Pages:
Author

Topic: Video call for KYC verification - page 20. (Read 40805 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 12
December 22, 2018, 02:03:46 AM
That idea is not that bad but it would stress the bounty manager out ,it won't be easy work because he/she will have to verify all bounty participants one by one through video call lol that is impossible, only of there is a way to fasten up the process then it would be great
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
December 22, 2018, 01:34:52 AM
video call with 5000 bounty hunters? is that possible? What questions will be given? Does the team have free time for video calls with all participants? then when will they start development if they have to be busy with video calls? Cheesy Cheesy
This is only a small part of the problems that are sure to appear if there will be a video call for KYC testing. I think that such an ICO campaign does not even collect a minimum amount of funds if a video call is entered. The more different barriers there are to investing in ICO projects, the less successful they will be. Those who will purchase new tokens will be simple and fast will win.
Activity: 316
Merit: 1
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
December 20, 2018, 01:49:11 PM
KYC may be something that is very disliked by many people and this is also very annoying. However, this KYC has a very good purpose to avoid fraudulent acts committed by irresponsible people. KYC has never been available for this video and if implemented it certainly won't be easy.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
December 20, 2018, 01:15:09 PM
What is this for? do you lnow that video call can be recorded?
our dentification and email is at KYC and we dont know if it is safe.
we should be more pirvate in this. the team and the sale has no commitment in the KYC it is for the teal only to be secure or for profit? selling idetities?
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
December 20, 2018, 12:58:50 PM
Video call verification it is a usual procedure in a different centralised payment systems. It is kind of not so anonymous, but I don't mind to pass it if applicable.
Activity: 482
Merit: 117
December 20, 2018, 12:50:07 PM
It is a good way for confirmation, but a bit offensive. At least it might be taken as such. Not always it's convenient to receive a video call. There should be some appointment at least, so not to cause any stress
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
December 16, 2018, 05:17:42 AM
Although KYC video calling is a very good way to authenticate, it also means that the project side needs more customer service, which will increase their expenses.
Activity: 322
December 16, 2018, 05:14:58 AM
I think Video Call as a KYC verification is a very good idea to protect those people who want to keep their personal information and like me I would totally make those requirements in priority unlike giving our all information in their team. And I think it would be easy to their team to know if the participants are cheating.
Activity: 319
December 16, 2018, 04:54:02 AM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

Checking the downloaded data can be automated, while video calls - this is what you want a real person, so it is the human factor, that is bad.
Activity: 1078
December 12, 2018, 11:46:39 AM
I do not think it is a good way to pass KYC procedure as video calls takes a lot of time if to compare with checking documents sent by email or through website. It is also uncomfortable for most people to use the video call for their identity verification.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
December 12, 2018, 11:35:05 AM
No ico that I've ever participated in has not been involved in such a KC verification job. It doesn't make any sense to me. Especially the time is too much.
Activity: 247
December 12, 2018, 11:31:58 AM
It is not a bad idea at all, but it's the most annoying type of KYC verification, the trial and error involved is very time consuming. It will be nice if it will be improved on cos it's a perfect way for KYC verification
Activity: 328
December 11, 2018, 09:56:42 AM
If using the video for the kyc verification then requires a large enough memory and it will increase the cost of memory storage. It also takes longer than usually if it does not limit the time video recording for the kyc verification. But it depends on how the system used in the kyc verification video
Activity: 406
December 11, 2018, 09:22:19 AM
Well its one way of doing it but for sure not all will agree. In my opinion, KYC is very important in ICO to protect the company and the investors as well but we should also consider the privacy of each parties. For me, video call is way too unneccessary as of the moment because it might affect the privacy of the investor. Maybe there are different ways to do KYC aside from video calling.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
December 11, 2018, 09:18:53 AM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

yes of course.... this is possible. But, the questios is ?
"do they have time to do it?"
and maybe they have to spend a little bit money for that.

If they intended to do that, they will make sure to find a way to do that. But seriously it would take more time and consumption of days for it to be fully verified all the user that joins to this project.
Activity: 378
December 11, 2018, 05:02:29 AM
Personally, it seems to me that such a KYC passage is the most optimal way.  There is no hassle with sending your documents!
Activity: 210
December 11, 2018, 04:47:08 AM
I've seen a lot of movies where a man can turn into a woman only with makeup, so there is no point in your offer, it will not be shaken.
Activity: 770
December 10, 2018, 07:28:21 AM
I think verification of KYC by using video calls is too excessive, whereas actually KYC with documents is very very sufficient to prove someone's difference. and I think verification with video calls is not effective, because it will take a very long time.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
December 10, 2018, 07:22:06 AM
To see clearly documents that require a very good camera. That's why most people simply can not pass KYC so. I made my point of view.
Right on the spot, imagine having to verify people with crappy web cam in their laptop that'd be another disaster, people may say they can verify through phone but it'll make everything even more complicated. We need better technology before implementing this kind of thing to public.
Activity: 406
December 10, 2018, 07:19:27 AM

For campaigns for compensation would be a good option to replace the KYC, but for the ICO and other operations, we need something more robust than just a short video.
Pages:
Jump to: