Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 157. (Read 845582 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 151
They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 03:04:01 PM
But focusing on good and driving off evilish impulse require discipline and will power.

You can detect evil ways by contrast to what is good, and by focusing will power on the good, it allow to keep devil things at bay.

Good luck with that.

Your life is yours. I have my simple rules.

1. You can not lift yourself by the belt. You need something to support yourself with.
2. Im my worst enemy. If i will not lie to myself noone will lie to me.
3. Having strong will is possibility of having a strong enemy. Namely myself.

Just a food for your thoughts.

Yes there are strong enmies, even within yourself, otherwise there would be no need for religion at all  Cheesy

But there are different way to see this, ultimately enmy is mostly ignorance, darkness as lack of light, or lack of something.

It's how algebra works, by restoring balance by resolving unknown lacking quantities Wink ( see book of balance )
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
August 01, 2017, 03:01:46 PM
But focusing on good and driving off evilish impulse require discipline and will power.

You can detect evil ways by contrast to what is good, and by focusing will power on the good, it allow to keep devil things at bay.

Good luck with that.

Your life is yours. I have my simple rules.

1. You can not lift yourself by the belt. You need something to support yourself with.
2. Im my worst enemy. If i will not lie to myself noone will lie to me.
3. Having strong will is possibility of having a strong enemy. Namely myself. Its a possibily of having a strong ally as well. I do not say that strenght is bad. Nec Hercules contra plures.

Just a food for your thoughts.
They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 02:20:14 PM
The last episode of the clone war anime series give good clue on this Smiley

Yoda speaking to his dark side :

I recognize you, but I dont accept you , and I reject you Grin

Star wars is just a mind control tool. If I would be more divinelike I would not have need to know the "dark side". I know that Im a curious being. Im not proud of it. I like to know the evil ways out of curiousity. It turn against me as my torment. But at least I know I tormented myself.

God had told me in the Bible not to.

As the nondivine saying goes - no pain no gain.

The Yoda thing is illustration Smiley

Every human has weakness, the capacity of discrimination between the two is large part of what religion is about.

Sinful nature are mostly automatism from the body, desires, impulses, what psychologists call the subconscious.

They need to be recognized as sins, and fought against with the power of the spirit.

In the bible it's said the evil has thousand path, but only one lead to "good".

Look at how the budha can burn the demons and Evil who try to reach him creating the bubble with his will power through meditation and keep his zen no matter what with the will power Smiley

Meditation is training of will power.

http://biblehub.com/niv/psalms/91.htm

1Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.a
2I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

5You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
August 01, 2017, 01:59:09 PM

Star wars is just a mind control tool. If I would be more divinelike I would not have need to know the "dark side". I know that Im a curious being. Im not proud of it. I like to know the evil ways out of curiousity. It turn against me as my torment. But at least I know I tormented myself.

God had told me in the Bible not to.

As the nondivine saying goes - no pain no gain.
They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 01:53:13 PM

Confucius say something along this line too, about the need for the stone to be hard enough to polish the metal .
August 01, 2017, 01:49:09 PM
BTW. You had said something very important here. You say you want to control sin. I mean you say you want to control the body - and you agree its sinful.

Neither Nietzsche, neither Christ, neither me have stated its possible. Do you think that "controlling your sinful nature" doesnt produce the sinful need?

Thats purely impossibility not to fight monster and become one. Thats why christians should not hate their enemies. We should have nothing in common with our enemies. Hatered is very intimate relation.

I do not try to combat evil... I know I cant without becoming evil. Thats just nonesence from a christian point of view.

Betterment yourself against evil is as much of a nonesence as there could be - from a christian point of view. Not only christian, but facts as well. One should try to not having anything in common with the evil, mainly its passions.

Sorry if i offtopiced, but you imply important things. Not implicite tho.
They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 01:40:34 PM

Human nature is sinful. I would surprise you. A believer who quotes Nietzsche

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

If you gaze long enough into your sinful body - the sin gaze at you

Sorry... but I do not know what you try to make here. Christianity and Hinduism are not able to be meaningfuly combined.

Chan budhism is not hinduism Smiley

In some path of hinduism there is this thing with atman & brahman with the non dualism who leaning toward concepts from christianism.

To control something, you must first know this thing.

Yoga like with asanas is lot about discipline of the body.

But it's a two way thing, denying existence of sinful nature of the body is when you force some kind of repression on things.

But I can find more in depth explanation of this.

Even some verse from Paul in the bible advocate this sort of training of the body, asana yoga is all about this.

I rest my case. I know too little about the yoga to say anything meaningful here.

All I know is that the body must be your temple. If you do not abuse it, that does not make me conspicious. If you abuse your body to "discipline it"(the magical word of the Rome - the Harlett), than I have right to be conspicious about it.

It that easy, as divinity should be.

Even some verse from Paul in the bible advocate this sort of training of the body, asana yoga is all about this.

http://biblehub.com/niv/1_corinthians/9.htm

The Need for Self-Discipline

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

The practice of zen to reach internal discipline of empty mind is not as easy as this Smiley

It take years of practice to be able to reach constant state of empty mind & Control of one thoughts.
August 01, 2017, 01:39:00 PM

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.

Sorry... but I do not know what you try to make here. Christianity and Hinduism are not able to be meaningfuly combined.

In some path of hinduism there is this thing with atman & brahman with the non dualism who leaning toward concepts from christianism.

But it's a two way thing, denying existence of sinful nature of the body is when you force some kind of repression on things.

I rest my case. I know too little about the yoga to say anything meaningful here.

All I know is that the body must be your temple. If you do not abuse it, that does not make me conspicious. If you abuse your body to "discipline it"(the magical word of the Rome - the Harlett), than I have right to be conspicious about it.

It that easy, as divinity should be.

Im far from not abusing my body. At least I know its wrong.... I would love to be stronger and less sinful. A lot of years in sin had made me weak. Maybe some day I will be stronger with the God help.
They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 01:31:20 PM

August 01, 2017, 01:21:28 PM

The true "zen meditation" is at most focusing on breathing or so.

I see nothing wrong with breathing and breathing techniques. So... yeah. Thats a form that could be furthered with caution in my opinion.
They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 01:16:19 PM
Zen meditation is not forcefull Smiley

They say trying to reach zen with effort is like washing blood with more blood.

Kirushnamurti give good description of how practice zen meditation.

So I have a wrong impression about the meditation than, if thats true. I do not claim to own the truth. Im very, very sceptical of meditation from what I had read. And I would suggest for others to be careful as well. Thats my message.

Yes i know what you mean Smiley

For me the only "good form" of budhism is the chan budhism Wink

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Buddhism

Lot of meditation practice like with mantra or rituals is different thing Smiley

The true "zen meditation" is at most focusing on breathing or so.
August 01, 2017, 01:12:21 PM

So I have a wrong impression about the meditation than, if thats true. I do not claim to own the truth. Im very, very sceptical of meditation from what I had read. And I would suggest for others to be careful as well. Thats my message.

They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 01:09:17 PM

https://tomdas.com/2016/03/23/jiddu-krishnamurti-true-meditation/

Meditation is never the control of the body. There is no actual division between the organism and the mind. The brain, the nervous system and the thing we call the mind are one, indivisible. It is the natural act of meditation that brings about the harmonious movement of the whole. To divide the body from the mind and to control the body with intellectual decisions is to bring about contradiction, from which arise various forms of struggle, conflict and resistance.
August 01, 2017, 01:02:19 PM
You had queoted the scriptures. Know that its the servants of the Lord who answers to the Lord, not a guy who meditates. They are quite and humble. They are not empty headed ok? They wait and wait and wait. They do not, meditate, meditate and meditate. Mind you.

There is a difference between emptying your head by making a trance, with being quiet and humble ok? Do not mix those two concepts please.

By making yourself hollow you might be emptying yourself from God. That my opinion on meditation.

Emptying your mind is not making yourself hollow , on the contrary.

You are emptying yourself forcefully. That is enough to say that its not Godly. I know how meditation suppose to work. You suppose to become trancelike. You make yourself empty by possibly forcing the God out if he is in.

Don't mix being silent with meditation. Being silent is to listen. Being in a meditation in my opinion is screaming a trancelike nonsense.

Maybe I have a wrong impression but thats what I had read how to "empty" your mind.

P.S Don't try to imply that if monks do something - its good. I have a very bad opinion about the monasteries.
They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 12:59:18 PM
You had queoted the scriptures. Know that its the servants of the Lord who answers to the Lord, not a guy who meditates. They are quite and humble. They are not empty headed ok? They wait and wait and wait. They do not, meditate, meditate and meditate. Mind you.

There is a difference between emptying your head by making a trance, with being quiet and humble ok? Do not mix those two concepts please.

By making yourself hollow you might be emptying yourself from God. That my opinion on meditation.

Emptying your mind is not making yourself hollow , on the contrary.

God is within us, not on the things of earth.
August 01, 2017, 12:57:27 PM

What I know is that silencing yourself is not emptying yourself ok? Maybe I have wrong impression of meditation. But thats what I was told meditation is.
They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 12:54:00 PM
I dont try to summon anything lol  Roll Eyes

It's said in the bible god is within us Smiley

Can be seen as silent prayer Smiley

Many Monks spend time in isolation, make vow of silence etc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monastic_silence

Monastic silence is a spiritual practice recommended in a variety of religious traditions for purposes including facilitation of approaching deity, and achieving elevated states of spiritual purity.[1] It may be in accordance with a monk's formal vow of silence, but can also engage laity who have not taken vows, or novices who are preparing to take vows. Monastic silence is more highly developed in the Roman Catholic faith than in Protestantism, but it is not limited to Catholicism. The practice has a corresponding manifestation in the Orthodox church, which teaches that silence is a means to access the deity, to develop self-knowledge,[2] or to live more harmoniously.[3] Theophilus, patriarch of Alexandria, placed the virtue of silence on par with the faith itself in a synodal letter from AD 400. "Monks—if they wish to be what they are called—will love silence and the Catholic faith, for nothing at all is more important than these two things." [4]

In the book Silence, The Still Small Voice of God, Andrew March establishes the roots of silence doctrine in the Psalms attributed to David. "Benedict and his monastics would know from chanting the Psalter every week the verse that follows: “I was silent and still; I held my peace to no avail; my distress grew worse, my heart became hot within me. While I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue” (Psalm 39: 3).

St. Norbet's Arts Center[6] also anchors its views on silence in the Old Testament: "For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation." (Psalm 62)
August 01, 2017, 12:42:52 PM
Science study more and more dangers of meditation my friend.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/meditation-is-touted-as-a-cure-for-mental-instability-but-can-it-actually-be-bad-for-you-10268291.html

I know its not a science yournal, but you get the picture. If you are not let by God, you are let by demons its simple as that... not some higher possibilities of yours.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

I do not command the lord when he should speak. He just does.

Those spirits that lie to you that are at your service are those spirits of lie and deceit. You can not command any spirit - do not be lied those who speak otherwise.

If you think you can summon some "higher being" by your "prayer" or meditation however you call it, you are being decieved, and know you will have to pay for its "obedience". Ofcourse spirits does not obey i just wanted to point out its a decievery.

P.S. you had queoted the scriptures. Know that its the servants of the Lord who answers to the Lord, not a guy who meditates. They are quite and humble. They are not empty headed ok? They wait and wait and wait. They do not, meditate, meditate and meditate. Mind you.
They're tactical
August 01, 2017, 12:40:37 PM
Science study more & more the benefits of meditation and sensorial deprivation, it has nothing to do with demons or hinduism, even prayer is close to this, even it's why churches are kept very silent because it known it trigger special state of consciousness.

http://www.soulshepherding.org/2011/02/shhhh-silent-prayer-church/

The prophet urges us, “The Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him” (Habakkuk 1:13).  The Psalmist invites us to “Be still and know” the Lord, to worship the holy God with him (Psalm 46:10). The Lord showed Elijah and us that to sense his presence and hear his message we need to be quiet and listen for the “still, small voice” of the Holy Spirit (1 Kings 19:12).

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/carlmccolman/2016/02/seven-blessings-of-silent-prayer/

The veda is still interesting Smiley budhism is different from hinduism.
August 01, 2017, 12:35:16 PM
There is one single proof of the Genesis in the bible. Its sonulominescence:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoluminescence

Its the creation of light from the sound. Everything is a form of vibration - voice. Everything. You, me, the electronic device infront of you - etc etc.

And everything is light and as light. But the voice is prior to that.

God's Blueprint: Scientific evidence that Earth was created for humans

I don't understand anything other than - animals are better than humans because they are less conciouss. If they are less conciouss they are more conciouss. Is it only me, or someone else is seeing absurd in this?

I would say that animals could be agitated, but agitation is far from being conciouss. I have an agitation in the stomach sometimes- gut feelings. Its far from conciousness - its actually the opposite to conciousness.

What are you implying? Btw thats not a science. Its scientism at best. Someone is saying we had discovered. How? When? What methods you have used? How to verify it?

The book takes on theory from pribram and Bohm, both famous scientist, who studied consciousness a bit deeper than 3rd grade science.

Look at all the experiments made by pribram on consciousness, you ll see it's far less simple than what they teach at 3rd grade school science class Smiley

The thing with earth quake and animal has been noticed many times. Its not exactly proven, but there are still research and cases, It's not easy to replicate without destroying a city though lol

As well as how we can become more "tuned" to events and future with certain practice like meditation or sensoriel deprivation.

Those technics are know to all cultures in budhism or other who dont spend their life hypnotized by tv or facebook thinking science is limited to micro wave ovens and iphone.

Having more noise or active thought in the brain is not necessarily being "more conscious" Wink

Sorry... but as a guy who believes that the Bible is the word of God, your babbling about meditation bringing higher brain capacity I have to say you are talking about the demons here. And its surely not a higher brain capacity but a demon possesion.

I would think twice if I were you before getting yourself be guided by the evil spirits.

In my opinion Hinduism is the closest religion to the Babylonian religion of the king Nimrod. I do not have a good opinion about Hinduism and what you want to imply here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/meditation-is-touted-as-a-cure-for-mental-instability-but-can-it-actually-be-bad-for-you-10268291.html

At first every experience with demons is fine. But then it gets worse, and worse, and worse, until you can not sense how bad it is. Like every addiction, meditation is bad if you rely on it do something for you.
Jump to: