Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32274. (Read 26474181 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

I guess you weren't watching the charts half an hour ago.

nope. what happened?

~300 buy followed by ~1500 sell...? Not really sure what the big deal is. Nothing uncommon at all happened.
legendary
Activity: 840
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
legendary

I guess you weren't watching the charts half an hour ago.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
lol wtf is going on here  Grin

where's chart buddy?
donator
legendary
LOL WTF? Saturday idiot?
legendary
Activity: 1246
probably this thread could merge into an overall orderbook and wall tracker

bitstamp has more volume now and there is one 3000 btc bid wall left. if this falls.. good night bitcoin for a deeper fall

shouldn't this "deeper fall" have happened by now?

I think so too, but as long as MtGox doesn't want to play with it I doubt it will happen. And since not many people are happy selling on MtGox we seem to have reached some sort of stalemate situation.
donator

bitstamp has more volume now and there is one 3000 btc bid wall left. if this falls.. good night bitcoin for a deeper fall

shouldn't this "deeper fall" have happened by now?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
mtgox isn't dead yet it still has volume during volitale movements.

You are right, and I do think mtgox will come back with a vengeance - if - they succeed in solving their banking problem. Even if their turnover dies totally in the meantime. 

But I'm surprised bitstamp already has double the turnover on slow days. Bitcoinland does evolve quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
mtgox isn't dead yet it still has volume during volitale movements.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
Wauw, not a single post in 24h. Speculation on btc exchange rate mtgox is now officially dead. Luckily there is always action somewhere in bitcoin land.  Just-Dice got cleaned again by some whale.

fk me :/
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
Wauw, not a single post in 24h. Speculation on btc exchange rate mtgox is now officially dead. Luckily there is always action somewhere in bitcoin land.  Just-Dice got cleaned again by some whale.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

looks more like 2000 to me.

Good night, Bitcoin.

Good morning, Blightcoin. Cheesy

1000 btc was probably already whale food (plankton) .. eaten away...

Wall still stands strong @ 1784

973 left...

Wall gone. Incidentally, why do I have Aztec architecture on my mind, hm...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
... They are agents in the market and rather than complain about them it would be more productive to understand their influence by the evidence. So far I do not see a lot of that happening.

I see cause and effect and what I think is evidence, however I may be limited by my own judgment, (the mass less trolling aside) what evidence based influence, are you not seeing happening? 

To be clear, I am saying that the evidence is not being understood. What I see is that the intermediate price movement has occurred on the basis of an entrenched dynamic, more akin to a damped oscillation than any rational response to news, or any other driver. The only evidence of forcing I have been able to see was on the runup to $166. The rest has simply been a roller coaster ride to an equilibrium, with each swing having a lower volume than the last.

Speculation I have seen here seems to anticipate forcing either to the up side or to the down side, but right now I do not see any evidence of that.

What happened to your hypothesis of a "sustained buying program by uber-whale, carefully controlling price without pushing it too far in either direction"? Doesn't that count?
legendary
Activity: 896
Manipulator battle!

legendary
Activity: 1372
... They are agents in the market and rather than complain about them it would be more productive to understand their influence by the evidence. So far I do not see a lot of that happening.

I see cause and effect and what I think is evidence, however I may be limited by my own judgment, (the mass less trolling aside) what evidence based influence, are you not seeing happening? 
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Remember when he was a bear? Wouldn't want that to happen right after I subscribe :-)
when was that? I only know the 180-Adam.
That's because you subscribed on the board the day of the bubble LOL
jup, i probably chose the shittiest point in time to get into the game. (bought first coins some weeks before I registered here and then it was exactly on my birthday when value crashed down to 50 Tongue)
got properly burnt several times during the aftermath but the dip in July helped to get back on track and by listening to the right people in this thread I even made a small profit. Cool

*turnsonminelight*
well then, time to go deep down into adam's archive to find more evidence for bearish mutations in the past. I hope I don't get lost in there.  

this is why bitcoinbullbear avoids emotions
this "Zen-like" state is without any emotions but only a confidence that next rally/dump will come anyway and only some whales will decide if it goes ok with their charts. (perhaps i just got used to watch from the sideline and hold lately)
to be honest I find betting on sports games more predictable than development of btcvalue atm especially with the deformation of gox' withdrawal situation.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
Remember when he was a bear? Wouldn't want that to happen right after I subscribe :-)
when was that? I only know the 180-Adam.
That's because you subscribed on the board the day of the bubble LOL
Jump to: