Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 308. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you

Whilst 'these bubbles' look great, there seems to be no indication as to time period. Would be interesting to see change /D/W/M/Y this would give a great visualisation of how things are progressing, and which markets to follow.

the bubbles as it was explained before show the 24H volume, you can see that they refresh in 5-15 min patterns... and I look at them daily so...
Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Whilst 'these bubbles' look great, there seems to be no indication as to time period. Would be interesting to see change /D/W/M/Y this would give a great visualisation of how things are progressing, and which markets to follow.

edit: says 24hrs period ..i'm blind- still would be nice to see other time periods.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Risto, while I hate most of the alts and question their existence, I am a fan and LTC supporter for a while now, so I wanted to ask you if it is possible to take a look at the crypto market out of the box and tell me what you think.

Why I am asking this? I have been watching the crypto market in general, comparing the money flow in/out for all alts, I found that the volume of money invested in Litecoin is way more then you can even imagine, I also found out that the last 3-4 months Litecoin beats bitcoin by volume.

look at this bubbles http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/graphicalComparison

they count the 24H volume of ALTcoin/USD and ALTcoin/BTC and they convert everything back to BTC and compare it to the BTC volume, so it is not 1 LTC compared to 1 BTC but it is the value of 1 BTC invested in that Altcoin instead.

data is recorded from almost all exchanges (I found out about many of exchanges there, I didn't know they existed at all)

So what is your take on this ?

Using your methodology, arbitrage between BTCLTC, BTCUSD, AND LTCUSD will inflate LTC volume.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Keep in mind that LTC has a very high inflation rate currently, so it takes alot of new fiat to keep the value up.
That doesn't have much to do with price.  Price is supply vs demand.  Most miners are just as aware of the inflation rate as you are.  Also bitcoin fiat inflation is currently way higher then Litecoin anyways so by your logic it takes way more fiat to hold up Bitcoin price vs Litecoin.

Exaclty, supply vs demand, high inflation is high supply.

I never talk about price inflation. Only supply inflation (real inflation).

Litecoin has higher inflation than bitcoin and will always be, the inflation model for LTC is the same as for BTC, but LTC started a few years later, so it is still in its beginning stages of very high inflation.

Chart for referance:

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Keep in mind that LTC has a very high inflation rate currently, so it takes alot of new fiat to keep the value up.
That doesn't have much to do with price.  Price is supply vs demand.  Most miners are just as aware of the inflation rate as you are.  Also bitcoin fiat inflation is currently way higher then Litecoin anyways so by your logic it takes way more fiat to hold up Bitcoin price vs Litecoin.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
Best call of the thread so far. I do indeed like to sip scotch whilst waiting Smiley

And while waiting sgbett missed the november'13 rally completely.  Grin

Sipping scotch only works profitably when you're holding BTC, not fiat Smiley

Btw. my castle, Malla, is now on day 8. The Day 0 party was nice, but revealed that we need moar bedrooms. So let's build some Smiley

I have commenced reparations there and the Château-Hôtel Malla is ready to open this summer. Even before that, if you really want to see me (or the place), just contact my reservations manager (contact info in the link).

I'm still baffled as to why anyone holds anything *other* than BTC Smiley (notwithstanding one's scotch glass)

all my posts berating the day traders should be testament enough to that!

I'm not sure my humble stash affords me the luxury of visiting Malla quite yet.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Ltc really took off when Asics started showing up, demonstrating the importance of incentivizing the miners in the early stages.
legendary

Can you use it for something?

Can I use what ? your opinion or Litecoin ?

Edit: if you meant litecoin then yes, if you meant your opinion, well it just matters to me, I want to have different opinions from reputable people, I am in kinda analyzing something here.... so I would appreciate if you shared that info with me Wink or rather with us...

What value does LTC add over BTC?

I suspect most alts will disappear (i.e. become even less significant than they already are) over the next year or two as people realize they offer no benefit over BTC and can't be used anywhere.

Also volume is higher because I think it is more volatile (better for day traders).

yes, LTC beside the faster confirmations and lower transactions cost, it doesn't add anything technical, it is a fundamental aspect here, it add a choice... it is also the oldest alt and the most secure and legitimate one out there, where you can see an actual and legit development happening, honestly I am beyond what LTC add, I had that argument in my head for so long,  but the market seems to vote in a different way Wink
legendary
LTC

yes! but at this point it is less useful than BTC, to be honest I am examining the possibility of a boom here, there is a big payment processor like Bitpay called gocoin.com, which deals with Bitcoin and Litecoin exclusively and  make it easy for merchants to accept both Litecoin and Bitcoin without risking the volatility, also Bitpay last year twitted about Litecoin a couple of times...

I am an IT guy, so I am not asking about the technical aspect of things here, I already know that, I am curious about the market more or less, so beside speculation, what do you think, and I also would like from other members to share their thoughts about this if it is Ok (not that I want to spam this thread and take it out of the context)     
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
What happened? The bitstamp order book looks like shit now. It's been halved since when it was trading in 500s. That's not normal for a true reversal. The bid depth should be continuing to increase every step of the way, not decrease!

Where do you guys get access to this information. i.e. the complete order book on Bitstamp?
Activity: 308
Activity: 378
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

Can you use it for something?

Can I use what ? your opinion or Litecoin ?

Edit: if you meant litecoin then yes, if you meant your opinion, well it just matters to me, I want to have different opinions from reputable people, I am in kinda analyzing something here.... so I would appreciate if you shared that info with me Wink or rather with us...

What value does LTC add over BTC?

I suspect most alts will disappear (i.e. become even less significant than they already are) over the next year or two as people realize they offer no benefit over BTC and can't be used anywhere.

Also volume is higher because I think it is more volatile (better for day traders).
legendary
Risto, while I hate most of the alts and question their existence, I am a fan and LTC supporter for a while now, so I wanted to ask you if it is possible to take a look at the crypto market out of the box and tell me what you think.

Why I am asking this? I have been watching the crypto market in general, comparing the money flow in/out for all alts, I found that the volume of money invested in Litecoin is way more then you can even imagine, I also found out that the last 3-4 months Litecoin beats bitcoin by volume.

look at this bubbles http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/graphicalComparison

they count the 24H volume of ALTcoin/USD and ALTcoin/BTC and they convert everything back to BTC and compare it to the BTC volume, so it is not 1 LTC compared to 1 BTC but it is the value of 1 BTC invested in that Altcoin instead.

data is recorded from almost all exchanges (I found out about many of exchanges there, I didn't know they existed at all)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
What happened? The bitstamp order book looks like shit now. It's been halved since when it was trading in 500s. That's not normal for a true reversal. The bid depth should be continuing to increase every step of the way, not decrease!

The money was spent on panic buys up to 710.

Hmm.. yeah, sounds legit. I had a load of buys below 500 one week ago, now just a few. So judging from own behaviour, that is quite possible.

Nevertheless, it is not good. The triple bottom scenario raises its ugly head...

Nah, after that one, it is clear that we are headed higher. No worries.
zby
legendary
Activity: 1592

The money was spent on panic buys up to 710.
donator
I suspect there is a long sideways trading period in the 500s ahead until the real support trend catches up.

Agree 100%, but isn't that exactly
a) what happened last time
b) what I predicted this time
c) what we need right now?  Cheesy
Activity: 728
I agree at this point, selling doesn't make sense because in 2 months from now the trend will be all caught up to this level. So think of it from a short's perspective. "Would I short here at 625 becuase maybe I'll see 450 after this tough struggle through all these low levels, but maybe I wont and it'll just shoot up to 700 and break out of the downtrend instead." A bad trading proposition, and it's almost not even worth the risk of having fiat on exchanges now, and not worth the stress of following the markets.  You can just remain in cold storage and leave the market, come back 2 months later, and see what's happening then. You might find out that 1 month ago you were "down" but now you're up. Also, if you're willing to keep coins on exchanges, you can keep your coins on bitfinex and then margin trade if some kind of volatile downspike happens (you'd be alerted by bitcoinparanoid etc).

But still I can't help but feel fear over this low volume drift down and sudden decrease in order books. I suspect there is a long sideways trading period in the 500s ahead until the real support trend catches up.
donator
Seems that most of the bids below 500 were not legit  Cool

I don't care too much anymore. The probability that we hit 500 anymore is shrinking. May happen, may not. In an uptrend, it is so hard to beat that holding gives better results for most. I'm going to hold for now.
Activity: 728
donator
Best call of the thread so far. I do indeed like to sip scotch whilst waiting Smiley

And while waiting sgbett missed the november'13 rally completely.  Grin

Sipping scotch only works profitably when you're holding BTC, not fiat Smiley

Btw. my castle, Malla, is now on day 8. The Day 0 party was nice, but revealed that we need moar bedrooms. So let's build some Smiley

I have commenced reparations there and the Château-Hôtel Malla is ready to open this summer. Even before that, if you really want to see me (or the place), just contact my reservations manager (contact info in the link).
Jump to: