Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 304. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
IMO, something like this still possible--

Bounces aside, I'm looking for a downside target that overshoots the 50% retracement (710->400). Hopefully find entry near 539-557. This would keep us outside of February's down channel. But if it does play out anything like this, it means we aren't out of the woods yet, and a strong snap back from the 610 level (or below) could indicate a return to sub-500s.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

BitStamp bid/ask

Whole bid volume ----------- Ratio -----------Whole ask volume

15,488,716.08 USD -----------1 : 1.12 --------  17,316,498.62 USD
117,841.88 BTC ------------1 : 0.16 as BTC -----18,270.00 BTC

We've added a million to the bid sum in the last 24hours.  Smiley

Yeah and about a week ago there was close to $20 million on the bid side, whole bid and ask depth is not a good indicator.

Perhaps not as individual points of reference but as a pair or ratio I think they give a pretty rough guide to the vitality of a market.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Bitstamp and Huobi have clearly terminated a three wave a,b,c upwards, and BTCe is breaking down out of an a,b,c wedge. no sign of bulls, Imma cash out a bit for good luck.

Wave C should take us down to 560 maybe less in the coming days, hopefully, though I wish the holders best of luck and peace of mind  Grin

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

BitStamp bid/ask

15,488,716.08 USD -----------1 : 1.12 --------  17,316,498.62 USD

Yeah and about a week ago there was close to $20 million on the bid side, whole bid and ask depth is not a good indicator.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

BitStamp bid/ask

Grin
Activity: 210
Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

BitStamp bid/ask

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Hmmm. Closing most of my long now while we're in the 640s, will see if we can push to 650s again, otherwise I'll let the rest stop out. A lot of choppiness here. This still could have been a 3-swing corrective up before sliding back down a little ways....
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I've actually ended up using litecoin almost exclusively in my trading against other alt coins. I started off with btc/usd only, then started trading btc/ltc, then ltc/nxt and back, and then to mintcoin/btc but recently I've found better opportunity in mnt/ltc and been able to increase my stake nicely.

I like litecoin. I'm finding I don't mind using several coins. I just wish there was more stuff I could spend them on. There's someone developing a service that's supposed enable spending of several cryptos on Amazon. If that comes through I think it will really enhance the perception of utility and value of cryptos in general.

bath salts and rigged dice games aren't cutting it aye? =O

You have the same kind of opinion about altcoins that a fiat user has about btc. (ie you must be one drugs) lol

However, you've been smoking bath salts if you think wasting energy to secure the blockchain fits the criteria for mass adoption. Cryptocurrency is here to stay. That particular feature of cryptocurrency isn't.

Where does that leave btc? It is absolutely retarded to propose that btc is any different than any other alternative currency. It's actually weaker position to take than almost any good PoS coin is because of this design flaw.

u do realize this doesn't matter right??

i can start printing dollars with easier readable numbers, call them "us dollar 2.0 the improved version"
they obviously aint gonna be worth shit

people will not choose the coin that is better. people will choose the coin that they THINK is better

overexaggerated of course but still stands

your observations seem to support my point and dispel your own
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
I've actually ended up using litecoin almost exclusively in my trading against other alt coins. I started off with btc/usd only, then started trading btc/ltc, then ltc/nxt and back, and then to mintcoin/btc but recently I've found better opportunity in mnt/ltc and been able to increase my stake nicely.

I like litecoin. I'm finding I don't mind using several coins. I just wish there was more stuff I could spend them on. There's someone developing a service that's supposed enable spending of several cryptos on Amazon. If that comes through I think it will really enhance the perception of utility and value of cryptos in general.

You have the same kind of opinion about altcoins that a fiat user has about btc. (ie you must be one drugs) lol

However, you've been smoking bath salts if you think wasting energy to secure the blockchain fits the criteria for mass adoption. Cryptocurrency is here to stay. That particular feature of cryptocurrency isn't.

Where does that leave btc? It is absolutely retarded to propose that btc is any different than any other alternative currency. It's actually weaker position to take than almost any good PoS coin is because of this design flaw.

u do realize this doesn't matter right??

i can start printing dollars with easier readable numbers, call them "us dollar 2.0 the improved version"
they obviously aint gonna be worth shit

people will not choose the coin that is better. people will choose the coin that they THINK is better

overexaggerated of course but still stands
it's an objective analysis of the situation. yours isn't
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

uh?! really?
im all in on doge  Cheesy Grin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Oh I remember how many die-hard bitcoin ONLY advocates who were bashing Litecoin in 2011 and 2012...now are ALL SILENT.

They had no vision to see LTC as a viable alternative. They missed the very fundamental concept that in free markets there will always be competition.

It would not surprise me if the amount of people who invest in Litecoin increases dramatically over this next year.

HINT: IN 2013 Bitcoin first hit ~$50 in March 2013....Litecoin hit ~$50 in November 2013. So EIGHT months later Litecoin basically hit the same Bitcoin value eight months earlier.

Seems like this ^ will repeat in an accelerated way. Let us watch.

litecoin is more powerful only in the sense there are more clones of it floating around...;-) mmmm  k?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
Can someone who knows more about how the markets work (won't be hard to find) explain ltc's immediate jump from .025 to .027 this morning? I understand it was because of the Huobi news, but why the near perfect  ,,,,,,,,,,,l'''''''''''''' in the price? it's as if all the traders were waiting for this news and they all decided .027 was the next reasonable price...
Activity: 336
I do not understand all this ripple hate here (i.e. pre-mined scamcoin, lol). Ripple protocol is exactly what somebody above said would facilitate bitcoin adoption - a way to conveniently deal with many currencies, without the hassle for the user.

True, pre-mine makes XRP a bad get-rich-quick scheme - but what does it have to do with technology?

So far, whenever we see somebody embracing bitcoin - even regulators or Wall Street - there was very positive reaction. Except for ripple, for some reason?
I think it's because ripple is centralized.

I think you are still talking currency (XRP) not technology (ripple protocol) that allows decentralized exchanges (so we will not to have to deal with Mt Gox-likes or traditional exchanges).

Btw, Mazacoin - which is premined, centralized and an apparently a complete copycat of an existing protocol was declared "wonderful" by somebody from The Bitcoin Foundation (which, I hear, does not represent any true bitcoiners, but that is another story Wink
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Oh I remember how many die-hard bitcoin ONLY advocates who were bashing Litecoin in 2011 and 2012...now are ALL SILENT.

They had no vision to see LTC as a viable alternative. They missed the very fundamental concept that in free markets there will always be competition.

It would not surprise me if the amount of people who invest in Litecoin increases dramatically over this next year.

HINT: IN 2013 Bitcoin first hit ~$50 in March 2013....Litecoin hit ~$50 in November 2013. So EIGHT months later Litecoin basically hit the same Bitcoin value eight months earlier.

Seems like this ^ will repeat in an accelerated way. Let us watch.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I do not understand all this ripple hate here (i.e. pre-mined scamcoin, lol). Ripple protocol is exactly what somebody above said would facilitate bitcoin adoption - a way to conveniently deal with many currencies, without the hassle for the user.

True, pre-mine makes XRP a bad get-rich-quick scheme - but what does it have to do with technology?

So far, whenever we see somebody embracing bitcoin - even regulators or Wall Street - there was very positive reaction. Except for ripple, for some reason?
I think it's because ripple is centralized.
Activity: 336

Jump to: