Pages:
Author

Topic: Terrence Crawford vs Errol Spence - July 29 - page 7. (Read 2323 times)

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
So from my earlier prediction of around 500k PPV buys, I believe that it should get a minimum of 800k now but hopefully, it will reach more than 1.2 million buys. Tickets are all sold out so an expected 20k fight fans will be watching.

This fight deserves to have at least 1 million PPV buys as they have hyped it a lot, and we thought it might not happen. Now that it's taking place in just a few days, I'm sure everyone is excited to see who the better boxer truly is.

Did the odds change a bit?

I'm checking now, and Crawford is becoming a heavy favorite from being a slight favorite.

Spence: 2.24
Crawford: 1.59

Nothing has change if I'm not mistaken, Crawford at the start is around 1.6k'ish odd, so just a small change in the odds but it's not that big to consider a swing on his favor. So it means that there are a lot of money in equal terms flowing in both direction. Maybe there will be some a small change, but its manageable and it can be covered.

And it's just a matter of how much bigger the PPV is, initially in the promotion of the hype, there is not that much noise. But come a few days before the fight there are a lot of speculations around and hype are getting bigger. So hopefully it can breach 1 million and so if will be the 2nd fight this year that we will have this big numbers based on the fighters themselves.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
So from my earlier prediction of around 500k PPV buys, I believe that it should get a minimum of 800k now but hopefully, it will reach more than 1.2 million buys. Tickets are all sold out so an expected 20k fight fans will be watching.

This fight deserves to have at least 1 million PPV buys as they have hyped it a lot, and we thought it might not happen. Now that it's taking place in just a few days, I'm sure everyone is excited to see who the better boxer truly is.

Did the odds change a bit?

I'm checking now, and Crawford is becoming a heavy favorite from being a slight favorite.

Spence: 2.24
Crawford: 1.59
Activity: 1694
Merit: 592
The Martian Child
On a side note, there is a friendly bet between the two mayors representing this fighters,

Dallas Mayor Eric L. Johnson and Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert made a friendly wager on Wednesday ahead of the undisputed welterweight world championship showdown between Dallas-native and unified WBC, WBA and IBF welterweight world champion Errol “The Truth” Spence Jr. and Omaha-native and WBO welterweight world champion Terence “Bud” Crawford, taking place this Saturday, July 29 on Showtime PPV from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. 

https://www.boxingscene.com/spence-crawford-dallas-mayor-makes-friendly-wager-with-omaha-mayor--176466

So probably this news will boost the already hype fight because of the involvement of the mayors hehehe. Just couple of days left before the fight. We are going to see the full weigh-in and see the body language of the two.

And most likely everyone has his own analysis and could have put their bets already.

Now that's a great friendly bet. Too bad most of my boxing personal friends are too busy with their lives and I am not sure if they are watching this fight live. Another friend connected with me but he is a changed man who's not into betting and liquor anymore for years now. Would've offered some wonderful stuff if anyone is interested. Grin

Anyways, Texas and Nebraska are always supportive of these 2 fighters ever since. Spence though has a huge market advantage knowing how big and rich Texas is compared to the rural-like state of Crawford. I just finished watching their last conference and it's cool, no bad blood but there was some trash talking including from the crowd. So from my earlier prediction of around 500k PPV buys, I believe that it should get a minimum of 800k now but hopefully, it will reach more than 1.2 million buys. Tickets are all sold out so an expected 20k fight fans will be watching.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
maybe by decision or perhaps this fight will go over and last the full 12 rounds.

This fight could last for 12 rounds if both boxers can absorb the punches thrown at them. They are not the kind of fighters who are slick enough; they always want to exchange punches. Since both are strong punchers, honestly, I doubt it will go to the judges' scorecards.

With only a few days remaining, I just want to be optimistic that Crawford will win, as I believe he is the better boxer. Terrence may have more belts, but Crawford's wins have been very dominant and convincing. Let's see if Crawford will live up to our expectations.

But knowing the magnitude of this fight, for sure they will play defense and could be hesitant to throw punches early. And as you have said, they are slick so they have their hands on their chin always and their ego will say that they don't want to lost and then got knockout as well.

You mean Spence might have 3 belts? but Crawford is the complete fighter, although the smaller one, but for me his IQ is just above everyone else at 147 lbs and it might play a big role if this fight goes to distance.

There's a weight from that statement, both egos will be there and for sure they will protect not to lose via KO,

Though on the back of my mind, Crawford may be taking this seriously and will try his best chance to knock Spence down
I believe that he's not going to waste this opportunity after Spence sign the contract. He waited for so long and now it is
his chance to conclude who's the best from this division and who will enjoy that hype after this fight.

For sure that's what on their mind, to knockout each other out and then claim as the best 147 lbs fighter and then claim back the pound for pound from Naoya Inoue. So it's important for them to win by knockout.

But it's really hard to predict as I have said, they could be playing defense all throughout and waiting for a simple opening and take the chance. Maybe either one of them can win by a knockout or that they are evenly match that the fight will go to distance and then it's up to the judges to decide who is going to win in this fight.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
On a side note, there is a friendly bet between the two mayors representing this fighters,

Dallas Mayor Eric L. Johnson and Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert made a friendly wager on Wednesday ahead of the undisputed welterweight world championship showdown between Dallas-native and unified WBC, WBA and IBF welterweight world champion Errol “The Truth” Spence Jr. and Omaha-native and WBO welterweight world champion Terence “Bud” Crawford, taking place this Saturday, July 29 on Showtime PPV from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. 

https://www.boxingscene.com/spence-crawford-dallas-mayor-makes-friendly-wager-with-omaha-mayor--176466

So probably this news will boost the already hype fight because of the involvement of the mayors hehehe. Just couple of days left before the fight. We are going to see the full weigh-in and see the body language of the two.

And most likely everyone has his own analysis and could have put their bets already.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406
I have already bet Crawford by KO but after reading some comments I'm now unsure if I did the right choice.  Roll Eyes

Crawford may have won in this poll but the boxing community is also saying Spence has superior technical skills, he is also better in defense and is physically stronger. I may not even watch this fight because there is also another event in UFC but we're also going to be seeing them fight twice since both of them can activate their rematch clause as well.  

Errol had their own strategy to win the game,So you should re-consider your bet.Crawford had good game like the Errol but the power of punch was more with Errol.So most of the people think Errol will win the game,because the boxing community think Errol had huge techniques compared to the Crawford.

I don't completely agree, Crawford just isn't a power puncher who goes in there with no plan.  I mean we can talk about it until we are blue in the face guess we will just have to see.  I got Crawford tko rounds 7-9.  I think Crawford will wear Spence down in the later rounds.  Gonna be a good fight either way, and we are guaranteed a rematch if the losing boxer wants to run it back.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 514
I have already bet Crawford by KO but after reading some comments I'm now unsure if I did the right choice.  Roll Eyes

Crawford may have won in this poll but the boxing community is also saying Spence has superior technical skills, he is also better in defense and is physically stronger. I may not even watch this fight because there is also another event in UFC but we're also going to be seeing them fight twice since both of them can activate their rematch clause as well.  

Errol had their own strategy to win the game,So you should re-consider your bet.Crawford had good game like the Errol but the power of punch was more with Errol.So most of the people think Errol will win the game,because the boxing community think Errol had huge techniques compared to the Crawford.Welter weight champion Errol will face the Crawford on 29,July Saturday was the long waited game in the boxing community.Since it was the Saturday,the boxing ticket will be sold out maximum.Mike Tyson had act as the middle man for the coin toss between Crawford and Errol.The lucky guy of the toss is Crawford was unexpected one,but we can only able to see the final result on Saturday.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
maybe by decision or perhaps this fight will go over and last the full 12 rounds.

This fight could last for 12 rounds if both boxers can absorb the punches thrown at them. They are not the kind of fighters who are slick enough; they always want to exchange punches. Since both are strong punchers, honestly, I doubt it will go to the judges' scorecards.

With only a few days remaining, I just want to be optimistic that Crawford will win, as I believe he is the better boxer. Terrence may have more belts, but Crawford's wins have been very dominant and convincing. Let's see if Crawford will live up to our expectations.

But knowing the magnitude of this fight, for sure they will play defense and could be hesitant to throw punches early. And as you have said, they are slick so they have their hands on their chin always and their ego will say that they don't want to lost and then got knockout as well.

You mean Spence might have 3 belts? but Crawford is the complete fighter, although the smaller one, but for me his IQ is just above everyone else at 147 lbs and it might play a big role if this fight goes to distance.

There's a weight from that statement, both egos will be there and for sure they will protect not to lose via KO,

Though on the back of my mind, Crawford may be taking this seriously and will try his best chance to knock Spence down
I believe that he's not going to waste this opportunity after Spence sign the contract. He waited for so long and now it is
his chance to conclude who's the best from this division and who will enjoy that hype after this fight.

Spence said that he doesn't care how he is going to win the fight and if it's a boring fight, it's also fine as long as he wins it. But I think there will be a lot of action as they are aware of the significance of this fight between them. But a win and its public effect might only be temporary as they have agreed on having a two-fight contract with a second one following if any of the two fighters wants it. I guess it is needless to say that it is almost certain that there will be a second fight after some time unless the loser is fine with being the loser, obviously.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

Activity: 2870
Merit: 612

Right! I honestly forgot that UCF 291 will also happen in the same day, and this will be a struggle for sure specially for those who are fan of both sports because both event is surely a waste if we cannot see it. Anyway, I'm just looking forward to seeing the Crawford vs Spence fight and one undercard in that same event where Donaire is campaigning to be a champion again.

About the bet, I already got Crawford via KO. You just gotta trust your bet and gut mate because there is surely a reason why you chose that be and not the other way around.

Good luck with that fellas as it seems like there's plenty of things on your plate now Grin Let's hope that there will be some slight window for those fights so that you watch watch both events. Regarding about whom to bet, I also got Crawford by a way of knockout and if you'll ask me why, my answer is simple, I still believe that Crawford is not yet finished in building his legacy and still standing in his prime years where he can still dance gracefully even if that is Errol Spence Jr.

Seeing both these fighters can erupt once they see a chance, someone's gotta fall when that happens and it could either be Crawford or Spence. Let's say Spence superbly carries out his defenses as well. It might end up just as UD. Spence was once undermined before the fight with Mikey Garcia saying the only reason he can win is because he is bigger but he outboxed Garcia. All Garcia did in the end rounds was just protecting himself. I'll just hope I win big on UFC 291 if the KO we expect will not happen.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

Right! I honestly forgot that UCF 291 will also happen in the same day, and this will be a struggle for sure specially for those who are fan of both sports because both event is surely a waste if we cannot see it. Anyway, I'm just looking forward to seeing the Crawford vs Spence fight and one undercard in that same event where Donaire is campaigning to be a champion again.

About the bet, I already got Crawford via KO. You just gotta trust your bet and gut mate because there is surely a reason why you chose that be and not the other way around.

Good luck with that fellas as it seems like there's plenty of things on your plate now Grin Let's hope that there will be some slight window for those fights so that you watch watch both events. Regarding about whom to bet, I also got Crawford by a way of knockout and if you'll ask me why, my answer is simple, I still believe that Crawford is not yet finished in building his legacy and still standing in his prime years where he can still dance gracefully even if that is Errol Spence Jr.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904

Activity: 2870

Activity: 2898

I share your sentiment. Yes, 12 long rounds is possible but if these two will confront each other in a toe-to-toe fight to see who will survive then I guess we won't be seeing the 12th round as there is a big chance that one of them will give up as their body cannot handle it anymore. They might be strong and have the ability to absorb strong punches, but let's not forget that abilities like that has a limit.

Also, I seriously doubt that Errol Spence Jr. were able to possess those three belts because if he chose to accept Crawford's invitation, by now, we already have the answers. But he didn't because he knew that his chances are much slimmer if he fought Crawford in the past years and chose to follow Mayweather's guidebook instead.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

It's always biased mate because we too have our own preference and standard of which helps us think who got the upper hand between the boxers who will fight in the said match.

But sometimes, we cannot help it because there are some instances that when we are unable to decide which one to bet and that is where these speculations given by the boxers will come out to help us to weigh which is better and do have a much higher chance in winning. We just need to filter which speculations are better.

Indeed, we need to balance and check the weight of their statements and try to find more about the possibility of their opinions.

With that guide, you will be able to conclude your decision and have that good chance to sort or pick
the right one in your own interpretations, but then again, there's no accurate opinion all are a base from'
the person perceptions it's still you as the one who will going to bet that needs to decide who or which
party you will going to place your money.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

the odds in the stake are in favor of Terence, with odds of @1.60 while Spence is at odds of @2.26 which honestly most of the time I see this type of difference in important fights tends to win the favorite fighter, I'm not saying that in this case Terence will win, but it's more likely that the bookmakers will be right, Spence has good size and strength, while Terence has a good counterattack and a good defense, good speed and good footwork s what can allow him to neutralize his opponent's attacks, perhaps for this reason he is being favored by bookmakers

There are ways that the sport bookies or at least bookmakers favored Crawford. Although he has only 1 belt, but I guess they favored him on the straight of his performances recently. And maybe if you look at the fighters that this two has fought, like Porter Jr, Crawford won via TKO while Spence just decision Porter in a hard 12 round fight.

that's why in my opinion Terence will win this fight by decision, I haven't placed my bet yet, but in case I place a bet I'll bet on Terence to win this fight, without a doubt that it will be a very difficult and well disputed fight which will make both fighters stay more in defense and the fight will be prolonged, but the fighter who has the best counter-attack and best defense will win, for that reason I see Terence winning this fight, and it's a shame that I won't be able to watch the fight after After the fight is over I'll watch videos of the most important moments of the fight

It's a good analysis on your end if you think that Terrence will win and you should have put your bet already. ML is still very attractive and it's a good return if you will bet at least a good hundred dollars or more. And I think majority here will go with Crawford to win, maybe by decision or perhaps this fight will go over and last the full 12 rounds.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1095
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
the odds in the stake are in favor of Terence, with odds of @1.60 while Spence is at odds of @2.26 which honestly most of the time I see this type of difference in important fights tends to win the favorite fighter, I'm not saying that in this case Terence will win, but it's more likely that the bookmakers will be right, Spence has good size and strength, while Terence has a good counterattack and a good defense, good speed and good footwork s what can allow him to neutralize his opponent's attacks, perhaps for this reason he is being favored by bookmakers

that's why in my opinion Terence will win this fight by decision, I haven't placed my bet yet, but in case I place a bet I'll bet on Terence to win this fight, without a doubt that it will be a very difficult and well disputed fight which will make both fighters stay more in defense and the fight will be prolonged, but the fighter who has the best counter-attack and best defense will win, for that reason I see Terence winning this fight, and it's a shame that I won't be able to watch the fight after After the fight is over I'll watch videos of the most important moments of the fight
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1848
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
It's fight week guys,

Live streams before the fight:

Grand Arrivals: http://s.sho.com/729GA
Workout: http://s.sho.com/729UMW
Presser: http://s.sho.com/729PC
Weigh-In: http://s.sho.com/729WI

Hopefully, everyone by now has put their bets on this fight, Crawford is still the favourite as far as betting odds. But we all know that this is going to be a very close fight!!!

I think many of us are excited, for a while I wanted to see not only Spence and Crawford, I also liked seeing Inoue in action, all the controversy that has been unleashed with Fulton, the things a boxer can say are great, he is also in charge of welcoming this boy, and boy is Inoue showing that nothing is too big for him, not to mention the Crawford and Spence fight, when the news came out I remember posting it on the forum, and everyone believed it was fake. news, in fact I even questioned myself, but luckily it was true of the fight.

So shortly into this, I recognize that Crawford here has always been looking for this fight, and I think he deserves this fight, he needs it, lifting his spirits is one of the things that he really requires, and he's been looking for it for over 2 years, so I think it's time for Crawford to make this request count.

Errol Spence Jr. vs. Terence Crawford referee, judges revealed

Tim Cheatham, David Sutherland and Steve Weisfeld will serve as judges, with each receiving $3,000. The third man in the ring will be referee Harvey Dock, who will officiate the bout and be paid $4,000.

Dock has been an active referee since 2004, according to BoxRec.com, and this year he’s officiated 42 bouts.

Source: https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/07/errol-spence-vs-terence-crawford-referee-judges-revealed

Well, a lot is expected from this fight, I think that the winner here will undoubtedly be Crawford, I also think that this boxer has been dreaming of that moment, I have no doubt, but I think that things can be done very well, also as I said, CVrawford has been looking for this fight for a long time, it was about time that it could finally be done, if in any case he does not win the fight, I know what arguments the boxer could give, but he should do it with force gum.

Today's fight was very good with that of Inoue and Fulton, now the other good event that we have left is that of Spence and Crawford, I really feel lucky this week, which has been full of great boxing matches.
Pages:
Jump to: