Pages:
Author

Topic: Titan Mint Coins- Serious Issue- ***NEW UPDATES*** - page 15. (Read 12708 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 113
So heres the latest. I did receive a text this am and he has followed up via email. I need to make sure its 100 percent legit before I fall for a scam.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your coins.  With the website currently down for rehabilitation, all coin redemption is being performed manually.

Manual coin redemption requires additional verification in order to ensure that we send a coin's BTC to the current rightful owner.  We appreciate your patience with this process, as it has been created to hopefully eliminate the possibility for fraudulent coin redemption.

The steps for manual redemption need to be followed in the order below for us to proceed:

Step 1. Provide Photo authentication that meets the following criteria
A.) The hologram side of the coin must be facing the camera.  Either the coin ID or the redemption code that is beneath the hologram must be legible.
B.) The hologram must be peeled, and the security pattern that appears when the hologram has been peeled must be visible in the photo.  
C.) A photo ID of the current owner of the coin, with enough detail to verify name and address, must be visible in the photo.
D.) The current date must be handwritten on a piece of paper that is visible in the photo (i.e. "January 1, 2023").  

You may include multiple coins in one photo as long as all the information requested above is clearly visible and legible.  Software is used to verify the photo's authenticity and identify any possible tampering.  Photos that have been edited, compressed, or are blurry or unclear in any way will not pass this verification.  We will notify you if additional photos are needed.

Step 2: Provide the BTC address and coin owner's residential address info
We will ask you to sign an agreement verifying that the redemption information is correct before making the transfer of BTC to your address.  This agreement will include the BTC address that your coin's value will be transferred to, as well as the residential address of the coin's current owner.  Please provide this information as text in a reply to this email.

Step 3: Reply to the email that was sent to the coin's registration address
We will send an email to the address that is on file for the coin's registration asking for authorization to redeem.  Please simply reply to that email with a confirmation that redemption is authorized.

Step 4: Sign the redemption agreement
We will fill in your bitcoin address and residential address and send you an agreement to sign which indicates that you agree to the terms of the manual coin redemption process.  As soon as that agreement is signed, your BTC can be transferred to your designated address.  This will be an e-signature unless you request to have a paper copy mailed to you.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please reply to this email and we'll work to respond as quickly as possible.  Thank you again for your patience.

- Titan Bitcoin Security Team

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
So I sent Tim a text message and get a reply back.

"The website is in the process of being rebuilt and about half of the data in the coin database was corrupted. We've moved coins to a new cold wallet so the old addresses are not accurate"

One would think instead of going silent for the last 15 or so months he would post updates here.

Wow. This is huge. Thanks for this. He never moved the BCH either. Huh

Can you post like some kind of  proof of this message you received, it just seems odd nobody else has heard fuck all... Huh

Thanks mate. Wink

https://imgur.com/sdk3xk7

If he can move them, doesn’t that mean be could send them to the people who want them redeemed? There is zero premium on a funded 2fa Titan besides whatever a peeled Titan would bring IMO

I've been meaning to catch up on this thread, a few pointed out to me what has been going on.  Obviously this is huge news.  This is exactly what I was wondering, if he's moving coins then surely it's time to be able to redeem them?

@RealHummer- thanks for sharing and the updates.  I'm glad that he's responding via text, but it would certainly be nice for him to post some updates here, let us know what's going on.  Have you gotten any other updates on your end ? 
copper member
Activity: 153
Merit: 64
₿ THE CHANGE
>85 BTC moved by titanmint vs. 1-2 BTC stolen by yogg => that's a new life vs. some 'gambling depts'  Undecided

I have no BTC in this but logical thinking tells me: if this Tim guy isn't cooperating instantly somebody from California might make sure that he isn't already on the run.
Lawyers won't help if titanmint makes 'holidays forever' at a nice place without extradition treaty, right?

Website is back online again (could easily be a diversionary tactic):
https://www.titanbtc.com/shipping-and-returns-policy/

Edit.
Activity: 868
Merit: 178
Satoshi loves sleazy bitcoin too - Ordinals

"The website is in the process of being rebuilt and about half of the data in the coin database was corrupted. We've moved coins to a new cold wallet so the old addresses are not accurate"

One would think instead of going silent for the last 15 or so months he would post updates here.

Can you post like some kind of  proof of this message you received, it just seems odd nobody else has heard fuck all... Huh

Thanks mate. Wink

If he can move them, doesn’t that mean be could send them to the people who want them redeemed? There is zero premium on a funded 2fa Titan besides whatever a peeled Titan would bring IMO
Activity: 107
Merit: 15
I presume with https://titanbtc.com/ being down there's no way for 2FA coin holders to sweep their balance?  Undecided
I havent logged in here for quite awhile. I see not much changed with Tim. I did try the link and its working so I figured I would try to redeem and like before says email sent to me to finish but nothing comes. The website shows fully funded 1 BTC but 0.00 I then put the full address in blockchain and shows it moved on 11/15/2022 with the balance at ZERO. I wish I could say it was me that moved it but not the case. Now Im pissed
12HG4YkQofvpGe2c5k7XRy1hQ5sHQEZ89E

I just checked others and same moved 11/15/2022
1P4crQC96N5q3u15vc6UqP4XgdQjqJ5iFm
15KGgy1eTBGxnUA6TZNjaSbULCSnz5Fgcy

You are referring to 2FA coins, correct? They coins for only the 2fA coins were moved?

Thanks mate. Wink

Thanks mate. Wink

Sent you a PM and also talked to Hookzup1 on the phone. No BS on my end.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Thanks mate. Wink

Everyone might want to check blockchain as it looks like a bunch was moved 11/15/22 all to the same address

bc1qx6u6v7xxx9q7l42wr3vx6e28c2ftkj8220vruu
I presume with https://titanbtc.com/ being down there's no way for 2FA coin holders to sweep their balance?  Undecided
I havent logged in here for quite awhile. I see not much changed with Tim. I did try the link and its working so I figured I would try to redeem and like before says email sent to me to finish but nothing comes. The website shows fully funded 1 BTC but 0.00 I then put the full address in blockchain and shows it moved on 11/15/2022 with the balance at ZERO. I wish I could say it was me that moved it but not the case. Now Im pissed
12HG4YkQofvpGe2c5k7XRy1hQ5sHQEZ89E

I just checked others and same moved 11/15/2022
1P4crQC96N5q3u15vc6UqP4XgdQjqJ5iFm
15KGgy1eTBGxnUA6TZNjaSbULCSnz5Fgcy
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3209
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
  You can also goto the FBI here as well. https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/cyber
legendary
need to find lawyers who understand what Bitcoin is - what cryptocurrencies are.

This

There are lawyers who specialize in blockchain / cryptocurrency…I found one in Chicago (same name as a friend I went to HS with funny enough).

Let me contact my lawyer friends to see if I can get any recommendations.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
need to find lawyers who understand what Bitcoin is - what cryptocurrencies are.
copper member
Activity: 1211
Merit: 250
I talked to 3 local lawyers about what options I have to go after Tim fillmore for my 2fa coins and they were all on the same ignorant page saying crypto is a scam and had not even the slightest understanding of bitcoin so weren't able to help so I plan to reach out to the fbi if the redemption process isn't working by the time we cross 50k again or if my coins get swept before then.  As of yesterday all my 2fa coins show funded, I check about 1x per month and will be the 1st to mention any updates regarding these coins if anything new pops up.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3209
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

If we don't take legal action against these makers, then this will just happen again and again, as people seem to still not care about buying funded items, especially one's where the maker forces the funding to be done.  It's time both Tim and Yogg get taken to court over this.  Set a precedent.  

I couldnt agree more with this statement. If there are no repercussions for these types of scammers...then what is to prevent others from following the same path unles they have good morals? At least with some fear of jail time then the future scammer might think twice before pulling the rug on us!
legendary
depends on whether he has them set up like how say a bip38 wallet works where the 2fa/pw is needed with the private key or if his 2fa was just some janky shit where you provide the 2fa code to him and he simply transfers you the funds or releases the pk to you.

from what I recall on the redemption process you had to provide him with a BTC address - which prompted me to ask wtf happens with the forks if he only transfers the BTC.  He gave some bullshit answer about how he would provide them the forks if they desired or some shit like that.

found the fuckwad's answer:

Redemption will involve Titan sending the BTC associated with a coin to the requested address.  There is a security risk posed for all Titan coin owners if we send out the Private Keys for these 2FA coins.  To date, I've let people know that we don't have a good solution for distributing forked coins (and there are many forks to consider).  We'll revisit that as we get closer to redeeming everything outstanding.

Thanks bud and nice work digging that up.  Man, what a fucking scumbag.  What's worse is him pushing people to purchase the 2FA coins over the simple private key coins.  Stating some bs that it's the safer route. 

The fork thing is certainly another big deal and even more reason why creating the 2FA coins were a horrible idea.  I'm surprised there wasn't more push back on this. 

Has there been any progress with anyone taking legal action?  ( Please DM about this as it probably makes more sense to be a bit private answering this). 

If we don't take legal action against these makers, then this will just happen again and again, as people seem to still not care about buying funded items, especially one's where the maker forces the funding to be done.  It's time both Tim and Yogg get taken to court over this.  Set a precedent.  If I had any Titan 2FA's I'd absolutely have sought legal council. 
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
depends on whether he has them set up like how say a bip38 wallet works where the 2fa/pw is needed with the private key or if his 2fa was just some janky shit where you provide the 2fa code to him and he simply transfers you the funds or releases the pk to you.

from what I recall on the redemption process you had to provide him with a BTC address - which prompted me to ask wtf happens with the forks if he only transfers the BTC.  He gave some bullshit answer about how he would provide them the forks if they desired or some shit like that.

found the fuckwad's answer:

Redemption will involve Titan sending the BTC associated with a coin to the requested address.  There is a security risk posed for all Titan coin owners if we send out the Private Keys for these 2FA coins.  To date, I've let people know that we don't have a good solution for distributing forked coins (and there are many forks to consider).  We'll revisit that as we get closer to redeeming everything outstanding.
legendary
Correct, unfortunately we were not able redeem our 2fa versions even a year before the website completely went down due to a supposed issue with the site needing updated

Thanks for the info via PM on discord explaining some of this stuff to me. 

As Hookzup explained to me, if you've got a 2FA coin without the public address or first bits, you're screwed even being able to tell if there's funds on the coin since the website is down. 

Does anyone remember how the public keys for all the 2FA Titans were distributed.  Was it via email or physical mail that came with the coin?  Crazy to me he wrote the code on the Titan COA's versus the public key or a QR code of it.

QUESTION @ EVERYONE- ...  Tim/Titan has stated before that he kept the private keys in a bank vault for the 2FA coins (could have been for all of his coins for all we know).  This is where I'm showing my bitcoin/cryptography ignorance..but are those private keys simply not enough to redeem ?  Since they are 2FA , there's a way to set it up to where you have to have both the private keys and whatever 2FA deal? 

copper member
Activity: 1211
Merit: 250
Correct, unfortunately we were not able redeem our 2fa versions even a year before the website completely went down due to a supposed issue with the site needing updated
Pages:
Jump to: