Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 303. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I noticed that bitfinex was the one exchange that didn't participate in that 'joint statement of bitcoin exchanges after mtgox'

BTC-e did not too.

Both those exchanges have allowed early confirmation of BTC transactions.

Both these sites had the 100 USD Bitcoin hack. I say hack cos plenty people never got their orders filled.

Both these sites have most likely been robbed.

Both these sites are running a fractional reserve Bitcoin operation.

That is what I reckon anyways.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I noticed that bitfinex was the one exchange that didn't participate in that 'joint statement of bitcoin exchanges after mtgox'

BTC-e did not too.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I hate to think that we could sit at around 630 for about a month, and false break-outs either side eating away at your funds. nope. no more trading for me.
You might appreciate this chart then:

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
I hate to think that we could sit at around 630 for about a month, and false break-outs either side eating away at your funds. nope. no more trading for me.
legendary
got out of my shorts this morning at 627. the support has lasted too long.... and now the bulls are testing.

I still have a small portion of my long open from 3/10 that didn't stop out. I'm trying to close it in the 650s if I can. The last breach of 660 looked primed for takeoff; it was a false breakout and we declined. This will be the third attempt at cracking this resistance if we can get there. There were some short term bullish divergences after we broke down through 630, but I see a lot of resistance here, and won't be chasing price.

BFX longs are also at > 3:1 to shorts currently (based on price of 640), with ~ 16 million USD swapped, which is always good to keep in mind if we fail to breach this upside resistance.

I am thinking mid-term (1-2 months) bullish but I think we see some downside movement first. This move from 400 has not been characteristic of an impulsive one that would indicate to me the start of a new up trend. But the February down trend was much more predictable, so while I was fully leveraged short on several occasions then, I will not be now. Light and tight -- if at all. We are near the end of this bear market I think, but with sentiment so uber bullish (I don't know what rpietila was talking about with that one) despite a very congested and stagnated move upwards, I don't think we have seen the end of it.

I also think we haven't seen the end of it, we should test 550 again, but the chart is behaving strange to me. Every trade I took before the 400 low came at my command, but now the market is just wondering around and is not responding very accurately.
Im not prepared to sit out a strategy so robust as yours, I want a quick trade to reduce exchange risk and sovereign risk. I was lucky to get back on the train at 560 a few weeks ago, and it went straight to 690. Im not a news trader but BTC is vulnerable to good news at the moment such as the opening of exchanges in America.
Im just gonna hold some LTC until the 19th and hope those chines shell out for a few.
What if resistance is logarithmic?

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

BFX longs are also at > 3:1 to shorts currently (based on price of 640), with ~ 16 million USD swapped, which is always good to keep in mind if we fail to breach this upside resistance.

It's not clear what proportion of that 16 million was used for BTC rather than LTC longs.  It seems like there is still potential for a short squeeze.  In terms of USD, total BTC swap sum is close to the amount held prior to the March 3 breakout of the February downtrend.  We are steadily approaching the December downtrend, and similar large uptick could occur on breakout fueled by shorts covering and panic buying.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/ktr73ysx/
Activity: 518
Merit: 521
You can think of dividing the bitcoin adopters to segments like this:

2009 - 100
2010 - 1,000
2011 - 10,000
2012 - 100,000
2013 - 1,000,000
2014 - 10,000,000
2015 - 100,000,000
2016 - 1,000,000,000.

It is a very rough classification but approximately correct. The top of the pyramid has quite good understanding of Bitcoin, the bottom not only doesn't have it but is quite unprepared to understand it deeply even if explained.

The press articles cater to this "2016 segment" that does not have bitcoins and will not have them this or the next year. This information is mostly factually incorrect and very shallow. Because the press articles are read by the general public, they cannot be targeted to 0.1-1% of the population. They have to be poor as shit Smiley

I am thus questioning your premise that 1 billion people can adopt Bitcoin by end of 2016:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5716065

I think that is utter fantasy. No way that will happen. Absolutely 0.

They would only move in if they are investors, because there is no currency reason for the masses to adopt Bitcoin any time soon.

Thus I conclude Bitcoin will crash in 2014 or 2015. It can't reach 100 million.
Wow so much drama over 2311 BTC volume.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Attempting to break 1 month resistance downtrendtrend now.  All-time resistance downtrend would break if it continued through 662.  The upper limit of the current uptrending channel would be breached at roughly 684.

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
got out of my shorts this morning at 627. the support has lasted too long.... and now the bulls are testing.

I still have a small portion of my long open from 3/10 that didn't stop out. I'm trying to close it in the 650s if I can. The last breach of 660 looked primed for takeoff; it was a false breakout and we declined. This will be the third attempt at cracking this resistance if we can get there. There were some short term bullish divergences after we broke down through 630, but I see a lot of resistance here, and won't be chasing price.

I am thinking mid-term (1-2 months) bullish but I think we see some downside movement first. This move from 400 has not been characteristic of an impulsive one that would indicate to me the start of a new up trend. But the February down trend was much more predictable, so while I was fully leveraged short on several occasions then, I will not be now. Light and tight -- if at all. We are near the end of this bear market I think, but with sentiment so uber bullish (I don't know what rpietila was talking about with that one) despite a very congested and stagnated move upwards, I don't think we have seen the end of it.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
how come the first graph already shows data from March 2015 Huh

7d as in LAST SEVEN DAYS shows data for March 9th, 2014 to March 15th, 2014 right now.

Are you even trying? Do you even lift?

You may want to consider alternatives to investing in anything yourself..  such as perhaps giving power of attorney to someone else. Your waifu, perhaps?

Lol at use of waifu.

Thing is he was right.  Your chart goes to march 2015.  Its a "taipofu".
Activity: 270
Merit: 250

how come the first graph already shows data from March 2015 Huh

edit: sorry oyvind - your Mar 15 is 15.Mar, got it now.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968
BitStamp bid/ask

Whole bid volume ----------- Ratio -----------Whole ask volume

13,066,973.06 USD -----------1 : 1.39 --------  18,140,896.99 USD
114,048.93 BTC ------------1 : 0.17 as BTC -----19,282.22 BTC

As someone pointed out: last week the bid sum stood at 20M... Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Is it worth the risk of holding fiat on exchanges for an entire month or two to possibly increase coins by 5-30%?

Depends on the exchange.  BTC-E?  No way.  Lowest risk is probably coinbase.com (not an exchange per se but usable as one for slow swing trades) or kraken.com.

BFX is an interesting case, because you can use much fewer coins to achieve the same results, so you basically halve your risk.  I don't think its any more risky than bitstamp after the halving, and bitstamp is usually considered the standard these days.  Especially true if you have enough coins so that suing for recourse in Hong Kong is actually a viable option.  It's a pretty decent venue for lawsuits, being mostly English law still.
Is it worth the risk of holding fiat on exchanges for an entire month or two to possibly increase coins by 5-30%?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
soo back to bearish short term?
legendary
IMO, something like this still possible--

Bounces aside, I'm looking for a downside target that overshoots the 50% retracement (710->400). Hopefully find entry near 539-557. This would keep us outside of February's down channel. But if it does play out anything like this, it means we aren't out of the woods yet, and a strong snap back from the 610 level (or below) could indicate a return to sub-500s.

MAbtc, always I like your charts...
Jump to: