Pages:
Author

Topic: Website and software translations - page 9. (Read 173157 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
July 16, 2010, 07:42:15 AM
BTW, there is a bug with translating this string:

#: ../../../ui.cpp:634
msgid "From: unknown, Received with: "

Russian translation doesn't show in the main window, only colons and comma appear. So it looks like: « : , : 18RRVv...» (cut the address) Looks like unicode problem, although there is correctly translated string in the first column (confirmations ⇒ подтверждений). Despite this the translation is almost complete but I have to be sure that everything looks like it should.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
July 16, 2010, 06:02:33 AM
Working on Russian translation, will be available in a day or two.
founder
Activity: 364
Merit: 6472
July 15, 2010, 03:12:14 PM
Thanks for the Spanish and French translations!  The edited and updated .po files are attached.

I uploaded these to the SVN.
founder
July 15, 2010, 02:43:54 PM
I recommend to remove the download links at the bottom of the main page.
As you can see the links on the English page points to the new 0.3 release, but the other languages only contain links for the old 0.2 version.
There's a download box with the current releases on the right anyway, so why not remove the links from the translated pages.
I updated them to 0.3.0.

I am tempted to remove the download links from the other languages and only keep it on English.

They will need to be updated for 0.3.1 soon.  Perhaps there's a way for someone to manage the updating of the translated drupal pages.
founder
July 15, 2010, 02:37:13 PM
I uploaded an updated bitcoin.po for 0.3.1 attached to this message:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1259

please use it if you're starting a new translation.

If you already have a po file, poedit can update it. 
- Get the src directory from the 0.3.1 release candidate posted in the development forum, any version will do:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-031-released-383
- Make a subdirectory under src: locale/??/LC_MESSAGES
(?? could be anything really, "en" or your language 2-letter code)
- Put your .po file there
- Open it with poedit
- In poedit, Catalog->Update from sources

The key is that the src directory with the sourcefiles needs to be 3 directories up from the .po file.
founder
July 15, 2010, 02:30:22 PM
Ok here is the .po file for French. While I'm at it, I noted a couple of issues:

1. The "About" box didn't take the translation into account, it still displays the english version to me, even though the rest of the software is using the translated strings, and the .po file contains the translation string of the "About" box message. Same problem with the "Apply" button in the Settings window.
I need to give an updated .po file.

2. If an transaction's description in the list of transaction in the main window contains a diacritical character (such as "éàèç"), it's not displayed. I suppose the string is not being properly handled as UTF8 somewhere.
OK, this must be a problem somewhere, I'll have to take a look at it or one of the other devs can.

4. About the .po file :
   - There are a few strings in the .po file that don't needs translation (ie: "Bitcoin"). Maybe those shouldn't be inside _("...") ?
   - Others shouldn't be split. I can remember one message about transaction fee where the string is split in two to insert the fee value, where you could simply have put a %s. It makes the message harder to translate as I had to go in the source to find exactly what was going on.
   - Some strings have whitespace at the end or start, which necessity is very debatable, and it's easy to miss in PoEdit.
Many of the strings are in code automatically generated from uiproject.fbp where nothing can be done about these things.  I have a program I use to find all the spacing inconsistencies at the beginning and ending of strings in your .po file and manually fix them up before I upload them to SVN.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
July 15, 2010, 05:35:10 AM
Here, the po file updated and the front page translated into Spanish Wink

This afternoon I'll start to translate the faq
July 15, 2010, 04:39:02 AM
2. If an transaction's description in the list of transaction in the main window contains a diacritical character (such as "éàèç"), it's not displayed. I suppose the string is not being properly handled as UTF8 somewhere.

I noticed it right now. I must review the spanish po-file  Embarrassed
July 15, 2010, 04:34:52 AM
PD: Can anyone post the last versión of the main web and the faq in txt file? The txt's that I've downloaded are older. Thanks!

I updated the .txt files in my post on the first page.

Thanks! Wink
Activity: 2
July 14, 2010, 08:49:11 PM
Ok here is the .po file for French. While I'm at it, I noted a couple of issues:

1. The "About" box didn't take the translation into account, it still displays the english version to me, even though the rest of the software is using the translated strings, and the .po file contains the translation string of the "About" box message. Same problem with the "Apply" button in the Settings window.
3. Some translated strings don't fit in the dialog box anymore (French is a bit more verbose than English). Some cases can be solved by inserting a "\n", but that's not always possible (window titles for example).
4. About the .po file :
   - There are a few strings in the .po file that don't needs translation (ie: "Bitcoin"). Maybe those shouldn't be inside _("...") ?
   - Others shouldn't be split. I can remember one message about transaction fee where the string is split in two to insert the fee value, where you could simply have put a %s. It makes the message harder to translate as I had to go in the source to find exactly what was going on.
   - Some strings have whitespace at the end or start, which necessity is very debatable, and it's easy to miss in PoEdit.
   - Many strings have all their words capitalized, which just looks strange in French. I checked, none of my other software do it, so I've used normal capitalization everywhere.
   - There are a couple message strings that are almost identical, maybe using the same string for each of those messages would be better ? Example : "This is an oversized transaction that requires a transaction fee of %s" and "Error: This is an oversized transaction that requires a transaction fee of %s  ". It's the exact same text except for "Error:" at the beginning and an extra space at the end (which is probably useless ?).

Finally, The provided .po file is not up-to-date, as one of the settings string has changed, and is not getting translated (the one about starting Bitcoin at login).

Otherwise Bitcoin seems like a great concept, good work !
Activity: 429
Merit: 919
July 14, 2010, 05:14:31 PM
PD: Can anyone post the last versión of the main web and the faq in txt file? The txt's that I've downloaded are older. Thanks!

I updated the .txt files in my post on the first page.
July 14, 2010, 04:23:41 PM
Here is the spanish po file. When I can see it into the program, I'll check the translation errors and I'll try to fix it Wink

Tomorrow I'll start to traslate the main web and the last will be the faq  Wink

Edit: I'll check and update the spanish po file  Wink
July 14, 2010, 02:37:14 PM
I'm working on spanish translation for the faq and the main web Wink

Also the soft, i just downloaded the po file
legendary
Activity: 860
Merit: 1021
July 13, 2010, 02:55:55 PM
I recommend to remove the download links at the bottom of the main page.
As you can see the links on the English page points to the new 0.3 release, but the other languages only contain links for the old 0.2 version.
There's a download box with the current releases on the right anyway, so why not remove the links from the translated pages.
Activity: 2
July 13, 2010, 12:46:56 PM
I'm working on the french translation Smiley
Activity: 132
Merit: 101
July 13, 2010, 08:49:34 AM
I have a friend who might be willing to translate it into Romanian, already dropped him a message.
July 12, 2010, 09:14:07 PM
Anyone willing to help us with a Spanish, Russian or French translation here? Smiley
June 27, 2010, 04:18:45 PM
Sirius, Can you update the German translation of the frontpage to the last version I posted? It contains the fixes proposed by SmokeTooMuch, foremost for the screwup with the – HTML entity. I'll attach it to this post again, for your convenience.

Done. You don't need those extra line breaks in the cms.

Thanks to Jonatan Lehtonen for the Swedish front page translation.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
June 22, 2010, 04:45:59 PM
Sirius, Can you update the German translation of the frontpage to the last version I posted? It contains the fixes proposed by SmokeTooMuch, foremost for the screwup with the – HTML entity. I'll attach it to this post again, for your convenience.
June 22, 2010, 09:57:44 AM
I got the simplified and traditional Chinese translations of bitcoin.org front page from my friend Michael Chen. Thanks Michael!

The simplified page still says "page not found" for some reason, I'm trying to make it work.

For the record: the Dutch translation is by giik.
Pages:
Jump to: