Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 307. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Summertime in Estonia is not cold at all, that is just a misconception. Daily temp is 20-30, can go up to 37 if really hot.

Yes Risto, you are partly right, i'am estonian and I think that here is one of the best country to live. No torrent rains, eartquakes, tsunamis etc. A lot of forests, land, pure nature. But in summertime there could be up to 37, average is ca. 15-20 C. Some last winters have been really cold and a lot of snow, summers are hot. Fortunately we have four seasons autumn, summer, fall and winter, which I see very healty:)

Sounds a lot like Canada. Four very distinct seasons. Summer can be very hot, winter very cold and lotsa snow (like this year).
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Summertime in Estonia is not cold at all, that is just a misconception. Daily temp is 20-30, can go up to 37 if really hot.

Yes Risto, you are partly right, i'am estonian and I think that here is one of the best country to live. No torrent rains, eartquakes, tsunamis etc. A lot of forests, land, pure nature. But in summertime there could be up to 37, average is ca. 15-20 C. Some last winters have been really cold and a lot of snow, summers are hot. Fortunately we have four seasons autumn, summer, fall and winter, which I see very healty:)
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Not sure why people or ripping on Estonia... it's probably the nicest country I have visited on holiday, and they have been pumping insane amounts of cash into technology for a long time now.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Celsius, not Fahrenheit of course. Congratulations on the mansion!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

This is true. Unfortunately summertime in Estonia only lasts for a week. Wink
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

is this castle thing a big troll job or what?

Nope.

Owning big fucking castles is the sort of thing that early adopters who ploughed large amounts of capital into Bitcoin like to do.

If you are going to be jealous of people with money, you're going to expend an awful lot of energy.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Owning big fucking castles is the sort of thing that early adopters who ploughed large amounts of capital into Bitcoin like to do.

Hey, somebody has to own them, and the poor cannot afford! So why not buy and make them (semi-)public? Smiley

Fair enough, he'll need that early adopter money to make the place habitable from the pictures I've seen.

The first humble project will be the restoration of some bedrooms (for 30), a restaurant (for 50) and conference facilities (for 50) in the East wing.

You know what, hat's off to you for pursuing your dreams with the castle. You live in an area of the world that too freaking cold (I live in sunny southern california) for me to come to very often, but you have a vision and you are following through and if bitcoin does become huge one day, that place has the chance to be epic. Look forward to seeing how it develops.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

The vision with the castle is that it would be a Bitcoin enclave. We would buy land around it and repair and erect buildings and make a small community living there physically. For many - me included - it would be a second or third home. Estonia is very conducive to business and corporate tax is 0%.

The first humble project will be the restoration of some bedrooms (for 30), a restaurant (for 50) and conference facilities (for 50) in the East wing.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Seeing some short term bullish divergences. We saw 5 waves down and what is starting to look like a local bottom. Typically I'd then look for a 3 wave corrective to the upside. If this plays out, it helps to confirm that the dominant trend is still down. I don't think there is all that much room for upside here. Buying pressure looks weak. Let's take it to 666! Smiley

Then, there's this:

Not sure if this is valid based on previous trend, though...
Activity: 294
I just read that article... it fails to draw any comparison between the south seas stock and bitcoin in terms of economic climate. It is just a scary graph, that has no comparison or similar features to bitcoin, the south seas shows just one period of explosive growth, while you can see bitcoin "pulses" in the graph. Also, this stock is as old as Sir Issaac Newton? Who in their right mind would make a comparison between these two things? Only someone who wants to show a scary graph that has maybe a glimmer of similarity just in the fact that it increased in value?

He didn't even mention what the South Seas stock even consisted of. I wouldn't worry about this article. I won't be.
Activity: 427
What do you guys think about Darkcoin? The innovation they bring is anonymous transactions (DarkSend it is called) where it is a core feature of the network. It's currently in beta stage. The lead developer looks very professional and responsive, and the community is excited about it.

Also they have difficulty adapted every block (KGW) and ASIC protection by using 11 different cryptographic functions.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
What happened? The bitstamp order book looks like shit now. It's been halved since when it was trading in 500s. That's not normal for a true reversal. The bid depth should be continuing to increase every step of the way, not decrease!

Where do you guys get access to this information. i.e. the complete order book on Bitstamp?

I use QT trader and can see the complete order book through that.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
I've found only one way to profitably use altcoins: quick daytrading of a trending altcoin with high volume. Find an uptrending altcoin and locate the 'trendline' or 'trendcurve', or use EMAs. Bid against these levels so when there is a spike down, you get filled, and then you are instantly up on the inevitable rebound. You can either sell immediately with your rebound profit, or if you are bold, you can let the trend play out and sell at a different target or sell when the trend is breaking.

I will agree on that, but this works for pump and dump and scamcoins, the risk is huge, but Litecoin seems to be gaining huge legitimacy over time, it was started in a fairway and I am amazed about the development going behind it. Warren is the team Dev leader, he is the Creator of Linux Fedora. and allot of talented people working with him.

the Dev team when dealing with the core code, doesn't rely on Bitcoin as copy paste, but they submitted many bug fixes on Bitcoin code it self and they also helped funding projects that benefits both Bitcoin and Litecoin.

also after the shit and conspiracy going around Bitcoin, from the foundation and all hidden agendas, all of that made me think about investing some of my holding into Litecoin just in case, and now my Litecoin position is bigger than the Bitcoin one, I think that there is a potential growth ahead for Litecoin... and I was curious about how many of you here maybe did study this possibility and invested or think about investing?
I've noticed that there has not been any high volume altcoin action in many months now, except doge and aur (which was very brief). This concerns me because I think it implies that the altcoin promoters and players have lost faith in bitcoin. One could wonder what kind of inside information the altcoin bigshots (like Fontas, who randomly disappeared to thin air) might have about Bitcoin. Now rather than having their btc tied up in altcoin plays or on altcoin exchanges, the players and promoters have their btc on the ready for sale for usd, or on a btc/usd exchange. Altcoin was a major source of bitcoin hoarding/distraction (much like gambling/satoshidice) so if these coins are not being used for altcoin trading then they are increasing the supply of bitcoins.
I've found only one way to profitably use altcoins: quick daytrading of a trending altcoin with high volume. Find an uptrending altcoin and locate the 'trendline' or 'trendcurve', or use EMAs. Bid against these levels so when there is a spike down, you get filled, and then you are instantly up on the inevitable rebound. You can either sell immediately with your rebound profit, or if you are bold, you can let the trend play out and sell at a different target or sell when the trend is breaking.
donator
Yes, I am not interested in them anymore, and did not buy either.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
Only two alts that I ever became interested, were DOGE and AUR, and both would have been 10-baggers but money does not interest me any more  Grin

yes DOGE is a really social phenomena, the whole doge idea is based on a meme, my question is how long it will last, at some point that meme will lose the popularity, as for Aura, the concept of a national coin is interesting, but the philosophy doesn't sum up, Bitcoin's proof of work is one of the things behind the successes of it, premining the coins and giving them for free without any proof of works that comes from citizens will kill this coin.

now Auracoin has some value but once they start distributing coins among citizens you will watch one of the biggest crashes of a currency in crypto world, a citizen who has done nothing to deserve the coins will first think about dumping it for a quick free profit, lets get real, what did they risk to care about the price not going to 0 ?

the Idea behind money or a currency is the rarity and value of that currency, when it is delivered for free and without any work/effort/risk it takes off that whole definition and idea of money.... this is why gold and silver and Bitcoin has value, it is not easy to get...  

at least that is my opinion on these 2 coins.
donator
Only two alts that I ever became interested, were DOGE and AUR, and both would have been 10-baggers but money does not interest me any more  Grin
Jump to: