Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 119. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
December 27, 2014, 04:22:42 PM
The government would force us to buy their service,
we can not reject only accept  Undecided

You have to obey the laws where you are living but you can actively try to convince people that the laws are bad and influence future laws.
Activity: 686
December 27, 2014, 04:12:59 PM
You're wrong.
If you are paid in goods and services, you owe tax on the fair market value of those goods & services. 
I'm surprised this still comes up, Google is your friend.

It would be illegal to do what I wrote in the last post, I was just saying some people do that not to pay revenue taxes
There are very few taxes on a company's revenue (the only tax on revenue is via the ACA on medical devices). The rest of the taxes in the US are based on either income or asset levels.

There is also sales tax but this is not a revenue tax, it is a consumption tax

Is sales tax paid out of the pockets of the customer or the seller?
If demand is inelastic, it is considered to be paid by the customer.
If the demand is elastic, it is considered to be paid by the seller.

So no matter whether it is considered a revenue tax or consumption tax, it is sometimes paid by the selling company.
This is not correct. Sales tax is always paid for by the buyer. There are many instances where the seller is not going to collect sales tax (for example because they are shipping to an out of state buyer) but the buyer is still liable for the tax.

Additionally sales tax is applied evenly to all similar goods so no individual producer is going to be penalized by sales tax
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
December 27, 2014, 01:59:23 PM
The government would force us to buy their service,
we can not reject only accept  Undecided
December 27, 2014, 01:46:38 PM
You're wrong.
If you are paid in goods and services, you owe tax on the fair market value of those goods & services. 

It would be illegal to do what I wrote in the last post, I was just saying some people do that not to pay revenue taxes
There are very few taxes on a company's revenue (the only tax on revenue is via the ACA on medical devices). The rest of the taxes in the US are based on either income or asset levels.

So no matter whether it is considered a revenue tax or consumption tax, it is sometimes paid by the selling company.

When the company needs to pay 100% taxes when she gives away a salary she consider the cost of labor as being the salary+100%+(other costs) She would pay more if she didn't have the taxes
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
December 27, 2014, 05:30:37 AM
You're wrong.

Activity: 714
Merit: 661
December 26, 2014, 06:30:42 PM
There is no way not to pay taxes, if you don't pay with your company you're paying when you buy something. Ah of course if you use black market to buy/sell something, you don't pay anything Smiley That's why they closed Silkroad, they couldn't get any taxes from them...

Offshore companies and subsidies are typical way to escape, minimize taxes, and earning from taxes. You can pretty much having income of zero while profiting of everything while receiving money from government.
Sad but true, all it get is knowledge about all the program they are granting, connection, and some time to fill the paperwork.

If your revenue from tax exceed what you pay, I don't consider it "paying tax", for me it is called "cashing tax".

This is ironical, as the one who does that -and I do, and will continue as much as I can- are called legal, when on the other hand SR who never got 1 cents from the tax payer is considered illegal.
Well, as much as I dislike using the system, it does not morally hurt me to use it as long as I am providing value for my customers.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
December 26, 2014, 06:19:17 PM
That being said, explain me why a private police would not work and make the debate progress.

Private police exists--see shopping mall cops, etc.  Also learn about the Pinkertons, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_(detective_agency)
If you mean getting rid of publicly funded police, then what you're essentially asking for is placing the power of enforcement in the hands of the moneyed elite.

If, OTOH, you're asking about the actual mechanics of why private police would not happen, the answer is simple:  The real police would own the lunatics & throw them in jail.

Hope this helps.
*I still suggest studying Go, Dog, Go! in greater detail, and getting up to speed before typing on the interwebs Smiley

Edit re. "Come on give me some statist author, books, video that made you vibrate and want to pay your taxes":
I don't "vibrate" about paying taxes any more than I vibrate about going to the dentist or wiping my ass after taking a dump--I don't get excited about these things, frankly don't even enjoy them, but shit got to be done (no pun intended).

Interesting to note that vandalism more often happen in public area than private one.

That's because private areas are protected by an extra layer of security, see mall cop.  The real ones still show up when shit happens & serve as a deterrent.

I'm talking about private police with private courts. (as explained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYkdEU_B4o)
No monopoly of force in the hand of the state. (and no tax to pay for it)

I am surprised you think law enforcement would be in the hands of the moneyed elite... because this is already the case with the current system.

So to counter the fact that the rich already have disproportionate legal power, you want to hand it to them implicitly?  Not following your logic.

I don't get excited about these things, frankly don't even enjoy them, but shit got to be done (no pun intended).

No, it is not. You have to eat, you have to shit, but you don't have to pay taxes. You decide to.
Most people do it voluntarily convinced by the moral good of this obligation.

No.  I decide to eat because I don't like being hungry.
I decide to wipe my ass because I was brainwashed by patriarchal oligarchy and their toadies, the mainstream press.
Learn to paranoid delusions, brah.

~The Jews Did It!
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
December 26, 2014, 06:02:16 PM
You're wrong.

I was saying that if you work without being registered you don't pay any taxes on your revenue

There is no way not to pay taxes, if you don't pay with your company you're paying when you buy something. Ah of course if you use black market to buy/sell something, you don't pay anything Smiley That's why they closed Silkroad, they couldn't get any taxes from them...
December 26, 2014, 05:50:07 PM
That being said, explain me why a private police would not work and make the debate progress.

Private police exists--see shopping mall cops, etc.  Also learn about the Pinkertons, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_(detective_agency)
If you mean getting rid of publicly funded police, then what you're essentially asking for is placing the power of enforcement in the hands of the moneyed elite.

If, OTOH, you're asking about the actual mechanics of why private police would not happen, the answer is simple:  The real police would own the lunatics & throw them in jail.

Hope this helps.
*I still suggest studying Go, Dog, Go! in greater detail, and getting up to speed before typing on the interwebs Smiley

Edit re. "Come on give me some statist author, books, video that made you vibrate and want to pay your taxes":
I don't "vibrate" about paying taxes any more than I vibrate about going to the dentist or wiping my ass after taking a dump--I don't get excited about these things, frankly don't even enjoy them, but shit got to be done (no pun intended).

Interesting to note that vandalism more often happen in public area than private one.
I'm talking about private police with private courts. (as explained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYkdEU_B4o)
No monopoly of force in the hand of the state. (and no tax to pay for it)

I am surprised you think law enforcement would be in the hands of the moneyed elite... because this is already the case with the current system.
A company or person full of lawyer will defend more easily than poor one.
Get an Intellectual Property violated by a big guy ? forget about the court, you already lost. A big guy is attacking your for it ? forget also about defense if you don't have money.

Really take the time to see this video, since it address your point.

I don't get excited about these things, frankly don't even enjoy them, but shit got to be done (no pun intended).

No, it is not. You have to eat, you have to shit, but you don't have to pay taxes. You decide to.
Most people do it voluntarily convinced by the moral good of this obligation.
I'm not convinced by the moral base of it, I still pay my taxes, but spend times and education to minimize them. (Interestingly with government subsidies and companies even if I don't support the moral existence of subsidies as much as taxes)
As I said, I consider it pure racketeering and I see no service that can actually be better provided by a government and force than a competent business man voluntarily.
Rothbard is the main one that made me shift, Ayn Rand is a also a big part for sure.
In a sense, I consider myself a bigger thief by profiting from subsidies and paying my taxes legally, than someone that would just not declare anything.
Nobody is obliged to pay his taxes, and there is 2 ways to do it : profiting from subsidies (and good contacts) or not declaring. A sad perspective, but the choice is ours, liking it or not.
December 25, 2014, 01:38:15 PM

Hope this helps.

December 25, 2014, 01:32:03 PM
Bro, I'll respond with logical arguments once you stop posting anarcap slogans and cliches.
And you're a randian on top of all the other fail?  Once you graduate to Go, Dog, Go!, we can talk some more Smiley
In the mean time,

You really can't find a better argument than an "-ism" or "-ian" attack ? Come on, man you can do better.
There are some statists on this forum that sometimes present arguments worth debating and that at least made me do some research. (twiifm  Grin)

But you are just boring Sad

Come on give me some statist author, books, video that made you vibrate and want to pay your taxes. Something that can at least make me see a government of any kind with a better light whatever.

My point is that there is no government services that could not be better served by the private sector.
From road, to school, to police.
I gave you the an argument police (with the youtube link the argument is Rothbard's one), now explain me why it would not work, that's all.

Now I don't agree with the system. And I don't have to play with their rules. A government is less agile than an individual, an individual you can always adapt to their arbitrary rules, and finding ways to protect money from taxes legally. I don't want to debate whether it is good or bad, since it is not worth debating two different morality.

A market is the most agile and efficient way to find a price and allow innovation and increasing standards of living for the participants
December 25, 2014, 12:49:26 PM
Bro, I'll respond with logical arguments once you stop posting anarcap slogans and cliches.
And you're a randian on top of all the other fail?  Once you graduate to Go, Dog, Go!, we can talk some more Smiley
In the mean time,

You really can't find a better argument than an "-ism" or "-ian" attack ? Come on, man you can do better.
There are some statists on this forum that sometimes present arguments worth debating and that at least made me do some research. (twiifm  Grin)

But you are just boring Sad

Come on give me some statist author, books, video that made you vibrate and want to pay your taxes. Something that can at least make me see a government of any kind with a better light whatever.

My point is that there is no government services that could not be better served by the private sector.
From road, to school, to police.
I gave you the an argument police (with the youtube link the argument is Rothbard's one), now explain me why it would not work, that's all.

Now I don't agree with the system. And I don't have to play with their rules. A government is less agile than an individual, an individual you can always adapt to their arbitrary rules, and finding ways to protect money from taxes legally. I don't want to debate whether it is good or bad, since it is not worth debating two different morality.

December 25, 2014, 08:15:53 AM
You're wrong.

I was saying that if you work without being registered you don't pay any taxes on your revenue
Activity: 686
December 25, 2014, 03:55:20 AM
You're wrong.

STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
December 24, 2014, 11:37:41 PM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

That would be the creation of a new country most likely.   People live together en masse because its efficient to do so and actually costs less then your stand alone proposal; even with taxes.    Yet USA and many other places have excessive taxes and worse still, unrestrained interference by government in normal trade and activities of its citizens.  
This is when taxes becomes a problem, not because it was always invalid but when it fails the majority in any purpose and undermines society.   Why do people choose to do so, I think society is naturally inclined to continue with recognised practise and even though its in downward spiral we follow it down till its overwhelmingly uncomfortable and people depart, take painful measures, etc
December 24, 2014, 09:31:35 PM
You're wrong.

December 24, 2014, 01:55:05 PM
You're wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
December 24, 2014, 01:12:49 PM
Most people don't actually agree to pay taxes. But as long as you live in a country that makes you pay them...

Work directly for goods, don't use money at all and you don't have to pay takes. Will you do that? I don't think so.

If you work for money without being registered then you buy directly without going to a shop, you will not pay direct taxes.

Maybe I am wrong, but while what I suggested is legal, what you suggested is tax evasion, which is punished.
December 24, 2014, 12:53:38 PM
Most people don't actually agree to pay taxes. But as long as you live in a country that makes you pay them...

Work directly for goods, don't use money at all and you don't have to pay takes. Will you do that? I don't think so.

If you work for money without being registered then you buy directly without going to a shop, you will not pay direct taxes.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
December 24, 2014, 11:20:23 AM

Jump to: