Pages:
Author

Topic: This can be addictive!! - page 10. (Read 3779 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 13
July 13, 2018, 10:53:32 AM
You are right. It is important for people to learn to pace themselves. Some people tend to check the charts all of the time and if the market is plummeting, this can lead to them panicking and then selling off their coins at losses which is not good. Also if you do not have any experience in the market then trading is not what you should be doing. Learn to log out for a while and stay away.
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/YHngU9x
July 12, 2018, 07:17:30 AM
trading is for skilled people only.  if you want crypto trading to be part of your daily life, then learn by trading a small amount only.  it would help alot if you can get some inside information about the coin project you're trading.  and don't let emotions take over.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
July 12, 2018, 07:11:35 AM
I think that the cryptocurrency market is very attractive to investors. It is the rate of return. Everyone wants to get rich overnight, but they are afraid because of the red color of the market. This is very contradictory! Investing here, we need courage and a good attitude! Trying to watch the market only 3 times a month is a great way!
Activity: 96
Merit: 0
July 12, 2018, 07:02:19 AM
Some people buy some coins and really forget about it until the next year or two. Others check every day because they like it, or their work. I think it's just a matter of habit. But for long-term investment I think there is a point, to not too often open the chart.
Activity: 166
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
July 11, 2018, 02:18:57 PM
Don't see any 'addictions' here. Every participant works how he thinks is right. Work as you can, and your profits will show are you right ot not in this question.
Activity: 98
July 11, 2018, 08:21:02 AM
crypto like gambling, we will always be addicted if we win the bet and will be very depressed when lost. the only way is having to control ourselves, do not be too eager to get abundant results because we do not know whether we will continue to win or we will continue to lose next.
Activity: 68
July 11, 2018, 06:50:29 AM
 My first 6 months in crypto really took a large amount of my time. Reading exploring and learning things about crypto. Being updated on all the news. But now we're in the bear market I'm less focused now compared before
Activity: 94
July 10, 2018, 08:45:48 AM
Some people buy some coins and really forget about it until the next year or two. Others check every day because they like it, or their work. I think it's just a matter of habit. But for long-term investment I think there is a point, to not too often open the chart
copper member
Activity: 196
July 10, 2018, 12:16:45 AM
I'm a newbie and have been into crypto for a couple of months now.  I must say the advice from other members about not checking trades too often is very good.  One can become obsessed with it, and I think the thrill of the "win" can be quite addictive.  Similarly that depressed feeling when the world is "red" can be deflating as well.  There must be a "happy" medium, if one is to maintain a balanced life.

I can understand where you coming from when i first started my crypto journey. I did not pay much attention to my wallet as i know that since i just started my wallet should have nothing much close to 0. I think after a few months or so i got nothing to do and i just open my wallet and i see i got a coin at 5-600 value that moment i was very stun and happy .
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
July 10, 2018, 12:12:34 AM
I'm a newbie and have been into crypto for a couple of months now.  I must say the advice from other members about not checking trades too often is very good.  One can become obsessed with it, and I think the thrill of the "win" can be quite addictive.  Similarly that depressed feeling when the world is "red" can be deflating as well.  There must be a "happy" medium, if one is to maintain a balanced life.

I am also of the opinion that constant market scrutiny leads to nothing good unless you traiding on the market, but that's another thing. If you've invested, I think it's best to review the market only a few times a year. The results will come at the end.
I think that checking the market in a deep way at the end of each quarter is a necessity to see if your investments are going the way you want them but you cannot afford to not watch the market superficially at least once a week, you must remember that this market moves really fast and if you are not aware of the fast changes that happens in the market you will be unable to make the needed adjustments to your position, like buying more coins or sell some of them and buy other coins if necessary.
Activity: 82
July 09, 2018, 11:39:31 PM
if you intend to hold it for a long time then there is nothing you need to worry about because you have set a target when to sell it, whereas if you are a daily trader of course you have to pay the price every day because from there you get a profit, either the market is down or up
Activity: 73
July 09, 2018, 10:36:44 AM
Some people buy some coins and really forget about it until the next year or two. Others check every day because they like it, or their work. I think it's just a matter of habit. But for long-term investment I think there is a point, to not too often open the chart.
Activity: 700
Merit: 105
APESWAP
July 08, 2018, 10:35:20 AM
This is most effective during the very trying bear run period. In bull run, no one is concerned with their portfolio but in bear runs like we have experienced so far, the temptation is always very high. The only way out is to minimize the portfolio check habit and focus on other life moments.
Activity: 153
July 08, 2018, 10:26:36 AM
For me it make all traders addicted in crypto because some of projects here is making out time wholeday and make our time focus in here.
Activity: 66
July 08, 2018, 10:07:29 AM
I agree that crypto can be addictive. I used to spend a lot of my time in crypto every day. Until my family and friends advise me not to be so obsessed. I still check prices a few times everyday but I am having a better balance between life and crypto now.
Activity: 81
July 08, 2018, 05:29:59 AM
Always remember that you can not earn all the money of the world. Therefore, relax, go out into the street, do not get frustrated with missed opportunities and invest in new interesting projects.
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
July 07, 2018, 07:06:05 PM
Checking trades too often, is not an addiction but combination of fear and greediness. I may say some crypto people have no life, all of his/her time only intended or dedicated to monitor crypto price movement and they forget outside world. And i am one of them..
Your greedines will generate your addiction. The only person that will be succeed in the trading are those people that know about when to jump in and to go out as fast as possible when they are getting a decent profit from their daily trade. You need an interation with everyone in your life.
Activity: 420
Merit: 50
July 07, 2018, 06:59:42 PM
Lol. Everyone likes to put their head where their money is, so I wouldn't be surprised if anyone says this becomes addictive for them. It's absolutely normal for you to want to see how your coin is doing and know the trends in the market, most especially if you just joined in, but as time goes on, you begin to realize you have to give your self some break.
It is normal in this kind of technology because we put our coin in risky So we must able to keep monitoring daily or from time to time ,for me that's not an addiction to monitor but to securing the funds.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
July 07, 2018, 06:52:49 PM
I'm a newbie and have been into crypto for a couple of months now.  I must say the advice from other members about not checking trades too often is very good.  One can become obsessed with it, and I think the thrill of the "win" can be quite addictive.  Similarly that depressed feeling when the world is "red" can be deflating as well.  There must be a "happy" medium, if one is to maintain a balanced life.

I think crypto can bring some obsessions to traders. My recommend is that, do not forget that crypto shouldn't be at the center of life. And you should never invest in cryptocurrencies with big amounts which you should care about every second.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
July 07, 2018, 07:28:02 AM
Well when I first started trading I am almost addicted to checking binance every hour and I discover that I end up doing nothing else than to open and stream the binance mobile app to see how far my investment is doing. later i decided to subscribe to newsletters and update concerning the exchange I am using and also to the altcoin I am monitoring I joined their social media and on notification when new post all update is available. that is how I use to monitor investment. one a new coin is being listed i recieve update immediately and quickly check maybe I may be red. market turning red has become so common that I do not even worry alot about it again. in order to be successful trader you must learn how to manage risk.
Pages:
Jump to: