Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 66. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
I'm kind of confused about what this means.  Are you saying every time the pool solves a block I should start mining with a new payment address?  Or are you saying that every time the pool solves a block the rewards will be sent out to miners from a unique address?

Chad

If I read correctly, neither.

The pool would prefer transactions to addresses which have not been reused.

Are you saying it would prefer addresses that have no record of use in the current block chain?  If I'm understanding it correctly, it seems like this would be a tricky situation because of the payout method used on this pool.  I was operating under the assumption that I would continue to mine until my reward reached something around 0.16xxxxxx, at which time it would enter the payout queue.  If I wasn't at the computer to immediately switch to a new address I would continue to accrue a small amount of coins that would probably be lost after switching to a new address because they are under the minimum limit.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Chad
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Hive/Ethereum
I'm kind of confused about what this means.  Are you saying every time the pool solves a block I should start mining with a new payment address?  Or are you saying that every time the pool solves a block the rewards will be sent out to miners from a unique address?

Chad

If I read correctly, neither.

The pool would prefer transactions to addresses which have not been reused.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Chad
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Greetings Eligius Miners,

Just wanted to make note here that Eligius is the first pool to tentatively adopt a patch to our mining node to help deter address reuse. Due to concerns about people promoting address whitelisting/blacklisting in Bitcoin we're trying out an experimental feature that prioritizes transactions which use fresh addresses, as Bitcoin was designed to expect from the start.

This is experimental, has no real effect on miners or earnings, etc, and will be adjusted as needed as the patches evolve from here on.

Happy mining!

-wk

https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=334316

Beyond encouraging behavior that improves privacy for everyone and making censorship more of a non-starter, this has a benefit of giving naturally more equitable access to the shared resource of the blockchain:  If someone is self-identifying as a single user by using an address over and over again, why not use that information to give other transactions (which may all be from independent users) more equal access?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
I notice my last payout from Eligius has a regular icon rather than the usual crossed hammers.  Anything?

Manual payout to catch up the payout queue.  Happens occasionally.  Lately about once every few days, actually.

I saw that 10 block line ahead of my last payout as well as some strange effects last night, since explained, and wondered if the reward for those 10 blocks had gone astray.  Also wondered if the connect failures to mining.eligius.st:3334, now understood to be depreciated in favor of stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 or getwork.mining.eligius.st:8337, could have reduced funds for payout.  But you say this happens every few days?
legendary
I notice my last payout from Eligius has a regular icon rather than the usual crossed hammers.  Anything?

Manual payout to catch up the payout queue.  Happens occasionally.  Lately about once every few days, actually.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Activity: 135
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Armory 0.89.99.14-testing supports Bitcoin-Qt-compatible message signing, so Armory users can use My Eligius and similar functionality
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

What do i have to write in the textbox below?
My Eligius - 2013-11-14 18:32:48 UTC - NMC_Address=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ?

You copy and paste everything in the first box on Eligius to your "Sign Message" in Bitcoin-Qt.  Press the "Sign Message" button, then copy and paste the string of characters in to the second box on Eligius.  If it works you'll see "Options changed successfully!" or something similar half way down the screen.

Activity: 576
Merit: 500
The entire thing under textbox:

My Eligius - 2013-11-14 18:32:48 UTC - NMC_Address=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

then hit sign and copy/paste the signature. After you submit changes, it will say signed successfully on top of the page.
Activity: 135
Sorry mates,

i think it the question was asked many timers before but i dont find the answer.

How can i get namecoins?

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O myBitcoinadress

but what do i have do to get namecoins?

On Configurable Options i can insert my namecoin adress but it wont change.

Thx for help

Are you submitting a valid message signature? After submitting it, the options page should say something along the lines of "signature passed".

Hm, for noobs

i am in the options form.
Here i copy and paste my Namecoin adress

Message to Sign with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
My Eligius - 2013-11-14 18:32:48 UTC - NMC_Address=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After that i go to my bitcoin-qt client
Sign message.
I copy and paste my Bitcoin adress for Eligius
What do i have to write in the textbox below?
My Eligius - 2013-11-14 18:32:48 UTC - NMC_Address=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ?
Or just:
NMC_Address=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry,newbie
Thx for help
legendary
v1 M-boards can be fried if the software doesn't compensate.
I don't make any effort to compensate in BFGMiner.
Nobody has tested it, but I cannot recommend this combination.
Do so at your own risk...

Side note: I've never had problems with chainminer on Eligius... (via stratum proxy of course) O.o

Hm, never did check if the people having issues were using the stratum proxy or not.  Definitely recommended for chainminer.  Or maybe bfgminers proxy?
chainminer isn't compatible with standard getwork either, so BFGMiner's proxy won't work with it.
(it always rolls ntime, even when this functionality is not enabled)
legendary

Side note: I've never had problems with chainminer on Eligius... (via stratum proxy of course) O.o

Hm, never did check if the people having issues were using the stratum proxy or not.  Definitely recommended for chainminer.  Or maybe bfgminers proxy?

-wk
legendary

legendary
I am finding that I am having inconsistent hash rates because I am either getting too low of pool difficulty or too high, for 24 hours I switched over to another pool that had manual difficulty setting, what I did was took ckolivas's advice by doing total Gh/s / 1.4 and was getting very consistent hash rates.  I see that the manual difficulty setting is not yet enabled, can the dev's update us on when this feature will be enabled so advanced miners may have a little more control over their hash rate fluctuations

With a higher difficulty you will get a much more inconsistent hash rate on the pool-side.  The current variable difficulty settings on Eligius are tried and tested and have proven to work perfectly.  There is no need to adjust the difficulty manually, ever.  Info to the contrary is simply incorrect.  The pool targets 32 shares per minute.  This ensures that a) You are never spinning your wheels, per se, working on too high of a difficulty work for your hash rate, b) ensures the pool gets sufficient shares from your miner to keep statistics variance low so that stats are still valid, c) makes it so you don't have to ever actually change anything since pool does it for you, and many other advantages over a static difficulty.

I will most likely be scrapping the manual difficulty setting option, since after much research and testing, it simply has no real purpose.

Basically, if you're setting a static difficulty on another pool and you're getting a better hash rate, either you've been fooled by variance or the pool is lying.

-wk

I tried pointing my bitfury at this pool and it throws massive amounts of errors due to the min difficulty setting. It only gets up to about 50gh/s when it should be 500gh/s. I found this same thing happened on other pools until i manually set the min difficulty to 350 (500 / 1.4). Would love to be able to set min difficulty so I could point my bitfury at this pool.

Are you using chainminer or bfgminer? bfg seems to handle the low diff startup fairly well.

chainminer v1 (got the v1 m-board). I'll have to look around and try to figure out how to use it with bfgminer.

This is a known chainminer issue as it doesnt queue work well apparently. Chainminer doesn't even send a useragent so I cant even compensate for it pool side.

I'd suggest bfgminer
I am finding that I am having inconsistent hash rates because I am either getting too low of pool difficulty or too high, for 24 hours I switched over to another pool that had manual difficulty setting, what I did was took ckolivas's advice by doing total Gh/s / 1.4 and was getting very consistent hash rates.  I see that the manual difficulty setting is not yet enabled, can the dev's update us on when this feature will be enabled so advanced miners may have a little more control over their hash rate fluctuations

With a higher difficulty you will get a much more inconsistent hash rate on the pool-side.  The current variable difficulty settings on Eligius are tried and tested and have proven to work perfectly.  There is no need to adjust the difficulty manually, ever.  Info to the contrary is simply incorrect.  The pool targets 32 shares per minute.  This ensures that a) You are never spinning your wheels, per se, working on too high of a difficulty work for your hash rate, b) ensures the pool gets sufficient shares from your miner to keep statistics variance low so that stats are still valid, c) makes it so you don't have to ever actually change anything since pool does it for you, and many other advantages over a static difficulty.

I will most likely be scrapping the manual difficulty setting option, since after much research and testing, it simply has no real purpose.

Basically, if you're setting a static difficulty on another pool and you're getting a better hash rate, either you've been fooled by variance or the pool is lying.

-wk

I tried pointing my bitfury at this pool and it throws massive amounts of errors due to the min difficulty setting. It only gets up to about 50gh/s when it should be 500gh/s. I found this same thing happened on other pools until i manually set the min difficulty to 350 (500 / 1.4). Would love to be able to set min difficulty so I could point my bitfury at this pool.

Are you using chainminer or bfgminer? bfg seems to handle the low diff startup fairly well.

chainminer v1 (got the v1 m-board). I'll have to look around and try to figure out how to use it with bfgminer.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts

-wk

I am finding that I am having inconsistent hash rates because I am either getting too low of pool difficulty or too high, for 24 hours I switched over to another pool that had manual difficulty setting, what I did was took ckolivas's advice by doing total Gh/s / 1.4 and was getting very consistent hash rates.  I see that the manual difficulty setting is not yet enabled, can the dev's update us on when this feature will be enabled so advanced miners may have a little more control over their hash rate fluctuations

With a higher difficulty you will get a much more inconsistent hash rate on the pool-side.  The current variable difficulty settings on Eligius are tried and tested and have proven to work perfectly.  There is no need to adjust the difficulty manually, ever.  Info to the contrary is simply incorrect.  The pool targets 32 shares per minute.  This ensures that a) You are never spinning your wheels, per se, working on too high of a difficulty work for your hash rate, b) ensures the pool gets sufficient shares from your miner to keep statistics variance low so that stats are still valid, c) makes it so you don't have to ever actually change anything since pool does it for you, and many other advantages over a static difficulty.

-wk

Activity: 142
Hive/Ethereum
Sorry mates,

i think it the question was asked many timers before but i dont find the answer.

How can i get namecoins?

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O myBitcoinadress

but what do i have do to get namecoins?

On Configurable Options i can insert my namecoin adress but it wont change.

Thx for help

Are you submitting a valid message signature? After submitting it, the options page should say something along the lines of "signature passed".
Pages:
Jump to: