Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 67. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
...14 block delay  Shocked

Not the worst ever. Its just because I've been too busy to get a manual payout together.

I will do so as soon as I get home today (6 hrs from now +/- an hour)

-wk
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
legendary
2:10AM EST something wasn't quite right.  Pool hashrate went over 600TH/s, my own hashrate showed an additional 100GH/s I wasn't hashing and that moved up into the 256seconds slot then both the 256seconds hashrate and the 128seconds hashrate dropped to roughly half my actual hashrate but these oddities weren't reflected on the graph.  Then the pool hashrate dropped from 600TH/s to 400TH/s.  Now the pool is up to 680TH/s and my own hashrate is showing twice what it should be.  Something is flukey.  Also, I usually see my payout behind one or two blocks, but right now it's behind 10blocks.  Is that right or is the pool getting ripped off somehow?

"Please note that there are still some artifacts happening with the hashrate graphs and short term hash rates. Rest assured that these are just stats glitches which I'm working on correcting soon. Thanks. -wk"

This is written in in big red letters on the main page of the stats.  Its a timestamping issue I haven't had time to fix yet.  It only effects stats, doesn't effect earnings.

Seriously, what other information do I have as in rewards in what I'm making on this pool? All I see are three lines:
As of last block
Estimated Change
Estimated Total

Is there anything else that shows me my rewards per blocks or anything like that with this pool. My friend pulled my arm again and forced me to try this pool again, but when looking for detailed information on how well or shitty I'm doing I just can't find it. And there is a number on my screen that says ALL TIME PAYOUT that has nothing to do with what I ever got paid. It is much higher.  Remember, I'm coming from BTC Guild, where all this information is right on your dashboard. I'm just trying to look for it on this pool. Can someone point me in the right direction? Free/No fees or not...if you can't see what your miner is doing then what's the point, right?

Eligius stats have tons of information exposed.  Obviously you can "see what your miner is doing" through the stats.  CPPSRB does not work the same as PPLNS (or pseudo PPLNS like guild uses).  Showing any per-block-per-user stats with CPPSRB would be confusing and misleading.  Also, "All time total payout" *is* exactly to the satoshi what you have been paid by the pool, verifiable by anyone looking at the blockchain.  That number is literally incremented by reading the raw payout transactions and adding the values for people paid.  If the transaction isn't in the blockchain, it can't be shown as part of "All time total payout".

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Sorry mates,

i think it the question was asked many timers before but i dont find the answer.

How can i get namecoins?

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O myBitcoinadress

but what do i have do to get namecoins?

On Configurable Options i can insert my namecoin adress but it wont change.

Thx for help
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
2:10AM EST something wasn't quite right.  Pool hashrate went over 600TH/s, my own hashrate showed an additional 100GH/s I wasn't hashing and that moved up into the 256seconds slot then both the 256seconds hashrate and the 128seconds hashrate dropped to roughly half my actual hashrate but these oddities weren't reflected on the graph.  Then the pool hashrate dropped from 600TH/s to 400TH/s.  Now the pool is up to 680TH/s and my own hashrate is showing twice what it should be.  Something is flukey.  Also, I usually see my payout behind one or two blocks, but right now it's behind 10blocks.  Is that right or is the pool getting ripped off somehow?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Seriously, what other information do I have as in rewards in what I'm making on this pool? All I see are three lines:
As of last block
Estimated Change
Estimated Total

Is there anything else that shows me my rewards per blocks or anything like that with this pool. My friend pulled my arm again and forced me to try this pool again, but when looking for detailed information on how well or shitty I'm doing I just can't find it. And there is a number on my screen that says ALL TIME PAYOUT that has nothing to do with what I ever got paid. It is much higher.  Remember, I'm coming from BTC Guild, where all this information is right on your dashboard. I'm just trying to look for it on this pool. Can someone point me in the right direction? Free/No fees or not...if you can't see what your miner is doing then what's the point, right?

legendary
Using just mining.eligius.st is depreciated, as the IP(s) it points to are not maintained actively anymore.
They should be, considering mining.eligius.st is just a CNAME for getwork.mining.eligius.st, which is a supported hostname...

In detail, all of the mining (and the web server) for Eligius is hosted on a set of servers on a private LAN.  The private LAN is then tunneled out to multiple low-latency servers around the US.  All of these are used for the stratum DNS record.  The top few are used for the GBT record, and those with the least redundancy used for the getwork record.

Correct, mining.eligius.st was, up until a few hours ago, CNAME to getwork.mining.eligius.st.  When the endpoints in the getwork record had some issues, even people mining with stratum on "mining.eligius.st" who did not update their hostname to "stratum.mining.eligius.st" also had issues.  As of now, the getwork and gbt hosts alias the stratum hosts and have the same redundancy... for now.

In any case, eventually I want to get the getwork and existing version of GBT loads away from the stratum loads, hence the need for multiple host names.  As evident by today's events, getwork and GBT (and stratum people on the wrong host name) account for about 20Th/sec of mining, or something like 3-4% of the pool.  However, getwork and GBT account for a full third of the server load.  From a system admin perspective, it would make sense to simply drop support entirely.

First, there is little to no reason that I can think of, and correct me if I'm wrong, for anyone to be using getwork anymore. 

Before you start throwing exceptions at me, sure, some miners like the ASICMINER blades use getwork, but do not correctly support it.  Pointing a blade directly at Eligius totally eliminates all pool side and client side  efficiency gains from vardiff, since the blades do not check hash target and submit all difficulty 1 shares to the getwork server they are configured with regardless of what the server tells it to do.  If configured directly to Eligius with out a proxy you're putting 4-8x more load on the pool than you should be per blade by forcing the pool to filter out your high hash shares and hardware errors.  Use a local proxy, either bfgminer's or slush's stratum proxy and don't put this extra burden on the pool.  Also, the blades are not multithreaded.  Their mining software runs on a PIC microcontroller.  Therefore, the blade waits for a response from the server before it continues and feeds new work to your hardware, thus lowering your hash rate proportionally with latency to the pool.  Again, run a local proxy.

CPU mining is bitcoin is pretty much dead, except for some (probably now abandoned) botnets.  When even 1000 CPU mining nodes makes a script kiddie something like $5/mo, even at current high prices, its time for a new hobby.

Getwork is good for dev testing... and I used it myself when testing out my mining patty prototype..... using a stratum proxy.

In any case, eventually the host names for various protocols *will* land on different physical servers.  The new host names have been posted for quite a while now... please update to a proper one for your protocol of choice if you haven't already.  If you don't have a protocol of choice, use stratum. 

I want to continue to support all protocols as long as possible, and to do so they will eventually need to be partitioned better server side.

-wk
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Using just mining.eligius.st is depreciated, as the IP(s) it points to are not maintained actively anymore.
They should be, considering mining.eligius.st is just a CNAME for getwork.mining.eligius.st, which is a supported hostname...
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
Can someone explain how Eligius payout schedule works? How can you find your spot or figure out when you would get paid your rewards?

legendary
Hey!
Just all of a sudden, my wifi miners (who are on 2 separate locations) suddenly stopped mining on eligius and moved to secondary bitparking automatically. Am i smoking or how in the world can this happend? All Lan miners still work on eligius and did not switch pool (so it cannot be routing by the isp is down to reach your pool).

I assume you were not using stratum.mining.eligius.st for the hostname.  .mining.eligius.st has been in place for a while now.  Using just mining.eligius.st is depreciated, as the IP(s) it points to are not maintained actively anymore.

-wk
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
It says on the page only bitcoind/bitcoin-qt or mtgox signatures are supported so far...

I've been signing with MulitBit no problem...

As have I.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Hive/Ethereum
It says on the page only bitcoind/bitcoin-qt or mtgox signatures are supported so far...

I've been signing with MulitBit no problem...
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
I had one set of hardware hashing away and another switch to a back up pool.  I couldn't get it to switch back so I tried resetting the one that was still connected and now I can't connect at all.  I'm using stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334

Chad
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
If anyone else still had miners pointed at mining.eligius.st instead of stratum.mining.eligius.st, looks like it broke this morning... Spent half an our trying to figure out what was wrong until I noticed the missing stratum subdomain.
yeah... 10% of the hashing rate went poof! as a result.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
Stats stuck again?  Been mining for about 10 minutes and it's still showing 0.00kH/s. Sad
legendary
Activity: 1260
Drunk Posts
If anyone else still had miners pointed at mining.eligius.st instead of stratum.mining.eligius.st, looks like it broke this morning... Spent half an our trying to figure out what was wrong until I noticed the missing stratum subdomain.
Activity: 294
Hey!
Just all of a sudden, my wifi miners (who are on 2 separate locations) suddenly stopped mining on eligius and moved to secondary bitparking automatically. Am i smoking or how in the world can this happend? All Lan miners still work on eligius and did not switch pool (so it cannot be routing by the isp is down to reach your pool).
Activity: 440
what is API token i want put in my android and ask me that
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
some news?  Huh

I had a massive dump this morning.  It was spectacular.  In other news, the train was late this morning, so the level crossing was down, delaying my entry to work by 2 minutes.

There you go, two never-before-heard pieces of news, hot from the press.

Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: