Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 63. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Odd.  It says less than 25BTC ahead of me so I should be in the next block.  However, the payout queue is 7 blocks deep and my address isn't listed on the page.  Correction, 8 blocks deep.

Address?

I looked up and it had been paid.  Interesting effect.  I mine both Eligius and Slush (personal friend is a Czech so it's a no-brainer).  I had a Slush payout at 10:0x AM then later an Eligius payout showed predating the Slush payout.  No harm no foul, just curious in view of the recent contested block found.

I assume you're using some web-based wallet service, as every regular wallet software I know of immediately shows Eligius payouts.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Odd.  It says less than 25BTC ahead of me so I should be in the next block.  However, the payout queue is 7 blocks deep and my address isn't listed on the page.  Correction, 8 blocks deep.

Address?

I looked up and it had been paid.  Interesting effect.  I mine both Eligius and Slush (personal friend is a Czech so it's a no-brainer).  I had a Slush payout at 10:0x AM then later an Eligius payout showed predating the Slush payout.  No harm no foul, just curious in view of the recent contested block found.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
I just recently realized that I have not received a NMC payout in almost 2 weeks.  I then looked at my MyEligius account, and discovered that my NMC payout address is one that I do not appear to own!  How could my NMC address get changed???  I have never changed it since I initially set it - although I have set other options, like BTC payout amount.

Wizkid, can you check and see how/when my NMC address got changed?  I am waiting until you look into this before I set it back to my correct payout address.

Address?

1HEVnMzamrnxWGyM56JoAesiHqVqvnqd4g

Sorry, should have realized that would be needed...

Here are details of all of the stats settings made for your address.  All of the signatures pass, so, if you didn't make the changes then someone else has your private key:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Xuni0iDS

I made the change of removing my customized payout of 0.25BTC to let it go to default - but I did NOT edit the NMC payout address at that time.  It is very likely though, that if it had changed, I would not have noticed it when I edited the payout amount, and would have submitted a signed message with the bad NMC address.

That is to say, I have never edited the NMC payout address on my account since I set it initially.  It clearly changed at some point, and I signed a couple of changes without noticing that it had changed.  I can't imagine any way I might have "accidentally" put in a totally bogus NMC address - which, I might add, does give the appearance of being a valid address - just not one of mine!

Is there a blockchain.info-like site for examining NMC addresses?

This is pretty scary to me.
legendary
I just recently realized that I have not received a NMC payout in almost 2 weeks.  I then looked at my MyEligius account, and discovered that my NMC payout address is one that I do not appear to own!  How could my NMC address get changed???  I have never changed it since I initially set it - although I have set other options, like BTC payout amount.

Wizkid, can you check and see how/when my NMC address got changed?  I am waiting until you look into this before I set it back to my correct payout address.

Address?

Here are details of all of the stats settings made for your address.  All of the signatures pass, so, if you didn't make the changes then someone else has your private key:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Xuni0iDS
legendary

Address?

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

Address?
legendary

legendary

Address?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
legendary
Should be good in a few minutes.

Payout system was paused pending my review of an orphaned block Sad

-wk
Its not good, no changes from hours

Everything looks fine now.  Stats and reward system are caught up, although I'll have to do yet another manual payout later today to catch up the payout queue.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Ya, blew thru 5 blocks in like 6 minutes. YAY!
Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

-wk
Its not good, no changes from hours
legendary

-wk
Activity: 447
My unpaid balance got stuck since 3 blocks or so. Is this issue common?
This is why I came to the forums tonight.  My total "Unpaid Balance" and the "Estimated Change" have not changed/updated in the past 5 hours or so.

The "Estimated Change" should have gone up as earlier a had a usb hub fail that had two Jalapeno's connected to it, so I dropped 14GH/s from my hashrate and since then the hashrate has gone back up but "Unpaid Balance" totals have not changed at all.

The miners are still hashing and shares are being accepted, just not showing on the stats page.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Not common but it happens every now and than when the pool finds some fast blocks and can't keep up with calcualtions.

Activity: 360
Activity: 448
anyone got a double payout recently, too?

https://blockchain.info/tx/89fb732aa1eb3f59a6b72ec2b21b2068bcfa76de87339af534d832c22d7f2def
https://blockchain.info/tx/8598ce3fedca8f2cd06e9289856dcd0c111dd9c8cdf690da3075098cbdfeb737

one is confirmed, the other one is not.

I got two mails from blockchain, one for each transaction. both mails include the note "1 confirmation",
so I have to think both transactions should have been balanced with my account.

But they were not - only one transaction was booked.

Any ideas?
Without even following your links, it probably has something to do with the orphaned block mentioned on the previous page...  (You were delivered the Eligius block that had your payment in it that was then orphaned by another pool, so your payment was resent in the next Eligius block, which will actually confirm)

Perfect, thanks  Cool

Essentially this is correct, however the payment in the orphaned block in the eyes if the reward system retroactively never happened,  so it may or may not have contained the exact same payouts depending on the shares to be paid at the time of the new block.

The coinbase transaction in the orphaned block can never confirm.

-wk

Thank you for your feedback, too Smiley

The second payment was a little bit higher, so I guess there was more to pay then  Cool

And, by the way, thanks for your support and for running this pool.
I like it very much - it's easy to use and it just: works.
legendary
Okay, I see that there is lot of stuff going on in the backscene we are not necessary aware. I have seen a lot of posts in this forum of people being confused by the timeout. Maybe you could add a "request payout" button, that would pay everything that is unpaid (if the unpaid balance is over 2 TBC, to avoid the botnet annoyance), but could only be invoqued once per week/month?

I've considered this.  This would need to be done with signmessage, also, to prevent lamers from requesting that everyone be paid out.  Also, it would not be instant and would just be a way to tell me, "Hey, this person wants a payout," since there is no hot wallet for Eligius for security purposes.  I have considered keeping a remote (not on Eligius servers) hot wallet with a very small amount of coins (less than 5 BTC at all times or so) for actual near-instant payout requests via signmessage... but this probably won't happen any time soon.

Is there anyway to know what amount is currently in the "reserve" fund? I know that the address 18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B gets the "surplus" money from every block found, but it seems there is a LOT more money than just that at that adress!

The 18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B offline wallet is one address in a shared offline wallet.  Some of the coins are Eligius's, some of the coins aren't.  There is no "reserve" fund, per se, as there are still shelved shares to be paid.  However, the pool cold wallet always does have the funds to cover every satoshi of every unpaid miner balance (not including estimates, obviously).  If you really want to know the exact amount the pool has on hand, you can determine this amount by summing the "balance" field in the balances.json then subtract 25 BTC for estimates for the current round (the "balance" field includes estimates).

Two ways I -think- could be used to "efficiently" represent this data is eiter:
a) A line chart of "Total BTC you would get" as a function of "Total BTC the pool catches up". So it would be an constantly increasing line.
b) A histogram of "Shelved shares you have" binned in groups of (say) 10 billion shelved shares, in reversed chronological order. Makes easy to see where in the share log is hidden the bulk of your shelved shares.

Actually, I've been working on a per-user share log visualization for quite a while now.  Making it make sense, though, is the hard part, since most of my attempts simply look like noise for most miners.  I'm still working on it though and I plan to have a histogram type visualization working in the next major stats/CPPSRB revision.

A while back, you told about the "?timemachine=1" trick to get our full history, but it is "hidden" because you said that web crawlers overloaded your servers with the requests to these pages while indexing your server. Have you tried using a robot.txt file to request that the stats pages not be crawled? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robots_exclusion_standard)

I have, actually, and it turns out most crawlers don't actually care about robots.txt.  Only the major ones (like Google, Yahoo, etc) seem to actually obey it.  The longer term goal is to simply make the data accessible more efficiently.  The stats have hash rate and balances data for every user since the beginning of Eligius-Ra.  I want to make that data accessible.  I want people to be able to plot 1 year of their personal hash rate if they so desired, without having to precompute everything all the time.

----

Side notes:  I do plan to drop the default minimum payout soon, probably to 40 TBC, which makes sense.  I haven't considered this a huge priority, since people can simply set their own minimums already.  But, it probably is time.

Thank you Wiz: You run a very. fair. pool.

Thanks! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: