Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 173. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team

Ecuador agreed to transfer more than half its gold reserves to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. for three years as the government seeks to bolster liquidity.

The central bank said it will send 466,000 ounces of gold to Goldman Sachs, worth about $580 million at current prices, and get the same amount back three years from now.

Wow.  They really haven't been paying attention very much have they.

Ecuador:  Let me help you.  You're never getting that gold back.

I don't think ecuador has a lot of choice, the deal is probably done by some kind of blackmail or threat

Yeah, probably.  But they have to find some way to get Germany's gold back.

This situation with the German gold illustrates the massive advantage Bitcoin has over precious metals. It is way easier to take delivery of Bitcoin than of gold silver etc. When things get tough this can be critical.

My personal experience lies in comparing my dealings with both e-gold and MtGox. In both cases I got out with no loss of funds before the collapse. The difference is how I managed to get out. In the case of e-gold I had to convert my gold into CAD and take delivery of the CAD. In the case of MTGox I had to convert my CAD to BTC and take delivery of my BTC. In both cases I ended up keeping the "delivered" form of money, CAD for e-gold, BTC for MTGox.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
You seem to imply that corporate profit margins are low while they are at the highest level in history, which is the other side of the huge government and household deficits. Merchants can keep revenues and lower wages because the rest of the economy is taking money from the future.

The higher corporate profits, the less functional the economy. In a frictionless economy, the corporate profits would be in rapid tending towards zero. What we currently see is the opposite. The guardians of liberty have failed big time.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
reading the btce chart looks like we testing $620 then $600
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
Monetary base is expanded but liquidity is siphoned out from the masses. So there is money inflation at the top and deflation of  income at the bottom. This prevents prices in retail from skyrocketing as people can't really spend and merchants have to keep prices low - despite inadequate profit margins.

You seem to imply that corporate profit margins are low while they are at the highest level in history, which is the other side of the huge government and household deficits. Merchants can keep revenues and lower wages because the rest of the economy is taking money from the future.

For further reading: http://www.hussmanfunds.com/wmc/wmc130311.htm
Activity: 248
Merit: 252

No, we are going to break out of it...
Upside... Cheesy

That's what happened last time:

Activity: 155
Merit: 100
über bullish case for bitcoin: Will we stay in this range?

Bitstamp 3d chart:

No, we are going to break out of it...
Upside... Cheesy
Activity: 378
Merit: 255

Ecuador agreed to transfer more than half its gold reserves to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. for three years as the government seeks to bolster liquidity.

The central bank said it will send 466,000 ounces of gold to Goldman Sachs, worth about $580 million at current prices, and get the same amount back three years from now.

I don't think ecuador has a lot of choice, the deal is probably done by some kind of blackmail or threat

Yeah, probably.  But they have to find some way to get Germany's gold back.
Activity: 503
Merit: 501
For some sexy chart animation, click the forward arrow at this link: https://www.tradingview.com/v/vdW6XF5v/

My projection is a rest @ 700-730, which is near the base before breakdown in January 2014.
legendary
Activity: 1106

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
über bullish case for bitcoin: Will we stay in this range?

Bitstamp 3d chart:
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Hi all..

Thank you rpietila for tha high quality TA.. very appreciated.

Im very bullish but not as bullish as 300k/btc..

When does rpietila think it will hit $300K?

Last year, ha ha.  He predicted it by the end of 2013.  I think he was a little bit overexcited then.

Interesting...prof Bitcorn-$10, Risto P. (during superexponential stage)-$300000.
If you take log10 of these numbers, then it is 1 and 5.447 and average of these two outliers on a log scale is 3.23856, which comes up to $1732 if you revert back from the log scale.
so, my prediction for year end=$1732.

Hi all..

Thank you rpietila for tha high quality TA.. very appreciated.

Im very bullish but not as bullish as 300k/btc..

When does rpietila think it will hit $300K?

Last year, ha ha.  He predicted it by the end of 2013.  I think he was a little bit overexcited then.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
There'll be no hyperinflation unless some cataclysmic event or financial war begins.

Monetary base is expanded but liquidity is siphoned out from the masses. So there is money inflation at the top and deflation of  income at the bottom. This prevents prices in retail from skyrocketing as people can't really spend and merchants have to keep prices low - despite inadequate profit margins.

The whole situation also disallows people to buy bitcoins, silver, gold etc - in a large scale, things that would make the value of these assets skyrocket. Instead, lack of liquidity forces people to sell their bitcoins, gold etc.
legendary
Activity: 1106

Currently, I suppose that the mining reward is mostly spent on new mining equipment and power. The equipment manufacturers may accept bitcoin payments. So a portion of the mining reward may stay in bitcoin and not be exchanged for fiat.  In the summer of 2016 the block creation reward is scheduled to again halve to 12.6 bitcoins per mined block. My logistic model has a trend price of about $840,000 for July 1, 2017. So three years from now, 1800 daily block creation reward bitcoins would have a fiat value of $151 million. Even if converted entirely into fiat, I think that figure is achievable by worldwide investment.

A price of above $840,000 by July 1 2017 is one of the most optimistic predictions I have seen. In percentage terms, how likely do you think it is that that will happen?

If we get to $269,000 by July 1, 2016 then I would say 50%. Otherwise who knows. The Metcalfe's Law model is compelling.

If bitcoin is ever going to $300k, i will be selling 10% for sure  Smiley.

Not when a loaf of bread will cost you 50k.
Unless you're dying of hunger

If loaf of bread will be 50K, bitcoin would be 8000K minimal or more likely 800 mil

i think hyperinflation would indeed skyrocket the price of bitcoin, as people will be much quicker to realize bitcoin can save them from hyperinflation very effectively
legendary

Currently, I suppose that the mining reward is mostly spent on new mining equipment and power. The equipment manufacturers may accept bitcoin payments. So a portion of the mining reward may stay in bitcoin and not be exchanged for fiat.  In the summer of 2016 the block creation reward is scheduled to again halve to 12.6 bitcoins per mined block. My logistic model has a trend price of about $840,000 for July 1, 2017. So three years from now, 1800 daily block creation reward bitcoins would have a fiat value of $151 million. Even if converted entirely into fiat, I think that figure is achievable by worldwide investment.

A price of above $840,000 by July 1 2017 is one of the most optimistic predictions I have seen. In percentage terms, how likely do you think it is that that will happen?

If we get to $269,000 by July 1, 2016 then I would say 50%. Otherwise who knows. The Metcalfe's Law model is compelling.

If loaf of bread will be 50K, bitcoin would be 8000K minimal or more likely 800 mil
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist

legendary

legendary
Activity: 981
No maps for these territories
A small correction had to be. Actually I'm impressed that it only dropped to the first Fibo support level. It indeed looks like further
retracement will be met with fierce bullishness.
I think we'll hold that support at 620-630 and go sideways a bit, then the climb towards 700+ will be resumed.

Interesting how it matches with some predictions aiming for a price stall around 650 before the real rally begins. Im quite newbie regarding fibo levels, but very interested to learn how to project it. What data are you using to trace the fibos? The november ATH and the 2 aprils dip?

If someone can link a minitutorial to draw the fibos, lets say in bitcoinwisdom, will be much appreciated  Smiley

Jump to: