Pages:
Author

Topic: The problem with atheism. - page 3. (Read 38463 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 101
November 15, 2017, 07:43:28 AM
atheists are a no religion.
everyone has their own choice, maybe, choose to be atheists already have a reason.
and they have their own way of life
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
November 15, 2017, 07:34:02 AM
Let me start by making it clear that I am an atheist.

The problem I have with the atheist agenda is that is stops at 'the non existence of God' - the same logic is not applied consistently to the whole of the human condition.

If I examine my life and use this same 'spaghetti monster' logic, I am drawn to the same conclusions about all my actions and activities - they are all as equally pointless and irrational as worshiping God.

If I rationally examine my sense of self I realize that it is just a genetic innovation - it encourages self preservation - genetic selfishness creates a genetically induced illusion of self worth.

My desire to survive is itself as delusional as a belief in God - pain and my fear of pain are a genetically induced survival mechanism I am in thrall to.

If I believe in God and survive then it is no different to not believing in God and surviving - nature will select for survival.

But my actual survival is meaningless whether I believe in God or otherwise.

This is the only conclusion that can be logically formed from a real examination of life.

Atheism is merely another tribal display - a peacock's tail trying to attract a mate through a verbal display of intelligence.

Well, if you're an atheist, whatever you do won't have any consequences in this life. That whatever happens to you is of your own doing. Whatever happens to you is also of your own doing. There won't be a higher being to thank, no higher being to ask for help but yourself. Ultimately, after your life ends that's it. No heaven, no hell. No punishment for the wicked and no reward for the righteous
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 26, 2017, 02:54:59 PM
The problem with the atheist is, sometimes they do not respect other religion just to prove that they right. And just to prove that they do not believe in religion.
Activity: 62
October 26, 2017, 12:56:08 PM
Belief is their own, atheism is also a view, I think there is the existence of God, after all, the world has a lot of wonderful things
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
October 19, 2017, 03:12:41 PM
I completely agree with the Opening Post of this thread. And the final statement deserves even a standing ovation.
It does not even need to foresee the present situation in the world with regard to atheism, because it can be seen with the naked eye that humanity is beginning to preach the cult of atheism very strongly.
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
October 19, 2017, 01:34:50 PM
I completely agree with the Opening Post of this thread. And the final statement deserves even a standing ovation.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 18, 2017, 11:19:35 PM
Agreed, atheism is a mere display of intelligence by revoking the belief of the other. If one simply fails to defend the faith he/she is holding on to, then atheism wins; as simple as that. The stand of atheism is simply believing that there is no God or neus that influence the start of everything. It is easier to reject different facts/opinions by just shrugging the idea and throwing incomprehensible life facts. Simply asking why God allows evil is a simple gate of atheists to win a debate. Atheism is standing on its own firm core, to deject and reject, and that is the problem.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 15, 2017, 06:22:07 AM
The real problem with atheism they are not believing in church but they do believe in their own belief like that god doesn't exist anymore or having a bad experience i know they believing in god when they was a kid but having an bad experience while they growing up.

Many people who confess to being atheist have not thought the thing out. They haven't looked at the definition of atheism, or considered the machine-like qualities of nature.

Often these people are stirred up by those who have an agenda, call themselves atheists for political reasons, but couldn't care less about the whole idea.

Cool
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
May 15, 2017, 04:24:27 AM
The real problem with atheism they are not believing in church but they do believe in their own belief like that god doesn't exist anymore or having a bad experience i know they believing in god when they was a kid but having an bad experience while they growing up.
I will not say that I am not interested in the topic of atheism, but I often have their debts towards believing people and towards God. I can not understand why he was not so zealously opposed from the fact that someone chooses faith and goes to God their way. What is the residual purpose of atheism and in general who has slaughtered this attitude to religion.
I guess there are too many things that can make one person to become an atheist. But for true believers that can not happen that easy. And when i say true believers i do not mean blind fools who follow just because they are said to do this or that. Belief comes from within the person, and its not something that can be lost so easily. But i understand why some people tend to go to atheism, and i can only accept there view of things and respect their choice.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
May 15, 2017, 04:14:46 AM
-Obvious scam-

Hey man.
Just to adress your big question of "religious being the big winner of Darwin evolution" as you say.

Simple question: do you think religion is a genetic characteristic?

Why do you say "scam", when I am sourcing statistics from secular governments? You wont find any country in the entire world where nonbelievers have enough children to atleast replace their own numbers. In such cases evolution theory prescripts extinction, no?
Nope. And that's where the scam is.
I'm calling your theory a scam because the base of it is false, not because the data are.

Indeed, atheist scientists do believe there is such thing as "religious gene", thats what you are asking right? You do not care for what I think. So let atheists speak for themselves and how they admit, that religious will inherit the Earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_gene

Oh it's not that I don't care for what you think! It's just that there is a difference between "I think that" and "that is the truth" Wink

Please just read your own link and see how only a few religious scientists actually defend this theory of a god gene, all the others are saying it has nothing specific to do with God or religion.

Already wrote, that I see convergence between science and religion as both complement each other in description of natural phenomena and Gods will. One from material, the other from spiritual perspective.

Well here is why your theory is a scam from a scientific point of view:
1/ You lack one information. The Darwin's evolution theory is NOT "evolutionnary winner makes the most children" but "evolutionnary winner have the greater genetic legacy". It means that if the birth rate is 7 but the death rate is 6 before the age of 30, it's not an evolutionnary success. You have to take into account the survival of the children until they're able to procreate again, not just the number of children.
2/ Darwinism is fit ONLY to genetic legacy. If you separate religious people from other people it just doesn't lead to any conlusion because religion is NOT a genetic phenomenon. So it doesn't matter how much they breed, their religion isn't in their genes ^^
To give you a conrete example: if short people had an evolutionnary advantage there would be more and more short people... Simply because those being short would make more children and those children would survive more easily and statistically short people would make much more short people because it's a genetic characteristic. While religion is an education question so it has no link with genes.

You migh be able to create a Darwin theory for social characteristics and education though, that might be possible I don't know. But Darwinism doesn't prove your point Wink
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
May 15, 2017, 12:55:59 AM
I will not say that I am not interested in the topic of atheism, but I often have their debts towards believing people and towards God. I can not understand why he was not so zealously opposed from the fact that someone chooses faith and goes to God their way. What is the residual purpose of atheism and in general who has slaughtered this attitude to religion.
Activity: 70
May 15, 2017, 12:26:08 AM
The problem with Atheism is that they do not believe in God. Cool
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
May 14, 2017, 10:39:36 PM
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
May 14, 2017, 09:58:56 PM
-Obvious scam-

Hey man.
Just to adress your big question of "religious being the big winner of Darwin evolution" as you say.

Why do you say "scam", when I am sourcing statistics from secular governments? You wont find any country in the entire world where nonbelievers have enough children to atleast replace their own numbers. In such cases evolution theory prescripts extinction, no?

Indeed, atheist scientists do believe there is such thing as "religious gene", thats what you are asking right? You do not care for what I think. So let atheists speak for themselves and how they admit, that religious will inherit the Earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_gene

Already wrote, that I see convergence between science and religion as both complement each other in description of natural phenomena and Gods will. One from material, the other from spiritual perspective.
legendary
May 14, 2017, 10:25:50 AM
I also do not know whose problem this is atheism. Or is it the problem of believers or atheists themselves. I just wonder what their beliefs are based on. After all, Faith has existed for many hundreds of years.

Atheists simply want to do things that God's law tells them not to do. So, they think that if they can get rid of God, they can get rid of the law. They don't realize that their whining amounts to nothing. But they will understand in the Judgment. Too late for them then.

Cool

Yes, it's true.
Only from god we can receive absolute values and guidance in our lives.
without absolute, eternal being, our creator, God, there are no absolute values or purpose in life.
Atheism follow human, changeable and relative values and often they are confuse about their direction or purpose in life.
Life is much more than just to work, eat or sleep.

But regarding actual atheism, itself, nobody knows that God doesn't exist. Since atheism says that God doesn't exist, there really isn't any atheism. There are only people who are trying to be atheists. The more they try, the greater is their failure.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
May 14, 2017, 08:35:41 AM
I also do not know whose problem this is atheism. Or is it the problem of believers or atheists themselves. I just wonder what their beliefs are based on. After all, Faith has existed for many hundreds of years.

Atheists simply want to do things that God's law tells them not to do. So, they think that if they can get rid of God, they can get rid of the law. They don't realize that their whining amounts to nothing. But they will understand in the Judgment. Too late for them then.

Cool

Yes, it's true.
Only from god we can receive absolute values and guidance in our lives.
without absolute, eternal being, our creator, God, there are no absolute values or purpose in life.
Atheism follow human, changeable and relative values and often they are confuse about their direction or purpose in life.
Life is much more than just to work, eat or sleep.

legendary
May 13, 2017, 03:43:08 PM

Cool
Activity: 109
Merit: 100
May 13, 2017, 03:21:45 PM
legendary
May 13, 2017, 03:21:31 PM
-Obvious scam-

Hey man.

It is!

But even our free will is a cause and effect thing in close to 100% of it. The tiny sliver of a percent that has free will in it, is the thing that God uses to judge how He will dictate the rest of our life through cause and effect.

Cool

No link between my question and your remark...
If you think religion is a genetic characteristic that means there is no merit in being a religious person.
It means people who are religious are because of there genes and people who are not religious aren't because of there genes...

And as God is the one who created the humans and there genes, isn't it incredibly mean and sadistic from him to punish those who simply don't have the genes to be religious?

It seems that the only thing you looked at was the "It is!" part. That doesn't mean you would necessarily understand the rest of it.

However, if you understood the rest of it, you would see:
1. That God gives us freedom;
2. while remaining God, so...
3. ...that He can keep us from our own demise;
4. while maintaining our freedom for us.

Not only is God fair, but He is fair above and beyond what anyone could imagine or expect.

Cool
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
May 13, 2017, 12:56:06 PM
Anyway this whole darwinism of religious people is both false and stupid.

It's just a scam, don't fall for it people Wink
Pages:
Jump to: