Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 217. (Read 907212 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
My trendline says 4900.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Just make sure you always buy low and sell high, we absolutely need more such people because the current volatility is so high (and buying low, selling high reduces it!)

I still don't get the sell high part and end hodling all the time, so please use a megaphone here with 48pt red font when it's sell time.

yes please.

I, for one, will make such a observation, it could be too low though, as was the case for the November 2013 peak. I will be combining a measure of super-exponential growth, namely days to double the price, plus a new measure of distance from the average trend line in a manner similar to rpietila.

I plan to sell via a spread of orders, about 30-40% of my stake, when and if the below graph indicates a value of +0.4, with buy-back orders placed 50% or so lower depending on the exchange's depth charts. If enough traders did this then the bubble would be lessened or have a stronger sawtooth pattern on the way up, as traders easily learn from patterns. With bitcoin, many new traders do not have the experience we do, and so the next bubble may be similar in shape to the preceding two . . .

What would be the price of BTC if we are at +0.4 around mid July ?
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Just make sure you always buy low and sell high, we absolutely need more such people because the current volatility is so high (and buying low, selling high reduces it!)

I still don't get the sell high part and end hodling all the time, so please use a megaphone here with 48pt red font when it's sell time.

Risto warned to sell when we were at 1200 USD.
It does not necessarily mean to sell everything, and only means to sell if you are inclined to trading (speculation).
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed

yes please.

I, for one, will make such a observation, it could be too low though, as was the case for the November 2013 peak. I will be combining a measure of super-exponential growth, namely days to double the price, plus a new measure of distance from the average trend line in a manner similar to rpietila.

I plan to sell via a spread of orders, about 30-40% of my stake, when and if the below graph indicates a value of +0.4, with buy-back orders placed 50% or so lower depending on the exchange's depth charts. If enough traders did this then the bubble would be lessened or have a stronger sawtooth pattern on the way up, as traders easily learn from patterns. With bitcoin, many new traders do not have the experience we do, and so the next bubble may be similar in shape to the preceding two . . .

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

yes please.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Firstly,

Thank you, Risto, for deep insights and knowledge. Which I've been following since my first encounter and BTC purchase on 2013.10. I'm collecting and buying BTC since.

I do not have economical/trading education/experience, but have an opinion:

For me, It seems that China is hoarding BTC like they hoard physical Gold. And they are clearly manipulating the price since positive news from US in November. I think this speculation is part of political thing, to say one and do the opposite. Of course for a cause to establish strong national position in BTC as well as gold and get even more near on leading world economy and reserve currency (RMB) status.

On fiatleak.com trade in China is huge. It would be really interesting to see actual percentage of China BTC holders Vs. other countries. If this is be technically possible.

As these moves won't last so long, upcoming few weeks will be great time to buy more BTC for this year.

we absolutely need more such people because the current volatility is so high (and buying low, selling high reduces it!)

I feel that all BTC community should be thinking more about supporting self-made (pref. social) marketing efforts Like Bitcoinbigfoot. Every invested Satoshi in this kind of institution would bring even more significant value to BTC community. I believe that movie ,,the Rise and Rise of Bitcoin'' could spread the adoption further down the road for masses, but I'm seriously afraid that Hollywood hill families holding lots of wealth in their hands won't let it happen so soon.

We are still in innovator-early adopter stage with BTC. We firstly need to educate other people about and encourage to experience BTC transaction..

Stephen Reed
Here is the latest Huobi chart at 3-day resolution to show more clearly the short-term trend reversal at the long term resistance trend line. The trendline perhaps did not predict the reversal but perhaps was a landmark so to speak for traders who routinely draw such trends on the own charts.

Clearly Huobi is leading Bitstamp lower.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
And of course the chinese FUD was perfectly, absolutely perfectly time-matched to the spot where the resistance line would have been crossed.
Of course, just to be on the safe side that it will really bounce off the resistance.
Some people really know how to manipulate a market  Grin

They would not do it if they did not believe that it will go vastly higher, so...  Wink Just make sure you always buy low and sell high, we absolutely need more such people because the current volatility is so high (and buying low, selling high reduces it!)

Exactly my thoughts, Rpietila  Smiley
It really felt like they were thinking: "Oh damn, this is getting out of hand, resistance will be easily overcome, we need to quickly come up with another FUD!"
I was lucky to buy in the high 300's during the last dip. I saw the chance, immediately transferred two salary months worth of euros to bitstamp, and was unfortunately
one day too late, but I still could buy in the high 300's/low 400's.

But of course I had to learn this lesson of buying the dips through numerous fails when I was a noob one year ago (and still am noobish on occasions).

I'm trying my best to reduce volatility, but I fear I'm too small a fish to make any difference, hehe  Smiley (This hopefully will gradually change in the coming years to some degree).

I intend to continue buying the dips in the coming years, every single time I can spare money Wink

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
And of course the chinese FUD was perfectly, absolutely perfectly time-matched to the spot where the resistance line would have been crossed.
Of course, just to be on the safe side that it will really bounce off the resistance.

They would not do it if they did not believe that it will go vastly higher, so...  Wink Just make sure you always buy low and sell high, we absolutely need more such people because the current volatility is so high (and buying low, selling high reduces it!)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Here is the Huobi chart at 30-minute resolution. The resistance trend line is one I drew days ago - which extends back to the November 2013 peak. Note the trend reversal immediately after the Bitstamp-led rally of the preceding hours failed to punch through the trendline that any trader could draw. I suppose that technical traders, and perhaps algorithmic bots were triggered then to squeeze other traders who had long margin positions.

I will be visiting my local Robocoin ATM to get some more coin in the morning.

Stephen Reed
Here is the Huobi chart at 30-minute resolution. The resistance trend line is one I drew days ago - which extends back to the November 2013 peak. Note the trend reversal immediately after the Bitstamp-led rally of the preceding hours failed to punch through the trendline that any trader could draw. I suppose that technical traders, and perhaps algorithmic bots were triggered then to squeeze other traders who had long margin positions.

I will be visiting my local Robocoin ATM to get some more coin in the morning.

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Oh, China...

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Pretty decent sized sell off going on at all exchanges right now... especially OKcoin which has sold off almost 3,000,000 LTC in last 2 hours!
Stephen Reed
The volume in Bitstamp is absolutely anemic. I remember it took a week for me to purchase my initial lot of coins in 2011. It would now similarly take a week to acquire a corresponding position. Either there is nobody in the world in the process of doing it (!) or they are using other methods. Granted, buying a large number of bitcoins takes more cash now than in 2011, and therefore the buyers may be different class of people mainly...

I read somewhere the plausible rumor that whale buyers, e.g. Second Market, solicit from BitPay and Coinbase, because many bitcoin accepting merchants trade bitcoin for fiat as they receive it.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Does Bitcoin Debitcard change the TA?

Yeah, but did you see that site (xapo.com)?  Looks really shady to me with all the "Get Free Satoshis" and constant attempts to hijack your social media.

I signed up for a free wallet account, but I don't think I'll use their card with the site looking like that.

Also, I had massive problems getting to certain portions of the site.

All in all, a no-go for me.

I don't see any free satoshis stuff but i don't have an account and pop-up blocker(no idea if that has to do with it). They got 20m$ funding though. It doesn't cost so much to try them, guess just 0.1 BTC will do the trick.

But what I am talking about is this:

http://imgur.com/DZFENAt

And actually, they give you money for signing up (about 2 cents or 5,000 SATOSHIS!).

Also, a couple pages (including the verification link) didn't work in Chrome at all.  I had to use IE.

I see no problem in inviting users to earn some free money and then spend it online with the card.
Activity: 378
Merit: 255

Yeah, but did you see that site (xapo.com)?  Looks really shady to me with all the "Get Free Satoshis" and constant attempts to hijack your social media.

I signed up for a free wallet account, but I don't think I'll use their card with the site looking like that.

I don't see any free satoshis stuff but i don't have an account and pop-up blocker(no idea if that has to do with it). They got 20m$ funding though. It doesn't cost so much to try them, guess just 0.1 BTC will do the trick.

But what I am talking about is this:

http://imgur.com/DZFENAt

And actually, they give you money for signing up (about 2 cents or 5,000 SATOSHIS!).

Also, a couple pages (including the verification link) didn't work in Chrome at all.  I had to use IE.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

Hm. I feel like we are looking a two totally different websites. I see no mention of "Get Free Satoshis" on any of their pages, a totally professional and minimalist site design, and no hijacking or popups of any kind. I also know these dudes are legit, so I'm worried that your PC might be compromised.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

Jump to: