Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 169. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
...Also the number of transactions/day are still worrying but I guess it's likely they will follow when/if prices start climbing fast

Worrying compared to what?

Number of transactions excluding popular addresses is ~3x what it was this time last year.

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-excluding-popular?showDataPoints=false×pan=1year&show_header=true&daysAverageString=7&scale=1&address=
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
So if nearly everyone is expecting the same thing (another blow off top within 2 months) does this mean you are all going to be buying like crazy soon or are you expecting new buyers to enter in mass soon? Feels kind of odd. Also the number of transactions/day are still worrying but I guess it's likely they will follow when/if prices start climbing fast

It is very possible that we are more like at Jan 15, 2012 at this point.  In other words, we've recovered from the oversold condition but will be basically flat (slowly creeping up) for another year -- probably until there's another minor meltdown in the traditional banking sector.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
So if nearly everyone is expecting the same thing

you should understand that this forum != everyone. the wider definition of "everyone" is yet undecided, they usually jump in during the rally and until the very top when media coverage is peaking. people here, mostly, are already all-in.

Completely agree. Media coverage is near 0 at the moment : http://www.google.fr/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&cmpt=q
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
So if nearly everyone is expecting the same thing

you should understand that this forum != everyone. the wider definition of "everyone" is yet undecided, they usually jump in during the rally and until the very top when media coverage is peaking. people here, mostly, are already all-in.
Activity: 665
Merit: 500
So if nearly everyone is expecting the same thing (another blow off top within 2 months) does this mean you are all going to be buying like crazy soon or are you expecting new buyers to enter in mass soon? Feels kind of odd. Also the number of transactions/day are still worrying but I guess it's likely they will follow when/if prices start climbing fast
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

After that, we could see a short rally above 1000 USD followed by a small crash towards 950 USD or something (just below 1000 USD). (compare to the rally 130 -> 206 and crash towards 156 USD).
After that crash, we are ready to rally again towards 3000, 4000, 5000 who knows?  Grin

206 to 156 is 25% not 5%

I think we are at this step right now, last of weak hands are gonna sell soon, we dip below 500, then off too 2000-2500.

206 to 156 is indeed more than 5%
But liquidity increased also.

Possible scenario will be rally towards 1050 and down to 900-950. It's really hard to predict the level a rally/dump will reach, but it's almost certain we won't go straight up towards 1200 USD starting tomorrow Wink

Thanks for posting that! Saying something is "almost certain" in Bitcoin is one way to cause the opposite to happen. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
I think we need to compare the current price range (640-660) with the 95 USD range back then. We will probably see a new rally with a conslidation around 800 USD (which will compare to the 120-130 USD in september).
After that, we could see a short rally above 1000 USD followed by a small crash towards 950 USD or something (just below 1000 USD). (compare to the rally 130 -> 206 and crash towards 156 USD).
After that crash, we are ready to rally again towards 3000, 4000, 5000 who knows?  Grin

This is exactly what I am expecting.

So far none of my expectations came true  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!

206 to 156 is 25% not 5%

I think we are at this step right now, last of weak hands are gonna sell soon, we dip below 500, then off too 2000-2500.

206 to 156 is indeed more than 5%
But liquidity increased also.

Possible scenario will be rally towards 1050 and down to 900-950. It's really hard to predict the level a rally/dump will reach, but it's almost certain we won't go straight up towards 1200 USD starting tomorrow Wink
legendary
I am expecting at least 3000 USD: my log trenline gives this exchange rate at the end of the year. I would be surprised if we stay below the trendline during 2014 for the whole time.

edit: off course, the trendline changes with new data, but i doubt it goes down that much...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

206 to 156 is 25% not 5%

And that is a very conservative estimate. 0.4 units above the log trendline, as was the case during the last bubbles, would put us at least at 4000 right now, maybe more like 5000.
But of course, every bubble is different. Still, 2000-2500 feels pretty low.
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

206 to 156 is 25% not 5%

It looks like history does like to repeat itself again.
Feels a lot like September 2013. Back then, we had a stable 120 for 5-6 weeks and then lift-off.

It could very well be, that we'll have the same at 650. Stable for another 4 weeks, and then lift-off towards new highs.
Ok, we'd be a bit too late for the ATH, a month or so, but then again the deflation of this bubble took longer, which explains the delay.

I think the breakout will come suddenly and violently, none expecting it, same as last year. Then we'll move pretty fast upwards, 2 months later being at the 4-6$/mBTC range.

I think we need to compare the current price range (640-660) with the 95 USD range back then. We will probably see a new rally with a conslidation around 800 USD (which will compare to the 120-130 USD in september).

A consolidation at 800 sure would be nice. The higher the launchpad, the higher the rocket will go Smiley
Your prediction makes also sense. It will be interesting either way  Wink
legendary
Feels a lot like September 2013. Back then, we had a stable 120 for 5-6 weeks and then lift-off.

It could very well be, that we'll have the same at 650. Stable for another 4 weeks, and then lift-off towards new highs.
Ok, we'd be a bit too late for the ATH, a month or so, but then again the deflation of this bubble took longer, which explains the delay.

I think the breakout will come suddenly and violently, none expecting it, same as last year. Then we'll move pretty fast upwards, 2 months later being at the 4-6$/mBTC range.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
how does this all MtGox scam affect the trendline and price predictions?

News do not immediately affect a long-term trend line. Eventually their effect, if any, gets absorbed into the trend line, which may be periodically recalculated for better fit (i.e. higher correlation coefficient).
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
How Bots Manipulated The Price Of Bitcoin Through "Massive Fraudulent Trading Activity" At MtGox
http://www.zerohedge.com/node/488930

quick post a story from 26th May, no one will notice.

Did you hear mt gox actually collapsed?

By the way we reached an all time high of 266 a while ago
Activity: 703
Merit: 502
How Bots Manipulated The Price Of Bitcoin Through "Massive Fraudulent Trading Activity" At MtGox

quick post a story from 26th May, no one will notice.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Risto, how does this all MtGox scam affect the trendline and price predictions?

Activity: 707
Merit: 500
CEO of Ebay says : " at PayPal, we’re going to have to integrate digital currencies into our wallet"

I think that's a pretty bullish comment.

and then have e-bay coin or something.. would be great if it was bitcoin.. and honestly speaking.. do you see a better alternative out there??

Why would ebay want to launch a new P2P blockchain ? I don't see how it could make sense for them.

Nah, you're right, neither do i! haha.. i was being cynical i guess.
They would need to use and already established crypto.. it doesn't imply that this will 100% be bitcoin, but it is THE most already established one out there.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 5269
CEO of Ebay says : " at PayPal, we’re going to have to integrate digital currencies into our wallet"

I think that's a pretty bullish comment.

and then have e-bay coin or something.. would be great if it was bitcoin.. and honestly speaking.. do you see a better alternative out there??

Why would ebay want to launch a new P2P blockchain ? I don't see how it could make sense for them.

Yeah, this.  Also, why would the CEO say that he actually owns bitcoin, but then only integrate something else into PayPal?  Wouldn't make sense.
Jump to: