Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 330. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
You have some really good points. I do not know where you are seeing the "everybody is still hopeful."  I mean, I am hopeful mainly because of the eco-system and the fairly positive response of US regulators. Besides that, even I, who am a "perma-bull" am not very hopeful of the current price. I feel fear. Others, if you have been watching closely, have either gone silent (Mbtac) or have said they are quitting. Plus there is a massive influx of trolls, with threads saying Bitcoin is going to die. DDosers smelled blood and went on the attack. Someone sold off 8000 BTC on btc-e. Crazy shit is going on everywhere.

If you are reasonably confident of Bitcoin's long-term success, then you are "hopeful" and have no reason to sell. Then the price stays high, and this is what we are experiencing. If large holders lose confidence, then they sell, and crash follows.

Based on my research, the # of coins in small holders' hands may be so small now that it cannot shake the markets. And if someone was here during the April bubble, he is not prone to panicking. In 2011 there was no precedent so even large holders panicked and price spiraled down.

Then there is the February 14, which alone is a reason to sell your coins NOW. Wink

What happens on 14th feb.?

also as a bull I'm no doubting bitcoins future until we see major bad news in the bitcoin protocol or 5 big countries banning it (Non-fud that is) and price going down to 300-400
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
jolly good calls everyone. last night the bulls were screaming "to da moon" @700....... it was just so predictable...... 10 hours of ranging and the market flops.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
Mixed signals. Trendline suggests we are still high. Also the bottoms so far this week have been flashcrashes with quick rebounds. (This has not been a property of the prior final capitulations, rather of the beginning of them.) Not enough negative sentiment, everybody is still hopeful. Even goxbtc trades at higher than is realistic imo. There are also negative events that could still happen.

Feeling of fear is a good sign, but not yet the sign to buy if the price is not there.

You have some really good points. I do not know where you are seeing the "everybody is still hopeful."  I mean, I am hopeful mainly because of the eco-system and the fairly positive response of US regulators. Besides that, even I, who am a "perma-bull" am not very hopeful of the current price. I feel fear. Others, if you have been watching closely, have either gone silent (Mbtac) or have said they are quitting. Plus there is a massive influx of trolls, with threads saying Bitcoin is going to die. DDosers smelled blood and went on the attack. Someone sold off 8000 BTC on btc-e. Crazy shit is going on everywhere.

I agree entirely with this. Compared to the 'to da moon' sentiment of 2-3 months ago. It's like night and day.

I don't think there are any permabulls posting at the moment who aren't feeling at least a little bit nervous.

The only sells I'll ever make are skimming a little play money. Significant trading for profit is not my bag. My primary goal for BTC is hedging its potential crash up, and so I sit and wait and watch.

My difficulty is when to commit more fiat. Experience has taught me not to try and second guess the price, so that leaves me with laddering down. I might not catch the bottom, I might not maximise my entry. I do guarantee that I take something out of this situation though.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

If you are reasonably confident of Bitcoin's long-term success, then you are "hopeful" and have no reason to sell. Then the price stays high, and this is what we are experiencing. If large holders lose confidence, then they sell, and crash follows.

Based on my research, the # of coins in small holders' hands may be so small now that it cannot shake the markets. And if someone was here during the April bubble, he is not prone to panicking. In 2011 there was no precedent so even large holders panicked and price spiraled down.

Then there is the February 14, which alone is a reason to sell your coins NOW. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Mixed signals. Trendline suggests we are still high. Also the bottoms so far this week have been flashcrashes with quick rebounds. (This has not been a property of the prior final capitulations, rather of the beginning of them.) Not enough negative sentiment, everybody is still hopeful. Even goxbtc trades at higher than is realistic imo. There are also negative events that could still happen.

Feeling of fear is a good sign, but not yet the sign to buy if the price is not there.

donator

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Risto, you still think btc will be at $300k in the future??

And also are you bullish or bearish now?

Hm.. I am starting to feel the fear in me. But it is OK, I have coins in an exchange and I sell them. Then I have fiat and feel good Smiley

(It is better to sell while the price is high)

Everybody do according to their own emotions.

This is what I mean by it feeling bottomy. I never felt like selling in any dips, but I do recall being nervous about what was happening when it was ~$2. Right now is the first time in ages that I have been having those similar feelings.

I am taking this as a personal indication that it's time to buy. It's terrifying buying into all this negative sentiment, but I figure that's where the best opportunities lie.

High price for a cheery consensus and all that.

I'm sure we'll look back at this thread when it hits 5 figures the same way we look back at all those single digit threads now.

i mean you won't be upset in a few months.
all of this is just the inherent ADD that's typical of the internet
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

Hm.. I am starting to feel the fear in me. But it is OK, I have coins in an exchange and I sell them. Then I have fiat and feel good Smiley

This is what I mean by it feeling bottomy. I never felt like selling in any dips, but I do recall being nervous about what was happening when it was ~$2. Right now is the first time in ages that I have been having those similar feelings.

I am taking this as a personal indication that it's time to buy. It's terrifying buying into all this negative sentiment, but I figure that's where the best opportunities lie.

High price for a cheery consensus and all that.

I'm sure we'll look back at this thread when it hits 5 figures the same way we look back at all those single digit threads now.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
But the SR takedown eliminated 100k+ XBT from the market.  We are still waiting on when the FBI will start selling them back into the market.

Just to throw another thought into the ring.. A few pages back someone mentioned that the flash crash yesterday was in ways a bit similar to the SR takedown and subsequent flash crash.

Remember what happened after that? We went on a rally. Support was proved, confidence was gained and it things got progressively more bullish.

I think we could be half-way there to having a similar outcome.

Gox is not gone yet, but it is dying. One after one, the voices in the bitcoin world came out and condemned it yesterday.

Coindesk removed it from its price index and many other similar operations followed suit.

It had been a bad joke for too long, everyone knew, but no-one quite knew the scale or the exact issue.

Yesterday cleared a lot of this up. They could still be insolvent too, we just don't know yet, but the community has seemed to turn it's back on Gox in a big way.
Good! They deserve it! But the job is only half done and there could be more bad (worse) news to come.

I guess my point is, much like the SR takedown helped to sanitise bitcoins image and proved support and increased confidence.

Yesterday's shenanigans could possibly have a similar effect. The general sentiment seems to be, Gox are assholes, shouldn't have said what they said, and they are to blame. Yes there is a flaw / bug in the protocol, but it is not new and has been known about for a long time. Their problems are their own fault.

We rebounded pretty quickly in my book. I sold a bit at 700 anticipating the dip.
We were back there in under 24 hours.
Sentiment looks good, in fact i'd say improved! Maybe we won't see $400 afterall.  

Could that have been the capitulation? Piggy backing on the news? Flash-capitulation anyone?

legendary

Then I assume u don't believe bitcoin is going to $300k right?

what is your longterm outlook?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Risto did we have final capitulation from last april bubble (by your rules)?

There were so much talk in the summer about $50 capitulation coins in jan-feb.2014.
Activity: 709
Merit: 503

http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5057/

To me it is refreshing to feel fear; it means something important/meaningful is happening.  Something is at risk.  Then when I pause to assess my situation I realize I only staked 2% of my wealth and was going to ride Bitcoin to the top or zero whichever comes first.

There is no reward without risk.  Risk without fear is not real risk.
donator

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Could it now start to be looking like final capitulation or something? At least there is quite big volume for this past week and if you zoom enough out on the chart it looks like it just might have been long enough to go up. I tend to think that the cycles of rallies are getting faster and more close to each other and on 3day and 1week charts it looks something like last april and beyond that on faster speed?

The local bottom that the market is experiencing now (or maybe tomorrow) will only be the end of 1 / 3 of wave C. In 2013, it happened around 3rd May at 80$.
After this bottom, there should be 2 ascending sub-sub-waves, 3 descending, another 2 ascending and then the final capitulation, the last 3 sub-sub-waves, with much despair.
But a market collapse due to mass loss of confidence could mess up the wave structure. Let's hope the current issues will be sorted out quickly. I don't want very cheap coins.
legendary

donator
Could it now start to be looking like final capitulation or something? At least there is quite big volume for this past week and if you zoom enough out on the chart it looks like it just might have been long enough to go up. I tend to think that the cycles of rallies are getting faster and more close to each other and on 3day and 1week charts it looks something like last april and beyond that on faster speed?

No.

The price is too high relative to the trend (about 0). Currently 400 daily average would suffice.

Also no panic, no desperation.

ADD: And we seem to have some real Bitcoinwide issues at hand. I am surprised why price is so high tbh! I can't withdraw or spend my bitcoin, but I can still sell them at Bitstamp and get fiat out of it.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Bullshit, all bullshit. Big players want out. So they fake the market with the very USD that they received yesterday from the first wave of selling. How many times this has to happen before you realize? Ask Loaded for details, which he unfortunately cannot give you Wink

LOL!

He trades on Bitfinex of all places and the concept of magic moving liar walls seems to be lost on him.

I must have missed this record breaking Bid wall on Stamp, as there isn't nothing going on there out of the ordinary as far as I can tell.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader

It looks like more than just a rally. It's a huge fking bidwall, 8 million new dollars on the books, in front of the bottom, overnight. It just rose from a total of 15.5M to 16.5M as I was typing this, almost to ATH. Now the book looks completely warped into the bulls favor. How are you going to get through that? It's going to take an immense pressure, and that huge bid could be could be regenerating the whole time.

Exactly like in mid-june. After some days of stagnation, the huge rally that the imbalance in the order book portended took the price from $100 all the way to $115. That's when the final act of the spring bubble started.

I don't think that we have seen the bottom. The good news is that I feel, thanks to the movement of these days, that we won't have to wait longer than this month to test the validity of my assesment.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
But instead they've decided to point fingers and spread the fud, knowing that it would cause a crash and damage their reputation even more.

The only motive for their act is ultimate desperation.
Jump to: