Pages:
Author

Topic: Pirate accomplices - page 16. (Read 30323 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
August 27, 2012, 05:50:21 AM
Vladimir, you forgot the ALL TIME CLASSIC.....

An easier way to spot a scammer is this simple phrase.

Honest people leave tracks in the sand.

I wonder what that makes a person who tries to wipe his tracks out of the sand then ?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
August 27, 2012, 05:01:49 AM
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
August 27, 2012, 04:39:54 AM
You can know how it worked and still know the risks. Do you know failed safe business? I don't.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
August 27, 2012, 04:37:32 AM
If you werent fooled, then either you are still convinced pirate will pay out in full, or you are saying that you knew all along. Which is it?

Grin   Not so sure of yourself anymore eh? lol

Even if you had a brain, I cant look in to yours. The issue here is not if I am sure, a more interesting question is if you are since you have been on the take and convinced countless people to deposit. So are you saying you scammed them knowingly or that you still stand behind pirate?
legendary
Activity: 910
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
August 27, 2012, 04:28:58 AM
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
August 27, 2012, 04:27:15 AM
all these new guys  with under 10 posts defending pirate and blaming the victims of the theft look highly suspicious to me
same with people saying stuff like ,dont be posting his personal details online just because he scammed you in obvious ponzi etc like WTF ....

if he did  rob $5.5 million worth of bitcoins ,dont expect  "privacy to be respected"

also anyone buying up reduced priced accounts deserves further  scrutiny as well in the even that pirate does manage to buy his debt at about 30% of face value and then pay the remaining debtors

if he deliberately  created enough panic that he can pay back 2 mil instead of 5.5 mil i would still class that as a partial scam /default
August 27, 2012, 04:23:58 AM
If you werent fooled, then either you are still convinced pirate will pay out in full, or you are saying that you knew all along. Which is it?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
August 27, 2012, 04:06:17 AM
Because none of those big Pirate backers are getting out their pitchforks. In fact most of them are still tacitly supporting him.

There are not so many explications for this. Either it is not a ponzi and somehow Pirate will pay up, crazy as that may sound to anyone who has no more information than I have.

Remember that early adopters could easily have already received far more than they put in. Rather than have it clawed back it might seem more politic to them to simply continue the charade...

-MarkM-
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
August 27, 2012, 03:37:53 AM
August 27, 2012, 03:34:12 AM
Pirate's scheme from the getgo had all the hallmarks of a typical ponzi.  Without more information than what was and is known publicly, anyone who can think should and would have assumed it to be a ponzi.

The only reason I gave this scheme any credibility whatsoever was the fact that a lot of generally intelligent and (apparently at least ) even honest long timers on this forum gave it not only the benefit of the doubt, but full credibility. Many of them did know more than I did, because they met Pirate, because some at least claimed to know and understand his business model.  People who I assume to be smart enough to recognize a ponzi when staring at one this obvious. If they were totally convinced it wasn't one, what was it they knew that I did not?

This is still true today, perhaps even more so than 6 months ago. IF 6 months ago, I was 95% sure  it was a ponzi, right now, ironically,  I am *less * sure . Why ? Because these same, generally intelligent people  dont seem to be thrown off one bit, despite the fact that it looks like a ponzi now more than anything ever could.  Because I dont believe Matthew, crazy as he may be, is actually stupid enough or can even afford to bet $1M on something he wouldnt be sure off or doesnt  understand himself.  Because none of those big Pirate backers are getting out their pitchforks. In fact most of them are still tacitly supporting him.

There are not so many explications for this. Either it is not a ponzi and somehow Pirate will pay up, crazy as that may sound to anyone who has no more information than I have.

Or if it is a ponzi, then the vast majority of pirate backers were given an incentive to pretend to believe him. I might believe Goat is stupid enough to be fooled  by pirate, but I will not believe that from most of the others. IOW, if this unfolds like it appears it will,  they would be knowing accomplices.  And very effective ones at that.
Pages:
Jump to: