Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 65. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
orphaned blocks hurt. 269982

We came first, before slush by 30 seconds.  Not sure why our block was rejected.

Wizkid, how many nodes are you connected to?

According to blockchain.info your block wasn't seen for over 20 minutes after slush's.  Don't look at block timestamps, look at the *received time*.

2013-11-16 21:11:51 for Slush
2013-11-16 21:34:25 for Eligius

Even more than that...Slush found the block after his...10 minutes before blockchain.info saw a single node relay the Eligius version of 269982.

EDIT:  Okay...maybe ignore the above.  I'm seeing some *weird* timestamps on the received time with Blockchain.info right now.  Still, you should never base "which block came first" by the block timestamp since the timestamp is not reliable.

So "Time" in

http://blockchain.info/block-height/269982

Is not the received time?

2013-11-16 19:47:46 slush
2013-11-16 19:47:17 eligius
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

We came first, before slush by 30 seconds.  Not sure why our block was rejected.

According to blockchain.info your block wasn't seen for over 20 minutes after slush's.  Don't look at block timestamps, look at the *received time*.

2013-11-16 21:11:51 for Slush
2013-11-16 21:34:25 for Eligius

Even more than that...Slush found the block after his...10 minutes before blockchain.info saw a single node relay the Eligius version of 269982.

EDIT:  Okay...maybe ignore the above.  I'm seeing some *weird* timestamps on the received time with Blockchain.info right now.  Still, you should never base "which block came first" by the block timestamp since the timestamp is not reliable.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468

We came first, before slush by 30 seconds.  Not sure why our block was rejected.

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
i guess this question was already asked but i couldnt find an answer.

on the configurable options page, what do i have to put in the signature field to save my settings? (using an address from blockchain.info)

it's easy! https://blockchain.info/de/wallet/wallet-faq just look under How can I sign a Bitcoin message?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

on the configurable options page, what do i have to put in the signature field to save my settings? (using an address from blockchain.info)

As far as I know you need Bitcoin-QT running on a machine owning the payout address.  In Bitcoin-QT go to File menu and the Sign Message option.  Top line put the receive address.  Body put the line from the options page describing the changes.  Then click Sign Message and a long string will appear in the Signature field.  Check its accuracy by going to Verify Message where you input all the same data and click Verify.  If it checks you put that Signature in the space on the configurable options page and mash submit.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
2:10AM EST something wasn't quite right.  Pool hashrate went over 600TH/s, my own hashrate showed an additional 100GH/s I wasn't hashing and that moved up into the 256seconds slot then both the 256seconds hashrate and the 128seconds hashrate dropped to roughly half my actual hashrate but these oddities weren't reflected on the graph.  Then the pool hashrate dropped from 600TH/s to 400TH/s.  Now the pool is up to 680TH/s and my own hashrate is showing twice what it should be.  Something is flukey.  Also, I usually see my payout behind one or two blocks, but right now it's behind 10blocks.  Is that right or is the pool getting ripped off somehow?

"Please note that there are still some artifacts happening with the hashrate graphs and short term hash rates. Rest assured that these are just stats glitches which I'm working on correcting soon. Thanks. -wk"

This is written in in big red letters on the main page of the stats.  Its a timestamping issue I haven't had time to fix yet.  It only effects stats, doesn't effect earnings.

Seriously, what other information do I have as in rewards in what I'm making on this pool? All I see are three lines:
As of last block
Estimated Change
Estimated Total

Is there anything else that shows me my rewards per blocks or anything like that with this pool. My friend pulled my arm again and forced me to try this pool again, but when looking for detailed information on how well or shitty I'm doing I just can't find it. And there is a number on my screen that says ALL TIME PAYOUT that has nothing to do with what I ever got paid. It is much higher.  Remember, I'm coming from BTC Guild, where all this information is right on your dashboard. I'm just trying to look for it on this pool. Can someone point me in the right direction? Free/No fees or not...if you can't see what your miner is doing then what's the point, right?

Eligius stats have tons of information exposed.  Obviously you can "see what your miner is doing" through the stats.  CPPSRB does not work the same as PPLNS (or pseudo PPLNS like guild uses).  Showing any per-block-per-user stats with CPPSRB would be confusing and misleading.  Also, "All time total payout" *is* exactly to the satoshi what you have been paid by the pool, verifiable by anyone looking at the blockchain.  That number is literally incremented by reading the raw payout transactions and adding the values for people paid.  If the transaction isn't in the blockchain, it can't be shown as part of "All time total payout".

What stats? If I'm mining with Eligius and want to know what my rewards were on the last three blocks, where can I see this information? Is it there? This is all PPLNS. All I see is my hashrate and then can browse the blocks randomly that have nothing personally to do with me.

Activity: 237
i can't find it but i am sure there is some hidden option to show a 6 month overview.  anybody Huh
Activity: 351
Merit: 250

Activity: 266
wow taking a look at http://blockchain.info/pools it seems like GHash.io is going to surpass  BTCGuild, and we dropped to 12% of the network, hope we can get in the 20's Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Greetings Eligius Miners,

Just wanted to make note here that Eligius is the first pool to tentatively adopt a patch to our mining node to help deter address reuse. Due to concerns about people promoting address whitelisting/blacklisting in Bitcoin we're trying out an experimental feature that prioritizes transactions which use fresh addresses, as Bitcoin was designed to expect from the start.

This is experimental, has no real effect on miners or earnings, etc, and will be adjusted as needed as the patches evolve from here on.

Happy mining!

-wk

Yes, the network needs anti-bodies over this movement & then to scab over it like a pearl.  I'm all for it. It just needs MORE publicity.
On a related topic, I see in https://blockexplorer.com that it says no public key yet. So it appears until a New coin address is used for its first OUT-transaction, there is no hacking danger(except at the login level)?, Nor this blacklist danger? 

Edit:to clarify, I was responding to the WKs original post;  NOT agreeing to the theory of chain equality. LOL
Activity: 142
Hive/Ethereum
Hi,

How long it take for payouts to be confirmed? My one seems to be taking hours.

Coinbase transactions generally take 120 blocks to confirm
Activity: 197
Hi,

How long it take for payouts to be confirmed? My one seems to be taking hours.
Activity: 440
why diff is always 255
before is arround 127 or 63
Activity: 561
Merit: 521
Trustless IceColdWallet
Namacoin hot wallet?!

Where can i get one?

Compiling namecoin on osx, have anyone an good how to, inside the src is one, but not exact step for step.

thx very much
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
And the confusion begins... I'll just quote myself:

This is experimental, has no real effect on miners or earnings, etc

Wow.

You make a confusing announcement almost devoid of real information, and then respond condescendingly when people unsurprisingly have questions.

Wow.  That is just not necessary dude.

A better response would be to just explain the change in more detail.

Its not confusing.  The announcement was quite clear.  And I'm not being condescending. The specific questions posed were answered in the announcement already in the one line I reiterated.

There is also a link to the thread containing more detail in my initial post...

-wk

I get that the announcement stated that there were no changes that affected miners, but people read these things quickly and it is certainly not surprising or unexpected that you would get such questions - and even those of us who were not confused would still like to know more detail about this change.

I don't know how you can say you were not being condescending.  Reread your response and think about how it reads to the people you were responding to.

It was more a joke really, mainly because I was just talking on IRC about how people were going to be confused.  I do apologize if it came off offensively, however, as that was not my intent.

In any case, full details about the patch are in fact in the thread I linked to, and that opening post includes details and a link to the actual source changes to bitcoind.

-wk
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

Wow.

You make a confusing announcement almost devoid of real information, and then respond condescendingly when people unsurprisingly have questions.

Its not confusing.  The announcement was quite clear.  And I'm not being condescending. The specific questions posed were answered in the announcement already in the one line I reiterated.

-wk

I get that the announcement stated that there were no changes that affected miners, but people read these things quickly and it is certainly not surprising or unexpected that you would get such questions - and even those of us who were not confused would still like to know more detail about this change.

I don't know how you can say you were not being condescending.  Reread your response and think about how it reads to the people you were responding to.
legendary

Wow.

-wk
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

Wow.

legendary

Activity: 251
Just wanted to make note here that Eligius is the first pool to tentatively adopt a patch to our mining node to help deter address reuse.
This is experimental, has no real effect on miners or earnings, etc, and will be adjusted as needed as the patches evolve from here on.

If it has no real effect, what exactly is the deterrent ?
Pages:
Jump to: