Pages:
Author

Topic: [TELEGRAM] Yet Another BitcoinTalk Notification BOT (merits, mentions, topics,+) - page 7. (Read 17534 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 358
https://shuffle.com?r=nba
Hi TryNinja, I'd like to know if editing our replies with a mentioned username re-notifies that username? I tried to edit my own reply with my username mentioned, but it didn't notify me. Does this apply to other edited posts with mentioned username as well?
Activity: 308
Merit: 311
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN
Unfortunately I didn't took any screenshots, because I though it may be telegram bug or network issue. Hence the delay and repeated push notification.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Yeah recent, this week.  Smiley
Date? Could you give me an example (the post id, a screenshot, etc)?

I appreciate you guys reporting those issues, but please give me more details. Tongue
Recently, I have been getting double notification too. I don't know if it's telegram side or bot side problem. I haven't actually noticed if it's double or triple but whenever I get notifications from other telegram groups, the previous message from bot reappears even though I have cleared them the first time. This is happening with me lately. One thing that's fine is messages. Despite getting double push notifications, message count is fine. There aren't any clone or double or same message twice.
Recently = today, yesterday, this week, this month ... ?

I got many double notifications this week.
Can you give me an example?

edit: fixed, thanks!

Yeah recent, this week. Even 2-3 days ago if i remember correctly  Smiley
legendary
Recently, I have been getting double notification too. I don't know if it's telegram side or bot side problem. I haven't actually noticed if it's double or triple but whenever I get notifications from other telegram groups, the previous message from bot reappears even though I have cleared them the first time. This is happening with me lately. One thing that's fine is messages. Despite getting double push notifications, message count is fine. There aren't any clone or double or same message twice.
Recently = today, yesterday, this week, this month ... ?

I fixed an issue one week ago, so I can't tell if you're just reporting something from last week or if the bug is back. Huh

I got many double notifications this week. At first I thought that user posted and then quickly edited post and that's why I got two notifications but then I got so many double notifications that definitely there is something wrong there.
I also had the same issues, but I did not report it. That means all bot users were affected by this (got double notification).

This doesn't happen with merit though.
I got double notification for merits in the past, where I had to use /setmerit. This time, I noticed I didn't get a notification for a merit I received. So I had to adjust it again. What I noticed is the day it happened (I didn't get merit notification), the BPIP extension was giving wrong info as well. So, I guess all scrappers were affected.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
Dear @TryNinja,I hope this message finds you well. Firstly, I'd like to express my gratitude for the incredible Telegram bot you've developed. It has proven to be immensely beneficial for numerous members within the Bitcoin Talk community.

I recently pondered a feature that could potentially benefit many users, including myself. Often, personal messages (PMs) tend to go unnoticed for a while, residing in our profiles without triggering immediate attention. As a result, critical or time-sensitive messages might remain unopened for days, causing delays in responses.Hence, I wanted to propose the idea of integrating a functionality within your bot to deliver notifications for incoming PMs. This enhancement would significantly assist in promptly notifying users about new PMs, enabling quicker responses and ensuring that important messages don't go unattended for an extended period.I am uncertain if a similar suggestion has been made previously, but I felt compelled to raise this proposal, hoping it's feasible and beneficial. Thank you once again for the remarkable work you've done.
This notification bot can not help you in this case

I hope under your personal message options you have set this : Notify by email every time you receive a personal message: Always. Use an email client or app on your device that syncs your emails any time there is a data connection and you will receive instant notifications from bitcointalk.
Activity: 462
Merit: 767
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I got many double notifications this week. At first I thought that user posted and then quickly edited post and that's why I got two notifications but then I got so many double notifications that definitely there is something wrong there.
I also had the same issues, but I did not report it. That means all bot users were affected by this (got double notification).

That's what Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email is for. If you really hate your privacy, you can of course use any third party bot to forward your emails to Telegram, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I don't think it's necessary. I use a android device and I always get the notification when I receive email from forum. I can even read the message if sender is not a newbie. I don't think someone should combine a bot with their email to get instant notification. Gmail works fine for me.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
personal messages (PMs) tend to go unnoticed for a while
That's what Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email is for.
I meant this one:
I hope under your personal message options you have set this : Notify by email every time you receive a personal message: Always.

If you really hate your privacy, you can of course use any third party bot to forward your emails to Telegram, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 661
- Leo -
I wanted to propose the idea of integrating a functionality within your bot to deliver notifications for incoming PMs.
PMs are private information. TryNinja's bot can only scrape publicly available data, for it to get access to PMs it needs log in access to the different profiles which is an addition I do not think he wants to make or the users will be keen to use.

- Jay -
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 3016
I recently pondered a feature that could potentially benefit many users, including myself. Often, personal messages (PMs) tend to go unnoticed for a while, residing in our profiles without triggering immediate attention. As a result, critical or time-sensitive messages might remain unopened for days, causing delays in responses.Hence, I wanted to propose the idea of integrating a functionality within your bot to deliver notifications for incoming PMs. This enhancement would significantly assist in promptly notifying users about new PMs, enabling quicker responses and ensuring that important messages don't go unattended for an extended period.I am uncertain if a similar suggestion has been made previously, but I felt compelled to raise this proposal, hoping it's feasible and beneficial. Thank you once again for the remarkable work you've done.

Private messages are called private because it is not what can be available publicly. So to inform you about your private messages the bot should get your password from your account. Maybe it's okay for you, but I doubt that it is okay for the bot developer. Sharing public information is okay, but taking the responsibility for your private data is something beyond reasonable expectations.
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
Dear @TryNinja,I hope this message finds you well. Firstly, I'd like to express my gratitude for the incredible Telegram bot you've developed. It has proven to be immensely beneficial for numerous members within the Bitcoin Talk community.

Activity: 294
Merit: 433
HODL - BTC

This is an example of a double notification I received from the Bot, although I double checked that Royse777 didn't mention me twice but the notification came in with the same message.

That happened yesterday

legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 772
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
I got many double notifications this week. At first I thought that user posted and then quickly edited post and that's why I got two notifications but then I got so many double notifications that definitely there is something wrong there. This doesn't happen with merit though.
legendary
If someone quotes you after editing the post within 10 minutes, you don't get notification for it?
They have 5 minutes to include your name, otherwise there is no notification.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
If someone quotes you after editing the post within 10 minutes, you don't get notification for it?
legendary
PSA: A backlog of merit notifications from yesterday that got stuck just went through (a.k.a a bunch of delayed merits).

Reporting the issue before someone else does. Cheesy
legendary
Hello Tryninja, Your bot was working fine after your this message but today once again I received double notification for merit. I don't know Is I am the the only one who faced this issue because no other one reported here yet.
Thanks, just pushed another fix which should (hopefully) fix this.

For the curious devs, there was a small chance the bot would scrape the merits page at 23:59 of one day and use the date from the next day at 00:00, resulting in a duplicated entry (one yesterday, one today).
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
i also got several merit notifications tonight that i actually already got during saturday. with /setmerit i fixed my merit counter to the correct number again
Pages:
Jump to: