Pages:
Author

Topic: [NR 1] Triplemining.com <> BIG jackpot every week <> - page 14. (Read 113533 times)

Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Pool operator of Triplemining.com
Not everyone is part of a mining team, so they do not show up in those cases.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Something I can't work out. Hashrate has tripled recently from ~120Gh to ~360GH, but I can't see much of a difference in the top mining pools list. Are ASICs not showing up on the list? or is there some other reason we're operating at such a high hash rate but it doesn't show up anywhere?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Hello. My most recent shares from the other day have disappeared from my account and I have not been paid for them. My balance has stayed the same the whole time. There were over 4000 shares for one of my workers that have not been credited. Any insight would be great.
Thank you.

We pay only for the shares of the last 24h before a block is found, so you will need to keep on mining.  This is a fair payout system, as you cannot hop this like proportional. This does include some variance (The days we find a block you will be payed a lot, the days we don't find a block you won't be payed) however, as it is risk free, we do not have to charge fee's to remain operational, so in the end you will earn more.

So just keep mining Smiley

Thank you for the info! I'll keep mining Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Okay, I think I get what you're saying.

So if someone jumps into the pool with a large amount of hashing power, then the effect on the other miners will be diluted more if the window is 48hrs. Okay, well that's a good thing then.

Yes. Although one miner with a large hashrate added to the pool will decrease the amount of variance others will experience.

OTOH if the pool loses a significant amount of hashrate, the extended window will also reduce the effect of the increase of variance from that.

Okay, I think I get what you're saying.

So if someone jumps into the pool with a large amount of hashing power, then the effect on the other miners will be diluted more if the window is 48hrs. Okay, well that's a good thing then.
donator
Poor impulse control.
Personally I quite like 24h.

Considering the success rate of 0.29 - that means one block every 82hrs or so... so 48hrs wouldn't really help combat the problem of pool-hoppers.

IMHO

Pool hoppers are not a problem here - at least anyone doing so will not have an effect on your expected earnings. All you have to be concerned about is the hashrate. If you use PPLNH, then the pool hashrate affects variance.

A 48 hour window would reduce variance compared to a 24 hour window. A block every three days means a standard deviation of 1.73 days.

We are internally discussing this too.  We might change this in the near future.
Personally I quite like 24h.

Considering the success rate of 0.29 - that means one block every 82hrs or so... so 48hrs wouldn't really help combat the problem of pool-hoppers.

IMHO
donator
Poor impulse control.
Hello. My most recent shares from the other day have disappeared from my account and I have not been paid for them. My balance has stayed the same the whole time. There were over 4000 shares for one of my workers that have not been credited. Any insight would be great.
Thank you.

We pay only for the shares of the last 24h before a block is found, so you will need to keep on mining.  This is a fair payout system, as you cannot hop this like proportional. This does include some variance (The days we find a block you will be payed a lot, the days we don't find a block you won't be payed) however, as it is risk free, we do not have to charge fee's to remain operational, so in the end you will earn more.

Since the network is a but larger now, thought about increasing your 24 hours of shares to 48 hours? It would reduce variance, although it increase by 24 hours the amount of time before a miner is credited.
Thank you.

Activity: 126
Thank you.
I'm currently mining in this pool. I also have a question about the "blocks expected to find in 24h" figure.

I'm presuming this is an equation based upon the current difficulty and the average hash-rate over the past 24h? Is this correct? I'm just trying to figure out if it takes the bitcoin difficulty into account, and how accurate this figure is. (That's not a criticism at all, I'm just interested in the math to work it out).

You are correct, this is just the shares found last 24hours divided by the current difficulty.
-If someone adds him / herself to a minipool while the one is already in a other minipool what hapens is the old one disconnected or doesnt anything happen at all?

-what is the plus to enter a big minipool? what I am understanding now is that a big pull makes more chance to win the lottery or am I mistaken? and if so how is this distributed?

We'll take your remarks into account for next time we update the site

Note that you cannot change minipools.  Also note that the minipool is to be seen as something more fun than usefull Smiley
Hi,

I'm currently mining in this pool. I also have a question about the "blocks expected to find in 24h" figure.

I'm presuming this is an equation based upon the current difficulty and the average hash-rate over the past 24h? Is this correct? I'm just trying to figure out if it takes the bitcoin difficulty into account, and how accurate this figure is. (That's not a criticism at all, I'm just interested in the math to work it out).

Many thanks,
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I really like your service but I think you need a few things in the help to make it all a little more clear to your users:

-You have on your transaction page the following:
 Blocks expected to find per 24h and in the ? sign you need to multiply this with the rewards to get an estimate / day. wouldnt it be way more confident to just put an other column below that calculates this for the user now it looks like they are making a fraction of whats below and I guess that is not what you guys mean.

-If someone adds him / herself to a minipool while the one is already in a other minipool what hapens is the old one disconnected or doesnt anything happen at all?

-what is the plus to enter a big minipool? what I am understanding now is that a big pull makes more chance to win the lottery or am I mistaken? and if so how is this distributed?

-I am reading that a lot of people are using linux (most ubuntu) maybe you should add a tutorial for them what miners they can use and what kind of commands are the best to use.
(I am an ubuntu user myself and I did find it out myself but I had to help my room mate to set this up.)

-there are more miners than these and I found out that per system its quite diffrend what miner you should use (cpu strong computers that have a weak gpu should use a miner that does ether cpu or cpu and gpu and not one that mines only with a gpu)

I do not have loads of knowledge about mining so please correct me if i am mistaken but i think that loads of newbee users can benefit from this

and maybe its nice to put something on the frontpage that says something like already found # blocks! I have read a few times (not only on this forum) that they thought you guys did not solve any block yet looking at the twitter page that is not true at all!

I think a setup like this will attract more users to your site
We're currently having issues.  Hardware is such an unreliable factor Smiley

Unfortunately, we will be down for some time until we can order/get new hardware.  

UPDATE: We're back online!
Activity: 237
I rave ... whats your excuse?!?
Noob question. The API key that is visible on the Workers page...how bad is it if somebody other than me knows that key?

They will be able to "see" your account: see how much you are mining etc.  The api key will currently only provide read-only access to some parts, and if we ever change that in the future, you will never be able to do something "wrong" with the key such as changing the payout address or something else.

Good to know...ty ty! Cheesy
Noob question. The API key that is visible on the Workers page...how bad is it if somebody other than me knows that key?

They will be able to "see" your account: see how much you are mining etc.  The api key will currently only provide read-only access to some parts, and if we ever change that in the future, you will never be able to do something "wrong" with the key such as changing the payout address or something else.
Activity: 237
I rave ... whats your excuse?!?

Thank you for your time.

Jake
Stratum mining is now active: stratum.triplemining.com port 3334.  Please use stratum instead of getwork/GBT  if you can, it's much more efficient!
Pages:
Jump to: