Pages:
Author

Topic: The problem with atheism. - page 7. (Read 38463 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
May 08, 2017, 12:19:02 PM
So sayeth the prophets.

Atheism, science, government...they are all their own forms of religions with their priests/pastors, bishops, popes, scriptures, dogmas, along with their own ways of dealing with "sinners" that don't follow their commandments.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
May 08, 2017, 06:30:59 AM
Great thread great answers.

About absolution, I'm no catholic i.e. no sins, no hell and not a helluva lot preoccupied with heaven i.e. European protestant.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 04, 2013, 08:27:33 PM
Life is a learning experience, all you can do is learn from your mistakes, ask for forgiveness and move on.

I have less than .002, I will pay him when I have more.

But you guaranteed your funds to him.  That doesn't mean you learn from your mistakes and move on.  It means you repay him first.
If I am unable to do something, I will not let that bring me down, I will learn and move on until I can do it.

Can we get this thread on topic, it was good.

Sure.  Start making good on your debt.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/danks-chance-to-clear-his-name-on-hold-325070
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
November 03, 2013, 11:52:23 PM
Life is a learning experience, all you can do is learn from your mistakes, ask for forgiveness and move on.

But you guaranteed your funds to him.  That doesn't mean you learn from your mistakes and move on.  It means you repay him first.
If I am unable to do something, I will not let that bring me down, I will learn and move on until I can do it.

Can we get this thread on topic, it was good.
Vod
legendary
November 03, 2013, 11:36:30 PM

legendary
You cannot kill love
November 03, 2013, 11:34:16 PM

Vod
legendary
November 03, 2013, 11:32:07 PM
And I learned, nothing is guaranteed, you can die tomorrow, tonight, right now.  I had used my investors money for real commodities and I was scammed for $500 on two occasions.  I would have had plenty money for squall if I didn't get fucked.

Did you tell squall that?  No, you told him your deposits were GUARANTEED.  Your words.

Bad times or good, you need to start paying squall back that money.  You did a loan of 0.1 btc the last couple days, I think it's safe to say you can deposit 0.01 btc into squall's account.  And we will go from there, every time you transact money on here, you pay back squall a little bit until you are even. 
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 03, 2013, 11:29:16 PM
First of all, that quote is nothing like what I just posted.

Secondly, I didn't mean to scam squall, I got fucked and it was passed on to him.

Thridly, what does this have to do with atheism?

First, that is an exact quote of yours.  People can click on the quote title to go to your post.  Because you are a scammer, you cannot edit your posts.

Secondly, you guaranteed your funds.  You lied to people that you were investing responsibly, when you were just buying whatever you wanted, hoping that new money would be there tomorrow in the form of new deposits.  Once your ponzi stopped getting deposits, you defaulted.

Thirdly,  I don't know, what does this have to do with atheism?
Okay dude, "Dank Soul Guarantee - Danksurance
The Dank Soul Gurantee is my karma based system of insurance.  I acknowledge and respect that karma would play a negative role on me if I were to steal anybodies deposit, thus, offering an incentive to not perform such an action.  Dank Bank, as with many other investment opportunities, is largely trust based.  I hereby give my word and my soul that I will perform as an honest trader, no exceptions."

!=

"It would not be in my best interest to steal anybodies money.  I want to organize a million person concert to bring world peace, which will take a good deal of resources and time and more importantly, faith.  With living expenses of just $10/day, it would cost $3650 just for a year of living (and expenses are much more than that), or $18,000+ for five years.  It would be detrimental if I were to fuck up another loan, that money wouldn't last forever and I don't know how I would rebuild trust with those needed to assemble the concert."

Secondly, you guaranteed your funds.  You lied to people that you were investing responsibly, when you were just buying whatever you wanted, hoping that new money would be there tomorrow in the form of new deposits.  Once your ponzi stopped getting deposits, you defaulted
And I learned, nothing is guaranteed, you can die tomorrow, tonight, right now.  I had used my investors money for real commodities and I was scammed for $500 on two occasions.  I would have had plenty money for squall if I didn't get fucked.
Vod
legendary
November 03, 2013, 11:23:23 PM

Secondly, I didn't mean to scam squall, I got fucked and it was passed on to him.

First, that is an exact quote of yours.  People can click on the quote title to go to your post.  Because you are a scammer, you cannot edit your posts.

Secondly, you guaranteed your funds.  You lied to people that you were investing responsibly, when you were just buying whatever you wanted, hoping that new money would be there tomorrow in the form of new deposits.  Once your ponzi stopped getting deposits, you defaulted.

Thirdly,  I don't know, what does this have to do with atheism?
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 03, 2013, 11:17:25 PM

Vod
legendary
November 03, 2013, 09:04:40 PM
Haha, hilarious!

dank, you can still have a soul, I can sell you mine, 5 bitcoins and it's yours!

Read the first couple pages of that thread - it's all pure comedy gold.

Read his promises and guarantees and all his comments about how he is not a scammer.

Then he went and scammed.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
November 03, 2013, 08:43:43 PM
Here is Dank's last "speech" promising he is too good to run off with money - right before he ran off with squall's money.

Dank Soul Guarantee - Danksurance
The Dank Soul Gurantee is my karma based system of insurance.  I acknowledge and respect that karma would play a negative role on me if I were to steal anybodies deposit, thus, offering an incentive to not perform such an action.  Dank Bank, as with many other investment opportunities, is largely trust based.  I hereby give my word and my soul that I will perform as an honest trader, no exceptions.

Since you've already given your soul away, what do you have left that would convince anyone you have changed?  Your word?   Not even your sister takes your word anymore, and she stuck with you even after your parent's didn't.

Haha, hilarious!

dank, you can still have a soul, I can sell you mine, 5 bitcoins and it's yours!
Vod
legendary
November 03, 2013, 07:35:27 PM
Here is Dank's last "speech" promising he is too good to run off with money - right before he ran off with squall's money.

Dank Soul Guarantee - Danksurance
The Dank Soul Gurantee is my karma based system of insurance.  I acknowledge and respect that karma would play a negative role on me if I were to steal anybodies deposit, thus, offering an incentive to not perform such an action.  Dank Bank, as with many other investment opportunities, is largely trust based.  I hereby give my word and my soul that I will perform as an honest trader, no exceptions.

Since you've already given your soul away, what do you have left that would convince anyone you have changed?  Your word?   Not even your sister takes your word anymore, and she stuck with you even after your parent's didn't.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 03, 2013, 07:31:34 PM
No, I don't believe I ever said that.  I have discussed things with squall and I will start paying him shortly.
Vod
legendary
November 03, 2013, 07:24:37 PM
It would not be in my best interest to steal anybodies money.  I want to organize a million person concert to bring world peace, which will take a good deal of resources and time and more importantly, faith.  With living expenses of just $10/day, it would cost $3650 just for a year of living (and expenses are much more than that), or $18,000+ for five years.  It would be detrimental if I were to fuck up another loan, that money wouldn't last forever and I don't know how I would rebuild trust with those needed to assemble the concert.

Wow - sounds just like the speech you made (offering your soul as collateral) right before you stole $10,000 of squall's money. 

I have a much better shot starting a business that brings in $1000 or so a month and going from there, which is what I'm currently working on and (hopefully) getting funding for soon.

As you expected, we'll do our best to make sure you don't get anymore funds until you start making a monthly effort to pay squall back.  That's they way trust works.

legendary
You cannot kill love
November 02, 2013, 10:18:12 PM
I am in a paradox as if I lifted the scammer tag, Dank could slip back into the old ways and loose other peoples money

Would you feel responsible if dank ended up losing other people's money? I don't think he is attached enough to reality to be trusted for anything reality based.
It would not be in my best interest to steal anybodies money.  I want to organize a million person concert to bring world peace, which will take a good deal of resources and time and more importantly, faith.  With living expenses of just $10/day, it would cost $3650 just for a year of living (and expenses are much more than that), or $18,000+ for five years.  It would be detrimental if I were to fuck up another loan, that money wouldn't last forever and I don't know how I would rebuild trust with those needed to assemble the concert.

I have a much better shot starting a business that brings in $1000 or so a month and going from there, which is what I'm currently working on and (hopefully) getting funding for soon.

And like John Proctor, I value my name, almost as much as my word.

Anyways, stealing doesn't feel good.  I went to the bathroom after waiting in a fair ride line and got back in where I thought I was and couldn't even do it, I had to get to the back of the line because I knew people's perception was that I had cut the line.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 02, 2013, 10:11:05 PM
If so, why do you not include at least minimal consideration of these truths in your model of understanding of the Universe?

Because I believe truth requires empirical evidence or logical deduction. Otherwise it's an opinion.

Your conclusion does not follow from your belief.

It does though. Do you have a different definition of empirical evidence?

My apologies, let me rephrase: Your belief is incorrect as it is a false dichotomy, and therefore your conclusion does not follow because your premise is incorrect (or at best, incomplete).
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 02, 2013, 10:06:14 PM
If so, why do you not include at least minimal consideration of these truths in your model of understanding of the Universe?

Because I believe truth requires empirical evidence or logical deduction. Otherwise it's an opinion.

Your conclusion does not follow from your belief.

It does though. Do you have a different definition of empirical evidence?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 02, 2013, 10:00:54 PM
I am in a paradox as if I lifted the scammer tag, Dank could slip back into the old ways and loose other peoples money

Would you feel responsible if dank ended up losing other people's money? I don't think he is attached enough to reality to be trusted for anything reality based.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 02, 2013, 11:49:41 AM
I have been following this conversation about my debt, I have to jump in and say a few things.

Either you make a payment to him, or you don't intend to pay him back at all...
I don't think that's how it works, especially coming from you, no offence.  I have paid him 23 BTC, I clearly intend to pay back.  It's squall's money, he can ask me this himself if he wants his bitcents over time rather than a big ole sum of coinage.

Dank has asked me if I am willing to lift the scammer tag so it can be easier for him to work back some money, I actually considered this, I have not considered receiving micro cents in repayment, To make things clear, I have not or ever said I don't want the money back, I just don't have faith that it will. I am in a paradox as if I lifted the scammer tag, Dank could slip back into the old ways and loose other peoples money, If I do, He could pay me back quicker.

I'll say it again, I do not go blind.  And I will not starve.  As a matter of fact, I don't believe I will die either, I will ascend to the fifth dimension.  I am god and I am infinitely powerful.

My body would rot, who cares, it's the experience of the spirit that matters.  As I said, we are multidimensional, when you die, you change channels, to unity, and truth.  A place you are fully capable of experiencing on earth, yet your fear blocks you from doing so.

If only it worked that way, the government's wetdream.

My conscious is burdened by my failure to payback squall.  Which is why I will correct my mistakes.  There is no such thing as ownership on the universal scale.

This is an admirable belief, however it coincides with mine, I have seen enough of the occult with my own eyes to draw my own conclusion, I'm not here to convince you of my beliefs, just to hold you to yours.

You forget that you gave you soul/spirit to squall when you stole money from him.  All you have left is your body, which will start to rot the minute you die.

I will post a pic of the stone it's bound to if you like.

I would be happy to help Dank clear his name, If he really would consider a micro payback of something a month, That can be arranged, Maybe we can arrange with mod to lift his scammer whilst in payback (A warning can still be left), if a payment is missed, it goes back on?
Squall, I'm down for micro payments but I don't see them making very much alone, but it is something rather than nothing for the time being.  I'm currently working on a new business and it may be more realistic to start payments after I have some income directed my way.

Perhaps we should move this to PM, get thread back on topic.  Vod you can message me if you have concerns.

Could I see the rock though? Grin
Pages:
Jump to: