Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 338. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
September 20, 2015, 02:12:06 PM

All the Christians before the year 300, and many after.   Smiley

Jesus put Peter in charge while he was still alive.
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.
18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
- Matthew 16:17-19

There is no hole from Jesus Christ to the last Pope.

Thank You.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 20, 2015, 02:04:43 PM

Since the Pope is not the vicar, I would have believed Jesus back then, just like I do now.

Smiley

Who told you the Pope is not the Vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth?

Thank You.

All the Christians before the year 300, and many after.   Smiley
legendary
September 20, 2015, 02:02:24 PM

Whaaaat?

Just remember Jesus is the only way.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Why you try to remember me obvious things?

Thank You.

Since the Pope is not the vicar, I would have believed Jesus back then, just like I do now.

Smiley

Who told you the Pope is not the Vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth?

Thank You.
legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:59:15 PM

No, he is not. That whole thing is a political stunt.

Smiley

I asked that question to MakingMoneyHoney:
Pope is the vicar of Jesus Christ... so you are not believing the Pope now that he's alive, how would you have acted if you did lived during the time of Jesus Christ?

Would you had believed in Jesus Christ if you did lived during Jesus Christ's time?

I think I asked you the same question.

The point is: if you don't believe the Pope, which is the Vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth you won't have believed Jesus Christ if you were living during his times (2000 years ago).

What makes you a Christian if you don't believe in Jesus Christ?

Thank You.

Smiley
legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:57:20 PM

Smiley

I asked that question to MakingMoneyHoney:
Pope is the vicar of Jesus Christ... so you are not believing the Pope now that he's alive, how would you have acted if you did lived during the time of Jesus Christ?

Would you had believed in Jesus Christ if you did lived during Jesus Christ's time?

I think I asked you the same question.

The point is: if you don't believe the Pope, which is the Vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth you won't have believed Jesus Christ if you were living during his times (2000 years ago).

What makes you a Christian if you don't believe in Jesus Christ?

Thank You.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 20, 2015, 01:51:36 PM

He has changed the commandments and Jesus said He was not here to change them. The pope is not Christian and does not teach Christian teachings. The only way to the Lord is through the son, not through money and the papacy lets you pay for "indulgences" so you can sin, that's not Christian.

We found
"Wolves in sheep's clothing"
in the end.

Once I'll kill 1aguar thinking what are you going to say: that you are the only ruler of the world and Jesus Christ was gay?

Thank You.

Whaaaat?

Just remember Jesus is the only way.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:50:55 PM

Why follow him?  We have the Bible and the Holy Spirit Jesus sent for us to follow. Why follow a man and not God?

Smiley

The Pope is the Vicar of Christ on Earth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar_of_Christ

Being a Vicar of Christ means that Jesus Christ told you to continue his mission on Earth.

You said you follow Jesus Christ, then follow the Pope and you will follow Jesus Christ directly.

That is enough clear to you?

Thank You.

Smiley
September 20, 2015, 01:50:39 PM

So you're ok with breaking the commandments because it's not sinning somehow?

Reverse thinking works only in science and psychology not in theology.

I'm still wondering why you think it's weird to say don't break the 10 commandments, that's a sin? What do you think breaking the 10 commandments is? ok?

I don't see why it's odd, to say breaking the commandments is sinning.

That's just wrong.
legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:48:50 PM

He has changed the commandments and Jesus said He was not here to change them. The pope is not Christian and does not teach Christian teachings. The only way to the Lord is through the son, not through money and the papacy lets you pay for "indulgences" so you can sin, that's not Christian.

We found
"Wolves in sheep's clothing"
in the end.

Once I'll kill 1aguar thinking what are you going to say: that you are the only ruler of the world and Jesus Christ was gay?

Thank You.
September 20, 2015, 01:47:00 PM

Why follow him?  We have the Bible and the Holy Spirit Jesus sent for us to follow. Why follow a man and not God?

Smiley

Being a Vicar of Christ means that Jesus Christ told you to continue his mission on Earth.

You said you follow Jesus Christ, then follow the Pope and you will follow Jesus Christ directly.

Thank You.

legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:46:12 PM

Reverse thinking works only in science and psychology not in theology.

I come from the root, apparently. I follow Jesus Christ's teachings and don't need to specify a branch, because in this case, Jesus would be the root of the tree.

I understand.

Thank You.
September 20, 2015, 01:45:24 PM
When it comes to the god or gods, you have never met him, spoken with him in a sense that you know for sure you have.  You never met jesus or seen the miracles that were said to have been witnessed.
I just wish everyone would see or not be part of the machine as some call it.  Taught, Teach, Obey.  And be open to what they may not think possible.

One thing that is true.  Nothing is impossible.

That's just not true. Many people have had experiences with God and seen things that prove it to them. Even people from other religions than Christianity have experienced things that prove their religion to them, in which case I would say the experience came from a demon.

Also you ignore the fact that some people don't grow up being taught religion, and then start to follow a religion. That means they explored life and found something that proved it to them that God was real.
legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:44:13 PM

Smiley

Thank You.
September 20, 2015, 01:42:24 PM
I don't see why it's odd, to say breaking the commandments is sinning.

That's just wrong.

I'm Christian, I follow Jesus Christ's teachings. Trying to break it down into anything else is complicating something that doesn't have to be complicated.

That doesn't answer my question: what branch of Christianity are you?

Thank You.

I come from the root, apparently. I follow Jesus Christ's teachings and don't need to specify a branch, because in this case, Jesus would be the root of the tree.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
September 20, 2015, 01:40:57 PM
I'm just going to sit back and watch now.

Any arguments on any side with these topics never go anywhere.

Christians will be Christians, Muslims will be Muslims, Atheists with be Atheists.

Seems like religions that people believe in are all they seem to see.

Just bothers me and makes me wonder why society is the way it is.  When people are not open to the idea that everything they know maybe wrong.  Its an idea not something you really have to believe in.

When it comes to the god or gods, you have never met him, spoken with him in a sense that you know for sure you have.  You never met jesus or seen the miracles that were said to have been witnessed.

I mean in reality not in a book, or from what teaching say, or what others have told you.  There is no way you can say that there isnt even a .00000001% possibility that everything taught isnt true.  Because even if the possibility is so small.  The fact is there is still a possibility of everything being untrue or may not even happened at all.

I just wish everyone would see or not be part of the machine as some call it.  Taught, Teach, Obey.  And be open to what they may not think possible.

One thing that is true.  Nothing is impossible.
legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:38:58 PM

We usually have a president of our congregation. We all (over 18) elect him.

Smiley

Don't you feel you are out of the mainstream Christianity?

There are 1.2B Catholics who follow Catholic Pope as the vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth.

Why don't you follow him?

And most of all: why don't you think this discussion is OT (Off Topic)?

We are discussing Religion and in depth Christianity, we are not answering the question "Why atheists hate Religion?"

Thank You.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

The short answer is don't hate at all. Hate is the root of all evil.

I know: this is OT.

This thread is about atheism not Religion.

Thank You.

Smiley
legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:35:47 PM

Smiley

Don't you feel you are out of the mainstream Christianity?

There are 1.2B Catholics who follow Catholic Pope as the vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth.

Why don't you follow him?

And most of all: why don't you think this discussion is OT (Off Topic)?

We are discussing Religion and in depth Christianity, we are not answering the question "Why atheists hate Religion?"

Thank You.

I know: this is OT.

This thread is about atheism not Religion.

Thank You.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 20, 2015, 01:34:22 PM

legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:22:07 PM

God is One, and there is no other.   Smiley

I know we agree on that.

Is the application that we are not on the same foot.

You are Protestant so you believe in only save from Grace but you don't believe that the Pope is the vicar of Christ.

That is though for me that I was grown up to respect the pope, the Catholic Church (the Vatican and the Holy See) and all Christianity as one.

The fact that you are not doing this effort is annoying to me.

Could you repeat your stance on Catholicism and the Pope please?

On the other way: could you say your stance on Anglicanism and the Pope of the Anglicans (Queen Elisabeth II)?

Thank You

Smiley
legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:14:51 PM

God is One, and there is no other.   Smiley

I know we agree on that.

Is the application that we are not on the same foot.

You are Protestant so you believe in only save from Grace but you don't believe that the Pope is the vicar of Christ.

That is though for me that I was grown up to respect the pope, the Catholic Church (the Vatican and the Holy See) and all Christianity as one.

The fact that you are not doing this effort is annoying to me.

Could you repeat your stance on Catholicism and the Pope please?

On the other way: could you say your stance on Anglicanism and the Pope of the Anglicans (Queen Elisabeth II)?

Thank You
Jump to: