Pages:
Author

Topic: Texas Hold'em and Omaha/Omaha8 Poker Room - NL, Limit, Potlimit games - page 7. (Read 88115 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
what good would there be to allow the losing hand to muck when there is a showdown? You just making more than half the ppl go through hand history when it doesn't need to be that way.

Please find me a single online poker site where it doesn't work that way. It's easier to code it the way you want, by the way - all the other sites wrote code to make it work this way, same as we did.

The point of mucking is to, well, muck your hand. In a real poker room it's considered poor etiquette to ask to see someone's mucked cards, but you're allowed to. So online, you have to take extra steps to get the cards.

Pushed a fix for the all-in issue. Once it's on the server, you should be able to hit Raise and have it work no matter what.

The bet input box now works as well. So, when the slider doesn't quite get you there (i.e. you have that extra .25 in your stack), just type in a larger number than you actually have. The client will bet the maximum possible in that case.

This is the quick-fix - I have a better solution for the all-in issue but it needs more testing than this one, and it's kind of important to fix, so you get the monkeypatch first Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
in real life you are allowed to muck loosing hand if you are after winning hand. the bluff is huge part of the game and mucking hand is important part of it. In online poker it would be good to have option to see mucked hand in order to prevent misuse of this feature.
Activity: 84
suggestion: when there is a showdown the loser shouldn't be able to muck their hand. Although its recorded in the  hand history its a pain that i had to go through it to see what my opponent was playing with.

The loser is able to muck their hand if the winning hand is shown first. This is standard for all poker rooms.

You're able to see the hand because those hands are available on request in all poker rooms.

if there is a showdown the loser shouldn't be able to muck the losing hand.

We were discussing this a lot. We came to conclusion that to take good from both approaches, we will allow to muck loosing hand, but show full hands in history.

what good would there be to allow the losing hand to muck when there is a showdown? You just making more than half the ppl go through hand history when it doesn't need to be that way.
suggestion: when there is a showdown the loser shouldn't be able to muck their hand. Although its recorded in the  hand history its a pain that i had to go through it to see what my opponent was playing with.

The loser is able to muck their hand if the winning hand is shown first. This is standard for all poker rooms.

You're able to see the hand because those hands are available on request in all poker rooms.

We were discussing this a lot. We came to conclusion that to take good from both approaches, we will allow to muck loosing hand, but show full hands in history.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
well.. i can't rid of them 'cos some people like slow play.. Just sit at fast table and may be join slow table and offer player to join fast table.

it's gotten to the point where of 9 other players, 5 take the FULL time to make a decision. reallyfuckingsucks.com !

Start 30 second games?

But really this is why sites have a normal time and a time bank. Sometimes you need extra time, but that's no reason to give every time.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Strength in numbers
bug -- guy bet 22 or something on the river, i had 29 left or something and tried to click raise button, but it wouldn't take - after clicking it a dozen times i was timing out and clicked call, which worked...  just an fyi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betting_in_poker#Incomplete_bet_or_raise

You can move all in for less.
iamhiv, thank you for your info. First also said that he got disappeared buttons after Rebuy, so I assume this is right way to dig it. Will test this locally.

As for unable to raise - sounds like you are correct - some small part is being rounded wrong way somewhere. Will look into this as well.
Activity: 109
bug -- guy bet 22 or something on the river, i had 29 left or something and tried to click raise button, but it wouldn't take - after clicking it a dozen times i was timing out and clicked call, which worked...  just an fyi

Regarding this bug, it has nothing to do with this link you posted. The link is about reopening the betting action.

Micon is saying that he had 29 chips left on river, opponent bet 22 to him and he could only call or fold, not raise his last 7 more chips.

I can confirm that this bug is indeed happening since the last update. You can recreate it yourself easily, just go to a table with two test accounts, and get in a similar situation on the river, where you bet more than half your opponent's stack. Try differing amounts, I'm not sure if it works with all different amounts, but I have had this happen to me several times now since the last server restart.

Also, another bug since the last server restart is sometimes you can't even raise allin when its a big raise size. Example: opponent has 1000 chips on river, I have 1000. He bets 25, I try to raise to 1000 but when I click raise the raise button doesn't process. I try over and over again to raise to 1000 but it doesn't work, I move the bar slightly down to 998 and it works. Or any other amount or clicking call works, just raising allin doesn't. I think it may have something to do with the superfluous fractions of chip that are kept in player chipstacks, like when you have 1000.25 and you bet allin it only bets 1000, and then the other player can raise you and then you have the option to call with your last 0.25 chips allin, or fold. I'm not sure if these bugs happen every time but I can confirm they have happened multiple times.

Also, a little more info on the freezes, freezing seems to be highly dependent on clicking rebuy, I freeze maybe 20% of the time when I click rebuy, as compared to 1% of the time normally.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
well.. i can't rid of them 'cos some people like slow play.. Just sit at fast table and may be join slow table and offer player to join fast table.

it's gotten to the point where of 9 other players, 5 take the FULL time to make a decision. reallyfuckingsucks.com !
legendary
can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeee make players' timebank a little SMALLER? plays like molasses.

other than that: GREAT WORK!

Thanks for feedback! =)

As for time bank - each table have 5 limits. 1 - slowest, 5 - fastest (make sure you are on a good connection to server to play at table 5). Just browse available tables on the left and sit at one you like =)

Thing is - there's only ever one to three tables occuped AT ALL when i play (I'm on European Summer Time).

So I dont have much of a choice, really. Just get rid of the two slowest, if you would?
bug -- guy bet 22 or something on the river, i had 29 left or something and tried to click raise button, but it wouldn't take - after clicking it a dozen times i was timing out and clicked call, which worked...  just an fyi

Could you please find hand # in My Account - Hands history for this game? Sounds like a bug.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1232
FPV Drone Pilot

Accept my cashout asap please.

You could save your time if instead of contacting me over email + private message + icq + here by reading what site says you when you do withdrawal. To make sure you read it this time - it says that withdrawal will be processed within 24 hours.
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
Paying 3 players in a 5 player tourney is awful.

Winner take all!  Or if you must, 2 players paid, 60%-40%.
Could you please at least try to keep the spam to once per page? I mean, twice in five posts? Really?

Anyway...

Server's back up, nobody lost anything! Sorry about the downtime.

Basically, we discovered a data corruption issue had made its way into production - it only corrupted the backend in specific scenarios; everything in memory was fine, until we took the server down. But it was logging errors when this happened; all the data we needed just had to be parsed back out of the logs.

So we locked the site to prevent anyone else from getting on, gracefully took the site down, worked out a fix (I haven't gotten much sleep or time with my family this weekend), restored the data (look ma, no rollback!) and now we're back up.

Thanks for flying betco.in! Cheesy

Next up on my priority list is definitely tournaments - especially STTs. I'll be working on a more flexible way to create new tables at the same time. People who like obscure tournament formats will enjoy what's coming Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: