Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 49. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
May 29, 2018, 11:05:50 AM
^^^ Density & buoyancy models it quite nicely.

No it doesn't at all. https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69081.0

Anyone who actually understands buoyancy in the most basic sense of the word, knows that you can't have buoyancy without gravity, because there was never a force to exert the pressure in the first place
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
May 29, 2018, 11:00:41 AM
^^^ Density & buoyancy models it quite nicely.
May 29, 2018, 10:57:24 AM
^^^ You're so full of crap, you make assumptions like heliocentrism, pretend evolution is a fact and make ludicrous claims about the age of the earth. Your god gravity has to be taken on faith as its unproven, without it geology and thus evolution is just not possible.

Dr. Kevorkian can help you with that sick feeling you've got.

How much do you weigh?

Less than your mother.

I asked you a serious question. How much do you think you weigh in lbs? And why do you think you weigh anything at all?

I don't care what your actual weight is.  The question was to start you thinking why you have weight at all.

Why does your body exert a force on Earth?

An object (i.e. a person) that's more dense than the medium (the atmosphere) it's displacing gets pushed down, alternatively an object that's less dense (a helium balloon for e.g.) will get pushed up.

Ok, lets follow your logic, when you are standing on the ground what causes the air to push you down? 

There's an electric field between the dome and the ground that acts on the atmosphere, this field also defines up and down.

So the forces of the electric field between the dome and the ground are pushing on you to keep you at the ground level?

I'm not sure if dishonest argument tactics or you can just scroll up a bit; I've highlighted the relevant section. The atmosphere is being displaced and it reacts by pushing back (a helium balloon rises for the same reason), the reactive force vector follows the electric field lines to the ground in the case of a falling object. The electric field polarizes the atmosphere when it acts on it and without this polarization the pressure from the atmosphere (aether in the case of an evacuated chamber) would be evenly distributed across the entire surface and the object would not experience any linear acceleration.

There is no scientific model for any of the bullshit you just wrote, I can't even begin to imagine how fucked up your brain is to even come up with this bullshit in the first place
legendary
May 29, 2018, 10:55:39 AM
^^^ You're so full of crap, you make assumptions like heliocentrism, pretend evolution is a fact and make ludicrous claims about the age of the earth. Your god gravity has to be taken on faith as its unproven, without it geology and thus evolution is just not possible.

How much do you weigh?

Less than your mother.

I asked you a serious question. How much do you think you weigh in lbs? And why do you think you weigh anything at all?

I don't care what your actual weight is.  The question was to start you thinking why you have weight at all.

An object (i.e. a person) that's more dense than the medium (the atmosphere) it's displacing gets pushed down, alternatively an object that's less dense (a helium balloon for e.g.) will get pushed up.

Ok, lets follow your logic, when you are standing on the ground what causes the air to push you down?  

There's an electric field between the dome and the ground that acts on the atmosphere, this field also defines up and down.

So the forces of the electric field between the dome and the ground are pushing on you to keep you at the ground level?

I'm not sure if dishonest argument tactics or you can just scroll up a bit; I've highlighted the relevant section. The atmosphere is being displaced and it reacts by pushing back (a helium balloon rises for the same reason), the reactive force vector follows the electric field lines to the ground in the case of a falling object. The electric field polarizes the atmosphere when it acts on it and without this polarization the pressure from the atmosphere (aether in the case of an evacuated chamber) would be evenly distributed across the entire surface and the object would not experience any linear acceleration.
May 29, 2018, 10:45:36 AM

You already showed how little you understand by trying to debunk evolution with the 2nd law of thermodynamics and failed miserably, so stop.

You already showed how little you understand by thinking that I am trying to debunk evolution with the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Cool

You did, tho, you used entropy many times to say evolution is impossible and I proved you wrong everytime. Don't lie now.
legendary
May 29, 2018, 07:49:30 AM

How much do you weigh?

Less than your mother.

I don't care what your actual weight is.  The question was to start you thinking why you have weight at all.

legendary
May 29, 2018, 06:57:14 AM

How much do you weigh?

Less than your mother.

Activity: 337
Merit: 258
May 29, 2018, 06:45:13 AM

You'll need to phrase it in a way he understands.

I suggest you ask him how dense he is.  Wink
legendary
May 29, 2018, 05:19:40 AM

How much do you weigh?

Less than your mother.
legendary
May 29, 2018, 02:51:07 AM

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 28, 2018, 11:47:54 PM

Stop pretending you know anything about science.  Earth is not a closed system, we receive energy from the Sun.

Without Sun there would be no life.

Emergence is responsible for ever increasing  complexity of life on Earth. Look it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QItTWZc7hKs

Stop pretending you know anything about science. God is responsible for emergence, not the Sun.

Cool
legendary
May 28, 2018, 11:46:29 PM

Very funny from you when Hitler was educated as a catholic by his mother and Stalin was sent in an orthodox seminary

You haven't noticed yet? Although some Catholics are Christians, Catholicism isn't Christianity.

Cool
legendary
May 28, 2018, 11:44:42 PM

You already showed how little you understand by trying to debunk evolution with the 2nd law of thermodynamics and failed miserably, so stop.

You already showed how little you understand by thinking that I am trying to debunk evolution with the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Cool
Activity: 241
Merit: 102
May 28, 2018, 07:52:42 PM
A true atheist cannot really hate religion, because religion would just be indifferent to him. Hate is always related with something we have inside. We hate a part of ourselves. Atheists who hate religion in fact hate the religious tendencies that they are hiding inside them. And I say it being an atheist, by the way. One who is indifferent to religion.

No, abrahamic religions want to control society and are a concern for everyone involved or not

Take your sand plague back to where it belongs and don't spread it

Take you plague of atheism off the face of the earth. Atheists or near atheists like Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Temujin, etc., were some of the worst plagues sent onto mankind. Atheism is the most dread religion.

Cool

Very funny from you when Hitler was educated as a catholic by his mother and Stalin was sent in an orthodox seminary
May 28, 2018, 06:40:27 PM

''and has evidence for it'' Not really, though. You also claim to have evidence for god's existence and I debunked that several times, you were unable to even respond.

As has been noted several times, since you don't understand any supposed debunking you did, and since you can't say it in simple language, your debunking only debunks itself.

Cool

Saying that only proves my point, you can't refute anything because you don't have arguments and you copy paste the same thing over and over again.

Your proof debunks itself since you can't say it in simple language.

Except for one major detail. I wrote the things in my links. I could simply repeat the writing, but anyone can go to the links. You, on the other hand, copied and pasted what you wrote, not really understanding much of any of it. When are you going to make a point, in your own words, that is actual science that talks about my science? I mean, you might be going to school and learning all about this stuff, so that you can actually say something worthwhile in your own words.

Cool

legendary
May 28, 2018, 05:53:01 PM

''and has evidence for it'' Not really, though. You also claim to have evidence for god's existence and I debunked that several times, you were unable to even respond.

As has been noted several times, since you don't understand any supposed debunking you did, and since you can't say it in simple language, your debunking only debunks itself.

Cool

Saying that only proves my point, you can't refute anything because you don't have arguments and you copy paste the same thing over and over again.

Except for one major detail. I wrote the things in my links. I could simply repeat the writing, but anyone can go to the links. You, on the other hand, copied and pasted what you wrote, not really understanding much of any of it. When are you going to make a point, in your own words, that is actual science that talks about my science? I mean, you might be going to school and learning all about this stuff, so that you can actually say something worthwhile in your own words.

Cool
May 28, 2018, 05:47:38 PM

Cool

legendary
May 28, 2018, 05:32:49 PM

Cool
May 28, 2018, 05:00:58 PM

I agree that people should never think this life is irrelevant. However, I would argue you are misdiagnosing the fundamental problem.

The true challenge is that the human power to do evil is growing much faster then our wisdom to not be evil.

Islamic countries may be developing nuclear weapons now but with relentless technological development there will soon come a time when everyone even single individuals will be able to unleash that kind of devastation.

Ridding the world of religion would not solve the actual problem it would worsen it.

When any single disgruntled individual has the ability to destroy a city block or unleash a biological plague that can kill thousands what is the solution?

I believe religion has a critical role to play in answering to that question as I argued in this earlier post.

An Argument for God

Problem is that your proof is not scientific, it's pseudo-science. Using the godel theorem wrongfully is not a good justification for your beliefs. Your second claim is just as bullshit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coherence_theory_of_truth#Criticism
It's no wonder you like jordan peterson, he talks in the same bullshit manner as you and while I agree with many of his points about sjw's, black lives matter and all the modern bullshit, I don't agree with his views on god or his ''life philosophy'' People have repeatedly pointed out Peterson's reliance on unfalsifiable, unscientific and indefensible psychoanalytic models, you do the same.

The problem with your idea and your Wiki link is, nobody knows if it is your belief, or if you are only trying to get people to THINK that it is your belief.

What I mean is, when someone presents an idea that he believes in (Coincube), and someone else opposes that idea with a different belief (you), who knows if it is really a belief (that you have), or if it is simply an appearance of a belief, being used (by you) to discredit a person (Coincube) in a subtle, ad hominem way?

Coincube believes something, and has evidence for it. You claim to have an apposing belief, but you barely ever have evidence for it that can stand up even a little to Coincube's evidence.

So, the question is, do you really believe what you say, or are you using it to direct the minds of readers certain in directions, for political purposes, rather than to clarify ideas specifically presented? In other words, your Wiki article that you linked doesn't apply, because you are not being critical of Coincube's ideas and evidence. Rather, you are being critical of Coincube to make him look bad so that people will not think his ideas are any good.

What you are doing is standard political science. You don't "fight" Coincube on the points he makes. Rather you fight him by directing people towards the idea that he is a depraved or pitiful person, not worthy of the consideration of anyone.

And, that is the only way you fight. You have nothing of real value other than political science - lies and deception. And you are getting really good at it.

Cool

legendary
May 28, 2018, 06:27:17 AM

I agree that people should never think this life is irrelevant. However, I would argue you are misdiagnosing the fundamental problem.

The true challenge is that the human power to do evil is growing much faster then our wisdom to not be evil.

Islamic countries may be developing nuclear weapons now but with relentless technological development there will soon come a time when everyone even single individuals will be able to unleash that kind of devastation.

Ridding the world of religion would not solve the actual problem it would worsen it.

When any single disgruntled individual has the ability to destroy a city block or unleash a biological plague that can kill thousands what is the solution?

I believe religion has a critical role to play in answering to that question as I argued in this earlier post.

An Argument for God

Problem is that your proof is not scientific, it's pseudo-science. Using the godel theorem wrongfully is not a good justification for your beliefs. Your second claim is just as bullshit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coherence_theory_of_truth#Criticism
It's no wonder you like jordan peterson, he talks in the same bullshit manner as you and while I agree with many of his points about sjw's, black lives matter and all the modern bullshit, I don't agree with his views on god or his ''life philosophy'' People have repeatedly pointed out Peterson's reliance on unfalsifiable, unscientific and indefensible psychoanalytic models, you do the same.

The problem with your idea and your Wiki link is, nobody knows if it is your belief, or if you are only trying to get people to THINK that it is your belief.

What I mean is, when someone presents an idea that he believes in (Coincube), and someone else opposes that idea with a different belief (you), who knows if it is really a belief (that you have), or if it is simply an appearance of a belief, being used (by you) to discredit a person (Coincube) in a subtle, ad hominem way?

Coincube believes something, and has evidence for it. You claim to have an apposing belief, but you barely ever have evidence for it that can stand up even a little to Coincube's evidence.

So, the question is, do you really believe what you say, or are you using it to direct the minds of readers certain in directions, for political purposes, rather than to clarify ideas specifically presented? In other words, your Wiki article that you linked doesn't apply, because you are not being critical of Coincube's ideas and evidence. Rather, you are being critical of Coincube to make him look bad so that people will not think his ideas are any good.

What you are doing is standard political science. You don't "fight" Coincube on the points he makes. Rather you fight him by directing people towards the idea that he is a depraved or pitiful person, not worthy of the consideration of anyone.

And, that is the only way you fight. You have nothing of real value other than political science - lies and deception. And you are getting really good at it.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: