Pages:
Author

Topic: The problem with atheism. - page 8. (Read 38463 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 02, 2013, 09:06:49 AM
Rassah:

Do you believe there are non-empirical truths or undecideable truths (e.g. "This sentence is false") that are real? 

No I do not.

If so, why do you not include at least minimal consideration of these truths in your model of understanding of the Universe?

Because I believe truth requires empirical evidence or logical deduction. Otherwise it's an opinion.

If not, then why don't you believe these truths exist when they have been acknowledged by prestigious mathematicians, scientists, and philosophers (and especially when some are self-evidently real)?

Because that's an argument from authority, and smart people make mistakes? We had a pretty good model of our solar system that had the earth in the center, created by some really smart people, and the middle even worked correctly to predict locations of sun and planets. They were still wrong in the end.

Most importantly, a "truth" that is not based on anything real (or empirical) is about as useful as the statement that "unicorns like carrots." Sure, that's nice. Why should anyone care?

Your conclusion does not follow from your belief.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
November 02, 2013, 06:01:47 AM
I have been following this conversation about my debt, I have to jump in and say a few things.

Either you make a payment to him, or you don't intend to pay him back at all...
I don't think that's how it works, especially coming from you, no offence.  I have paid him 23 BTC, I clearly intend to pay back.  It's squall's money, he can ask me this himself if he wants his bitcents over time rather than a big ole sum of coinage.

Dank has asked me if I am willing to lift the scammer tag so it can be easier for him to work back some money, I actually considered this, I have not considered receiving micro cents in repayment, To make things clear, I have not or ever said I don't want the money back, I just don't have faith that it will. I am in a paradox as if I lifted the scammer tag, Dank could slip back into the old ways and loose other peoples money, If I do, He could pay me back quicker.

I'll say it again, I do not go blind.  And I will not starve.  As a matter of fact, I don't believe I will die either, I will ascend to the fifth dimension.  I am god and I am infinitely powerful.

My body would rot, who cares, it's the experience of the spirit that matters.  As I said, we are multidimensional, when you die, you change channels, to unity, and truth.  A place you are fully capable of experiencing on earth, yet your fear blocks you from doing so.

If only it worked that way, the government's wetdream.

My conscious is burdened by my failure to payback squall.  Which is why I will correct my mistakes.  There is no such thing as ownership on the universal scale.

This is an admirable belief, however it coincides with mine, I have seen enough of the occult with my own eyes to draw my own conclusion, I'm not here to convince you of my beliefs, just to hold you to yours.

You forget that you gave you soul/spirit to squall when you stole money from him.  All you have left is your body, which will start to rot the minute you die.

I will post a pic of the stone it's bound to if you like.

I would be happy to help Dank clear his name, If he really would consider a micro payback of something a month, That can be arranged, Maybe we can arrange with mod to lift his scammer whilst in payback (A warning can still be left), if a payment is missed, it goes back on?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 02, 2013, 01:40:55 AM
Rassah:

Do you believe there are non-empirical truths or undecideable truths (e.g. "This sentence is false") that are real? 

No I do not.

If so, why do you not include at least minimal consideration of these truths in your model of understanding of the Universe?

Because I believe truth requires empirical evidence or logical deduction. Otherwise it's an opinion.

If not, then why don't you believe these truths exist when they have been acknowledged by prestigious mathematicians, scientists, and philosophers (and especially when some are self-evidently real)?

Because that's an argument from authority, and smart people make mistakes? We had a pretty good model of our solar system that had the earth in the center, created by some really smart people, and the middle even worked correctly to predict locations of sun and planets. They were still wrong in the end.

Most importantly, a "truth" that is not based on anything real (or empirical) is about as useful as the statement that "unicorns like carrots." Sure, that's nice. Why should anyone care?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 02, 2013, 01:34:52 AM
I'll say it again, I do not go blind.  And I will not starve.  As a matter of fact, I don't believe I will die either, I will ascend to the fifth dimension.  I am god and I am infinitely powerful.

OK, prove it! Stop eating and drinking, and survive as a god. And trust me, I will know if you eat or drink something.

Actually, how the fuck are you still alive? Which moron is supporting your wasteful useless ass?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
November 01, 2013, 11:41:54 PM
You sound like you're extorting me for money that doesn't belong to you.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 01, 2013, 11:28:32 PM
Well, no shit, I was preparing for my death as a sacrifice for man kind.

Now that I am aware nobody will kill me, I am preparing to establish a foundation to support myself and progress forward towards world peace.

COOL.  Now that you are aware nobody is going to kill you, how much are you going to pay Squall this month

0.1btc is a reasonable amount, and it would give you a month of harassment free scamming...
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 01, 2013, 11:28:17 PM
You're just spamming good topics.  Anybody can click the trust icon and see your input, which is totally valid.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 01, 2013, 11:27:12 PM
Well, no shit, I was preparing for my death as a sacrifice for man kind.

Now that I am aware nobody will kill me, I am preparing to establish a foundation to support myself and progress forward towards world peace.
Vod
legendary
November 01, 2013, 11:13:13 PM
I don't think that's how it works, especially coming from you, no offence.  I have paid him 23 BTC, I clearly intend to pay back.  It's squall's money, he can ask me this himself if he wants his bitcents over time rather than a big ole sum of coinage.

You "paid" 23btc many months ago, and nothing since.  Why not make a monthly payment to show him you haven't forgotten?

You clearly don't respect your debt, since even 0.1btc would show you are making an effort.

Count on me to remind you of your debt in every thread until you start making payments.  That's what you wanted when you took his loan.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 01, 2013, 11:07:46 PM
Vod
legendary
November 01, 2013, 10:56:45 PM
But as I just pointed out, that's $120/year, or $1200/decade, by when BTC will surely be $5000+.

Let me work on me for now, I am not forgetting about squall.  The more help I get towards myself now, the more I can help squall and others in the future.

So you are working on it.  What amount are you going to give to squall this November?

You probably don't realize it with brain damage, but your arguments hold no water.    0.00000001BTC is equal to 2 ten thousandths of a cent (5,000 of them would equal one penny.)  

Are you saying you can't even afford to send squall ONE CENT this month?

legendary
You cannot kill love
November 01, 2013, 10:53:49 PM
But as I just pointed out, that's $120/year, or $1200/decade, by when BTC will surely be $5000+.

Let me work on me for now, I am not forgetting about squall.  The more help I get towards myself now, the more I can help squall and others in the future.
Vod
legendary
November 01, 2013, 10:44:53 PM
$10 a month for a year is $120/$10000.  If squall asked me about this, I would be open to it, though I don't really see it being anymore efficient then me investing that money at the time being.

So you are open to paying $10USD this month (November) as part of your loan repayment?  I assume you'll continue to barter on this forum so next month your income will increase and your payment can increase.

If you agree, I will point Squall to this thread to post a repayment address.

The DIFFERENCE is he will have his money instead of you having his money. 
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 01, 2013, 10:42:28 PM
$10 a month for a year is $120/$10000.  If squall asked me about this, I would be open to it, though I don't really see it being anymore efficient then me investing that money at the time being.

Squall will get what's his and he will have all eternity to enjoy it.  I know it's not acceptable but on the universal scale it's quite a minute problem in the long run.
Vod
legendary
November 01, 2013, 10:18:58 PM
None yet, as I said, I want to establish some income to make sure I can support myself before I start paying back a large debt.  I don't think squall cares how long I wait, for the longer I wait, the more he will collect.

You are wrong.  Squall wants his money.  It doesn't matter what interest you offer if you never intend to pay back. 

Bitcoin is divisible to 8 units.  Don't tell me you can't start paying him a small sum each month and increase that as you establish income.  If I was looking at $100/month to support myself, I would have no problem paying $10/month to someone if I was sincere in paying them back.

So, let's set a bitcoin amount, like 0.1btc.  Squall will post an address, and this month you will deposit 0.1btc in the address.  Next month, depending how you are doing, you can deposit more, like 0.2btc.

This paying NOTHING and promising the world is not acceptable.  You have broken all previous promises.

legendary
You cannot kill love
November 01, 2013, 10:09:36 PM
None yet, as I said, I want to establish some income to make sure I can support myself before I start paying back a large debt.  I don't think squall cares how long I wait, for the longer I wait, the more he will collect.

But shall we keep this on topic?
Vod
legendary
November 01, 2013, 09:43:59 PM
ten years till the end of the fourth dimensional world.

Ok, I'll make this easy for your damaged brain.

How much are you paying squall each month to show an effort to repay?
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 01, 2013, 09:43:09 PM
ten years till the end of the fourth dimensional world.
Vod
legendary
November 01, 2013, 09:39:17 PM
I will do my best to repay with much time before the concert.  I should be able to because I should be on tour by then.

You have unlimited time for that (well, until you die).  I doubt squall will want to wait 50 years for his payment. 

So how much are you sending him every month?

It should be less than ten.  I do not want to spend unlimited time in hell, I want to have the concert at 27, so that's what I intend to do.  I need some time to setup a foundation under me beforehand.

Less than ten bitcoins?  Per month?  Per year?

Please tell us what regular payment you are making to squall (you can always adjust it as you make more) so we know you are serious about repaying him.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 01, 2013, 09:36:49 PM
I will do my best to repay with much time before the concert.  I should be able to because I should be on tour by then.

You have unlimited time for that (well, until you die).  I doubt squall will want to wait 50 years for his payment. 

So how much are you sending him every month?

It should be less than ten.  I do not want to spend unlimited time in hell, I want to have the concert at 27, so that's what I intend to do.  I need some time to setup a foundation under me beforehand.
Pages:
Jump to: