Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 165. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 106
But its only 30k=16mln, nothing to worry about. Walllstreet makes/steals 16bln in profits :/
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
What's your take on the 51% situation with GHash.io. Do you think it will harm us?

No.

Nothing will harm Bitcoin. The short term events may provide better entry prices (like the auction). I just can't make myself worried about the 51%.

It doesn't worry you that one of the core developers just sold half his bitcoin stake because of this issue? 
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/281ftd/why_i_just_sold_50_of_my_bitcoins_ghashio/

It worries me.  I can't quite see what exactly he expects to happen.  Unless GHash.io is run by someone who only cares about destroying bitcoin, it seems very unlikely that they will attack it.  Still, just the fact that they can, means they control the fate of bitcoin, which is extremely bad, to say the least.

I'm not selling yet, but I am convinced that bitcoin's POW scheme is just fundamentally flawed and that ultimately it will not survive.  Bitcoin itself may carry on with a better scheme though.

Ghash.io 51% mining control could only be useful for double spending. That's all.
So don't sell your BTCs because of this FUD.

And don't make transactions people!!!! lololol
Activity: 263
Merit: 280
What's your take on the 51% situation with GHash.io. Do you think it will harm us?

No.

Nothing will harm Bitcoin. The short term events may provide better entry prices (like the auction). I just can't make myself worried about the 51%.

It doesn't worry you that one of the core developers just sold half his bitcoin stake because of this issue? 
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/281ftd/why_i_just_sold_50_of_my_bitcoins_ghashio/

It worries me.  I can't quite see what exactly he expects to happen.  Unless GHash.io is run by someone who only cares about destroying bitcoin, it seems very unlikely that they will attack it.  Still, just the fact that they can, means they control the fate of bitcoin, which is extremely bad, to say the least.

I'm not selling yet, but I am convinced that bitcoin's POW scheme is just fundamentally flawed and that ultimately it will not survive.  Bitcoin itself may carry on with a better scheme though.

Ghash.io 51% mining control could only be useful for double spending. That's all.
So don't sell your BTCs because of this FUD.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100

No.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!

So are they also selling seized drugs?  
Yes,  probably at SR3 ;-)
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
So are they also selling seized drugs?  

Yes, they are putting on the block all the drugs that were sitting on the SR servers.
Activity: 43
There's probably some law that force them to sell any confiscated goods. Just like they sell other stuff, they have to sell Bitcoin too, I guess.

So are they also selling seized drugs?  Roll Eyes

I don't know about them selling seize drugs.  The Gov't sells their own illegal cocaine to children, and they do not want competition cutting into their profits.  Please read http://www.infowars.com/drug-war-hypocrisy-drug-traffickings-big-money-benefits-big-brother-and-corrupt-banksters/ it is solid factual reporting.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
@Rpietila: did you see that the mtgox coins moved this week too ? and prior to the SR coins and the alleged SR owner coins. Is it a coincidence or should we deduce that the mtgox coins are the hand of the USG? Personally I think it reinforce you 3 letters agency theory.

Either Mark had insider information about the future auction and utilized this knowledge to make it look like the coins were in the hands of the USG. Either the USG doesnt know understand the blockchain yet or doesnt care about it and just tipped its hand!

I love that stuff Cheesy

Also, talking about investment opportunities, have you seen that ? http://trilema.com/2014/introducing-the-d-series/

Mircea Popescu through MPEx makes it possible to invest on the companies the VC firms invest in ! And at a discount ! This is genius work on so many levels. Before, I thought the people who had access to companies such as bitpay were lucky. Now I am not so sure about it as I realized it would be a bet against bitcoin. Anyone here is interested in taking that kind of bet?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

Bottom price estimate ?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
that auction is intended for US citizens only, obviously.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
i think it depends on the method of how the sr coins get sold.

Explained here:
http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/

Crony auction at its best. Too short notice for anyone with BTC to attend. Until next monday I am supposed to have created a bank account in the U.S., and have transferred 100% of my anticipated total bid amount into it in USD, the proceed of the bitcoin sales that I have made in the space of this few hours/days?

Sorry. This is going to achieve exactly what was intended. Almost no bids, and the ones rock-bottom. Bad publicity, resulting panic selling. Bitcoins of the people going to the hands of banksters cheaply. But really - what else did you expect?   Roll Eyes

That is an interesting take and I gave the sale little thought. But why would the government do the auction so quick? Would they want to receive top dollar?
As usual, seems like they are up to no good.

It will be interesting to see the results of the auction and if they give up who the buyers are, which I doubt. I'm sure other government agencies will be hiding behind fictitious names here...

Regarding the price action yesterday and today. The move down had huge volume and the bounce up seems to be light. I'm afraid this is just a bounce.
That said, I think big money does not let this sink (for any lengthy time anyway) below 550 ish. Flash crashes are very hard to enter on, and I think
that will be the low points. I highly doubt we see lengthy sideways action down low. Big money probably going to protect it's investment.
Activity: 8
There's probably some law that force them to sell any confiscated goods. Just like they sell other stuff, they have to sell Bitcoin too, I guess.

So are they also selling seized drugs?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

all you 51 percent fudsters check this out - Andreas on the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTPQKyAq-DM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Yes, it will kill bitcoin pretty fast, no one want GHash Coin
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

No.

Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
i think it depends on the method of how the sr coins get sold.

Explained here:
http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/

Crony auction at its best. Too short notice for anyone with BTC to attend. Until next monday I am supposed to have created a bank account in the U.S., and have transferred 100% of my anticipated total bid amount into it in USD, the proceed of the bitcoin sales that I have made in the space of this few hours/days?

Sorry. This is going to achieve exactly what was intended. Almost no bids, and the ones rock-bottom. Bad publicity, resulting panic selling. Bitcoins of the people going to the hands of banksters cheaply. But really - what else did you expect?   Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Won't be long before they're paying Lockheed Martin in bitcoin, just you wait ...

They will have to buy them on the market first.

When the U.S. goes bankrupt, they are going to regret having sold enough bitcoin to pay off the national debt, for a present value similar to filling up one SR-71's fuel tank.

They'd just be like: "fuck it, let's take those 144k from Ulbricht already".
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
usually someone should pop up with a graph and a TA now, what happened?  Grin

Everybody busy buying.
Activity: 798
Who's there?
if the pigs and sheep are still so easily swayed by FUD even when price/btc is at say $10k or even $40k, will bitcoin ever really be less volatile?
Dollar and yen is less volatile. Why? Either forex pigs&sheeps are different from bitcoin ones, or size does matter.
Jump to: