Pages:
Author

Topic: The problem with atheism. - page 5. (Read 38463 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
May 10, 2017, 07:42:31 AM
For me, religion does not occur. I don't believe in such nonsense. There are signs or not I don't care. Religion is a parasite to exploit its host.
Activity: 43
May 10, 2017, 04:10:41 AM
Atheism is just another religion.
Another group of people that believe something they can't prove.

I don't really care if you believe in a god or not.
I do have a problem with anyone trying to force their religion, including atheism on others.

I am not a religious person myself.
I guess that makes me agnostic.

I generally don't think or care about it much, until some ass hole(s) decides they want to change my country'so heritage, monuments, or anything else.

Just because you don't like something doesn't give you special privileges to dictate to others.

Before the stupid argument comes up about separation of church and state here in the US.

That is way overused incorrectly.
It is not freedom from religion, it is specifically forbidding the government from setting any religion up as "the" official religion of the country.

If you want to get offended by a cross monument in a public park, that has been there for decades, or a plaque with the golden rule or 10 commandments in a school or courthouse.
You are an idiot!
Ignore it if you don't like it.

There is nothing in the world that says you choosing to be offended, gives you any power over others.

OK rant over for now Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
May 09, 2017, 09:07:35 PM
Let me start by making it clear that I am an atheist.

The problem I have with the atheist agenda is that is stops at 'the non existence of God' - the same logic is not applied consistently to the whole of the human condition.

If I examine my life and use this same 'spaghetti monster' logic, I am drawn to the same conclusions about all my actions and activities - they are all as equally pointless and irrational as worshiping God.

If I rationally examine my sense of self I realize that it is just a genetic innovation - it encourages self preservation - genetic selfishness creates a genetically induced illusion of self worth.

My desire to survive is itself as delusional as a belief in God - pain and my fear of pain are a genetically induced survival mechanism I am in thrall to.

If I believe in God and survive then it is no different to not believing in God and surviving - nature will select for survival.

But my actual survival is meaningless whether I believe in God or otherwise.

This is the only conclusion that can be logically formed from a real examination of life.

Atheism is merely another tribal display - a peacock's tail trying to attract a mate through a verbal display of intelligence.

It's just a proof that God do really exist. You just have to accept it to yourself. Accept God and let God move in your life. We people are limited on our understanding, do not based on what your knowledge. God is Sovereign. I believe He is moving now in your life.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
May 09, 2017, 07:10:37 PM
Well there are a few people who are atheist or have a clue what its mean to be a atheist besides there are many people who think they are posses by demons just to think diferent than the church
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
May 09, 2017, 07:09:10 PM
Atheists arguments are well founded, when you get down to the nitty gritty.
The reality of it all is that God has a lot to answer for.

Atheism says that there is no God. It doesn't have anything to do with God answering for anything.

Cool

Indeed, Magpieguy seems to confuse choice to not believe with being angry at God.

the problem with Atheism is that few people have any clue and are too stupid to be atheists...

It is a problem simply because those who are atheists have to suffer through life because he majority of people are just that stupid!

I understand where you are coming from. Also, see above.
Activity: 79
May 09, 2017, 06:05:30 PM
the problem with Atheism is that few people have any clue and are too stupid to be atheists...

It is a problem simply because those who are atheists have to suffer through life because he majority of people are just that stupid!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 09, 2017, 06:01:09 PM

Atheism says that there is no God. It doesn't have anything to do with God answering for anything.

Cool
Activity: 25
May 09, 2017, 05:47:46 PM
legendary
May 09, 2017, 04:52:20 PM
^^^^^ Well, they should be dying out if they base their atheism religion on evolution. Evolution is a mathematical impossibility - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14706492. Irreducible Complexity also destroys evolution: There is no purpose for the evolution of the eye before it was completely developed.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
May 09, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

The answer is simple.  Life wants to sustain itself.  So it will propagate better in suitable environments.

Atheists are generally more intelligent and better educated, probably plan their families better and have 1-2 kids that read from 1000s of books rather than have 20-30 kids that don't read or read from 1 book.

Yes, atheists take their lives into their own hands, and do not become slaves of religion and live in constant fear that they will do something against God's will.

Constant fear?  I thought religions were in the business of instilling fear.

I cannot speak for all atheists, but I do not fear your Gods, fairies, ghosts, daemons and every other imagined concepts you guys came up with.

I asked God many times to post here, or take this site down.  So far no response.

I guess he is 'busy' fucking little boys...
May 09, 2017, 04:36:54 PM
It seems to me that religion is the continuation of politics. Atheists are people who have their own opinion and do not suffer when they are run. Religion is fake, but it is beneficial to the state and why politicians support religion. Maybe because atheists less.
In fact, one can understand why atheists are so strongly opposed to believers and God Himself. Maybe these are the very people who are disappointed or faced with very strong problems. But the bulk of them just went after someone who can talk convincing.
Atheists never conflict with believers. They just do not notice them. On the contrary, believers behave more aggressively to those who do not believe in God.

Atheists conflict with atheism. How? Atheism says that God does not exist. But nobody has been to the constellation Orion to see if God is there or not. Nobody has been inside the earth to see if God is there or not. This means that nobody knows for sure that God DOESN'T exist. Because of this, atheism doesn't exist even though a bunch of people think and say that it does.

Cool

I would love to see atleast SOME of present atheists to pick up the challenge I left for them and prove to me, why atheism is right, when atheist population keeps dying out on its own.

Only thing that proves is, that even evolution, that they love to use as counter against believers actually favours people of Faith, who organize themselves according to common moral compass.

In the future we might see convergence between Faith and science, not opposition.

More information on the subject: http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_fertility_rates

Everybody reading is welcome to challenge data present.
legendary
May 09, 2017, 04:28:20 PM
It seems to me that religion is the continuation of politics. Atheists are people who have their own opinion and do not suffer when they are run. Religion is fake, but it is beneficial to the state and why politicians support religion. Maybe because atheists less.
In fact, one can understand why atheists are so strongly opposed to believers and God Himself. Maybe these are the very people who are disappointed or faced with very strong problems. But the bulk of them just went after someone who can talk convincing.
Atheists never conflict with believers. They just do not notice them. On the contrary, believers behave more aggressively to those who do not believe in God.

Atheists conflict with atheism. How? Atheism says that God does not exist. But nobody has been to the constellation Orion to see if God is there or not. Nobody has been inside the earth to see if God is there or not. This means that nobody knows for sure that God DOESN'T exist. Because of this, atheism doesn't exist even though a bunch of people think and say that it does.

Cool
May 09, 2017, 04:23:38 PM

I think you need an education. A LOT OF IT. Just some rather recent examples I provide below have bodycount in excess of 100 million dead and tortured.

Germany:

Communist Russia:

Communist China:

Red Khmers of Cambodia:

This is not about faith and never was. Faith is as natural to human beings as is private enterprise. Extension of the first is religion, extension of the latter is corporation. We were gifted with high intellect, so it is only natural, that we tend to flock to groups, which can archieve far more than any lonely individual could hope.
Activity: 53
May 09, 2017, 04:01:08 PM
May 09, 2017, 03:56:42 PM
Yes, atheists take their lives into their own hands, and do not become slaves of religion and live in constant fear that they will do something against God's will.

So your argument for human extinction is "take their lives into their own hands"? Well, sir, you are not doing very good job at that. The only reason why atheist/agnostic population in the west did not collapse already is apostacy from established religions. In the east same thing happened through sheer state terror of totalitarian regimes, who tried (in vain) to replace God with state of Big Brother.

Atheists have significant problems starting families and having numerous children.

So this is not problem of faith, but rather lack of it and firm moral compass that accompanies it.

Population in developed country needs 2.1 children per every woman to stay stable. Not to grow, but only to replenish its own numbers. No secular society is capable of doing that and there is no reversal on the horizon.

Secular cults like feminists on one hand argue that founding family is supporting "patriarchal order", while anti-feminists love to respond that children means financial baggage for men anyway. Both groups only deepen demographic death spiral.

So stop writing to me "yes" and instead tell me how exactly is atheism solving anything, when from the point of natural selection it is its own judge, jury and executioner. Buddhists, Christians or Sikhs dont even have to argue your points, they just have to outlast you.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkotkin/2017/02/01/death-spiral-demographics-the-countries-shrinking-the-fastest/#44682a8db83c
Activity: 152
May 09, 2017, 03:37:56 PM
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
May 09, 2017, 02:38:39 PM
Gentlemen,

I want to thank you all for interesting thoughts you have come up with. Ranging from "faith is as important as air for human beings" to "religions is poison and its followers zombies". Frankly, little can be decided by words as ultimately the choice is yours. Every single one of us was born with free will.

May I present to you far more earthly and mundane question?

If atheism and the lack of faith is the answer of future... why is natural selection and evolution choosing against atheists? It applies globally and regionally, across races and incomes and education. Religious people have more children that (within same socioeconomic group) live longer, healthier and especially for certain groups (mormons, evangelicals, jews) attain higher educational archievement, than either atheists or population average.

This is not about philosophy. It is pure statistics and reason backed by numbers. I am eager to hear your thoughts.

United nations predictions for 2025:

From the evolutionary perspective, our descendants may look on atheism the same way we look today at ancient greek pantheon. Inspiring but ultimately pointless exercise and dead end.

The answer is simple.  Life wants to sustain itself.  So it will propagate better in suitable environments.

Atheists are generally more intelligent and better educated, probably plan their families better and have 1-2 kids that read from 1000s of books rather than have 20-30 kids that don't read or read from 1 book.

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
May 09, 2017, 03:26:06 PM
Activity: 204
May 09, 2017, 03:04:22 PM
Gentlemen,

I want to thank you all for interesting thoughts you have come up with. Ranging from "faith is as important as air for human beings" to "religions is poison and its followers zombies". Frankly, little can be decided by words as ultimately the choice is yours. Every single one of us was born with free will.

May I present to you far more earthly and mundane question?

If atheism and the lack of faith is the answer of future... why is natural selection and evolution choosing against atheists? It applies globally and regionally, across races and incomes and education. Religious people have more children that (within same socioeconomic group) live longer, healthier and especially for certain groups (mormons, evangelicals, jews) attain higher educational archievement, than either atheists or population average.

This is not about philosophy. It is pure statistics and reason backed by numbers. I am eager to hear your thoughts.

United nations predictions for 2025:

From the evolutionary perspective, our descendants may look on atheism the same way we look today at ancient greek pantheon. Inspiring but ultimately pointless exercise and dead end.

Activity: 263
Merit: 250
May 09, 2017, 01:46:18 PM
Every person on the planet have right to believe what they want. Either that be God, or they believe that God does not exist, or maybe they believe in teachings of Buddha, it is all the same to the world. What is important in life is not do you believe in good or now, it is important not to cause suffering to other people and even more important that this one before is that you are happy with you life. There is nothing more to this mortal life than that...

Right. You can believe in anything only so that it does not harm others and not impose your own way of life on someone.
What do you ever seen believers who do not impose their faith to others? Every religion encourages its parishioners for what they bring to them new people. So they always try to impose the religion of others and to appease this God of his.

Yes, all the deeply religious people become obsessed with attracting new victims for the observance of their religion. It's horrible.
It reminds me of drug addiction. Every addict in my life involves the process of drug abuse a lot of other people. And people's reaction to drug use and religion are very similar. May be religion is the opium of the people?

Yes, there is something in it. Such people remind me of another zombie. They do not have normal hobbies and conversations, they are only interested in religion and they pray for days on end.
Pages:
Jump to: