Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 39. (Read 249402 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 261
will keep a close eye on this one Smiley
Yes, we should. But it won't be that fast.
Lots of stuff needs to be done. It will be big day when the new version Qora is released.
Activity: 196
Merit: 124
will keep a close eye on this one Smiley
Activity: 212
Merit: 102
Qora was Ethereum before Ethereum's idea was even known to BTT.

The most promising coin with more developed features than 90% of the shitcoins out there, that for the most part, died. Makes me a bit sad tbh, was such a solid coin.

...and so

This is just one of the other ideas we're talking about.

Thank you crowetic , and i am always looking for update from you , glade to hear that QORA is getting huge development and really good improvements , keep it up bro we are with you
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hey guys, I also have some coins on polo and would liek to withdraw them. But I am a total noob in qora and cannot even find out how to withdraw to my wallet. Is there some manual that can help? I just downloaded the new wallet and am synchronizing it. Thank you in advance, greetings to everyone.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
i have Qora coins on Poloniex. when coin start again - i can made trade or withdrawal from poloniex ?
Why do you keep Qora on Poloniex?
It was delisted long time ago. Withdraw it as soon as possible. It might be very valuable in the future.
I think that you cant withdraw it anymore...Maybe if they relist it...
Exchanges usually allow you withdraw long time after delisting coins.
If Poloniex doesn't follow that rule, it is ruining its reputation.
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
i have Qora coins on Poloniex. when coin start again - i can made trade or withdrawal from poloniex ?
It was delisted long time ago. Withdraw it as soon as possible. It might be very valuable in the future.
I think that you cant withdraw it anymore...Maybe if they relist it...
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Activity: 17
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
So as of now the Qora chain is stable?

Good to see Crowetic in here im interested in this coins future, i think it could be revived really well. Will give me an excuse to finally get on openledger
Have anyone tried selling and buying bulks of Qora in openledger?
I never used that before. Maybe I will have a try if it works well.

openledger had a problem with the deposit and the payment of qora, you had to write to the owner. It was supposed to be automatic, but it lasts a year;) maybe someone has more information?

hmmm, well maybe yall could try crypto bridge, i really like that one, i think its related to openledger/bitshares.
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

Good to see Crowetic in here im interested in this coins future, i think it could be revived really well. Will give me an excuse to finally get on openledger

openledger had a problem with the deposit and the payment of qora, you had to write to the owner. It was supposed to be automatic, but it lasts a year;) maybe someone has more information?
Activity: 392
Merit: 152

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

The most promising coin with more developed features than 90% of the shitcoins out there, that for the most part, died. Makes me a bit sad tbh, was such a solid coin.

...and so it shall be again. A solid coin. Smiley 

There are remaining db issues to resolve, but each new version comes with new fixes. We're progressing nicely. The reason that QORA is taking longer to get 'back off the ground' than we all would like, is that it runs a different type of db than ANY other project. One that allows it the features that it has, and that no other coin does.

We recently got word from cat that he is thinking of a new method of communication within QORA, which would allow QORAnet to host and stream video perfectly. So QORA is well on its way to getting even MORE features than it had before.

That, in combination with my ideas for incentive for good content, and in v2 a totally new idea regarding mining and keeping the coin supply as the community would like (Proof Of Burn) I believe truly will propel QORA into the next generation of crypto projects.

As it sits QORA can already tackle rebuilding the internet in a totally secure way that cannot be hacked, or virus-laden easily. On top of that the ability to take on steemit (in a TOTALLY DECENTRALIZED way that steemit cannot compete with at all right now) at its own game of blogs that reward you...

QORA will be a force to be reckoned with once it gets past the baby steps of fixing the db issues, and becomes the solid project it can be.

The initial re-start of everything, is going to take time, I keep reiterating this so that people don't keep asking the same questions, but they seem to be asking them anyway, so I'll continue to reiterate... However, once the stability issues are fully resolved, and the new features begin adding, things should really start to be seen easily with regard to how the future will be. I think that when even just a couple of our ideas are implemented, there will be no question in people's minds why the believers in QORA are as such.

Doubting the forward progress of such a project, is something that I believe to be a very unintelligent way of thinking... especially given the multiple new releases of the project recently, all of which containing fixes for various issues in the previous relating to core stability of the project. Doubt if you like, however, you'll be unhappy you did. I firmly believe this.

Exchanges are not necessary until stability is spot-on, and in fact, one of my next focuses will be speaking to vbcs in regards to the potential for a SmartContract to be written that would allow for QORA's Asset Exchange to be turned into a fully decentralized exchange. All that would be required for this is a network of federated nodes, multisignature wallets, and a Smart Contract with the ability to execute commands of other wallets and control QORA Assets.

The general idea here would be this...

1. User wants to trade BTC on QORA Exchange.

2. QORA exchange has a deposit button along with a list of accepted tokens.

3. User clicks this button.

4. A SmartContract that not only owns the Asset that is tied to the coin depositing, but also owns the ability to control the node of the deposit coin (which in reality is a bunch of nodes all working together and using multi-signature for decentralization and security) creates a deposit address of the coin to be deposited, and provides this to the user. Once user deposits, the SmartContract then takes that deposited amount, and issues the user the equivalent amount in the QORA Asset with a similar name... (i.e. QBTC)

5. User then has QBTC asset which is a 1:1 asset representing real BTC, stored in a fully automated and decentralized way in multi-signature wallets only controlled by the SmartContract. The SmartContract, not being a human, cannot steal funds, as it has both no ability to do so, and is programmed to only do specific things, cannot think, and therefore cannot do anything other than what it is told.

6. Upon wanting to convert the QBTC back to BTC, a reverse of the same transaction that approved the deposit, approves the withdrawal, and the SmartContract is given back the QBTC, then credits the user to an address of his/her choosing with the BTC.

This could make QORA Exchange, into a fully decentralized exchange that would allow fast-paced trading. Yes, it would still be reliant upon blocktimes for confirmations, however, with a new tx type (that is already going to be added) unconfirmed txs could be used, making everything instant. Transient tx (the new type) could also provide fee-free trades if we so desired. Making QORA Exchange into the only fee-free decentralized exchange in existence. Every QORA node would be part of the hosting for the Exchange, hosting the SmartContracts that help with deposit/withdrawal, as well as the UI for trading, and the system itself.

crowetic, thanks for this informative post.
Today is a terrible day for me, and this post is the only one that cheer me up.
I can have a good sleep now.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

...and so it shall be again. A solid coin. Smiley 

There are remaining db issues to resolve, but each new version comes with new fixes. We're progressing nicely. The reason that QORA is taking longer to get 'back off the ground' than we all would like, is that it runs a different type of db than ANY other project. One that allows it the features that it has, and that no other coin does.

We recently got word from cat that he is thinking of a new method of communication within QORA, which would allow QORAnet to host and stream video perfectly. So QORA is well on its way to getting even MORE features than it had before.

That, in combination with my ideas for incentive for good content, and in v2 a totally new idea regarding mining and keeping the coin supply as the community would like (Proof Of Burn) I believe truly will propel QORA into the next generation of crypto projects.

As it sits QORA can already tackle rebuilding the internet in a totally secure way that cannot be hacked, or virus-laden easily. On top of that the ability to take on steemit (in a TOTALLY DECENTRALIZED way that steemit cannot compete with at all right now) at its own game of blogs that reward you...

QORA will be a force to be reckoned with once it gets past the baby steps of fixing the db issues, and becomes the solid project it can be.

The initial re-start of everything, is going to take time, I keep reiterating this so that people don't keep asking the same questions, but they seem to be asking them anyway, so I'll continue to reiterate... However, once the stability issues are fully resolved, and the new features begin adding, things should really start to be seen easily with regard to how the future will be. I think that when even just a couple of our ideas are implemented, there will be no question in people's minds why the believers in QORA are as such.

Doubting the forward progress of such a project, is something that I believe to be a very unintelligent way of thinking... especially given the multiple new releases of the project recently, all of which containing fixes for various issues in the previous relating to core stability of the project. Doubt if you like, however, you'll be unhappy you did. I firmly believe this.

Exchanges are not necessary until stability is spot-on, and in fact, one of my next focuses will be speaking to vbcs in regards to the potential for a SmartContract to be written that would allow for QORA's Asset Exchange to be turned into a fully decentralized exchange. All that would be required for this is a network of federated nodes, multisignature wallets, and a Smart Contract with the ability to execute commands of other wallets and control QORA Assets.

The general idea here would be this...

1. User wants to trade BTC on QORA Exchange.

2. QORA exchange has a deposit button along with a list of accepted tokens.

3. User clicks this button.

4. A SmartContract that not only owns the Asset that is tied to the coin depositing, but also owns the ability to control the node of the deposit coin (which in reality is a bunch of nodes all working together and using multi-signature for decentralization and security) creates a deposit address of the coin to be deposited, and provides this to the user. Once user deposits, the SmartContract then takes that deposited amount, and issues the user the equivalent amount in the QORA Asset with a similar name... (i.e. QBTC)

5. User then has QBTC asset which is a 1:1 asset representing real BTC, stored in a fully automated and decentralized way in multi-signature wallets only controlled by the SmartContract. The SmartContract, not being a human, cannot steal funds, as it has both no ability to do so, and is programmed to only do specific things, cannot think, and therefore cannot do anything other than what it is told.

6. Upon wanting to convert the QBTC back to BTC, a reverse of the same transaction that approved the deposit, approves the withdrawal, and the SmartContract is given back the QBTC, then credits the user to an address of his/her choosing with the BTC.

This could make QORA Exchange, into a fully decentralized exchange that would allow fast-paced trading. Yes, it would still be reliant upon blocktimes for confirmations, however, with a new tx type (that is already going to be added) unconfirmed txs could be used, making everything instant. Transient tx (the new type) could also provide fee-free trades if we so desired. Making QORA Exchange into the only fee-free decentralized exchange in existence. Every QORA node would be part of the hosting for the Exchange, hosting the SmartContracts that help with deposit/withdrawal, as well as the UI for trading, and the system itself.

agreed , i wonder what is going on , coins with no futures and shiti explanation , they are getting huge pump everyday

That is also what I am thinking about.
Qora has a long history, plenty of valuable features.
There should be much hype once it is workable again.
Activity: 212
Merit: 102

agreed , i wonder what is going on , coins with no futures and shiti explanation , they are getting huge pump everyday
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge

Activity: 756
Merit: 268
So is this project now dead? The website seems to be down and no exchanges trading amymore. Huh

Qora is a crypto cockroach, nothing can kill it, not even lack of exchange
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
So is this project now dead? The website seems to be down and no exchanges trading amymore. Huh
Activity: 7
hello...can someone please point me to a working Qora wallet with working peers?  I have an old windows wallet...but I'm about to update my old system.  Any help would be really appreciated.  Thanks...

https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases
Pages:
Jump to: