Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 333. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250
It's not strictly TA, but the sentiment on this sub-forum feels awfully bottomy. Reminds me very much of the $2 days after the $32 high. Of course that lasted for a looong time so maybe we could go lower. The bear feeding frenzy is a great indicator in my mind.

I doubt we will legitimately go as low as $100 (I'm not counting them spike shenanigans) but if we do, I got orders that will double my BTC position, and *still* leave me with a negative cost basis overall...

If we only go as low as $380 I only increase by about 5% though Wink

We are still seeing many posts like yours - sentiment is that Bitcoin might go lower in the interim - and THAT will be a good time to buy before it goes higher. It's still a net bullish stance. We need to start seeing posts that lost faith in Bitcoin as a whole, see it as a bad investment over any horizon/strategy etc.

Of course this all depends on how much weight you give to public forum sentiment... as Bitcoin becomes more popular / mainstream this will include a greater mix of new/old/manipulators, and will hold less.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
It's not strictly TA, but the sentiment on this sub-forum feels awfully bottomy. Reminds me very much of the $2 days after the $32 high. Of course that lasted for a looong time so maybe we could go lower. The bear feeding frenzy is a great indicator in my mind.

I doubt we will legitimately go as low as $100 (I'm not counting them spike shenanigans) but if we do, I got orders that will double my BTC position, and *still* leave me with a negative cost basis overall...

the spike was great, now we know that A; there is big support at 100. B; there was nothing significant in the way of 4k-8k bitcoins.
I deem this means the larger players are/were taking a wait and see stance - bearish like you say.
That spike is actually something we all wanted to see, that there is a force backing this crypto, that it is not subject to uncontrollable crashses to zero.
So if you ask me it is clear that over the coming weeks the fall may take several days to explore 300-500 range. it will almost certainly not pass 100.
Im sure the trend will resume before the end of the year.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
It's not strictly TA, but the sentiment on this sub-forum feels awfully bottomy.

Not really. The bottom is when people do not anymore believe in Bitcoin. Where is that to be seen? Who has quit the forum because of that? (Such make some noise before quitting so that you will notice Wink ) We have potentially a long way down to go, but of course the news do matter.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

legendary
do you happen to be watching the charts now?

I am often watching the charts, alas only for entertainment purposes.

If I were inclined to do day tarding, I wouldn't be shorting right now. While I think there is (potentially a lot) room to go down, the risk/reward doesn't seem to be there. Unless you're desperately looking to accumulate more coins and have no fiat for it. Good luck!

After buying at was it 582, I went on to sell at 670. It is going down.

cheers for the feedback rpietila and eris,
It helps when you cant think straight after 24 hours without sleep. easy to make a bad move when one is wary.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Do todays crazy events change any longterm bearish predictions? I had fiat waiting on BTC-E and, for some reason which right now I can't understand, I didn't buy in when it got down to the $500s. Still think we'll get back down there before we go up properly?

I can understand it. When the price is buoyant at over $1000 and heading up, everyone dreams of getting $500 Bitcoins again. When the market is decimating itself and the price is slashed down to the $500 range, the market psychology totally changes and these coins are no longer looking so appealing and unless you are a swing trader, neither should they.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

If I were inclined to do day tarding, I wouldn't be shorting right now. While I think there is (potentially a lot) room to go down, the risk/reward doesn't seem to be there. Unless you're desperately looking to accumulate more coins and have no fiat for it. Good luck!

After buying at was it 582, I went on to sell at 670. It is going down.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Do todays crazy events change any longterm bearish predictions? I had fiat waiting on BTC-E and, for some reason which right now I can't understand, I didn't buy in when it got down to the $500s. Still think we'll get back down there before we go up properly?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
And back to 700 in the next 15-30 min.. that is a good recovery.

Seeing as it was BS / FUD that caused it.. it is a healthy sign. The market is looking healthier than i gave it credit for.

Okay.. maybe slightly longer, but still.

That wall got partly bought, and then added to. Might be here for a little while.

688-700 is a 50% fibo level on stamp, there will be resistance there that wont be broken today/tomorrow, market needs to calm down and realize that gox was spreading fud to buy time, there is no "new bug" or anything close to double spending
Activity: 707
Merit: 500

Seeing as it was BS / FUD that caused it.. it is a healthy sign. The market is looking healthier than i gave it credit for.

Okay.. maybe slightly longer, but still.

That wall got partly bought, and then added to. Might be here for a little while.
Activity: 378
be interesting to see what happens to the 860 wall at 689 on stamp
Activity: 707
Merit: 500

Activity: 378
i think this bounce is full of a pent up exuberence that may not be so very rooted in rationality ...
legendary
Rpietilas call for a revisiting of the trendline during February/March is looking more and more probable. Whatever you might think about his online persona, or his trading abilities, you have to give him credit for sticking with his call even though he was heavily ridiculed for it at first.

I wonder if the pattern of repeating previous price movements on a compressed time-scale with lower ups and downs will hold and we will see a slow grind into the 400 - 500$ area over the next month or so, before finally capitulating.

I'm really enjoying this bear market. I'm not day tarding, not even firing very much fiat at it. But whereas during the last bear market all I heard from my friends was "haha I told you so Bitcoin is useless", now I see them buying their first coins, because they find the current prices much more acceptable than the heights of december.

what do you think about this bounce? pretty good? will it last? seems threatening.
not sure I have the guts to hold shotr.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
Rpietilas call for a revisiting of the trendline during February/March is looking more and more probable. Whatever you might think about his online persona, or his trading abilities, you have to give him credit for sticking with his call even though he was heavily ridiculed for it at first.

I wonder if the pattern of repeating previous price movements on a compressed time-scale with lower ups and downs will hold and we will see a slow grind into the 400 - 500$ area over the next month or so, before finally capitulating.

I'm really enjoying this bear market. I'm not day tarding, not even firing very much fiat at it. But whereas during the last bear market all I heard from my friends was "haha I told you so Bitcoin is useless", now I see them buying their first coins, because they find the current prices much more acceptable than the heights of december.

legendary
Activity: 1148
things you own end up owning you
I still owe you an apology, I don't know if this flash crash counts but I am a man of his word, I didn't see this coming so I do apologize for the last couple of months and I hope that Gox will die....I took a considerable loss because of them, not trading there didn't save me from their BS, I just hope that it wont be even worse...

at this moment I don't hold any bitcoins, not because I sold out but because I invested 80% in IPOs and startups and cashed the other 20%, but to be honest I don't have balls to buy back now, I just wish you all traders out there good luck.

legendary
Where are those $400 coins?? I am getting really tired of waiting.

they coming, can you smell them now!? Smiley

Im gonna lose a lot of good sleep waiting for $400 coins tonight......
Activity: 165
Merit: 106
Where are those $400 coins?? I am getting really tired of waiting.

they coming, can you smell them now!? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Margin long went wrong. Just like in December when LTC went to cents. Someone might shoot himself today.
You mean that the seller at 102$ did so because of margin call?

That's why you should generally avoid leverage.
Jump to: