Pages:
Author

Topic: Unstoppable wallet {User experiences} - page 3. (Read 2894 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
January 12, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
I guess they are slowly working their way towards speeding up altcoin blockchains as well. Your reply is the opposite of what Charles-Tim said earlier. According to him, he now needs even more time to synchronize his Litecoin and Dash balances. Maybe it was just a temporary problem on his end or you have different assets, and some are now syncing faster, while others still aren't.   
I have not tested bitcoin cash on it before but it synchronized very fast when I tried it just now.

For litecoin, on my two mobile devices, it is not synchronizing at all now after I left it open for 5 minutes 0% synchronization. I tried it just now.

For dash, on both devices, it is very slow. The synchronization got to 26% after 5 minutes on the first device while 38% after 5 minutes on the second device. Also I tried it just now.

That is not the only problem if you have this kind of coins. If you want to send them, it can be pending for minutes and later become failed. It happened when I wanted to send litecoin in the past. I tried it there times before it was send successfully. The third time that I sent the coin, it was first pending for several minutes if not hours.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
January 12, 2024, 11:01:24 AM
Well they did mention in their version 0.37 update that there will be fast Bitcoin Sync and specifically mentioned for the bitcoin and bitcoin cash blockchains. However, i noticed that all other blockchain sync time is also considerably improved and the whole unstoppable wallets syncs within no time.
I guess they are slowly working their way towards speeding up altcoin blockchains as well. Your reply is the opposite of what Charles-Tim said earlier. According to him, he now needs even more time to synchronize his Litecoin and Dash balances. Maybe it was just a temporary problem on his end or you have different assets, and some are now syncing faster, while others still aren't.   
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
January 12, 2024, 03:22:01 AM
Looking at the release notes, the reason why syncing is significantly faster is because Unstoppable Wallet has integrated Blockchair.com's API service. Judging by how they worded the update, users can still use the 'old' and slow P2P synchronization option. I am glad they did it. When I originally tested this wallet, it took a long time to sync and took up too much space on my phone. Hopefully, Bitcoin is just the beginning of many other networks that will be improved in this way. 

Well they did mention in their version 0.37 update that there will be fast Bitcoin Sync and specifically mentioned for the bitcoin and bitcoin cash blockchains. However, i noticed that all other blockchain sync time is also considerably improved and the whole unstoppable wallets syncs within no time.

I think this update was much awaited and by far the best update in term of satisfying the user experience of using the app. Yes, there may be more better security updates in previous updates but those are all in the backend. This update will be mostly liked and noticed by everyone using the Unstoppable Wallet.

legendary
January 09, 2024, 12:45:20 PM
Looking at the release notes, the reason why syncing is significantly faster is because Unstoppable Wallet has integrated Blockchair.com's API service. Judging by how they worded the update, users can still use the 'old' and slow P2P synchronization option. I am glad they did it. When I originally tested this wallet, it took a long time to sync and took up too much space on my phone. Hopefully, Bitcoin is just the beginning of many other networks that will be improved in this way. 
legendary
January 09, 2024, 04:09:19 AM
0.37.0 was released a couple of weeks ago, but was only pushed to the play store yesterday

The only thing that is probably worth mentioning is the fast syncing for bitcoin. You can find the detailed changelog here[1]

[1] https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/releases
I have just updated to the latest version and I noticed there is no more synchronizing issue for bitcoin all address types. But it is not my bitcoin wallet. One of the reasons is because it is not supporting replace-by-fee and because I will like my bitcoin to be on a bitcoin-only wallet. I still enjoy Electrum and Sparrow to a greater extent, while Electrum, Bluewallet and Samourai on mobile devices. But this is a good improvement.

I hope Unstoppable wallet developers will do the same for altcoins that have the synchronizing issue. Like litecoin and dash. I checked both but still the same like before. Both even take longer time to synchronize than before.

Also for altcoins users, if more coins is added would be good. A friend of mine asked me a wallet that is supporting algorand some weeks ago. I searched for it on Unstoppable wallet and I was unable to see it. There are still other well known coins that the wallet is not supporting.

There is another one that I see as a major improvement, especially for newbies. Which is spam transaction filter that would be against address poisoning. I see this as a major improvement because some people send their altcoins to attacker's address this way and only noticed when it is too late already.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
January 09, 2024, 03:41:54 AM
0.37.0 was released a couple of weeks ago, but was only pushed to the play store yesterday

The only thing that is probably worth mentioning is the fast syncing for bitcoin. You can find the detailed changelog here[1]

[1] https://github.com/horizontalsystems/unstoppable-wallet-android/releases
legendary
December 29, 2023, 12:35:41 PM
I don't see a need to use Unstoppable Wallet for coins like Litecoin, Dash, Bitcoin, or Tron. All those assets have native wallets that you can use. And it's safer than using the same keys for all coins. In case something goes wrong and the keys leak or the wallet gets hacked, you wouldn't lose everything you have in your wallet. You only lose one asset, while the rest remains safe.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
December 29, 2023, 10:14:25 AM
I am talking about the ETH and this has the domoninace of 16% , the 2nd largest crypto currecny after bitcoin which has the dominance of almost 48%. I don't know how you call ETH a shitcoin  Huh
How would you prefer me to call ethereum instead?
There are several synonyms I can use instead of word shit, for example crap, poop, dump, junk,etc.
Solana crap is now third or fourth by ''dominance'' but that doesn't mean it's any good, it still remains centralized junk supported by ftx scammer.
For me only good reason why someone would use shitcoins is because of privacy, or because they support stablecoins for temporary trading.
And that is the reason why someone may need to use multi-currency wallets.

Now back on Unstoppable wallet topic please.

I will not recommend it for coins like bitcoin, litecoin, dash and other coins that have synchronizing issue. It is only good for those like BSC, Solana and others with their tokens.
I can somehow agree with this.
I tested how Unstoppable works with stable coin USDT on tron network, and it's not good.
Most of the times it won't sync even if you leave it open for longer periods of time, so it's unusable in real life situation.
They often release updates so maybe some of the stuff is fixed, but I can't confirm that.
legendary
December 29, 2023, 06:38:23 AM
My settings: "Tor" and "From Blockchain". I received a small LTC-payment, which even after 11 confirmations didn't show up. When I killed Unstoppable Wallet and restarted it, it rescanned the last transactions and my transaction showed up. That's not how I expect a wallet to work.
I have the worst experience when I used it for litecoin few months ago. I had to send and keep resending the transaction until it was finally successful which was the third time. It has synchronizing and sending issue. I will not recommend it for coins like bitcoin, litecoin, dash and other coins that have synchronizing issue. It is only good for those like BSC, Solana and others with their tokens.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
December 29, 2023, 06:15:20 AM
My settings: "Tor" and "From Blockchain". I received a small LTC-payment, which even after 11 confirmations didn't show up. When I killed Unstoppable Wallet and restarted it, it rescanned the last transactions and my transaction showed up. That's not how I expect a wallet to work.

I don't know how you call ETH a shitcoin  Huh
Let's see: it's centrally controlled, pre-mined, used to scam millions of people with worthless made-up tokens, and forks when it's convenient for the rich owners. But all of that is off-topic here, so I'll stop.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
December 29, 2023, 12:50:24 AM
What can be the issue and how i can resolve this? The same happens if I try to send OP to some external address.
First you should stop using shitcoins and silly tokens, but if you allredy have them at least do some minimal research how they work before asking questions like this  Tongue
And note that swap option in unstoppable wallet is using third party exchanges and partners.

I am talking about the ETH and this has the domoninace of 16% , the 2nd largest crypto currecny after bitcoin which has the dominance of almost 48%. I don't know how you call ETH a shitcoin  Huh

Also most people will use Electurm wallet for the bitcoins, which makes unstoppable wallet only for the shitcoins  Tongue

Anyways, thanks everyone for the guidance, yes i was doing a mistake of not having the Ether on Layer 2 (that is OP).
legendary
December 25, 2023, 06:02:43 PM
Since he already has Ethereum in his Unstoppable Wallet, he should be able to use the internal swap feature to exchange the native ETH coins to the ETH tokens he needs on the Optimism layer, I assume. 
Just like how it is on some altcoin wallets, like Trustwallet which is close source and not recommendable. This is what I found on Unstable wallet:

It is yet not possible on Unstoppable wallet. That ETH supposed to have optimism symbol which can make it confusing as it is in ERC20 symbol, but it is ETH on Optimism network.

First you should stop using shitcoins and silly tokens, but if you allredy have them at least do some minimal research how they work before asking questions like this  Tongue
And note that swap option in unstoppable wallet is using third party exchanges and partners.
It is true that many altcoins are regarded as shitcoins buy bitcoin enthusiasts, but I do not accept that he should make minimal research before asking such a question on this forum because you do not know if he searched online but unable to have a solution. This is a forum and we are here to learn from ourselves. But the question would better be in altcoins board instead of this thread. He created a different question that has been moved to altcoins board that needed the same answer as this and I think he knows what to do now.
legendary
Cashback 15%
December 25, 2023, 03:17:31 PM
What can be the issue and how i can resolve this? The same happens if I try to send OP to some external address.
legendary
December 25, 2023, 05:15:20 AM
Charles-Tim is correct. You are trying to pay transaction fees on network A using tokens that reside on Network B, and that's why it's not working. It's the same asset (ETH) but on a different chain or layer.

On exchanges and onchain transfer, the ether transaction fee on Optimism network is very cheap. So buy it should not be a problem.
Since he already has Ethereum in his Unstoppable Wallet, he should be able to use the internal swap feature to exchange the native ETH coins to the ETH tokens he needs on the Optimism layer, I assume. 
legendary
December 24, 2023, 06:44:46 AM
I am having an issue in swapping and transferring OP. When i try to swap the OP to the USDT,  the below error message appears. Even though i have enough ETH in my Unstoppable wallet, yet it says the eth balance is low, while i have more than 1000$ of ETH balance in my wallet.
Optimism (OP) is layer 2.

The fee is not ERC20 ether, but ether on Optimism network.

Search for ETH on Unstoppable wallet, you will see ETH (Optimism). That is the ether that you will use for the transaction. On exchanges and onchain transfer, the ether transaction fee on Optimism network is very cheap. So buy it should not be a problem.
legendary
December 24, 2023, 03:58:11 AM
What can be the issue and how i can resolve this?
I've never used this feature, and in my mind "OP" isn't something you can sell, but here's a guess: it says "network fee N/A", could that be the reason?
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
December 24, 2023, 12:48:44 AM
I am having an issue in swapping and transferring OP. When i try to swap the OP to the USDT,  the below error message appears. Even though i have enough ETH in my Unstoppable wallet, yet it says the eth balance is low, while i have more than 1000$ of ETH balance in my wallet.

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
November 29, 2023, 04:58:00 PM
[edited out]
Using LN isn't really an option either: I don't want to teach them to use custodial wallets, especially long-term, and non-custodial wallets come with high on-chain fees for opening and closing channels......

Even though both of us admitted that we are deviating from topic, so I will keep it short to say that I don't feel that I have enough information to challenge you regarding how channels are managed in lighting, since I really only have a handful of transactions on a few lighting wallets.... and I have opened channels through my main two LN wallets which currently are Phoenix and Breez.. .. I can reserve comment for possibly another time and another thread, after I practice more on the opening and closing or even costs of adding value once opened, and hopefully some of these LN wallets are going to be getting more and more user-friendly regarding using them, maintaining them and just being available in more places whether peer to peer or more merchant adoption, so that we can have more places to practice using them and to better inform ourselves how on personal levels how they are working.

I am kind of glad that you said that it costs too much to open and close channels rather than it was too technical for them to use them (or too unreliable), so costs might be something that I can at least play around with attempting to analyze the idea for a while, or maybe some of the cost facts (avenues/options) might improve in the future.
legendary
November 29, 2023, 01:35:47 PM
If it wouldn't be so much work, I'd setup a testnet webshop, in which they can order candy using their Bitcoin testnet mobile wallet. Like Starblocks, but for kids, and I'll actually give them the items they order.
I don't know if you are aware but there is one member in forum who owns small ''exchange'' and he started to offer testnet Bitcointhere , some people actually buy and sell that stuff for real, even if those coins don't have any monetary value... well now they have some value.
At the risk of deviating even further off-topic: I've seen it, but selling testnet coins isn't what I meant. I meant using testnet Bitcoin to buy real items (again: only for my own kids). That way they can experience online shopping, they can experience paying with Bitcoin, and I'll actually give them the items they ordered. Until they discover a testnet faucet and order 1 trillion candies, of course.
legendary
Cashback 15%
November 29, 2023, 01:16:34 PM
If it wouldn't be so much work, I'd setup a testnet webshop, in which they can order candy using their Bitcoin testnet mobile wallet. Like Starblocks, but for kids, and I'll actually give them the items they order.
I don't know if you are aware but there is one member in forum who owns small ''exchange'' and he started to offer testnet Bitcointhere , some people actually buy and sell that stuff for real, even if those coins don't have any monetary value... well now they have some value.
Pages:
Jump to: