Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 380. (Read 901341 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 08, 2015, 04:05:50 PM
I don't feel you can generalize, I don't think real religious people deserve angry but the fake people who call themselves"religious" do.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
August 08, 2015, 03:23:03 PM
WAKE UP, THEISTS!

If you still believe in superstition after this post, there is no fucking hope for you.
Superstition is the belief in the supernatural. Things are listed as "supernatural" by scientists because they can't explain them. Scientists don't know why the world works the way they think it does. That is because it doesn't work the way they and you think it does.

When scientists explain them as dark matter (and dark matter or anti-matter works in the same way as demons do), then it might be listed as fact instead of superstition.

Someday you will find out the truth. But for now you follow people who don't want you to know the truth.

Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
August 08, 2015, 10:00:11 AM
WAKE UP, THEISTS!

Astrological signs are based off arbitrary Zodiac symbols drawn by people who also believed that light from stars came from vents on burning chariot wheels.

Astrology is bullshit, just like witchcraft, psychics, religion and EVERY OTHER SUPERSTITION!

UNLEASH YOURSELF FROM THE LANGUAGE VIRUS THAT HAS INFECTED YOUR MIND!

This is basic psychological science, folks. God is your own mind, your own ego!

You can't accept reality because your ego is defending itself by circumventing your critical thinking pathways.

This chimp is face-fucking this frog to death, because it feels good.

There is no grand design.

"There is only one good: knowledge, and one evil: ignorance."
-Socrates

If you still believe in superstition after this post, there is no fucking hope for you.
August 08, 2015, 09:51:47 AM
Atheists don't hate anybody.

Religions hate Atheists, so we are simply backfiring to them.

They hate us at first, so we hate them. Read some religion books, all of them say athesits will burn in hell, some say it is a good thing to kill an atheist.

WTF?

Yeah i hate anyone who hates me just because i don't believe in imaginary things. F**k em.
I would disagree with you about "Fuck em" except that I know from history that Christians would burn me alive if modern society tolerated such behavior. So yes, Fuck 'em.

Here in NYC you'll sometimes get these jesus preachers on the trains, yelling at a bunch of strangers who are just trying to get to work. Captive audience and all that. Anyway a few times I have publicly shamed these annoying fuckers off the train usually with people thanking me and/or clapping.
August 08, 2015, 09:43:09 AM

They hate us at first, so we hate them. Read some religion books, all of them say athesits will burn in hell, some say it is a good thing to kill an atheist.

WTF?

Yeah i hate anyone who hates me just because i don't believe in imaginary things. F**k em.

Christianity is not supposed to hate. So you're hating on specific people, those who hate you, and that's understandable, although it's best to let go (for yourself) of hate. Just realize you hate sinners, not religion.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
August 08, 2015, 09:33:48 AM

WTF?

August 08, 2015, 09:33:23 AM

We've talked about this before. Things men do create these things... you can't blame God, He told us not to do it.
August 06, 2015, 09:28:07 AM
Why would anyone fear death?
Since nobody actually knows what happens when we die, it's the unknown I guess.
Actually this is mostly related to major religions. People are afraid of death, do not like to speak/think about it and thus religious have gained many followers. Because of their fear, the idea of being saved makes the calm.

I hope you don't mean all people are afraid of death. It just isn't true. I don't really see a good reason why people should be afraid of death at all.

1) If you're religious, then you should feel fine about it.
2) If you're just spiritual but don't follow a religion, you probably believe in the soul, and aren't afraid of death.
3) If you're atheist, you shouldn't believe anything is after death... and I guess maybe can be afraid of dying because you believe that's all there is, but other than that, I don't see a reason to fear death. 

When you die, you die. Worms have a party and end of story. There is no soul.

The post you quoted has nothing to do with whether there is a soul or not. I know there is. My point was that there is no reason to fear death.

You are right that there is no reason to fear death, however it is literally impossible for humans to not fear death. I'll go so far as to say that there has never been a human who truly did not fear death. Ever. It's not enough to think or say 'I do not fear death'. One who uses will simply cannot be fearless.
Death is a natural part of life, life is nature, death stopped being natural for humans the second they decided they were better than life. Humanity is one, there does not exist a single human that stands separate from humanity.
In layman's terms, you cannot knowingly deal death and not fear death  Wink

I don't agree, seeing as how I don't fear death. I think it's quite easy to see if someone believes in a soul, they might not fear death since the soul doesn't die.

I had been told that if you're going to die in a dream you will wake up before it happens, because if you die in a dream, you die in real life. (Not true, of course) I died in a dream, in a car accident, and then I was a soul watching the wreck, in the middle of the intersection... looking around. Then I woke up.

When people realize they don't ever truly die, just their bodies do, the fear can disappear.

Well I certainly cannot fight your claim that you do not fear death but surely you can see what you've done here. You've used reasons and beliefs to do what? to keep the fear of death at bay, to make death manageable, you've painted a picture of death that you feel comfortable with.
Knowing what fear is means one cannot never fearless. It doesn't matter that you eradicate the source of the fear, you already know the feeling, you have acquired the knowledge of what fear is. You cannot undo that knowledge, the best you can do is bury it as deep as you can and convince yourself that it's gone.
True fearlessness is of the realm of true innocence. In short not of the human world.

Except you think that I had a fear of death first, that I somehow wanted to eradicate, and I have never feared death.
legendary
Activity: 1148
August 06, 2015, 09:18:41 AM
Actually this is mostly related to major religions. People are afraid of death, do not like to speak/think about it and thus religious have gained many followers. Because of their fear, the idea of being saved makes the calm.

I hope you don't mean all people are afraid of death. It just isn't true. I don't really see a good reason why people should be afraid of death at all.

2) If you're just spiritual but don't follow a religion, you probably believe in the soul, and aren't afraid of death.
3) If you're atheist, you shouldn't believe anything is after death... and I guess maybe can be afraid of dying because you believe that's all there is, but other than that, I don't see a reason to fear death.  

The post you quoted has nothing to do with whether there is a soul or not. I know there is. My point was that there is no reason to fear death.

You are right that there is no reason to fear death, however it is literally impossible for humans to not fear death. I'll go so far as to say that there has never been a human who truly did not fear death. Ever. It's not enough to think or say 'I do not fear death'. One who uses will simply cannot be fearless.
Death is a natural part of life, life is nature, death stopped being natural for humans the second they decided they were better than life. Humanity is one, there does not exist a single human that stands separate from humanity.
In layman's terms, you cannot knowingly deal death and not fear death  Wink

I don't agree, seeing as how I don't fear death. I think it's quite easy to see if someone believes in a soul, they might not fear death since the soul doesn't die.

I had been told that if you're going to die in a dream you will wake up before it happens, because if you die in a dream, you die in real life. (Not true, of course) I died in a dream, in a car accident, and then I was a soul watching the wreck, in the middle of the intersection... looking around. Then I woke up.

When people realize they don't ever truly die, just their bodies do, the fear can disappear.

Well I certainly cannot fight your claim that you do not fear death but surely you can see what you've done here. You've used reasons and beliefs to do what? to keep the fear of death at bay, to make death manageable, you've painted a picture of death that you feel comfortable with.
Knowing what fear is means one cannot never be fearless. It doesn't matter that you eradicate the source of the fear, you already know the feeling, you have acquired the knowledge of what fear is. You cannot undo that knowledge, the best you can do is bury it as deep as you can and convince yourself that it's gone.
True fearlessness is of the realm of true innocence. In short not of the human world.
August 06, 2015, 08:59:12 AM
I died in a dream, in a car accident, and then I was a soul watching the wreck, in the middle of the intersection... looking around. Then I woke up.

I know how to lucid dream. I know how to figure that out.
August 06, 2015, 08:57:51 AM
I died in a dream, in a car accident, and then I was a soul watching the wreck, in the middle of the intersection... looking around. Then I woke up.
August 06, 2015, 08:54:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 1148
August 06, 2015, 08:45:09 AM

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
August 05, 2015, 11:59:00 PM

It is Buddhism that allows a sense of humour, whether or not the followers have a sense of humour or not.  So are you saying if a Buddhist encounters Christianity that they would lose their sense of humour? Smiley

Are you a Buddhist? If you are, the answer to your question is no on this side, 'cause this Christian is LOL at the thing that you posted.

Cheesy

I'm not Buddhist, but as someone who isn't religious, I do like the philosophy especially for how old it is.

Ok so as a Christian, do you go to church?  And if you do, is it a serious environment or does it allow for humour?

What I find particularly interesting about Buddhism is that its philosophy, formed in the absence of a modern scientific approach to learning, has resulted in some very intuitive assumptions about the physical world that closely mimic the kinds of things we have only recently learned through the pursuit of scientific knowledge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_atomism
August 05, 2015, 09:55:00 PM

Here are some reasons atheists love religion - we get to make fun!  Grin
August 05, 2015, 09:40:33 PM
August 05, 2015, 09:38:18 PM
August 05, 2015, 07:52:17 PM
Activity: 742
August 03, 2015, 03:11:57 PM
Hate is a wasted effort doing nothing to the object of that hate and only degrades the hater.

anyway my friends told (he is an atheis) The reason he hate religion is because he are tired of them forcing their believes to him
Jump to: