Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 635. (Read 198154 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 111
December 14, 2017, 10:22:37 PM
here are the 10 players who have climbed more positions in the ATP rankings in 2017:

1.   Filip Krajinovic:   234th - 34th  +200
2.   Andrey Rublev:   156th - 39th  +117
3.   Kevin Anderson:   67th - 14th    +53
4.   Aljaz Bedene:     101th - 49th    +52
5.   Damir Dzhumhur: 77th - 30th    +47
6.   Ryan Harrison:      90th - 47th    +43
7.   Adrian Mannarino: 60th - 28th    +32
8.   J.Martín Del Potro: 38th - 11th    +27
9.   Diego Schwartzman: 52th- 26th  +26
10. Alexander Zverev:     24th - 4th  +20

Krajinovic (25 years old) and Rublev(20 years old) are surely the players who have achieved the most important improvements.
What about Shapovalov ? He is 51st currently but not sure how  much he has moved , where did you get this stats from btw? Great move by Rublev actually because he is just 20 years old , amazing.

I have considered only the players currently in the top 50!
Shapovalov currently 51st has improved by 200 positions.
Other players, in the top 100 who have improved significantly are:

Tsitsipas +1120 (currently 91th)
Ebden      +620   (76th)
Stebe       +320   (82th)
Gojowzyk  +130  (60th)
Kavcic.      +120  (97th)

- Tsitsipas is a bih talent and I think that he will be a surprise at ATP tour next season.
Activity: 200
Merit: 10
STEM - football token exchange market!
December 14, 2017, 10:07:22 PM
Nice to see a tennis thread here.  Wink
Lol at AO organizers ignoring Djokovic in their video teaser. This is going to be the year of Serb, IMO. Hope he can thrash the spanish pusher as far as at Melbourne
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
December 14, 2017, 12:52:12 PM
here are the 10 players who have climbed more positions in the ATP rankings in 2017:

Krajinovic (25 years old) and Rublev(20 years old) are surely the players who have achieved the most important improvements.
What about Shapovalov ? He is 51st currently but not sure how  much he has moved , where did you get this stats from btw? Great move by Rublev actually because he is just 20 years old , amazing.

I have considered only the players currently in the top 50!
Shapovalov currently 51st has improved by 200 positions.
Other players, in the top 100 who have improved significantly are:

Tsitsipas +1120 (currently 91th)
Ebden      +620   (76th)
Stebe       +320   (82th)
Gojowzyk  +130  (60th)
Kavcic.      +120  (97th)
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 14, 2017, 12:19:27 PM

What about Shapovalov ? He is 51st currently but not sure how  much he has moved , where did you get this stats from btw? Great move by Rublev actually because he is just 20 years old , amazing.
legendary
December 14, 2017, 10:00:02 AM

legendary
December 04, 2017, 02:17:03 PM
Here are some new rules for the coming years:

-Shot Clock: between 2 points, the time will be increased by 5 seconds(from 20 to 25), but its application will be rigorous with an electronic shot-clock.

-Warm up: warm up time strictly enforced. The match will start in about 7 minutes

-withdrawals before 1st round match receive 50% prize money. The other 50% will go to the Lucky Loser
Who will play but will retire can be sanctioned by losing all the prizepool

-Another change of rule in 2019 in major tournaments, with the number of seeds limited to 16 instead of the current 32!
legendary
December 02, 2017, 12:03:25 PM
This week there is the Davis Cup final, France vs Belgium, at Stade Pierre Mauroy in Lille.
Currently the 2 teams are 1-1 (goffin won 3-0 against Pouille, and Tsonga won 3-0 against Darcis)

France is favored because it plays at home, and the remaining 3 matches is clearly favored in 2 matches (in today's doubles and in tomorrow's match Pouille vs Darcis.

France would win its 10th davis cup, while for Belgium it would be the first victory of its history

- Definitely France will win Davis cup because all together they have better tennis players than Belgium except Goffin who is the best player in both national teams.

France is favorite, I think they will win the doubles, but both single games need to be played. Goffin vs Tsonga should be a very nice match and giving the current form Goffin, he is the favorite to win this match.
The other match (probably Darcis vs Pouille) could go both sides. Darcis is called Mr. Daviscup and will give everything he got to win!
Pouille is a great player so I am sure he can defeat Darcis but can't really say between Goffin Tsonga because both play well but I root for Goffin because he deserves to end the year well.

Pouille is higher on the ranking and in good form (won the title in Vienna), but I will not bet any money on this match. It will be the first time that Pouille and Darcis will play against each other. I am looking forward to tomorrow!

- Yes I also think that Goffin deserves to end the year well but again if he win Pouille is quality tennis player and it is hard to think that Darcis will win against him.

as predicted France won the double match and is in the lead 2-1.
Gasquet was the best and could even play the fifth match (and decisive match) against Darcis.

Tsonga is a great player and plays at home, but right now Goffin is in great shape. So I think Goffin can win this game.
He and Belgium deserve to come to the fifth match in this davis cup.
NO matter what , its a great final and I certainly didn't expect this from Gasquet . He can do wonders in single matches , no doubts but the quality he produced yesterday in doubles match was unbelievable . Go Goffin , equalize it for Belgium.

Goffin just did it! First set was close, but in the second and third set Goffin played much better than Tsonga.
Now it is up to the match Darcis vs Pouille to determine who will win the Davis cup of 2017.
Just incredible by Goffin , certainly after world tour finals his confidence has increased . Too bad this depend on Darcis though, it will be a high pressure match but I guess France will take it home .

Goffin won 2 matches for 3-0 but France easily won the other 3 matches.
 In the last decisive match Pouille dominated against Darcis (6-3 6-1 6-0).
Congratulations to France for his 10th Davis Cup of his history.

Darcis was nowhere in his match against Pouille. It was a one way match, so congrats to Pouille and the French team to taking home their 10th Davis cup.
France had quality players like Tsonga, Gasquet , pouille but whereas in Belgium Goffin was the only one who worked hard and played well , gotto feel bad for him hm but congrats France for 10th Davis cup.

The French team has won this Davis Cup by playing 8 different players(record):
 Jo Wilfried Tsonga, Lucas Pouille, Richard Gasquet, Pierre Hugues Herbert, Julien Benneteau, Nicolas Mahut, Jeremy Chardy, Gilles Simon.
There are also 3 very strong players who have not been called:
Gael Monfils (currently 46th with best ranking 6), Benoit Paire (currently 41th with best ranking 18) and Mannarino (28th currently).
The French team can always choose the strongest players and who have the best shape.

In 2012 Czech Republic won the davis cup by playing only 2 players: Tomas Berdich and Radek Stepanek!
Cannot argue , each and every top country (in tennis ) has one or two star players except France . They got too many good players and they deserve to win the cup .
Merit: 28
November 30, 2017, 06:53:35 AM
This week there is the Davis Cup final, France vs Belgium, at Stade Pierre Mauroy in Lille.
Currently the 2 teams are 1-1 (goffin won 3-0 against Pouille, and Tsonga won 3-0 against Darcis)

France is favored because it plays at home, and the remaining 3 matches is clearly favored in 2 matches (in today's doubles and in tomorrow's match Pouille vs Darcis.

France would win its 10th davis cup, while for Belgium it would be the first victory of its history
How about Swiss team what is their standing are they competing with Davis cup? I think Switzerland is one of Europe power house of tennis because of Federer and warwinka.

- Definitely France will win Davis cup because all together they have better tennis players than Belgium except Goffin who is the best player in both national teams.

France is favorite, I think they will win the doubles, but both single games need to be played. Goffin vs Tsonga should be a very nice match and giving the current form Goffin, he is the favorite to win this match.
The other match (probably Darcis vs Pouille) could go both sides. Darcis is called Mr. Daviscup and will give everything he got to win!
Pouille is a great player so I am sure he can defeat Darcis but can't really say between Goffin Tsonga because both play well but I root for Goffin because he deserves to end the year well.

Pouille is higher on the ranking and in good form (won the title in Vienna), but I will not bet any money on this match. It will be the first time that Pouille and Darcis will play against each other. I am looking forward to tomorrow!

- Yes I also think that Goffin deserves to end the year well but again if he win Pouille is quality tennis player and it is hard to think that Darcis will win against him.

Gasquet was the best and could even play the fifth match (and decisive match) against Darcis.

Tsonga is a great player and plays at home, but right now Goffin is in great shape. So I think Goffin can win this game.
NO matter what , its a great final and I certainly didn't expect this from Gasquet . He can do wonders in single matches , no doubts but the quality he produced yesterday in doubles match was unbelievable . Go Goffin , equalize it for Belgium.

Goffin just did it! First set was close, but in the second and third set Goffin played much better than Tsonga.
Now it is up to the match Darcis vs Pouille to determine who will win the Davis cup of 2017.
Just incredible by Goffin , certainly after world tour finals his confidence has increased . Too bad this depend on Darcis though, it will be a high pressure match but I guess France will take it home .

Darcis was nowhere in his match against Pouille. It was a one way match, so congrats to Pouille and the French team to taking home their 10th Davis cup.
France had quality players like Tsonga, Gasquet , pouille but whereas in Belgium Goffin was the only one who worked hard and played well , gotto feel bad for him hm but congrats France for 10th Davis cup.
legendary
November 28, 2017, 01:01:02 PM

The French team has won this Davis Cup by playing 8 different players(record):
 Jo Wilfried Tsonga, Lucas Pouille, Richard Gasquet, Pierre Hugues Herbert, Julien Benneteau, Nicolas Mahut, Jeremy Chardy, Gilles Simon.
There are also 3 very strong players who have not been called:
Gael Monfils (currently 46th with best ranking 6), Benoit Paire (currently 41th with best ranking 18) and Mannarino (28th currently).
The French team can always choose the strongest players and who have the best shape.

In 2012 Czech Republic won the davis cup by playing only 2 players: Tomas Berdich and Radek Stepanek!
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
November 27, 2017, 04:52:18 PM
The French Davis cup team boast of quality players than their opposition Belgium and they really deserved this victory in the Davis cup, I hope for a stricter competition in the next edition though.
legendary
November 27, 2017, 12:26:13 PM

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254
November 27, 2017, 09:24:27 AM

Merit: 28
November 27, 2017, 08:06:53 AM

France is the country who created big name in tennis because they have the good training camp that molded young player that is competitive skills.
maybe this is the result being the host of the only clay Grand-slam tournament in the world thats give them the competitive edge among other nations.

legendary
November 27, 2017, 05:28:12 AM

November 26, 2017, 06:46:52 PM

What a match for Goffin. It was a pleasure to watch him.
legendary
November 26, 2017, 12:29:46 PM

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254
November 26, 2017, 11:40:40 AM

legendary
November 26, 2017, 09:30:29 AM

legendary
November 26, 2017, 08:39:49 AM

November 25, 2017, 05:50:49 PM

Jump to: