Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 216. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
a few days ago I thought going down to 200 would be awful but when I think about it just gives us the opportunity to stock up on more coins Smiley
if it happens, I don't think it'll happen that fast unfortunately.
Activity: 235
I was promised da moon

My trendline says we break out around $200 in October.

So now with these two so different predictions - yours $200 and $4900 from rpietila we can use rpietila's logarithmic average method to assess which one was better.

That's not TERA's real prediction. He just likes to be the contrarian in every thread. If rpietila had said we were going to be at $200 in October, TERA would have posted a bullish chart. Once you learn the personalities of posters in this forum, you'll see what is really being said. Wink

So he would have been TERA-bull?

Anyway, bad puns aside, according to my feeble attempt at drawing on this:

We would now expect to gradually uptrend at the same rate as the trendline for the next 2-3 months before the rocket takes off, starting at about $1000.

I think the rocket launch is going to be postponed. For a rocket launch in the timeframe you give, the ride would be too steep (Your line even leans to the left side, which is impossible Wink ) As much as I'd like this scenario, I will be content with a postponed rocket launch, even when it starts only in autumn (as Mr. Pietilä once stated) or even in 2015. And I don't care if it goes down TERA-like to 200. As long as this damn thing launches. Cheesy
I sure wish your graph is correct  Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 255

So now with these two so different predictions - yours $200 and $4900 from rpietila we can use rpietila's logarithmic average method to assess which one was better.

That's not TERA's real prediction. He just likes to be the contrarian in every thread. If rpietila had said we were going to be at $200 in October, TERA would have posted a bullish chart. Once you learn the personalities of posters in this forum, you'll see what is really being said. Wink

So he would have been TERA-bull?

Anyway, bad puns aside, according to my feeble attempt at drawing on this:

We would now expect to gradually uptrend at the same rate as the trendline for the next 2-3 months before the rocket takes off, starting at about $1000.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Following the logic depicted on this chart, we should have taken support and fallen to less than 50 USD before the last bull run to 1200 USD.
We didn't.
If you have been waiting that we hit that support line you show, well, you are still waiting...

We didn't? We toched $50 twice: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg60zig15-minzczsg2013-04-10zeg2013-04-13ztgSzm1g10zm2g25
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
My trendline says 4900.

Terve Risto (Hello Risto in finnish),

Being so good on price speculation, off topic,
what's spot bid for gold 31.12.2014? Or am fix?

Smiley
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Following the logic depicted on this chart, we should have taken support and fallen to less than 50 USD before the last bull run to 1200 USD.
We didn't.
If you have been waiting that we hit that support line you show, well, you are still waiting...
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

LOL, thx for explanation. But I assume at least rpietila is being serious, will be interesting to revisit it in October'2014.

Risto is serious his trend line indicates this. Predicting what the actual price will be is something no-one can do accurately.
Activity: 336

LOL, thx for explanation. But I assume at least rpietila is being serious, will be interesting to revisit it in October'2014.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Activity: 336

My trendline says 4900.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: 378
Merit: 255
Does Bitcoin Debitcard change the TA?

Yeah, but did you see that site (xapo.com)?  Looks really shady to me with all the "Get Free Satoshis" and constant attempts to hijack your social media.

I signed up for a free wallet account, but I don't think I'll use their card with the site looking like that.

Also, I had massive problems getting to certain portions of the site.

All in all, a no-go for me.

Just FYI (since we were discussing it in this thread):

I told Coinbase about Xapo's debit card and they responded to me:

Quote from: Coinbase
It's definitely not a bad idea, and we've got some exciting things coming down the pipeline. You're not the first person to request this. I can't go into detail, but stay tuned. Hopefully we'll be able to offer a solution sooner rather than later.

Sounds promising, since Coinbase just seems about 100x more professional than Xapo.
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
@ slipperyslope

what charting site did you use to create that ?

Yes, It is a Google spreadsheet in their cloud. Anyone can read or copy it for their own modifications. Most every evening I get the Bitstamp closing price from Bitcoin Charts and post in the Calculations sheet. The three graphs get automatically updated. Risto inspired all that you see there.

That would be great. You have a link?

thanks

So sorry . . . https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c
Activity: 544
@ slipperyslope

Yes, It is a Google spreadsheet in their cloud. Anyone can read or copy it for their own modifications. Most every evening I get the Bitstamp closing price from Bitcoin Charts and post in the Calculations sheet. The three graphs get automatically updated. Risto inspired all that you see there.

That would be great. You have a link?

thanks
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
@ slipperyslope

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c
Activity: 763
I'm not him/her, but my guess is google drive spreadsheet + the visualization-plot for timeseries
Activity: 544
@ slipperyslope

Jump to: