Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 336. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 21, 2015, 01:34:51 PM
OT

First you don't miss me on earth, then you DO miss me on earth, no wonder you are having such a hard time understanding that the Pope is not the Vicar of Jesus Christ.

Smiley

I know: I talk too much.

Thank You
/OT

That's what forums are for, talking too much.    Kiss

The atheists in this thread are finally understanding that there really isn't anything like atheism. It's one of the weakest religions around as far as having something REAL to back it up.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
September 21, 2015, 01:30:17 PM
OT

First you don't miss me on earth, then you DO miss me on earth, no wonder you are having such a hard time understanding that the Pope is not the Vicar of Jesus Christ.

Smiley

I know: I talk too much.

Thank You
/OT
legendary
September 21, 2015, 01:26:20 PM
Nor is it my job to judge you. But it sounds like you have judged yourself for believing in an earthly man, especially one who often contradicts God, rather than believing in God.

Gonna miss you in Heaven, though.

Smiley

I don't miss you on Earth.

Thank You.

Yes you do. I duck.    Grin

Sure I do.

I do miss you on Earth as you do believe in Jesus Christ.

Thank You.

Smiley
legendary
September 21, 2015, 01:23:07 PM

Yes you do. I duck.    Grin

Sure I do.

I do miss you on Earth as you do believe in Jesus Christ.

Thank You.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 01:14:31 PM
Nor is it my job to judge you. But it sounds like you have judged yourself for believing in an earthly man, especially one who often contradicts God, rather than believing in God.

Smiley

Thank You.

Yes you do (fare). I duck.    Grin
legendary
September 21, 2015, 01:11:07 PM

Smiley

Thank You.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 12:32:54 PM

Now you are lying again, and that in the face of the Bible evidence I have shown you in above posts.

Smiley

That's not my job to judge why you like so much this childish game, but you will be judged for that.

I promise you that.

Thank You for the discussion.

Thank You.

Smiley
legendary
September 21, 2015, 12:18:10 PM

Now you are lying again, and that in the face of the Bible evidence I have shown you in above posts.

Smiley

That's not my job to judge why you like so much this childish game, but you will be judged for that.

I promise you that.

Thank You for the discussion.

Thank You.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 12:13:05 PM

Here's what is wrong with what you just said.

The Pope is NOT Jesus Christ. Therefore, you lie.

Smiley

Then you don't believe in Jesus Christ.

You are lying when saying the opposite.

Thank You.

Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 21, 2015, 12:12:11 PM

Trusting in the Pope means that you have little or no faith in Jesus, or your own salvation.

The Pope is Jesus Christ.

What's wrong with what I just said?

Thank You.

The pope is not Jesus Christ.

The bible tells us Christians to come out and be separate.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

The pope will lead religions to come together. On the 25th, the pope will hold a Multi-religious service at 9/11 Memorial and Museum, World Trade Center, according to his schedule.

There is nothing wrong with caring for people of other religions. But praying together to multiple gods, is not Christian.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 12:08:32 PM

Smiley

Then you don't believe in Jesus Christ.

You are lying when saying the opposite.

Thank You.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 12:03:55 PM

Trusting in the Pope means that you have little or no faith in Jesus, or your own salvation.

Thank You.

Smiley
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 21, 2015, 11:31:24 AM
A lot of blind gullibility on this thread.   Undecided
legendary
September 21, 2015, 11:20:16 AM

Thank You.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 10:56:27 AM

----------

At the resurrection of Jesus, Who were the first people to see Him after He was made alive again. Weren't they the women? The women were first to see Him after His resurrection.

Why were the women the first to see Him then? After all, the women do not hold a prominent place over the men in the New Testament, and very seldomly in the Old. Wasn't it because they were there, at the tomb, after He arose? But the men weren't.

Similarly, the only reason Peter was held up above the rest of the apostles was he was there. In life before he met Jesus, he was a butt of a forward person. He was among men what a "woman liber" is among women. He was pushy and boastful to some extent. And God simply used it, BECAUSE HE WAS THERE.
----------

Notice the fickleness of Peter in the following Bible verses. The Roman Catholic Church probably DOES follow the pattern of Peter. If you look at all the Papal Bulls, you can see the fickleness of the Church over the ages. But God never changes. So why follow the fickleness of Peter? Matthew 16:16-23:
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
The vicary of Christ has nothing to do with the resurrection of Christ.

Has something to do with the Matthew 16:18 as you already expressed.
I didn't say anything about the resurrection, so why are you bringing it up?

The scriptures that I listed suggest that there is no special vicarship regarding Peter.

Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”

When Jesus said "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it," He wasn't enlisting or recruiting or installing Peter as His vicar here on earth. Rather, He was making the distinction between Peter and the church.

As long as anyone holds to the expression of faith that Peter expressed, that person is part of the church. It has nothing to do with promoting Peter as vicar, or setting up a head of the Church on earth. We can see below that, that Peter was even called Satan by Jesus. However, that is the way the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church in Rome often act... like Satan, basing salvation on good works or lack of bad ones, rather than basing salvation of the work of Jesus on the cross.

Peter denied Jesus before Pilate, when Jesus was being judged, just before He was crucified. Sure, it was a moment of weakness. But by his denial he was not included as one of the apostles until he was reinstated by the arisen Christ. See how it happened by reading from the Gospel of John, chapter 18 to the end.

Smiley

That's what I asked 6 pages ago: why you all keep discussing the primacy of the Pope?
Thought you asked the question or made the statement. If you ask a question, or make a statement that someone disagrees with, in a forum, then you can expect to get some kind of response.

If you are discussing the primacy of the Pope now, who assure me that you won't be discussing the divinity of Jesus Christ if you were living during his years (2000 years ago).
Depending on my circumstances if I were living 2000 years ago, who knows what I would have believed. How about you?

By discussing the primacy of Peter you are showing how weak your Faith is.

As easy as that.

Thank You.

By thinking that the Pope is the vicar of Christ, you are showing extremely weak, or even non-existent, faith.

Faith revolves around the fact that Jesus offers salvation as free gift. You have already expressed that you believe salvation is gained by doing good works. You are in danger of not having faith at all.

The Bible book of Romans is filled with passages that show us that salvation is a gift of God.

The idea of the Pope being the Vicar of Christ is simply man-made political manipulation. The Pope is NOT the Vicar of Christ. The fact that the Papacy often declares that people are saved by good works, makes the Papacy more a Vicarship of Satan, and the Pope the Vicar of Satan.

Smiley
legendary
September 21, 2015, 10:45:15 AM

I have reverence for the Lord and Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit and is not just "any one person". But I know He loves us, and the word "afraid" should not be connected with Him.

With faith in Jesus Christ there is no fear.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us

Yes man: that was the point.

Start respecting the Pope as Jesus Christ as he/her is the vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth.

Thank You.
September 21, 2015, 10:41:45 AM

That's laughable. The Lord is my authority, as it should be. We are to have no one above Him. And I'm certainly not scared of any one person.

The Lord is Jesus Christ: are you scared about him?

Thank You.

I have reverence for the Lord and Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit and is not just "any one person". But I know He loves us, and the word "afraid" should not be connected with Him.

With faith in Jesus Christ there is no fear.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us
legendary
September 21, 2015, 10:30:22 AM

That's laughable. The Lord is my authority, as it should be. We are to have no one above Him. And I'm certainly not scared of any one person.

The Lord is Jesus Christ: are you scared about him?

Thank You.
September 21, 2015, 10:28:48 AM

The bible clearly predicted Jesus coming and Jesus returning. There is no mention of a Pope or Queen being born to the Lord who created us to do anything. Although, it does talk about a beast coming up.... If the woman represents a church, it can easily describe the papacy. Purple and scarlet, the robes of the clergy?

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. 14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

The Bible state clearly that Peter is the Vicar of Christ
The 2 Peters on Earth are:
  • The Supreme Governor of the Anglican Church
  • The Bishop of Rome, Pope of the Catholic Church
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar_of_Christ

No, I am quite filled with the Holy Spirit to lead me towards the one true Lord. Following His commandments and confessing to the Lord (not a priest) as Jesus told us to do. The bible clearly says Jesus is coming on the clouds and all eyes will see.

You have a problem with Authority and you are scared of people.

As simple as that.

Thank You.

legendary
September 21, 2015, 10:25:47 AM

The bible clearly predicted Jesus coming and Jesus returning. There is no mention of a Pope or Queen being born to the Lord who created us to do anything. Although, it does talk about a beast coming up.... If the woman represents a church, it can easily describe the papacy. Purple and scarlet, the robes of the clergy?

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. 14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

The Bible state clearly that Peter is the Vicar of Christ
The 2 Peters on Earth are:
  • The Supreme Governor of the Anglican Church
  • The Bishop of Rome, Pope of the Catholic Church
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar_of_Christ

No, I am quite filled with the Holy Spirit to lead me towards the one true Lord. Following His commandments and confessing to the Lord (not a priest) as Jesus told us to do. The bible clearly says Jesus is coming on the clouds and all eyes will see.

You have a problem with Authority and you are scared of people.

As simple as that.

Thank You.
Jump to: