Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 332. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
"Oh, its the drugs" is at least as credible an assertion than "oh, its manilpulation."  At least with the former accusation we have first hand experience dealing with fuc*ing crazy idiots on this forum, some who have obvious emotional issues. "Manipulators" on the other hand are always "these people that control things." There more like the monster in the closet. More speculative, shall we say?

If manipulation or conspiracy doesn't exist in the world, then the current petrodollar global monetary system must therefore be honest and entirely above board. Only a drug addled idiot could possibly believe that there was anything untoward going on there.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Mtgox isn't/wasn't going to die without something outlandish and major happening. And maybe this is it. I almost feel like Mtgox needs to default at least a little, to really bury the hatchet. I don't want people to lose their money and I don't want Bitcoin's reputation to suffer. But whatever it takes to remove this amatuer and disfunctional company from our existence - its really worth it. Just like silk road was a burden removed, I believe the removal of Mtgox is likewise a burden that when removed will help us all.

Silk Road is alive and well and more booming than ever. I have just recently received 5g of top quality MDMA from a reputable vendor on the site.

The Ross Ulbricht bust was massive advertisement for Silk Road and darknet cryptocurrency black market websites in general.

'A burden removed indeed'

Money laundering and black market has been the early lifeblood of Bitcoin whether you like it or not. It has been the spine upon which the rampant speculation was all based.

what are you, in portugal?

Perception is reality. Still druggies like yourself Mat gave bitcoin a bad name. Now we have to tolerate you while the rest of the population thinks you all got arrested.

I seriously think a lot of his concerns regarding 'whale rats' manipulating the price and other posts are drug related paranoia. Go easy on the drugs, buddy.

Hilarious. You might very well say my flippant and irreverent posting style is drug related, man. The 'manipulator' meme has been well done. I don't recall anyone ever claiming " ooh it's the drugs" before. You know why, because it would have been stupid and naive. Just like you and windjc are being now.

"Oh, its the drugs" is at least as credible an assertion than "oh, its manilpulation."  At least with the former accusation we have first hand experience dealing with fuc*ing crazy idiots on this forum, some who have obvious emotional issues. "Manipulators" on the other hand are always "these people that control things." There more like the monster in the closet. More speculative, shall we say?

In actuality, I don't care if you do drugs or buy drugs or sell drugs. Certain drugs are pretty fuc*ing distructive, but I'm not going to tell you that you can't destroy yourself. Mat flew off the fuc*ing handle just now because what we said about him was absolutely true. But maybe it was a bit harsh, as we all have things we have to deal with in life that are challenges.

But I did get something pretty cool out the exchange. Mat ignored me. He's been on my ignore for months but he is always responding to my posts, which others quote and them I'm forced to read. No more, I hope. No more. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
Hey everybody I'm a libertarian anarchist crypto currency supporter! Bitcoin supports my libertarian ideals i am all about freedom and sticking it to the man.

Oh hey, you can't do that though, because it's illegal. The man said so.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
Mtgox isn't/wasn't going to die without something outlandish and major happening. And maybe this is it. I almost feel like Mtgox needs to default at least a little, to really bury the hatchet. I don't want people to lose their money and I don't want Bitcoin's reputation to suffer. But whatever it takes to remove this amatuer and disfunctional company from our existence - its really worth it. Just like silk road was a burden removed, I believe the removal of Mtgox is likewise a burden that when removed will help us all.

Silk Road is alive and well and more booming than ever. I have just recently received 5g of top quality MDMA from a reputable vendor on the site.

The Ross Ulbricht bust was massive advertisement for Silk Road and darknet cryptocurrency black market websites in general.

Money laundering and black market has been the early lifeblood of Bitcoin whether you like it or not. It has been the spine upon which the rampant speculation was all based.

Perception is reality. Still druggies like yourself Mat gave bitcoin a bad name. Now we have to tolerate you while the rest of the population thinks you all got arrested.

I seriously think a lot of his concerns regarding 'whale rats' manipulating the price and other posts are drug related paranoia. Go easy on the drugs, buddy.

Hilarious. You might very well say my flippant and irreverent posting style is drug related, man. The 'manipulator' meme has been well done. I don't recall anyone ever claiming " ooh it's the drugs" before. You know why, because it would have been stupid and naive. Just like you and windjc are being now.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
shots fired  Cheesy
legendary

True. It's very obvious.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

Activity: 840

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
I have 5x more value in BTC than I have fiat (while it didnt start out that way). I dont have too much fiat either, but Im sure I sleep better at night having the bitcoins.
Last night was the most stressful night having missed an opportunity to get cheap bitcoins and almost forced out of my temporary fiat position for much smaller profit than desired.
I would say for a once in a lifetime opportunity like bitcoin, Ill risk more than I can comfortably lose, bitcoin is hope, and I was not afraid of the spike.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Oh you get used to this emotional rollercoaster quick, some of us experienced it multiple times already Grin. This is the main reason why you should only invest what you van lose. Otherwise mental breakdown is inevitable.

True. I could not care less nor lose a moment of my sleep, whether coin goes to $300 or $900 this night. But my indignation over Mt.Gox for stealing real coins from me is readily apparent.

It honestly does not matter. Dollar price.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
It's not strictly TA, but the sentiment on this sub-forum feels awfully bottomy.

Not really. The bottom is when people do not anymore believe in Bitcoin. Where is that to be seen? Who has quit the forum because of that? (Such make some noise before quitting so that you will notice Wink ) We have potentially a long way down to go, but of course the news do matter.

True. However, its a lot harder to "stop believing" in BTC nowadays, compared to 30$ to 2$ times(or even 266$ to 60$), where the price could potentially go to 0. Today tho, even 400$ looks "low".

All that said, i was very surprised how well-timed fud could move a market THAT much. So in my eyes your desired levels are  a bit more likely now, but still well below 50% chance imo.

The bolded is the precisely stated main reason why I'm with you & sgbett on this one. Much has been said about whether classic Technical Analysis as used in stocks, commodities etc. can be applied to Bitcoin. I would be equally skeptical about "Sentiment Analysis". Should we be expecting vocal masses of people abandoning the technology within the next couple of months, before the bottom of the bear market is in? I doubt it and as usual sit back with interest to observe how reality might prove me wrong this time Smiley
Activity: 841
Oh you get used to this emotional rollercoaster quick, some of us experienced it multiple times already Grin. This is the main reason why you should only invest what you can lose. Otherwise mental breakdown is inevitable.
legendary
It's not strictly TA, but the sentiment on this sub-forum feels awfully bottomy.

Not really. The bottom is when people do not anymore believe in Bitcoin. Where is that to be seen? Who has quit the forum because of that? (Such make some noise before quitting so that you will notice Wink ) We have potentially a long way down to go, but of course the news do matter.

No, there have been at least 2 on here, including TERA, that have said they might be bowing out. The other one was mmitech I believe.
Good catch, I have noticed that too. Great contrarian indicator.

This is the first time I have witnessed the other side of the coin, "desperation" or "despair" or whatever you want to call it. Its a really fascinating look at pyschology.

It feels like the parabolic rise on this forum, expect bizarro - exact opposite. I even feel myself from time to time second guessing.

Although I look at this as a necessary purge. I really do. This is part of the transition now, from amatuer hour to professional bitcoin integration.  I have thought from the very beginning (for me a little less than a year) that Mtgox was a blight on the face of bitcoin. And the loyalty to it (even rpteila has 6 figures on there) has absolutely amazed me.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
The other one was mmitech I believe.

mmitech the bear slaughter?   Shocked

I think the bottom is realy near ;-)

Seriously, I am really horrified how the sentiment of some people on this board is switching between megalomania and desperation.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you

No, there have been at least 2 on here, including TERA, that have said they might be bowing out. The other one was mmitech I believe.

I am still here, I didn't quit and I am not planing to do so, I said I cant do anything because I don't hold any bitcoins at the moment, I invested 80% of my BTC into IPOs and cashed 20% out (needed some cash for a personal project).

so I am painfully watching this lost opportunity, I just hope that the IPO pays out at the end ...
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

Good catch, I have noticed that too. Great contrarian indicator.
legendary

Activity: 812

True. However, its a lot harder to "stop believing" in BTC nowadays, compared to 30$ to 2$ times(or even 266$ to 60$), where the price could potentially go to 0. Today tho, even 400$ looks "low".

All that said, i was very surprised how well-timed fud could move a market THAT much. So in my eyes your desired levels are  a bit more likely now, but still well below 50% chance imo.
Jump to: