Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 306. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
I never understood the criticism against rpietila, people like kkaspar criticize the fact he's covered in silver and Gold, well like any wealthy person they worked hard to achieve that and took the right risks and he's free to express himself however he likes it's no one's business.

As for my Bitcoin price expectations, as i stated in my other threads i believe $380-$400 was indeed the bottom. I provided chart analysis in the thread "Febraury $500" which played out pretty accurately, We may revisit $400 only if we encounter further major bad news. I recall in the $50 bottom in April bubble was revisited about 3-4 times but always shot up back to $70+ almost instantly. I don't see a rally in April because of the damage MtGox and various countless other Bitcoin services being hacked (100's of Millions of Dollars investor money lost) and with the media pretty much killing Bitcoin's image, all that damage needs time to heal.

My outlook for the next rally (breaking ATH) is more towards June onwards, hopefully more good news start flowing by then as Crypto becomes regulated in the States and Wallstreet starts investing, it also makes sense in a way since it will provide more time for regulated exchanges with large capital to pop up.

I am also very positive about Litecoin on the long run (despite most people claiming it's dead). I see the ratio vs btc almost doubling in the coming months.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
here comes the slow grind higher until we are approaching a new ATH in June or July of this year.

As soon as it becomes apparent that we are in for another ramp, front-runners will accelerate the cycle. Therefore I predict the next ATH will be in April or May and the new peak will be proportionally lower, between $1800 and $4,000. 

i hope so Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
here comes the slow grind higher until we are approaching a new ATH in June or July of this year.

As soon as it becomes apparent that we are in for another ramp, front-runners will accelerate the cycle. Therefore I predict the next ATH will be in April or May and the new peak will be proportionally lower, between $1800 and $4,000. 

What is incredible is that the last three bubbles have assumed clearly the same shape and form on the log chart. if the price history is anything to go by, which clearly it is, then the next ATH should be 3 months after the dip. that means June is the month. Any time in May would not surprise me, but an ATH in April would delightfully surprise me.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
The bullish move I expected here is looking stronger than originally expected. Very nice bounce at key supports, not much pullback.

Close this 4H candle or two above this zone, and I may not be looking to exit that long in the 600s. I like some additional confirmation before getting too bullish, though.... Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1148
from here will the exponential rate of growth increase or decrease? that is the million dollar question.

Taxi drivers in NYC are almost invariably immigrants, and generally make remittances to families in their country of origin.  In short, primary use cases for bitcoin.  I live in NYC half-time and every time I take a protracted cab ride, such as to or from the airport, I ask the driver if he has ever heard of Bitcoin.  So far, of roughly 20 polled, not one had heard of bitcoin before I introduced them to it. 

When bitcoin hits 5k USD, do you think that will make the news?  I think it will a big news item.  The people who missed out on buying before the run to 5k will feel remorse, and after much diligence will finally decide to buy all the bitcoin they can as it crashes down to 2k.  Meanwhile all those who decide not to buy because it is too expensive will sit on the sidelines while it runs to 17k.  Then they will feel remorse, and buy it down to 8k. 

This cycle can repeat at least 5 times before the growth slows, in any scenario that leads to universal acceptance.  I think the next cycle will be on par with the previous one, but the next two will be much broader.  After that it will depend on the condition of sovereigns.  In a hyperinflation or a deflationary debt crisis the acceleration will continue to a bitcoin singularity, and fiat will end.  If sovereigns manage to keep up a good face, by the fourth cycle we will see decceleration of growth, but continuing gradual and modest growth.  It won't explode again until a fiat crisis.  Historically it appears that an eventual fiat crisis is inevitable.  Due to globalization effects, it is increasingly likely to be world-wide.

Much wisdom here.  I concur.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
what happened to this thread? Or maybe I should ask... what happened to this forum?

I hear it. I'm about to throw in the towel. I figured it would turn around like it did last year, but it's become unbearable trying to eek anything useful or interesting out of this forum anymore. To anyone interested in technical analysis, I suggest hanging out in the TradingView chat. It's much more fulfilling.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
what happened to this thread? Or maybe I should ask... what happened to this forum?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
from here will the exponential rate of growth increase or decrease? that is the million dollar question.

Taxi drivers in NYC are almost invariably immigrants, and generally make remittances to families in their country of origin.  In short, primary use cases for bitcoin.  I live in NYC half-time and every time I take a protracted cab ride, such as to or from the airport, I ask the driver if he has ever heard of Bitcoin.  So far, of roughly 20 polled, not one had heard of bitcoin before I introduced them to it. 

When bitcoin hits 5k USD, do you think that will make the news?  I think it will a big news item.  The people who missed out on buying before the run to 5k will feel remorse, and after much diligence will finally decide to buy all the bitcoin they can as it crashes down to 2k.  Meanwhile all those who decide not to buy because it is too expensive will sit on the sidelines while it runs to 17k.  Then they will feel remorse, and buy it down to 8k. 

This cycle can repeat at least 5 times before the growth slows, in any scenario that leads to universal acceptance.  I think the next cycle will be on par with the previous one, but the next two will be much broader.  After that it will depend on the condition of sovereigns.  In a hyperinflation or a deflationary debt crisis the acceleration will continue to a bitcoin singularity, and fiat will end.  If sovereigns manage to keep up a good face, by the fourth cycle we will see decceleration of growth, but continuing gradual and modest growth.  It won't explode again until a fiat crisis.  Historically it appears that an eventual fiat crisis is inevitable.  Due to globalization effects, it is increasingly likely to be world-wide.

legendary
Activity: 924
Please pull the trigger Mr. rpietila, I used to enjoy this thread so much. I miss the days when you removed the crap though some of it me my own.

Looking at the chart today, Im starting to come to grips with something I never thought I would see on the log chart. no alternation. all the bubbles have assumed the same structure. The corrections are all wedges, where the price extreme of wave C fails to exceed the extreme of wave B.

It simply feels too simple, part of me feels this needs to be a correction of greater magnitude than the last two, but before our very eyes we are witnessing a sequence of 3. the next wave could take us roughly to 15k if it is similar to the last two bubbles.

but what of the elbow? Andreas Antonopolous feels we have not hit that yet. from a fundamental perspective, I agree.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Dude, seriously. If you are convinced of the merits of your arguments, why do you not start the Khasper "This shit (Bitcoin) sucks and y'all are foolin' your stupid selves"  thread, and entertain all manner of discussion there, instead of trolling rptiela's thread?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I made a new thread for people who want to show their admiration towards you.

Thanks but no thanks. I don't have similar problems with relation to my ego.

Yet you have annointed yourself the pontius pilate of BTT  ....

That's a weird comparison. Does it mean that you see rpietila as Jesus?
And people wonder why I talk about the excessive cult mentality of bitcoin.

jeez you are thick. i give up.

Yes, I'm especially thick because I don't admire rpietila.

no, you are thick because you cannot grasp a metaphor.

ps rptieila when you finally get around to cleaning all this shit up u can delete my posts, my feelings will not be hurt.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Esp. as I am not against him posting his opinion of me in any other threads. But the ones I have set up, have a purpose, which is generally outlined in the thread title, and/or the OP. I try to keep all kinds of off topic away, because I care about the readers and their time.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Wow Kkaspar, Rpietila posts some of the most compelling and informative posts on this forum and this is what he gets?  I can't blame him for leaving, or never posting on here, if he is given so much disrespect.  He has done so much good for Bitcoin and the community and we repay his "good with evil."  To me, that is one of the lowest things to do.
donator
Well you will have to wait for your ban for a few more hours, as the moderators are often busy.

Meanwhile - what is it that makes you so furious?  Huh
donator
The one problem with an exclusive forum is that it doesn't help evangelize, spread the information.

Yes, as you can see I am still here. But I also bought the castle, and that may open up new ways.

You can think of dividing the bitcoin adopters to segments like this:

2009 - 100
2010 - 1,000
2011 - 10,000
2012 - 100,000
2013 - 1,000,000
2014 - 10,000,000
2015 - 100,000,000
2016 - 1,000,000,000.

It is a very rough classification but approximately correct. The top of the pyramid has quite good understanding of Bitcoin, the bottom not only doesn't have it but is quite unprepared to understand it deeply even if explained.

The press articles cater to this "2016 segment" that does not have bitcoins and will not have them this or the next year. This information is mostly factually incorrect and very shallow. Because the press articles are read by the general public, they cannot be targeted to 0.1-1% of the population. They have to be poor as shit Smiley

What I am doing is research that will be interesting for people who already know Bitcoin for some time. Newcomers let alone outsiders cannot understand or appreciate it. My quest is to find the target audience.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
The one problem with an exclusive forum is that it doesn't help evangelize, spread the information.
donator
I could be wrong, but I think that Freemason gatherings are lacking of drugs and teenage girls.

I think I'll start posting here more often, since the posts get deleted. No fun when people just ignore you, but when people actually delete your posts, then you know that you're on the right track.

Qfp.

No, according to forum rules you will get a global ban from posting after been asked to leave this thread. So from now on, do not post anything here or you will soon not be able to post anything anywhere  Grin

To the others: it is exactly for these idiots that I (along with most other serious contributors) have gone to other places and my inbox is flooding with invitation requests Sad
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Summertime in Estonia is not cold at all, that is just a misconception. Daily temp is 20-30, can go up to 37 if really hot.

Yes Risto, you are partly right, i'am estonian and I think that here is one of the best country to live. No torrent rains, eartquakes, tsunamis etc. A lot of forests, land, pure nature. But in summertime there could be up to 37, average is ca. 15-20 C. Some last winters have been really cold and a lot of snow, summers are hot. Fortunately we have four seasons autumn, summer, fall and winter, which I see very healty:)

Sounds a lot like Canada. Four very distinct seasons. Summer can be very hot, winter very cold and lotsa snow (like this year).

Any snow here this year, +10 C, last year was ca. 1m snow and -20 C at that time:)
Jump to: