Pages:
Author

Topic: SilkRoad domain Seized? - page 11. (Read 46621 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
October 02, 2013, 04:43:50 PM
One of the very worst things about Bitcoin is the lunatic fringe it has attracted, no thanks to SR. I hope now it's gone people like you will leave our community and never come back

+1 As more and more legit people adopt bitcoins, these people will be pushed out the community.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
October 02, 2013, 04:46:47 PM
It's appalling to post that you think murder is an acceptable form of justice!. One of the very worst things about Bitcoin is the lunatic fringe it has attracted, no thanks to SR. I hope now it's gone people like you will leave our community and never come back.

The fact that some idiot thinks I'm "authoritarian" for merely being unsurprised at Ulbricht's true nature just shows how deluded some people really were. You didn't have to be a genius to see that he might be dangerous.

Yes, it might turn out that the entire set of conversations were a total fiction pulled out of some law enforcers arse. In that case I will take back these words. But somehow I doubt it. Parallel construction is not the same thing as simply inventing non-existent documents out of thin air.

+1

I hope that this SR never comes back online, and I hope to every similar site to get down right away, we do not need these experiences around this community Bitcoin was a Nobel Idea, now people who supported the SR GTFO there is no such thing here anymore.....

I am so shocked.. I cant describe... selling drugs then killing people is making justice Huh!!!!... where is your humanity ?

legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin
October 02, 2013, 04:46:25 PM
It's appalling to post that you think murder is an acceptable form of justice!. One of the very worst things about Bitcoin is the lunatic fringe it has attracted, no thanks to SR. I hope now it's gone people like you will leave our community and never come back.

The fact that some idiot thinks I'm "authoritarian" for merely being unsurprised at Ulbricht's true nature just shows how deluded some people really were. You didn't have to be a genius to see that he might be dangerous.

Yes, it might turn out that the entire set of conversations were a total fiction pulled out of some law enforcers arse. In that case I will take back these words. But somehow I doubt it. Parallel construction is not the same thing as simply inventing non-existent documents out of thin air.
+1   - I think its safe to say that some people who use "drugs" probably don't think straight when it comes to common sense decisions. It isn't a coincidence that most "drug related" incidents was caused by such an obvious error that baffles the minds of people who see it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 02, 2013, 04:45:31 PM
It said that messages sent in March and April indicated he had "solicited a murder-for-hire" of a Canadian Silk Road user nicknamed FriendlyChemist who had tried to extort money by threatening to release the identities of thousands of the site's users.

Subsequent messages indicated he had been sent a photograph of the victim after paying $150,000 to have the blackmailer killed.

"I've received the picture and deleted it. Thank you again for your swift action," Mr Ulbricht is alleged to have written to an assassin.

However, the court documents note that Canadian law enforcers have said there was no record of a homicide taking place in White Rock, British Columbia at the time.

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24373759

Maybe the murder is a set up?

If they have had access since July the surely they would have known about this and busted him sooner. Is that not First Degree?
Theres no word saying that the victim had 3 kids or even if the murder happened. Maybe it is a setup story, or he got scammed for his bitcoins.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 02, 2013, 04:43:58 PM
wow.. he's against hitmen?  What a hypocrite piece of shit..

Indeed.

That's assuming the government's story is on the up and up, an assumption that can no longer be made from the outset.

No I was agreeing with calling those that are against using the hitman a hypocrite. I would if someone blackmailed me and I thought I would get away with it. You guys would not? Seriously Huh

The blackmail was about nothing more than MONEY.  Once you hire a hitman, it's about someone's LIFE, and is considered a whole new level.  It's hard not to sympathize with a man with 3 kids, do you think they deserve to see their daddy murdered just because he tried to blackmail someone?

That is not DPR's responsibility but that blackmailing scumbag's.
Hey we can't allow people to kill each other.
That's were I draw the line.
You kill someone you go to jail/go to the chair.
Simple as that.
Activity: 210
October 02, 2013, 04:43:10 PM
Is it possible to forge forum messages? What mechanism prevents an admin from doing so on this forum, or the silk road forum?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
October 02, 2013, 04:42:23 PM
So, I wonder what Barry Silbert thinks about this news. Will it stop his SecondMarket project?

I bet they knew it was coming, and organized for a buy Smiley

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what happened. He wanted this right before convincing a bunch of investors to dump boatloads of cash into Bitcoin.

So what your telling me is the other day when they announced there project, they bought the coins immediately?  I highly doubt it.  He was merely letting the world know he was taking on investments.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1134
October 02, 2013, 04:41:50 PM

October 02, 2013, 04:41:48 PM
DPR, or Ross Ulbircht, does seem like a good man, very educated, but if he did hire for kill, then may I say I am deeply ashamed of him for that, we all looked at this guy as a life saver, but then yet... Murder, and nobody can confirm that source, since many other articles are saying other things about him, and none did coe up with wife and 3 kids.

It said that messages sent in March and April indicated he had "solicited a murder-for-hire" of a Canadian Silk Road user nicknamed FriendlyChemist who had tried to extort money by threatening to release the identities of thousands of the site's users.

Subsequent messages indicated he had been sent a photograph of the victim after paying $150,000 to have the blackmailer killed.

"I've received the picture and deleted it. Thank you again for your swift action," Mr Ulbricht is alleged to have written to an assassin.

However, the court documents note that Canadian law enforcers have said there was no record of a homicide taking place in White Rock, British Columbia at the time.
October 02, 2013, 04:40:39 PM
DPR, or Ross Ulbircht, does seem like a good man, very educated, but if he did hire for kill, then may I say I am deeply ashamed of him for that, we all looked at this guy as a life saver, but then yet... Murder, and nobody can confirm that source, since many other articles are saying other things about him, and none did coe up with wife and 3 kids.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
October 02, 2013, 04:39:50 PM
Indeed.
That's assuming the government's story is on the up and up, an assumption that can no longer be made from the outset.
No I was agreeing with calling those that are against using the hitman a hypocrite. I would if someone blackmailed me and I thought I would get away with it. You guys would not? Seriously Huh
The blackmail was about nothing more than MONEY.  Once you hire a hitman, it's about someone's LIFE, and is considered a whole new level.  It's hard not to sympathize with a man with 3 kids, do you think they deserve to see their daddy murdered just because he tried to blackmail someone?

I think it's too early to speculate but a lot more was at stake. If the blackmailer had released compromising information about SR users this could result in a lot more broken families.
As a libertarian, DPR was acting within the non-agression principle

Wow, so now "libertarians" justify cold-blooded murder in order to protect "their property"? They justify paying a hitman after having received a picture of a corpse as a proof the murder was indeed committed, so they can protect their source of income?

Let me vomit on US-libertarian "ideals" if that is true. A fact remains: 99% of crimes are property related. True anarchists (the original ones, those that don't have the "anarcho-" prefix applied by Rothbard) were always against private property of means of production (=capitalism) precisely because of that.

i dont think people are justifying anything.  i think that blackmailing people is illegal for a reason too. and i think that DPR placed his loyalty to his cause higher than himself or that one person who alleged blackmailed him. the thing is very strange though and unfortunate regardless.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
October 02, 2013, 04:38:50 PM

I wouldn't put myself in such a position to start with. Somebody above made some comparisons to Walter White. It's quite similar indeed.

I know you didn't ask, but just in case you don't know, you don't have the right to kill someone just because this someone is threatening to reveal some deep secrets of yours - even if such exposure would eventually put your life in danger. If he was threatening your life directly, and you knew he had the means and was serious, then perhaps it could pass as self-defense. But killing a blackmailer, no. If DPR followed the libertarian ethics he claimed to follow he'd know that.

That said, I read that part of the indictment and I have the impression no killing ever took place. The "supplier", who supposedly performed the killing, was probably the blackmailer himself.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
October 02, 2013, 04:37:23 PM
We don't know if DPR actually did what he is accused of or not. If he did it's a vile thing to do.

Despite no one here having any way of verifying the truth or falsehood of the allegations, some people are more than happy to to use it to advance their own unrelated agenda. For those people, I doubt the truth actually matters.
legendary
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
October 02, 2013, 04:36:39 PM

Indeed.

That is not DPR's responsibility but that blackmailing scumbag's.

I strongly disagree, someone with a minimum sense of humanity would prefer to shut down its business before killing someone... The fact DPR himself told to the hitman "wife + 3 kids" when describing his "target" is way beyond evil. My stomach hurts and my mind spins just to think about it.

Filthy money and the awful things that people is capable to do for it...

Then our ethics are conflicting. To me it feels like justice.

now who are the terrorists ? sure Arabs defending their lands called that !!! but a drug dealer taking a life is a hero for getting justice ? .... WOW you've got some logic there, I am really shocked.... you encourage drugs and murder what this makes you, let me think about the right word for that.....
October 02, 2013, 04:36:13 PM
How do we know if the guy has 3 kids, sources?

its pretty obvious the guy was the same guy as the assassain.....
legendary
Merit: 1018
October 02, 2013, 04:36:08 PM
I strongly disagree, someone with a minimum sense of humanity would prefer to shut down its business before killing someone... The fact DPR himself told to the hitman "wife + 3 kids" when describing his "target" is way beyond evil. My stomach hurts and my mind spins just to think about it.

Filthy money and the awful things that people is capable to do for it...

Then our ethics are conflicting. To me it feels like justice.

Seriously, you are scaring me now. I can't see where justice is in a world in which people can sleep by knowing they have ordered the murder of a father of three just because of MONEY.

Some guys seem to hate government thugs that violently protect the economic interests of their masters, but it seems ok for them to hire their own thugs to protect their very own economic interests. That's ok, as long as you can afford to pay the hitman's fee, right? That's your "libertarian" utopia?
October 02, 2013, 04:35:43 PM

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24373759

Maybe the murder is a set up?

If they have had access since July the surely they would have known about this and busted him sooner. Is that not First Degree?
October 02, 2013, 04:35:11 PM
How do we know if the guy has 3 kids, sources?
legendary
Merit: 1018
October 02, 2013, 04:31:04 PM
Indeed.

I think it's too early to speculate but a lot more was at stake. If the blackmailer had released compromising information about SR users this could result in a lot more broken families.
As a libertarian, DPR was acting within the non-agression principle

Wow, so now "libertarians" justify cold-blooded murder in order to protect "their property"? They justify paying a hitman after having received a picture of a corpse as a proof the murder was indeed committed, so they can protect their source of income?

Let me vomit on US-libertarian "ideals" if that is true. A fact remains: 99% of crimes are property related. True anarchists (the original ones, those that don't have the "anarcho-" prefix applied by Rothbard) were always against private property of means of production (=capitalism) precisely because of that.
legendary
Activity: 1344
October 02, 2013, 04:30:51 PM
the price recovered very quickly seems someone was there ready to buy the dip
Pages:
Jump to: