Pages:
Author

Topic: Pirate accomplices - page 15. (Read 30323 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
August 27, 2012, 09:43:46 AM
That is an interesting thought.  If it was so obvious that Pirate was a ponzi, why did Theymos want in? and so late in the game besides?

Theymos ONLY wanted into an insured portion of the fund.

People should not get the wrong idea and rather do their due diligence or ask him directly.

Insured or not, willing participating in a 'known' ponzi is certainly immoral and most likely illegal.  If nothing else, his request for the insured PPT is what blew up the PPT market.  Before then, there were very few, I think 1 actually.

Oh it's a 'known' ponzi now? That's a refreshing change from your usual posts.

By all means though, continue to deflect the heat onto your customers if you don't like the questions being asked.   Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 27, 2012, 09:41:44 AM
Goat do you routinely out your clients and investors?  Remind me to never do business with you.  Crazy I know that I would expect financial privacy on business deals made in .... private.

The request was made in public.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
August 27, 2012, 09:35:54 AM
That is an interesting thought.  If it was so obvious that Pirate was a ponzi, why did Theymos want in? and so late in the game besides?

People should not get the wrong idea and rather do their due diligence or ask him directly.

You are an idiot... He did not want it to be insured...

..and you are a fucking COWARD shill.

Remember 1 thing: I didn't rip anyone off, nor is there a grey area in my ledger.

Perhaps try a bit of self reflection before pointing the finger to get heat off of yourself.

Goat on a Boat ? More like a Chicken getting a Dick'n.
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
August 27, 2012, 09:35:43 AM
That is an interesting thought.  If it was so obvious that Pirate was a ponzi, why did Theymos want in? and so late in the game besides?

Insured or not, willing participating in a 'known' ponzi is certainly immoral and most likely illegal.  If nothing else, his request for the insured PPT is what blew up the PPT market.  Before then, there were very few, I think 1 actually.
Activity: 686
Wat
August 27, 2012, 09:35:09 AM

You are an idiot... He did not want it to be insured...

Well thats awkward.....
I heart thebaron
August 27, 2012, 09:32:56 AM

Activity: 518
August 27, 2012, 09:27:09 AM
You fool.

At least I can read, which is apparently more than you can. Lets try again, shall we?
You deny being fooled by Pirate, correct?
Hence either you are still convinced he will pay out, or you never believed it. Which is it? Its a simple question goat, you cant have it three ways.
Wat
August 27, 2012, 09:25:07 AM
Seems to me that all those that set up Pirate pass-thrus investments were very clear about what they were.  If they were trying to hide the fact that they were Pirate pass-thrus then that would be suspicious, but otherwise I can't see any reason to place blame on them.

Yeah, pretty soon P4man and Vlad are going to go after GLBSE for letting it happen. Theymos asking for it to be set up on GLBSE and him being a large stock holder! Oh my!

I thought everybody already knew Nefario is a pirate?
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
August 27, 2012, 09:23:17 AM
Seems to me that all those that set up Pirate pass-thrus investments were very clear about what they were.  If they were trying to hide the fact that they were Pirate pass-thrus then that would be suspicious, but otherwise I can't see any reason to place blame on them.

Yeah, pretty soon P4man and Vlad are going to go after GLBSE for letting it happen. Theymos asking for it to be set up on GLBSE and him being a large stock holder! Oh my!

Activity: 431
Merit: 251
August 27, 2012, 09:11:01 AM
Activity: 518
August 27, 2012, 08:58:53 AM
Goat you do your nickname dishonour.
reread what I wrote and then respond.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 27, 2012, 08:37:03 AM
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
August 27, 2012, 08:27:41 AM
If it all turns bad I dont think its fair to say *all* the PPT ppls were accomplices... some were pretty much saying they know how it all works and its safe blah blah blah and others were not... for e.g I dont think I saw Payb.tc give his opinion on if it was safe, he made the risks very clear... but yeah.. others operators were clearly trying to get more business.

Very few of the apparent shills were saying anything so modest (something like "well, he's always paid me back" might have been reasonable).  Instead, they launched in to tirades about how irresponsible it was call it a Ponzi without proof, and about how they know his business model--in fact, his business model was obvious!

This is not passive investment (indeed, a passive investor who thought he had a legitimate model might appreciate "FUD" because it would help keep others out and keep their own "legitimate" rates up). No, this was shill behavior.  I am convinced that the only reason these people continue to defend Pirate "credulously" is they want to convince others they are innocent victims rather than shills.
Wat
August 27, 2012, 07:48:56 AM
Lets be honest. Nothing will happen to anyone just like all the scams before.

Show me one time a large theft of bitcoin ever got dealt with criminal charges?

Show me a case where the PERP was in the USA and known 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3_gfgiNz8

Jonathan Ryan Owens  Cheesy
I heart thebaron
August 27, 2012, 07:43:34 AM

Show me a case where the PERP was in the USA and known 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3_gfgiNz8
Wat
August 27, 2012, 07:38:00 AM

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
August 27, 2012, 06:14:16 AM
I haven't seen anyone mention anywhere the possibility that Pirate himself is getting screwed by someone else. If he really was he was using the BTC to fund some sort of real world operation, it's possible someone else saw the chance to use him as a fall guy and a sucker in his in own right. They saw a way to get him to suck 5 million out of the bitcoin community while leading him along the whole time. It sounds like an excuse, but it's entirely possible.

Maybe he knows a Chinese relic collector named Chen.   Roll Eyes
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
I heart thebaron
August 27, 2012, 05:58:05 AM
I haven't seen anyone mention anywhere the possibility that Pirate himself is getting screwed by someone else. If he really was he was using the BTC to fund some sort of real world operation, it's possible someone else saw the chance to use him as a fall guy and a sucker in his in own right. They saw a way to get him to suck 5 million out of the bitcoin community while leading him along the whole time. It sounds like an excuse, but it's entirely possible.

Yes...and the Moon is made of Cheese.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
August 27, 2012, 05:56:55 AM
Pages:
Jump to: