Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 19. (Read 24188 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 104
- Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
February 25, 2019, 04:04:43 PM
I think STO can solve a number of problems. STO is a new, more professional level, both in terms of the development of the cryptoindustry and in terms of investment.
We are just beginning to have some STO projects in the crypto space and I think we should give them some little time, to test their performance level.
Personally, I am yet to experience the reality and the true definition of what an STO is in the real sense of it.
I have only read about them, but I think their results will speak volume about them.
I do not know what possibility of promoting a startup will be more relevant, but in any case, it seems to me that with the current scale of increasing the number of fraud in the cryptocurrency market, every user should have legal protection. Proceeding from this, it is impossible to do without regulatory bodies.
Of course, legal protection will be very relevant for the development of the entire cryptocurrency market. New projects will attract a lot of investment and prices will grow on coins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
February 23, 2019, 03:58:11 PM
I think STO can solve a number of problems. STO is a new, more professional level, both in terms of the development of the cryptoindustry and in terms of investment.
We are just beginning to have some STO projects in the crypto space and I think we should give them some little time, to test their performance level.
Personally, I am yet to experience the reality and the true definition of what an STO is in the real sense of it.
I have only read about them, but I think their results will speak volume about them.
I do not know what possibility of promoting a startup will be more relevant, but in any case, it seems to me that with the current scale of increasing the number of fraud in the cryptocurrency market, every user should have legal protection. Proceeding from this, it is impossible to do without regulatory bodies.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
February 23, 2019, 03:07:30 PM
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
February 23, 2019, 07:32:02 AM
ICO, in simple terms, is a type of crowdfunding. STO (a type of private placement of securities) is aimed at a different audience, as only professional investors can participate in it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 17
February 23, 2019, 07:16:47 AM
In this matter, not everything is so simple. On the one hand, market regulation is good, but on the other hand, this does not always have a positive effect on the market. However, I agree that fraudsters must be fought.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
February 23, 2019, 07:00:50 AM
I fully agree with your thoughts. I believe that there should be a regulatory ICO and which will protect investors' funds from losses.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
February 23, 2019, 06:42:37 AM
Yep investors must know who are team members to avoid from scams because sometimes users who don't understand what market needs, how works blockchain and even ICO try to make ICO.
Activity: 789
Merit: 100
February 23, 2019, 06:41:51 AM
I agree that all ICOs must be regulated and all the information about the team should be available and open because there are already many ICOs whose team only aims to raise money for a project that nobody needs and worse when the team collects money and disappears without a trace.The regulation automatically reduces the number of ICOs
Activity: 798
Merit: 252
February 23, 2019, 06:33:59 AM
ICOs really need to be regulated ,i think that is what the market really need especially now that so many scam projects are out there.
In fact scam projects always look for new investors and there are different tricks to attract that people. Regulation will bring more safety and freedom to crypto sector and it will not be easy to enter market without proper work,team and more.

The most effective way to make it harder for scammers is self-education. All of us will make a mistake once, or maybe even twice, but over time it will get harder for the scammers as their schemes need to become more original.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
February 18, 2019, 09:23:40 AM
I dont like regulation. It seems to me that regulation is the first step of centralization. But due to extensive fraudulent activities in ICO, i think some regulation should be introduced. We need complete info about team, whether their info are legit or not. A project may fail but someone just appears with fancy ideas, gather few millions and run away with all hopes and money, this has to be stopped
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
February 18, 2019, 09:13:37 AM
ICOs really need to be regulated ,i think that is what the market really need especially now that so many scam projects are out there.
In fact scam projects always look for new investors and there are different tricks to attract that people. Regulation will bring more safety and freedom to crypto sector and it will not be easy to enter market without proper work,team and more.
Activity: 434
Merit: 1
February 18, 2019, 09:09:43 AM
copper member
Activity: 126
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
February 18, 2019, 09:08:14 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

ICO's might be uncontrollable, even if there is a regulation in the market, still there are some ICO's that will going to make its own way to deceive people to fall to their traps with fraud tactics.
Merit: 250
homt.net
February 18, 2019, 08:45:17 AM
Considering the high level of scam associated with ICOs presently, many investors are at risk of loosing their investments. Bounty hunters like us are not spared as we may be rendering free services to some scammers and also risking our personal data.

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

I think you might be right in your opinion about ICO regulations because investors have lost so much money in recent times because of scam ICO projects,so it's necessary some level of regulations are needed to keep the ICO environment decent
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
February 18, 2019, 08:40:27 AM
Most definitely, regulating of ICOs would help reduce
It can reduce scams ICO, but who will regulate that one?
We know that every countries have their own policies and so on, if its good to other one, the other country will make an opposite decision. Regulation will play a big role, though it must be organized as well.
Merit: 252
February 18, 2019, 08:37:31 AM
I often look into this topic, many agree that regulation is extremely necessary , but so far I have not seen proposals on how to implement it and I do not even imagine myself, this is the problem, how to implement it all?

Regulation is difficult to develop and implement if something is brand new. We have seen the same problems with the internet itself back then.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
February 17, 2019, 05:17:56 PM
I think that the ICO regulation is necessary, but the main thing that it did not become a witch hunt. There are too many fraudulent ICO at the moment.
copper member
Activity: 307
February 17, 2019, 04:59:22 PM
The answer is a simple yes. Many fraudulent icos has sprang up in the last few months of which has scam many of their funds. With regulations the rate of scam ico coming up ona daily basis will reduce very well
Activity: 386
Merit: 178
February 17, 2019, 04:14:49 PM
The ICO sector has fraudulent activities, but investors can make the right investment decision by doing research. There are useful information on these forum pages. People have the time to spend time in this forum. Storage of personal information is important. Be careful when using personal information on each platform. This is my advice.
Activity: 386
Merit: 10
February 17, 2019, 04:10:33 PM
I think that today it makes sense to talk about it, because a huge part of the projects still have very strange features like scam projects. I guess we really can not do without a tool that would control the sector.
that is what makes investors very careful now and tends to look lonely. nobody regulates this sector so they are free to make ico or scam projects that will harm many people.
Pages:
Jump to: