Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 68. (Read 458255 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Activity: 6
It says on the page only bitcoind/bitcoin-qt or mtgox signatures are supported so far...

Actually, it says "You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures, or MtGox, for your mining address to sign options!", but thanks for the clarification, I just assumed that Multibit supported standard signatures.

I'll look in to downloading bitoind/bitcoin-qt and importing my wallet/keys so I can get the correct sig...

EDIT - Success!  I set up an account at Blockchain.info, imported my mining wallet and private key data, went to "receive money", and was able to use the dropdown menu to sign the required Eligius message and change my payout option.   
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
It says on the page only bitcoind/bitcoin-qt or mtgox signatures are supported so far...
Activity: 409
Merit: 251
Crypt'n Since 2011
No luck signing messages here either  Cry
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
Has anyone had luck changing their payout option in the Eligius options form (Configurable options page)?

I'm using my multibit wallet to sign the message generated but keep getting "Signature fails!".  It checks ok when I verify the message myself.

Any ideas?

I couldn't get an armory signed address to work myself

blockchain.info signed addresses work though

Negative, just tried blockchain.info - not working.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Has anyone had luck changing their payout option in the Eligius options form (Configurable options page)?

I'm using my multibit wallet to sign the message generated but keep getting "Signature fails!".  It checks ok when I verify the message myself.

Any ideas?

I couldn't get an armory signed address to work myself

blockchain.info signed addresses work though
Activity: 6

Any ideas?

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
I just now switched over to Eligius from slush's pool. so far so good! I will know more in a day or so, but I like the user stats interface much better already. AFAIK on average, one makes about the same amount of BTC per hashrate no matter where you go... at least I'm saving on fees here!
Activity: 38
Is the 32 share per minute target per-worker or per-address?  Knowing that could help some configurations and allow the miner some flexibility in optimizing their configuration.
Per worker.

Perfect, so the answer to the original question on user changeable difficulty is obvious and if someone can't figure it out then they shouldn't be trying to adjust their difficulty in the first place Wink
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
 Grin Thank you wizkid057.
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
Why is the payout queue empty?

Because I want to keep all of the coins to myself today

Just kidding.  Just a fail-safe event from block 269074... for some reason the core database got a little lagged around that time and the CPPSRB code paused pending my doubling checking of everything.  I have it catching up now and the payout queue should be back to normal soon.  (Looks like about 90 minutes).

-wk
Grin
legendary

Because I want to keep all of the coins to myself today

Just kidding.  Just a fail-safe event from block 269074... for some reason the core database got a little lagged around that time and the CPPSRB code paused pending my doubling checking of everything.  I have it catching up now and the payout queue should be back to normal soon.  (Looks like about 90 minutes).

-wk
Activity: 182
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Is the 32 share per minute target per-worker or per-address?  Knowing that could help some configurations and allow the miner some flexibility in optimizing their configuration.
Per worker.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
So, are the bitcoin transaction fees (or a precentage of them) paid to the miners?  and if so,  how does this work in detail?
Shares are paid from newest to oldest until block subsidy+fees is paid.
Activity: 266
I am finding that I am having inconsistent hash rates because I am either getting too low of pool difficulty or too high, for 24 hours I switched over to another pool that had manual difficulty setting, what I did was took ckolivas's advice by doing total Gh/s / 1.4 and was getting very consistent hash rates.  I see that the manual difficulty setting is not yet enabled, can the dev's update us on when this feature will be enabled so advanced miners may have a little more control over their hash rate fluctuations

With a higher difficulty you will get a much more inconsistent hash rate on the pool-side.  The current variable difficulty settings on Eligius are tried and tested and have proven to work perfectly.  There is no need to adjust the difficulty manually, ever.  Info to the contrary is simply incorrect.  The pool targets 32 shares per minute.  This ensures that a) You are never spinning your wheels, per se, working on too high of a difficulty work for your hash rate, b) ensures the pool gets sufficient shares from your miner to keep statistics variance low so that stats are still valid, c) makes it so you don't have to ever actually change anything since pool does it for you, and many other advantages over a static difficulty.

I will most likely be scrapping the manual difficulty setting option, since after much research and testing, it simply has no real purpose.

Basically, if you're setting a static difficulty on another pool and you're getting a better hash rate, either you've been fooled by variance or the pool is lying.

-wk
thanks, well explained, happy to stay with Eligius! Smiley
Activity: 132
So, are the bitcoin transaction fees (or a precentage of them) paid to the miners?  and if so,  how does this work in detail?
Activity: 38
legendary
I am finding that I am having inconsistent hash rates because I am either getting too low of pool difficulty or too high, for 24 hours I switched over to another pool that had manual difficulty setting, what I did was took ckolivas's advice by doing total Gh/s / 1.4 and was getting very consistent hash rates.  I see that the manual difficulty setting is not yet enabled, can the dev's update us on when this feature will be enabled so advanced miners may have a little more control over their hash rate fluctuations

With a higher difficulty you will get a much more inconsistent hash rate on the pool-side.  The current variable difficulty settings on Eligius are tried and tested and have proven to work perfectly.  There is no need to adjust the difficulty manually, ever.  Info to the contrary is simply incorrect.  The pool targets 32 shares per minute.  This ensures that a) You are never spinning your wheels, per se, working on too high of a difficulty work for your hash rate, b) ensures the pool gets sufficient shares from your miner to keep statistics variance low so that stats are still valid, c) makes it so you don't have to ever actually change anything since pool does it for you, and many other advantages over a static difficulty.

I will most likely be scrapping the manual difficulty setting option, since after much research and testing, it simply has no real purpose.

Basically, if you're setting a static difficulty on another pool and you're getting a better hash rate, either you've been fooled by variance or the pool is lying.

-wk
Activity: 266
I am finding that I am having inconsistent hash rates because I am either getting too low of pool difficulty or too high, for 24 hours I switched over to another pool that had manual difficulty setting, what I did was took ckolivas's advice by doing total Gh/s / 1.4 and was getting very consistent hash rates.  I see that the manual difficulty setting is not yet enabled, can the dev's update us on when this feature will be enabled so advanced miners may have a little more control over their hash rate fluctuations
Pages:
Jump to: