Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 120. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
December 24, 2014, 11:17:05 AM
Bro, I'll respond with logical arguments once you stop posting anarcap slogans and cliches.
And you're a randian on top of all the other fail?  Once you graduate to Go, Dog, Go!, we can talk some more Smiley
In the mean time,

Activity: 714
Merit: 661
December 24, 2014, 10:58:57 AM
It would certainly cross your mind if you were an angsty teen or a batshit-crazy senile old coot.  Why not?
Bring arguments instead of sarcasm. If one can make me believe in statism once again by using reason and not dogma, I would be glad to know the arguments.

Then GTFO, go live under the sea & stop whining.
Good advice, which I already took. Have you read Atlas Shrugged ? Atlantis exists. (and not only in the dnm)

TL;DR:  Nothing succeeds like success.  There has not been a successful anarchistic society which lasted longer than a DMT trip.  The entire surface of this planet belongs to jackbooted statists.
In Atlas Shrugged, during his speech, Francisco said :
Money is so noble a medium that is does not compete with guns and it does not make terms with brutality.

Which is why we get statist and taxes instead of free market. But where force can't be used, free market will stay.

Darknet markets are neither thriving nor expanding.  Asserting that they are implies having financial data, which, AFAIK, said markets do not provide.
Very interesting, specially when such financial both data and metrics are artificially created by our statists to support their policy and not the other way around. Say, should the GDP need to include prostitution ? (or other interesting stories with greece http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/nov/16/greece-eu-eurostat-statistics-fudge) Smiley

What you can see, is that before the SR got closed there were more or less one market. Now they are dozens. Businesses flourishes where money can be made, and it shows no sign of slowing down.

But I admit, interesting metrics can be taken objectively. Should be interesting to count how much products are being sold each days on all these markets, a simple web crawler could do that, and would show the trend.
December 24, 2014, 08:55:42 AM
Paying Taxes is the reason we are getting Health services, Law enforcement, Clean streets and parks, Great Infrastructure.

Government need money to provide us a better place to live that's why they force us to pay taxes.

Agreed
The private market would provide exactly the same services for cheaper and more variety due to competition and consumer choice for the best fit for his need.

Last time my grandma went shopping for an army, she wound up returning it.

world without government = world without rule
Primitive view of anarchism. Because it is simply not true.
Again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYkdEU_B4o
A living counter example is why darknet markets are thriving and expanding when there is no central authority "protecting" anyone ?

Darknet markets are neither thriving nor expanding.  Asserting that they are implies having financial data, which, AFAIK, said markets do not provide.

Government need money to provide us a better place to live that's why they force us to pay taxes.
To that, they failed. Or it would have never crossed my mind to give one read any anarcho capitalism book in my life.

It would certainly cross your mind if you were an angsty teen or a batshit-crazy senile old coot.  Why not?

They force me to pay taxes for services I don't want, without giving a damn about my safety. (In france anyway, good if you are not in a country of this kind)

Then GTFO, go live under the sea & stop whining.

Even if I am convinced that free market would do a better job than bureaucrats only caring about their job safety, I would not really care paying taxes if I liked the services I got for it.

TL;DR:  Nothing succeeds like success.  There has not been a successful anarchistic society which lasted longer than a DMT trip.  The entire surface of this planet belongs to jackbooted statists.

Deal with it.
December 24, 2014, 07:55:31 AM
Paying Taxes is the reason we are getting Health services, Law enforcement, Clean streets and parks, Great Infrastructure.

Agreed
The private market would provide exactly the same services for cheaper and more variety due to competition and consumer choice for the best fit for his need.
Primitive view of anarchism. Because it is simply not true.
Again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYkdEU_B4o
A living counter example is why darknet markets are thriving and expanding when there is no central authority "protecting" anyone ?

To that, they failed. Or it would have never crossed my mind to give one read any anarcho capitalism book in my life.
They force me to pay taxes for services I don't want, without giving a damn about my safety. (In france anyway, good if you are not in a country of this kind)

Even if I am convinced that free market would do a better job than bureaucrats only caring about their job safety, I would not really care paying taxes if I liked the services I got for it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
December 24, 2014, 06:35:53 AM
We need government
if there are no rule, can you imagine how the world is going?

You can have rules without having a government. What we have now is a huge government, there is a lot of space to decrease the size of it.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
December 23, 2014, 11:52:00 PM
Because of government force people pay taxes.

The people decide what the government forces them to do...so the people pay takes because they've all agreed they want to pay taxes to pay for collective services.

The government who counts the votes, forces people to believe that the people decided in favor of infinite amounts of human rights violations, innocent bloodshed, and other tyranny.

This so called tyranny is favourable to the alternatives.
If we don't have an elected government, we would have the rule of the jungle. Anarchy can be terrible.

We need government

"Anarchy and statism are incompatible, which explains why statists must mislead people by defining anarchy as chaos and disorder."
-Darrell Anderson

"If we look at the record of mass murder, exploitation, and tyranny levied on society by governments over the ages, we need not be loath to abandon the Leviathan State and … try freedom."
-Murray N. Rothbard

"If you need government to justify and immunize infinite amounts of human rights violations and innocent bloodshed, then we need anarchy to stop you."
-Me
Activity: 784
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
December 23, 2014, 11:31:06 PM
We need government
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
December 23, 2014, 11:09:03 PM

The people decide what the government forces them to do...so the people pay takes because they've all agreed they want to pay taxes to pay for collective services.

The government who counts the votes, forces people to believe that the people decided in favor of infinite amounts of human rights violations, innocent bloodshed, and other tyranny.

This so called tyranny is favourable to the alternatives.
If we don't have an elected government, we would have the rule of the jungle. Anarchy can be terrible.
December 23, 2014, 06:14:33 AM
(emphasis mine)

Even if we were using a perfect, corruption-free, direct democracy, all we could say is that taxes are taken because the majority of people want taxes to be taken.

Or the minority that rule want it taken.
December 22, 2014, 10:32:14 PM
Even if we were using a perfect, corruption-free, direct democracy, all we could say is that taxes are taken because the majority of people want taxes to be taken.

Wait, are you saying that not everyone gets to pay exactly what he wants?  And it's like that throughout the whole world?!
How long will these Fascists keep extorting our money in this Lizard Jew HELL?
(emphasis mine)
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
December 22, 2014, 07:58:45 PM
(emphasis mine)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
December 22, 2014, 07:36:33 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
December 22, 2014, 07:24:43 PM

December 22, 2014, 07:21:25 PM
... if the government did not provide national security then the counrty would be vulnerable to invasion,...

Not necessarily.  One could imagine a collection of competing defense contractors interacting with insurance companies to provide very efficient defense services to a significant number of high-profile clients...

Multiple competing armies bidding for defence contracts.  You guys eat a lot of wall candy when you were little?

What an argument man, I am speechless.
Here is why it can work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYkdEU_B4o
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
December 22, 2014, 09:50:21 AM
I get welfare checks from taxpayers and use also my offshore money so I like people paying me  Smiley
December 22, 2014, 09:09:59 AM
The current system is killing so many people that most other system based of free choice should be better.

"The current system is killing so many people" compared to what?  Where do you get this nonsense?

The current system of fiat currencies, big government and big armies induce a lot of murders and suffering. period. I am pointing out that other systems should not be as harmful if they involve free choice, free market and less coercion.

D00d, "a lot" is a relative term.  A lot of people die on the operating table, doesn't mean that fewer would die if doctors didn't exist.
I know you like to think that your reduced circumstances are not your fault, that eVol forces have conspired to keep you down, but it just ain't true, bro.  You're simply not very good at living.
Get good & stop acting like a petulant child.
December 22, 2014, 06:33:30 AM
The current system is killing so many people that most other system based of free choice should be better.

"The current system is killing so many people" compared to what?  Where do you get this nonsense?

The current system of fiat currencies, big government and big armies induce a lot of murders and suffering. period. I am pointing out that other systems should not be as harmful if they involve free choice, free market and less coercion.
December 21, 2014, 04:14:52 PM

December 21, 2014, 04:02:03 PM
... if the government did not provide national security then the counrty would be vulnerable to invasion,...

Not necessarily.  One could imagine a collection of competing defense contractors interacting with insurance companies to provide very efficient defense services to a significant number of high-profile clients...

Multiple competing armies bidding for defence contracts.  You guys eat a lot of wall candy when you were little?

December 21, 2014, 09:40:26 AM

Jump to: