Pages:
Author

Topic: [self-moderated] Report unmerited good posts to Merit Source - page 6. (Read 51883 times)

Activity: 1355
Merit: 67
I found this very informative especially for new people who has no idea on how to manage their funds.
user: EarnOnVictor
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61094642
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Hi Seniors,

I have seen some good posts on my local board page as I found these posts informative for myself and for my fellow members of the community Re Pakistan the unofficial local board as there are just a few active members still activity on the board is average. Shahzadafzal is one of our active senior members there, He supports the community as much as he can still there are some posts that I thought deserve to be merited.

Poster :Ronzybloch

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61057791
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61116863
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61122169

Poster: Morningstarr

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61094918
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
it's really hard not to let bad english affect your judgment sometimes.
I don't mind bad English if someone has a technical problem and asks for help. But if it's a more general discussion, it quickly becomes annoying. Especially on Bitcoin Discussion, when I read a topic I now have several users per page on ignore, and when I see them, it reminds me the board isn't worth my time.

Every now and then, I see a certain type of broken english with random capital letters, erratic spacing and inconsistent misspellings, and that just smacks of laziness
That's easy: Ignore!

it's very difficult for me not to think: "What a fecking idiot." Undecided
Why even stop yourself from thinking that? There are idiots on the internet. Hurting their feelings is okay.
Activity: 510
Merit: 3981
I don't get those people: Detritus has earned 86 Merit since he gained access to the (Member) account. Even though he's "nonstop shitposting in very broken English", I've definitely seen worse and only 3 deleted posts isn't much. If he would have started with a Brand New account, he'd be close to Full Member now.
Yup, it's odd. Detritus is clearly capable of ranking up on his own, maybe he underestimated himself? Detritus, if you're reading this, and if you're wondering what to do now, here's what I think: Just start again, from scratch; you'll be back to where you are right now pretty quickly!

Allow me to highlight that "broken English" is allowed:
I do want to hear the thoughts of people who can't speak perfect English, people with extreme/offensive ideas, people who are rude while still making legitimate points, etc.
Yeah, that's an admirable position for theymos to have, but man; it's really hard not to let bad english affect your judgment sometimes. Every now and then, I see a certain type of broken english with random capital letters, erratic spacing and inconsistent misspellings, and that just smacks of laziness, you know? When I run into posters (not Detritus, just making up an example) that write stuff like this: "I concord! But ARe investing on  crypto a fine idea? is crpyo safe?", it's very difficult for me not to think: "What a fecking idiot." Undecided
legendary
I think you made the right call; I don't like making life harder for people, but accounts should never change hands, no ifs, ands or buts.
They never seem to learn that posting anything Merit-related gets their account scrutinized Cheesy
I don't get those people: Detritus has earned 86 Merit since he gained access to the (Member) account. Even though he's "nonstop shitposting in very broken English", I've definitely seen worse and only 3 deleted posts isn't much. If he would have started with a Brand New account, he'd be close to Full Member now.

Allow me to highlight that "broken English" is allowed:
I do want to hear the thoughts of people who can't speak perfect English, people with extreme/offensive ideas, people who are rude while still making legitimate points, etc.
I saw that post as well and remain unmoved.  Hope his "noddle" business thrives to the point where he can buy a wristwatch that isn't cracked, but as far as the forum is concerned he isn't the old-school member that one would think he is based on his profile--and for that reason, I'm tagging him just like I'd tag anyone else who's bought or hacked an account.
I don't know why I find your unrelenting harshness (even in the face of heart-wrenching context) so funny, but I do! Smiley

I think you made the right call; I don't like making life harder for people, but accounts should never change hands, no ifs, ands or buts.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Maybe I'm a soft touch that's being duped by a selfie that isn't even him, but man; I know that look, and that's a dude that's just trying his best to keep his head above water. I don't really have a point, just sharing my thoughts.
I saw that post as well and remain unmoved.  Hope his "noddle" business thrives to the point where he can buy a wristwatch that isn't cracked, but as far as the forum is concerned he isn't the old-school member that one would think he is based on his profile--and for that reason, I'm tagging him just like I'd tag anyone else who's bought or hacked an account.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
I don't know whether this post of mine will be acceptable here. These are the post I made in my local board. The post are about the educational system of Nigeria

Explanation: I talked about how much paid for university lecturers from top to low, starting from the year 2019 to date

Explanation: You are among the unsmart ones thinking that education is a scam.

Re: Education is a scam
Explanation: The reason and mindset of those that think education is a scam.
Yeah, I agree with both of the posters above me (TP and LoyceV), Detritus' writing style and technical knowledge have both taken a nosedive compared to his older posts.

The rest of this post is a bit of an unfocused and subjective ramble, so feel free to skip it.

I was busy collecting snips to show the obvious difference in tone and expertise between the old account owner and the new one, and while they're hilarious to look at side-by-side, I sobered up pretty quickly after finding a post (with two selfies) about the new account owner's little noodle business. It's easy (for me, anyway) to think of people that bought their account as being morally bankrupt bastards, but it's much harder to be so severe when you can see their face. Maybe I'm a soft touch that's being duped by a selfie that isn't even him, but man; I know that look, and that's a dude that's just trying his best to keep his head above water. I don't really have a point, just sharing my thoughts.
legendary
Upon returning, it's nonstop shitposting in very broken English, and the substance of the posts indicates that Detritus is only posting to get paid.
It looks like that. From GUIDE - Make your own open frame rig. to shitposting about a $400,000 watch in 9 years.

OR he bought/hacked the account.
Probably. If it would be his own account, he could have fixed the images in his guide and reported that thread to be Merited.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Thanks OP, It will please me if you have the time to review my post, thanks. I have got merited from "Fillippone" on some good post, I have Also send a review DM to "The pharmacist" upon request,but have not received feed back, I believe his still busy with other DMs, if you have time to spear, please 🙏 look through my post thanks.
Yeah, about that.....I strongly suspect you're not the original owner of your account and I'm not giving you any merits.  Your account was registered in 2011, and back then all of the posts were intelligent and in nearly perfect English up until 2013, after which there's a huge gap in posting with the account returning in June of this year. 

Upon returning, it's nonstop shitposting in very broken English, and the substance of the posts indicates that Detritus is only posting to get paid.  Either Detritus suffered a brain injury so severe that he went from being very knowledgeable about tech to being unable to compose a single sentence without errors and demonstrating considerably less proficiency in the technical aspects of crypto OR he bought/hacked the account.

It's probably off-topic, but I'd like to hear opinions on this, and I'm going to use this post as reference if I decide to tag Detritus.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Hi Dear Members here i am posting a few posts from my Local Section as i think these posts are informative enough for our local members especially those who are joining recently as many members joined so a few good posts are follow from different profiles,

Section: Local Board (Pakistan)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61009904
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61019954
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.60979655

Author: Ronzybloch

Section: Local Board (Pakistan)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61017436

Author: ZAINmalik75

Section: Bitcoin Discussion  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.60998795

Author: Myself
Activity: 742
Merit: 392
In my humble opinion, you should set slightly higher standards when evaluating a post as worthy of the merits award. Specifically in this case, someone who considers Belarus a crypto-friendly country in 2022 has lost his compass a bit.

I also see that you found at least one post of yours that you think is good (I'm not saying it isn't), but it's a little weird to nominate yourself, even though there's probably no rule against it.

I'm glad to get your attention and a suggestion. and I welcome your suggestions. and I am open to criticism and other suggestions. maybe my standards are still low for you. because my experience and knowledge is still below yours. and I will try to raise my standards in the next patrol. although maybe the results will still be posts that are below the standard of one of the sources of merit. because I see that every Merit Source has its own criteria and standards. at least I tried to take the posts that were considered there was an effort in making them (not carelessly). so I appreciate such an effort. although sometimes the content in the post is not very useful but at least I see that there is more effort from the author in writing the post that deserves to be given an award for that effort. and is expected to be a motivation so that he is more enthusiastic in making a good post. maybe this is what makes the posts that I report become contaminated with posts that are brought standard. So from now on, if I still have sMerit, and find the post-post model less useful but I see an effort in it. then I won't include it in the report but I will send sMerit by myself if I still have sMerit left of course. and will only report really quality posts. Hopefully I can improve the quality of the contents of the report that I send next.
legendary
it's a little weird to nominate yourself
As long as the post is good, I'm not against it.

I'm behind in checking the most recent contributions to this topic, and my souce sMerit is piling up. I just haven't had the time to read all the (long) posts (and context in those topics) lately.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I've been patrolling today to find some good posts (By my standards). who may deserve more Award by the Merit Source. (Merit Sourch considerations) I hope this helps. Maybe next time I will continue this patrol again (Chapter 7), if this is considered good. Hope be motivation for all to make a good post.

3. Good Reply : Re: Best Crypto friendly country?

In my humble opinion, you should set slightly higher standards when evaluating a post as worthy of the merits award. Specifically in this case, someone who considers Belarus a crypto-friendly country in 2022 has lost his compass a bit.

I also see that you found at least one post of yours that you think is good (I'm not saying it isn't), but it's a little weird to nominate yourself, even though there's probably no rule against it.
I've been patrolling today to find some good posts (By my standards). who may deserve more Award by the Merit Source. (Merit Sourch considerations) I hope this helps. Maybe next time I will continue this patrol again (Chapter 7), if this is considered good. Hope be motivation for all to make a good post.

(Board : Bitcoin Discussion)
1. Title : Paths through bitcoin success

2. Good Reply : Re: Mining Bitcoin

3. Good Reply : Re: Best Crypto friendly country?

4. Good Reply : Re: How mentally prepared are you?

5. Good Reply : Re: Don't worry, bitcoin is cyclical

(Board : Economics)
1. Title : Business failure among small-scale entrepreneurs

2. Good Reply : Re: Business failure among small-scale entrepreneurs

3. Good Reply : Re: Russian Gas ban - A problem for Europe or suicide for Russia?

4. Good Reply : Re: UK Under Recession, Inflation Hitting World Strong Economies

5. Good Reply : Re: A great resignation is incoming to the IT powerhouse of the world

Chapter 6 : 2022-09-28
----------------------------------++-------------------------------

Activity: 295
Merit: 98
Thanks OP, It will please me if you have the time to review my post, thanks. I have got merited from "Fillippone" on some good post, I have Also send a review DM to "The pharmacist" upon request,but have not received feed back, I believe his still busy with other DMs, if you have time to spear, please 🙏 look through my post thanks.

Re: Everything stop
Category: Luna investment.
Section: Altcoin discussion

Re: Could the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto be British??

[Take advantage of crypto volatility] bear or bull market
Category: profit from bear or bull market
Section: Economy (trading discussion)

Re: Ex- Chancellor Rishi Sunak Could be Satoshi Nakamoto !
Category: taking Rishi Sunak as Satoshi
Section: Bitcoin discussion

Re: Invitation to teach Bitcoin in a school
Category: Teaching Bitcoin to secondary school students.

Re: Could the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto be British??
Category: Satoshi a British?
I've been patrolling today to find some good posts (By my standards). who may deserve more Award by the Merit Source. (Merit Sourch considerations) I hope this helps. Maybe next time I will continue this patrol again (Chapter 6), if this is considered good. Hope be motivation for all to make a good post.

(Board : Bitcoin Discussion)
1. Title : Several Phases of the Bitcoin Bear Market

2. Title : Gamma-Rays (5G) Network With Bitcoin Transaction Speed

3. Good Reply : Re: Do you own 1 Bitcoin? (2022 edition)

4. Good Reply : Re: South Africa Delivers the most Bitcoin-friendly Innovation

5. Good Reply : Re: I Opened another business were I accept Bitcoin

6. Good Reply : Re: Is Bitcoin anti-inflation?

(Board : Economics)
1. Title : What define your success, "money, fame or achievement"?

2. Good Reply : Re: What define your success, "money, fame or achievement"?

3. Good Reply : Re: How Will Investing Help the Economy of a Country

4. Good Reply : Re: Banks are changing ..... Bitcoin should wake up and innovate more!

5. Title : Alert: Important US Inflation news is due today

Chapter 5 : 2022-09-17
----------------------------------++-------------------------------

Activity: 1260
Merit: 393
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Pages:
Jump to: