Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 335. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
September 21, 2015, 03:46:16 PM
No, you said that lack of belief did NOT mean that they do not believe in god. I just wrote that it DOES mean that they believe there is no god.

Lack of belief in a god = Not having belief in a god = They do not believe in a god.

I said:

How the lack of belief is believing?

Try to say that with your own voice and you will see how absurd is what you are saying.

The lack of belief cannot be believing in something.

Thank You.

I meant: the lack of belief is the lack of belief in God.

The lack of belief cannot be:

The lack of belief in god means they believe there is no god, the not knowing if there is or isn't a god is agnosticism not atheism. Agnostics do not have a lack of belief in god because they believe there could be a god, they just don't know.

The lack of belief cannot be believing there is no God. Because the lack of belief cannot be believing since there is no Faith to enforce the believing of the subject.

How can that be your point?
That is a point.

Thank You.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 21, 2015, 03:30:17 PM

The lack of belief in god means they believe there is no god, the not knowing if there is or isn't a god is agnosticism not atheism. Agnostics do not have a lack of belief in god because they believe there could be a god, they just don't know.

Try to say that with your own voice and you will see how absurd is what you are saying.

Thank You.

Lack of belief in a god = Not having belief in a god = They do not believe in a god.

At least agnostics say they don't know versus claiming for certain there is no god.

Yes that was my point.

What's yours?

Thank You.

No, you said that lack of belief did NOT mean that they do not believe in god. I just wrote that it DOES mean that they believe there is no god. How can that be your point?
legendary
September 21, 2015, 03:09:51 PM

At least agnostics say they don't know versus claiming for certain there is no god.

Yes that was my point.

What's yours?

Thank You.
September 21, 2015, 03:01:26 PM

Thank You.

legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:41:49 PM

Thank You.
September 21, 2015, 02:39:39 PM
Religion:  "the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices", a "set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe"

Depending on your definition of religion may bring some debate. But if those sentences are correct, it would mean that atheists are religious. Agnostics, who say they don't know, might not be, but atheists who believe there is no god for sure, definitely have a belief they adhere to about the cause of the universe NOT being a god.

Atheism is the lack of belief. Is not believing.

Thank you for bringing that up.

Thank You.

legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:27:03 PM
Religion:  "the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices", a "set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe"

Depending on your definition of religion may bring some debate. But if those sentences are correct, it would mean that atheists are religious. Agnostics, who say they don't know, might not be, but atheists who believe there is no god for sure, definitely have a belief they adhere to about the cause of the universe NOT being a god.

Thank you.   Smiley

That's where you are lost BADecher you think as atheism the believing in the fact that there is no God.

Don't think that atheism is believing in a fact. Think that atheists do not believe in God.

If they do not believe  => they won't have a beliefs system => if atheists don't have a beliefs system => atheism is not a Religion

In a sentence: Atheists do not believe in God hence atheism is not a Religion.

There is never a time a person doesn't believe in something.

Yes there is: atheists are person that do not believe in something

If you think that he doesn't believe in something after he is dead, you are wrong.

Why you care what a person believe when he/she is dead?

Then he is not a person.

Smiley

That's why God told Moses to kill all the Jews that were preying to the Golden Calf.
The conclusion is very easy and I could be put on sentence for inspiring violence if I said the conclusion that is obvious from my sentence above and that I said a lot in the last 30 pages.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_calf

Thank You.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 21, 2015, 02:25:27 PM
Religion:  "the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices", a "set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe"

So you mean: not having a belief is believing?

WTF?!?

Thank You.

There is never a time a person doesn't believe in something. If you think that he doesn't believe in something after he is dead, you are wrong. Then he is not a person.

Smiley
legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:23:57 PM
Religion:  "the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices", a "set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe"

Thank you.   Smiley
legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:23:24 PM

Atheism is the lack of belief. Is not believing.

Thank you for bringing that up.

Thank You.
September 21, 2015, 02:21:48 PM

legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:15:39 PM

Thank you for explaining. The question still doesn't have a direct answer.   Smiley

Atheism is a word is not a Religion.

Thank You.

Since words express and describe "things," atheism is a religion.   Smiley
legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:14:13 PM

Thank you for explaining. The question still doesn't have a direct answer.   Smiley

Atheism is a word is not a Religion and this word is an offence to G-d so stop saying if you don't want to sin.
(Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. 2nd Commandment. Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments)

The word atheism has been probably invented by someone that was scared of saying the word God.

End to this thread:
Why do atheists hate Religion? I don't care.
What is atheism? Something not important.

Thank You.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:14:06 PM

This question doesn't have a direct answer.   Smiley

You just need to say the name of the person that told you that atheism is a Religion.

I'm not asking for proof of God existence.

Thank You.

How do you know that I have a need to say a name?    Huh
legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:10:21 PM

You just need to say the name of the person that told you that atheism is a Religion.

Thank You.

Thank you for explaining. The question still doesn't have a direct answer.   Smiley
legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:07:57 PM

Thank You.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 02:06:03 PM

Google "Is Atheism a religion?"  Many websites say that it is, or at least that it is almost religion.

Smiley

You didn't replied to my question: who told you that atheism is a Religion? Was your thought or somebody told you that?

Thank You.

legendary
September 21, 2015, 01:56:44 PM

Google "Is Atheism a religion?"  Many websites say that it is, or at least that it is almost religion.

Smiley

You didn't replied to my question: who told you that atheism is a Religion? Was your thought or somebody told you that?

Thank You.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 01:54:36 PM

That's what forums are for, talking too much.    Kiss

I didn't thought about that...

The atheists in this thread are finally understanding that there really isn't anything like atheism. It's one of the weakest religions around as far as having something REAL to back it up.

Smiley

Who told you that atheism is a Religion? Was your thought or somebody told you that?

Atheism is nothing said in that way. Atheism is a pain in the ass if you ask of being vulgar.

"Atheism is a word that I would like not too listen".

Thank You.

Smiley
legendary
September 21, 2015, 01:39:07 PM

That's what forums are for, talking too much.    Kiss

I didn't thought about that...

The atheists in this thread are finally understanding that there really isn't anything like atheism. It's one of the weakest religions around as far as having something REAL to back it up.

Smiley

Who told you that atheism is a Religion? Was your thought or somebody told you that?

Atheism is nothing said in that way. Atheism is a pain in the ass if you ask of being vulgar.

"Atheism is a word that I would like not too listen".

Thank You.
Jump to: