Pages:
Author

Topic: The 2.0 throwdown thread - page 13. (Read 20956 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
August 15, 2015, 08:15:12 PM
hi jwinterm
good initiative
may be it can help you

Hébergé par Imagesia.com

you can contact this person: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=profile;u=69
Good luck!  Smiley
Sorry english not good  Grin

The potential for that chart to be a broad, objective comparison of some of the main 2.0 projects is there, but as it stands it is extremely biased towards NXT to the point where it's not even trying to be subtle about it (only green ticks and under construction in the NXT side...really now?), in addition a cursory glance shows glaring factually incorrect segments.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
August 15, 2015, 07:12:20 PM
Thanks yassin54, I think that's same pic posted above, and yes, I do think it will be helpful.

I will add a pending category as well, Bisha, I think that Bitshares is supposed to be adding a bunch of new functionality with 2.0 release.

I'm going out for a while, but I'll try and update it some more later this evening, and go to bitsharestalk.org and /r/ethereum and /r/nushares or peercointalk or something and see if I can get some none NXT folk to come help fill in some more blanks.
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
August 15, 2015, 07:05:05 PM
Finally a thread like this. Hope people can keep discussing features in a civilized manner instead of flaming like most other threads. BitShares has some features that will only be added once 2.0 is released so they're probably subject to change.

Maybe you could also add a ''Pending'' clause or a "Pending*" and then explain the * below. BitShares will have a referral program for example, but I can't say it's implemented yet since 2.0 isn't out yet. But I would like you to add pending features (assuming they are being worked on!) so I and other people could know other features other projects would offer.

edit: isn't stellar 2.0 too? Also dunno if Ripple is too. Counterparty, NuShares?

I have Counterparty in there. I will add NuShares, though at the moment I know practically nothing about it.

I don't really consider Ripple to be 2.0 platform, more of just a quasi-decentralized settlement system, and Stellar seems like Ripple but they try to pretend they have some great distribution mechanism (via facebook, but people are recorded on youtube grabbing 100k+ STR by gaming the system), supposedly non-profit (but they're registered in Delaware I think, where they don't have to disclose earnings/expenditures and there is like no real requirements to be non-profit, and they still hold like 80+% of all coins. I'm really not a fan of Stellar (or Ripple), in case you couldn't tell, but I don't think they really qualify as 2.0 platforms anyway. Further recommended reading here:
http://observer.com/2015/02/the-race-to-replace-bitcoin/
(This article refers to them as Bitcoin 2.0, but still, I disagree.)

I see. Was just asking because, tbh I don't know myself if I should consider them 2.0 or not.

Would you consider adding a "pending" clause so to speak? Instead of the "have"/"don't have" clauses only? Stuff you could also add: decentralized exchange, prediction markets, can't remember more atm
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
August 15, 2015, 07:04:48 PM
hi jwinterm
good initiative
may be it can help you

Hébergé par Imagesia.com

you can contact this person: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=profile;u=69
Good luck!  Smiley
Sorry english not good  Grin
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
August 15, 2015, 07:00:46 PM
Nxt also has something like multisig, it is call two-phase transactions. Right-now, the current two-phase transaction implementation is also like multisig but for each individual transaction. In the planned Nxt 1.7, account control (and 2FA, which is more complete than multisig and account control, see Jean-Luc quote above) will be introduce so that two-phase transaction could also be applied for every transaction made by an account effectively making the signature required for each flag account.
legendary
August 15, 2015, 06:44:48 PM
Finally a thread like this. Hope people can keep discussing features in a civilized manner instead of flaming like most other threads. BitShares has some features that will only be added once 2.0 is released so they're probably subject to change.

Maybe you could also add a ''Pending'' clause or a "Pending*" and then explain the * below. BitShares will have a referral program for example, but I can't say it's implemented yet since 2.0 isn't out yet. But I would like you to add pending features (assuming they are being worked on!) so I and other people could know other features other projects would offer.

edit: isn't stellar 2.0 too? Also dunno if Ripple is too. Counterparty, NuShares?

I have Counterparty in there. I will add NuShares, though at the moment I know practically nothing about it.

I don't really consider Ripple to be 2.0 platform, more of just a quasi-decentralized settlement system, and Stellar seems like Ripple but they try to pretend they have some great distribution mechanism (via facebook, but people are recorded on youtube grabbing 100k+ STR by gaming the system), supposedly non-profit (but they're registered in Delaware I think, where they don't have to disclose earnings/expenditures and there is like no real requirements to be non-profit, and they still hold like 80+% of all coins. I'm really not a fan of Stellar (or Ripple), in case you couldn't tell, but I don't think they really qualify as 2.0 platforms anyway. Further recommended reading here:
http://observer.com/2015/02/the-race-to-replace-bitcoin/
(This article refers to them as Bitcoin 2.0, but still, I disagree.)
August 15, 2015, 06:36:52 PM
From my understanding, automated (turing complete) and atomic (cross-chain) transaction are two different thing.
We can say that ETH has automated transaction too, I think.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
August 15, 2015, 06:36:11 PM
Thanks for responses. I'm trying to figure out a better formatting. Can SMF handle HTML/HTMLtables? Let's see...

[HTML]

asdf fdsa

[HTML]

Edit: seems not...  Undecided

This ...

Code:
[table]
[tr][td]Cell 1[/td][td]Cell 2[/td][td]Cell 3[/td][/tr]
[/table]

renders as this ..

Cell 1Cell 2Cell 3

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
August 15, 2015, 06:31:16 PM

legendary
August 15, 2015, 05:57:00 PM
legendary
August 15, 2015, 05:46:05 PM
Thanks for responses. I'm trying to figure out a better formatting. Can SMF handle HTML/HTMLtables? Let's see...

[HTML]

asdf fdsa

[HTML]

Edit: seems not...  Undecided
August 15, 2015, 05:39:47 PM
Nxt support atomic transaction.

From Nxt forum:
The account control is not a workaround, it was always part of the two phased transactions design but there was no time to implement it for 1.5. Of course the parameters of the voting model will be fixed with the transaction that enables account control for an account, and can only be changed or removed with a transaction that is also phased, under the same voting model.

From security point of view, account control is not 2FA, because it only increases the security from one password to two or more passwords, of the same type. The 2FA planned for 1.7 is based on hash chains, once enabled, each transaction of the protected account will need to be released by publishing a one-time hash, meaning that an attacker that knows the account password and the hash codes used so far still cannot produce the hash needed for the next transaction. It should be possible to combine this with account control too.

Often overlooked features of phasing are the by-transaction and by-hash (shared secret) phasing types, and those two can be used for trustless escrow or atomic cross-chain transactions even now, they do not require account control.

And have market pegged asset such as CoinoUSD.

For Nxt features, you can take a look at this comparison matrix:

http://i.cubeupload.com/WYbaSu.jpg

However, please note that only Nxt features are up to date. Features from the others platform are not update yet.

Edit: latest Nxt release 1.5.15 now support "offline transaction" too. This is a very good security improvement, imo.
Activity: 672
August 15, 2015, 05:36:07 PM
Qora was an ICO
legendary
August 15, 2015, 04:57:20 PM
With all the hype surrounding Ethereum launch, I'd like to start putting together a comparison table of all the 2.0 platforms/coins/tokens/thingamajigs. The ones I have in mind are Bitshares, Burst, Nem, Nxt, Qora, Counterparty (Dogeparty/Clearinghouse), and Ethereum. I'm interested in mapping out their similarities and differences, particularly what each is capable and incapable of doing, but also other differences such as validation scheme (PoW or PoS), initial distribution, etc.

With that being said, here is the table:

Link to html version of table: http://myrcraft.com/2p0platformtable.html

Please comment with features/similarities/comparisons/coins you would like to see added or modified and I will update the table (or if I have anything wrong). I honestly don't know that much about many of these systems, and I'm trying to use this as an exercise to educate myself, so if you have any very informative links or anything as well, please share Smiley

Edit10: Crypti is open source! Also, Syscoin has gone to beta with distributed marketplace. Bitshares has gone 2.0 now with privacy features, multisig, and high fees.

Edit9: Removed average block time as it was completely unfilled, and added a few unique features for NEM and NXT.

Edit8: Updated a bunch of links from (need link) to actual links. Added a bunch of centralized apps and changed formatting a bit.

Edit7: Updated - added syscoin, coinousd, and links at the bottom (maybe some other stuff...). Still thinking about removing Crypti since closed source.

Edit6: Updated again, thinking about removing Crypti since it seems to be closed source.

Edit5: Updated table to HTML and added some more info. None-image version found here: http://myrcraft.com/2p0platformtable.html

Edit4: Deleted NuShares, updated a bunch of other stuff.

Edit3: Added inflationary/deflationary row. Considering dropping Nushares, maybe add Shadow(coin).

Edit2: Added Crypti.

Edit: Added NuShares, but need to look more into it seems like it's only use/goal is to be a market pegged asset, so considering removing it. Also, need to check NXT/NEM pegged assets, and maybe separate automated and atomic transactions.

Last update: 2015-10-21

Disclaimer: I own some Bitshares, Burst, Crypti, Counterparty, Ethereum, NEM, and Qora, Syscoin.
Pages:
Jump to: