Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32275. (Read 26372073 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
People, you don't get it. Rampion said we need to hit 50 first before we go up. So you can easily sell 100% now like he obviously also did. Unless he's full of shit ofcourse.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
500 Wall keeps coming and going, started at 78.7, see it now at 77.9

I hate those indecisive moving mini-walls.

Somebody should just dump 500 coins into it already!

not sure what this for..   to trick people into dumping and then suddenly get price down..

or to fake support to keep price up ..

lol fascinating though

Yeah it's kind of odd... Bot gone rogue?

Maybe it's trying to encourage someone to dump into it, thus buying coins without driving the price up
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider
Small bounce seems to be over. How low do we go until next one? And how fast? Do we see 60's in 24h?
yes, maybe we'll see next action soon ...
You're just drawing arbitrary supports and resistances, where none of them have been tested, especially the support you drew. You can draw lines from everywhere on a chart, and many of them will function as a support or resistance from time to time, but more often than not, these supports and resistances will be broken. You should only use supports and resistances as buying and selling points, not for wishful thinking. Yet where supports and resistances are is key for determining patterns, such as descending triangles, falling wedges, etc. Again, they have to bounce to be considered a possible support or resistance.

it's a very short period of time. Therefore, we know just yet, although the maximum is 84.27 so far, but it's very spice. Then, around 82, but at 82 it's now 2155 BTC for sell ...

So I just wanted to say: if the demand will be not significantly higher, I see no next increase ...
Activity: 411
Merit: 250

not sure what this for..   to trick people into dumping and then suddenly get price down..

or to fake support to keep price up ..

lol fascinating though
Activity: 963
Merit: 509

And.. nobody dumps

Jaroslaw, your turn.
Activity: 238
So I wake up to the MtGox news - this is how I read it...

"withdrawals have now fully resumed as of today"
"...a two-week back-log..."
"...a few weeks to get back to normal..."

This is not good news.  This is a thinly veiled: "uhm, we need a little more time getting our finances in order."
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

And.. nobody dumps
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Small bounce seems to be over. How low do we go until next one? And how fast? Do we see 60's in 24h?

You're just drawing arbitrary supports and resistances, where none of them have been tested, especially the support you drew. You can draw lines from everywhere on a chart, and many of them will function as a support or resistance from time to time, but more often than not, these supports and resistances will be broken. You should only use supports and resistances as buying and selling points, not for wishful thinking. Yet where supports and resistances are is key for determining patterns, such as descending triangles, falling wedges, etc. Again, they have to bounce to be considered a possible support or resistance.

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Maybe short at 81 then... it's slowing down.

How about no?

Why not? I'm welcome to both sides of the story.

Do as you like, but shorting is way too dangerous for my taste.

A recovery to 90+ is very possible.

You are right. Shorting bitcoins is crazy shit, you can be a bear and sell waiting for cheaper coins, but shorting is something I'd never do with BTC.

You are also right on the possibility of bouncing back to 90+. But I wouldn't call it "a recovery", I would call it another "epic sucker rally". Or a bull trap.

Shorting essentially is just the opposite of buying. If you think the price will go down then short, if you think the price will go up then go long. In a bear market, shorting is usually safer than buying. Then again, I wouldn't recommend trading at all, unless you know how to trade well and safely.

I myself usually profit more from shorting than going long. People often get in the mentality where they're afraid to not hold BTC, let alone to short it, which is silly. No one should sleep holding bitcoin at this point, unless one has some credible certainty that the price will rise.

I'm shorting now.

It's not silly. In this world economical situation it's maybe better to trust more in BTC than in fiat. I'm trading to get more BTC, because I believe BTC will be more valuable than fiat in the future. The biggest trend is BULLISH.

1. You don't need to try and catch every upward rise, while you risk catching every downward fall. At this point, the falls go further down than the rises go up. A missed profit is not a loss, but if the market moves against you, it is a loss. Protect your fiat in times like these.

2. High risk is only for high gains. If you don't expect the price to move in a direction significantly, and the risk is high, then don't trade it.

3. Trading is different than investing. Investors can wait the longest time, holding through every up and down for the price to finally go where they want it. Trading takes more day to day risk management.

Have some patience, and don't be foolish. We're in a bear market.

I'm agreeing in these points. I was talking about BTC vs. fiat in long term. But, it's not wise to trade ALL your BTC to fiat even now. That's also risk management.
here comes another dump. fingers crossed it goes lower than my stupid sale this morning. sorry guys!

Put your bid orders at your sales price - 10% (or more). You will see that they are filled within a few days.

It would be silly to buy higher before the next "discount" level.... Wink

Thanks.. I'll give this a go, i'm away this weekend and I will check in sporadically Smiley
Activity: 112

How about no?

You are right. Shorting bitcoins is crazy shit, you can be a bear and sell waiting for cheaper coins, but shorting is something I'd never do with BTC.

You are also right on the possibility of bouncing back to 90+. But I wouldn't call it "a recovery", I would call it another "epic sucker rally". Or a bull trap.

Shorting essentially is just the opposite of buying. If you think the price will go down then short, if you think the price will go up then go long. In a bear market, shorting is usually safer than buying. Then again, I wouldn't recommend trading at all, unless you know how to trade well and safely.

I myself usually profit more from shorting than going long. People often get in the mentality where they're afraid to not hold BTC, let alone to short it, which is silly. No one should sleep holding bitcoin at this point, unless one has some credible certainty that the price will rise.

I'm shorting now.

It's not silly. In this world economical situation it's maybe better to trust more in BTC than in fiat. I'm trading to get more BTC, because I believe BTC will be more valuable than fiat in the future. The biggest trend is BULLISH.

1. You don't need to try and catch every upward rise that may or may not happen, while you risk catching every downward fall. At this point, the falls go further down than the rises go up. A missed profit is not a loss, but if the market moves against you, it is a loss. Protect your fiat in times like these.

2. High risk is only for high gains. If you don't expect the price to move in a direction significantly, and the risk is high, then don't trade it.

3. Trading is different than investing. Investors can wait the longest time, holding through every up and down for the price to finally go where they want it. Trading takes more day to day risk management.

Have some patience, and don't be foolish. We're in a bear market. Bitcoin is a poor investment, until another bubble starts brewing.
here comes another dump. fingers crossed it goes lower than my stupid sale this morning. sorry guys!

Put your bid orders at your sales price - 10% (or more). You will see that they are filled within a few days.

It would be silly to buy higher before the next "discount" level.... Wink
Activity: 61

How about no?

I'm shorting now.

Jump to: