Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 124. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 01, 2014, 12:58:22 AM
Look if there where not any single tax there no internet bcs paying for goods is tax what you must pay for this good.If you buy bitcoins you pay the tax for bitcoin which is it price ,if someone mine bitcoin the must pay for electricity internet and other things which is not possible to get when no taxes.Tax= equivalent of some goods ,the problem is that  in some places taxes is too high and peaple dont have money to pay so much and this taxes harm them and make live worst which is != idea of equvalent tax.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Atdhe Nuhiu
December 01, 2014, 12:12:01 AM
Paying taxes is good thing ,if nobody pays the taxes and for example someone  have car accident or someone get robbed  or killed or smth then where get help? Pure anarchy and jungle when no taxes.Problem is when the taxes is too high and harm humans.But the idea  paying equivalent tax is good ,i think.
Paying taxes is a good thing if the other people pay and not you. This implies for everyone and everyone is trying for that in more or less legal ways.

Paying equivalent tax is a nice idea as well. There are many definitions of equivalence and equivalent tax. Some extremes of equivalent tax are lump sum tax and tax that causes for all people the same disponibile income. Of course everyone likes most the tax that is most favourable to his own wallet.

I'd prefer your "lawlessness" equally for all, instead of just for those who can afford to bribe.
Unfortunatelly for you and for majority of people, reality is not what most people wish for. It never was like that and never will be. It will be even much less in BTC-economy, because it will be even more antidemocratic than recent systems.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
November 30, 2014, 11:57:59 PM
"Protection taxes" aka bribes are already paid around the world to government officials by those who want to have the usurped privilege (when it's the fundamental human right) to effectively defend themselves. In spite of your beloved "laws" which only disarm and punish those who can't afford the bribes.

I'd prefer your "lawlessness" equally for all, instead of just for those who can afford to bribe.
Activity: 11
November 30, 2014, 11:46:11 PM
Paying taxes is good thing ,if nobody pays the taxes and for example someone  have car accident or someone get robbed  or killed or smth then where get help? Pure anarchy and jungle when no taxes.Problem is when the taxes is too high and harm humans.But the idea  paying equivalent tax is good ,i think.
Atdhe Nuhiu
November 30, 2014, 11:21:22 PM
People pay taxes to create a good place for live (with services like hospital, police ecc.). But in many country this isn't possible. I would like to live in the North of Europe, where there is very civilization (and very beautiful woman  Grin).
Yes everyone wants to live there, especially from IIIrd world countries. So they keep dreaming about the paradise in the Europe and do not make even smallest effort to do anything in their countries. Politicians are perfect scapegoat everywhere. But the poorer the country the bigger scapegoat politicians are. Paradoxically this false belief itself is the biggest obstacle of development. The obstacle are not the politicians who are useless and greedy everywhere.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
November 30, 2014, 10:20:01 PM
Maybe you should get out and explore the world.  These discussions always crack me up.  There is only one outcome.  It is the same outcome there has always been.  Does nobody care about history?
Let's say we rise up>  Ok.  Cool.  Now what?  General lawlessness for a bit.  That lasts until some people pay a protection tax to not be bothered.  Once you pay tax you want comfort.  Someone always has a better answer, look at how all the different countries around the world are run.
It never stops, Just keeps going round and round.
legendary
RIP Mommy
November 30, 2014, 09:09:44 PM
The density of butter is 911 kg/m3
The average human body density is 1062 kg/m3
November 30, 2014, 08:14:33 PM
Really Butter? Are you really that dense.
legendary
RIP Mommy
November 30, 2014, 05:52:31 PM
"why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do."

Simply put, we would no longer have a world. Most pay tax due to the fear of what will happen to them should the protection come to an end.

Go to some craphole of a country where you can kill someone anywhere and walk away, you'll be happy to pay tax. Not to mention how much we would spend on shocks without solid roadways

Where is this country that has a cop <10 seconds away anywhere in it? You can effectively kill anyone anywhere (short of a police station or hot range) and walk away in every country where only cops and criminals carry guns everywhere.

Where is this country that has solid roadways where nobody's car ever gets damaged?
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
November 30, 2014, 05:10:52 PM
Only noobs pay taxes,,

Pros don't give a flying puck about taxes.

They steal big and mostly they never get caught.
November 30, 2014, 04:53:17 PM
"why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do."

Simply put, we would no longer have a world. Most pay tax due to the fear of what will happen to them should the protection come to an end.

Go to some craphole of a country where you can kill someone anywhere and walk away, you'll be happy to pay tax. Not to mention how much we would spend on shocks without solid roadways
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
November 30, 2014, 03:43:12 PM
People pay taxes to create a good place for live (with services like hospital, police ecc.). But in many country this isn't possible. I would like to live in the North of Europe, where there is very civilization (and very beautiful woman  Grin).

Be careful what you wish for. It has been reasonable up to now, but as fewer and fewer people work, and the working population is taxed up to their ears, it may start a downward slope ending in collapse.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196
Reputation first.
November 30, 2014, 03:33:03 PM
Atdhe Nuhiu
November 30, 2014, 03:11:55 PM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

The problem is that people who care about rights and understand how things work are usually too busy leading productive lives and being good citizens. The people who have time to do what you suggest enjoy using government force to make up for their laziness and lack of ambition.

I agree with that, but I do not think it is a problem.

On the top I do not think that the busy people live unproductive lives. I do not think being bad citizen is unproductive. I think the oppose. Is good politician or his dedicated voter productive. I really do not see how it can be true. The busy people, even if they are busy for their own good or for some obscure reasons, they are trying undiscovered paths. And that is productive.
Atdhe Nuhiu
November 30, 2014, 03:05:37 PM
It is really more about the rule of law and what is good for society as a whole. When the government imposes taxes on it's citizens, it is effectively forcing them to pay for things that is good for society as a whole.

How can we know when a thing is "good for society as a whole"?
The winners always define what is good for society as a whole. That is the truth. You know it then, because the winner has the power to force you to believe his propaganda about the good for the society as a whole.
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
November 30, 2014, 02:08:25 PM
People agree on paying taxes if they can forsee a meaningfull outcome from that.

So questionable operations costing millions of dollars are shaking that believe, citizens might become more reluctant to pay in the aftermath. Historical example: Funding the army following vietnam. More recent examples might exist.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 30, 2014, 01:44:02 PM
In an utopian world, the government at some point will have enough investments so that it doesn't have to tax its people.  Smiley

The US government already has enough investments.

Want to End all Taxation?
OK  LET'S DO IT!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2014, 01:34:11 AM

The composite totals of investment assets held internationally by USA government is staggering. Between local and Federal government, the total of liquid investment assets held Internationally as of 1998 was a conservative sixty (60) Trillion dollars. Come the year 2007 the collective totals topped a conservative (110) Trillion dollars.

"GROSS" INCOME of government is now 1/3rd "TAX" income and 2/3rds NON-TAX income derived from: return on INVESTMENTS and money generated from government Enterprise projects.  

A country having surplus or investment assets is not a bad thing.
In fact, it shows that there is a responsible government, which ensures that future generations are not left holding the bill for spending by the current government/generation.

The investment assets of the US government pale in comparison to the wealth held by other sovereign funds.
http://www.swfinstitute.org/fund-rankings/

In an utopian world, the government at some point will have enough investments so that it doesn't have to tax its people.  Smiley
Activity: 79
November 29, 2014, 06:11:50 PM
Most farm as subsidized by the government.. Not your backyard farm.

No, governments don't build roads in US--private industry does that.
What governments do is collect the money & pay private industry.

Correct, when we say the government provided the roads we mean they call for the construction and pay the private industry, like you said, not that the government actually paves the roads.

The main point, without going into splitting hairs is that... Taxes (or some for f community collecting) will always exist, that is, if you want to have infrastructure and use services.

Activity: 35
November 29, 2014, 06:08:33 PM
Economy is like a lake. From one side of the lake, water comes in (inflation) and from the other side, water comes out (tax).
Jump to: